PDA

View Full Version : Sayreville 7/7/09 Media Thread

chriiis
07-06-2009, 06:40 AM
This is the media thread for the upcoming show to be realized at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, New Jersey on July 7th 2009. Post videos audio pictures and the setlist here. Thank you ;D

dexterone
07-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Actually,we want setlist and videos...a lot of videos :D

gabbag
07-06-2009, 09:02 AM
I will try to record some videos as long as you dont care about the quality a lot because my camera isnt the best...

Gustavo
07-06-2009, 09:04 AM
I will try to record some videos as long as you dont care about the quality a lot because my camera isnt the best...

We don't. Anything you come up with would be very appreciated.

Phil594
07-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Sayreville. That place sounds familiar..

OffspringFreakess
07-06-2009, 12:35 PM
i'll be taking LOTS of pictures and videos. :D

Phil594
07-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Anybody buy Starparking?

chriiis
07-06-2009, 01:05 PM

Cool man, you will to record some stuff? Thanks

Phil594
07-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Cool man, you will to record some stuff? Thanks

Yeah no problem

chriiis
07-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Yeah no problem

Thank you dude! :)

Phil594
07-06-2009, 05:31 PM
What time you guys gonna be there?

bighead384
07-06-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm going to be there! Doesn't it start at 8?

Phil594
07-06-2009, 06:38 PM
I'm going to be there! Doesn't it start at 8?
Doors open at 7.

Rag Doll
07-06-2009, 06:39 PM
i'm getting there kind of early. and bringing a camera so i'll post pics. =)

chriiis
07-07-2009, 05:58 AM
i'm getting there kind of early. and bringing a camera so i'll post pics. =)

Nice thank you, if they play some "rare" song could you record it?! (:

B-Rad
07-07-2009, 01:21 PM
If im not too busy moshing I'll get some footage...

Praying to god that they play genocide

gsnguy67
07-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Just got home. What an incredible show. I certainly never thought it would get that intense. Once the drum beat for SIMU came on, everyone went crazy. After four songs I crowd surfed and completely flipped over. They were letting everyone who crowd surfed out at the front of the stage, security was really cool about it. I ended up watching the rest of the show from the bar (which wraps around the pit) where everyone just chilling. I continued to sing every song and definitely lost my voice. It was crazy because for Milan and Frank Turner, everyone just stood there. I just wish Offspring could have played the entire time. Milan actually wasn't bad, we got to see the guitarist play a solo with his teeth. No one in the crowd was giving Frank any love, shouting "USA!" and "Offspring!" the entire time he was playing. I texted in for Genocide, which unfortunately didn't win. It was my first Offspring concert, first time crowd surfing, and probably the best time of my life. I made sure to shout all the band members names as I surfed towards the front. Gone Away was ten million times better tonight than I've seen in the videos. It seemed like he introduced some kind of new bridge for a piano solo, which was awesome. Dex was shaking hands with some fans at the end, unfortunately I wasn't close enough to him to get the chance. Anyway, the concert was awesome, and I can't wait to see them again. here's the setlist....

1. SIMU
2. Bad Habit
3. YGGFK
4. Come Out and Play
5. Walla Walla
6. Have You Ever
7. Staring at the Sun
8. Gone Away
9. Kristy
10. Gotta Get Away
11. Half-Truism
12. Intermission
13. Americana
14. Job
15. All I Want
16. Pretty Fly
17. Head Around You
18. TKAA

19. Hammerhead
20. Want You Bad
21. Self Esteem

dodgerblue709
07-07-2009, 09:50 PM

It's where Bon Jovi grew up

And tonight's show was CRAZY!!!!!
SOOOOOOOO much fun!
You guys rock and you're the best live band I've ever seen.
JERSEY!!!!!
Please come back to us at some point. You know that place will sell out again!

bighead384
07-07-2009, 10:25 PM
The Offspring remain my heroes for playing as well as you could hope, but so many things bothered me about this show. It was WAY too fucking crowded in there. They must pay the fire department to look the other way. And there were SO many obnoxious people in the crowd. First off all, everyone was being disrespectful to Frank Turner, and practically everyone was in on it, not just a few assholes. They were booing and shouting "USA" since he's from England which was stupid. I could care less about Frank Turner, but that's just an idea of how people were tonight. The mosh pit was just macho bullshit. I saw some huge dudes literally spazz out and run into everyone. I constantly was getting pushed from behind for some reason, which happens, but usually not this much. I really wasn't too crazy about the sound either. It didn't sound very clear when I was closer to the front, but when I moved to the back of the venue, it sounded like garbage to me. Overall I enjoyed myself though, because it's still The Offspring.

Oh yeah, and I came inches from passing out during FT's set for some reason and I started running into people to get out of the crowd cause I was blacking out. That happens to me sometimes at crowded places and I don't know why. Pretty scary.

Americana98
07-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Yeah the audience's behavior during Frank Turner's show was totally disrespectful and I felt embarrassed to be there. If the audience doesn't like it, shut the hell up. How would they feel to be up there playing and to be made fun of by the crowd? Pretty annoying and it honestly almost ruined my whole evening.

LUCKILY not, though.

I had a lot of fun, during the Offspring's segment. Crowd was insane and very intense. Got to crowd surf for the first time and pretty much do everything I wanted during a concert. The 3 encore songs were a great way to end it, too.

Whoever picks the Offspring's opening acts though seriously needs to stop with the experimenting. I was polite to Frank Turner (much more than I usually would have been to his type of music) just because of the crap he was taking from the audience, I clapped and even cheered for his songs, and at one point he actually seemed to have won the crowd over, ("Now I think I'm starting to make friends!") but then he made the mistake of going on for TOO frigging long. The ska band was impressive but ultimately unmemorable, (again, not the right type of show...) obviously a last-minute replacement for Sum 41, who (for whatever reason) ducked out at the last minute.

Luckily The Offspring made up for those opening acts, like they always do.

I actually liked the venue, though the wait between bands was a bit too much and I have no idea why we waited for what felt like 20 minutes for a guy with an acoustic guitar to walk onstage...I think that was another reason the audience was hostile to him, they were getting impatient.

bighead384
07-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Now that I look back and think, I feel as though Frank Turner made some kind of impression on me, even though I was just anxious to hear The Offspring during his set. He was a good song writer, had a very down to earth attitude, and I respect him for staying positive despite the crowd.

jacknife737
07-07-2009, 10:57 PM
No one in the crowd was giving Frank any love, shouting "USA!" and "Offspring!" the entire time he was playing.

People fucking suck. At least he had a good time at the show I was at.

Glad you guys had fun, though. Seeing the Offspring for the first time is always a memorable experience.

B-Rad
07-07-2009, 10:57 PM
I hate to admit it, but I was one of the people booing frank turner.

Mob mentality took over. Whatcha gonna do?

Either way, best show I ever went to. Like gsnguy, first offspring show for me, and also the first time I crowd surfed. It was pretty damn intense, and amazing how fast it escalated when SIMU started.

The first band did a 3 man drum solo that was pretty fucking awesome too. I got a video of the whole thing but I lost my phone while riding the crowd :(

Oh, and was anyone else near that drunk asshole who tried to start a mosh while we were waiting for the offspring to come on? I was kinda stuck next to him since it was such a small place :/ We got away from him when the band came on though, and I somehow ended up all the way on the other side of the room within about 15 seconds. It was a hell of an experience.

Even though I lost my phone, my only real regret is that I didn't get to hear genocide tonight.

bighead384
07-07-2009, 10:58 PM
I actually liked the venue, though the wait between bands was a bit too much and I have no idea why we waited for what felt like 20 minutes for a guy with an acoustic guitar to walk onstage...I think that was another reason the audience was hostile to him, they were getting impatient.
The venue was decent, but it was just way too crowded. But yeah, the wait times were ridiculous, I forgot to mention that. Seemed a half hour of set up time for the Offspring. I think it was 10 when they went on, even though the doors opened at 7.

bighead384
07-07-2009, 11:00 PM
Oh, and was anyone else near that drunk asshole who tried to start a mosh while we were waiting for the offspring to come on? I was kinda stuck next to him since it was such a small place :/ We got away from him when the band came on though, and I somehow ended up all the way on the other side of the room within about 15 seconds. It was a hell of an experience.

Yeah, I saw that! The security guards got him. I was a few yards away from that whole ordeal near the stairs.

B-Rad
07-07-2009, 11:00 PM
The venue was decent, but it was just way too crowded. But yeah, the wait times were ridiculous, I forgot to mention that. Seemed a half hour of set up time for the Offspring. I think it was 10 when they went on, even though the doors opened at 7.

Ugh yeah we got there at 6:20, the wait sucked. Especially since it was just me and my friend since the other guys ditched at the last minute. All worth it though.

B-Rad
07-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I saw that! The security guards got him. I was a few yards away from that whole ordeal near the stairs.

Hah lucky you, the dude was so obnoxious. He picked up his gf and almost dropped her. Lotta drunks there. At one point some big fat guy tried to go through the center of the crowd to get to the other side during FT and everyone just pushed the drunken idiot back out haha

Americana98
07-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Considering they had a bar there, I actually expected even more drunks, to be honest. Whenever I crowd surfed to the front and had to pass through the people drinking to get back into the pit, they all stood totally still and didn't seem to really be getting into the music at all. I dunno, lol, I guess I just expected them to be stumbling around drunk, or something. When I saw the show at Camden (with Offspring, Papa Roach, Puddle of Mudd, and Saliva) I noticed a ton more drunk people walking around.

RockBottom885
07-08-2009, 12:45 AM
Went to the show tonight, was amazing (first Offspring show, although I wish I had ordered tickets for a second show as well)

The piano version of Gone Away was amazing, and I had no idea about it until tonight. And it was a shame to see Frank Turner getting so much flack, since I had looked into him recently and I actually enjoy his music. I was probably one of like 5 people excited to hear him play. He did a great job, and really handled the crowd well.

Starland was actually a really good venue, although it did seem like they kinda overpacked it tonight... We wound up being in one of the bar areas by the stairs, which was fine until everyone decided to block the stairway during the show. I spent all of Why Don't You Get a Job and Pretty Fly pinned against the wall about as tight as I could be pinned.

Rag Doll
07-08-2009, 07:23 AM
The Offspring remain my heroes for playing as well as you could hope, but so many things bothered me about this show. It was WAY too fucking crowded in there. They must pay the fire department to look the other way. And there were SO many obnoxious people in the crowd. First off all, everyone was being disrespectful to Frank Turner, and practically everyone was in on it, not just a few assholes. They were booing and shouting "USA" since he's from England which was stupid. I could care less about Frank Turner, but that's just an idea of how people were tonight. The mosh pit was just macho bullshit. I saw some huge dudes literally spazz out and run into everyone. I constantly was getting pushed from behind for some reason, which happens, but usually not this much. I really wasn't too crazy about the sound either. It didn't sound very clear when I was closer to the front, but when I moved to the back of the venue, it sounded like garbage to me. Overall I enjoyed myself though, because it's still The Offspring.

I will say, I 110% agree with bighead.

I'm pretty sure they oversold the crowd by at *least* 300 people. When the night started by boyfriend and I were in the back, right before the bar, to the right side of the stage (if you're facing the stage...the side Noodles was on). That was fine during Milan. When FT came on there was a crowd of like 10 drunk assholes that came and stood behind us. First, they were annoying me because they were daring each other to pour beer on people. Then during the entire FT set all I heard was, "fag fag fag fag usa usa usa usa fag fag suck my dick fag fag fag blow me faggot faggot you have no girls in your bed fag fag fag fag i bet you fuck guys in the ass fag fag fag fag usa!" omfg. at one point a bunch of them decide to charge the stage with security chasing after them and pushing everyone out of the way. some dude punched me right in the nose during all this (although, he was totally sweet as pie and apologized...thank you!). so afte FT, we ended up moving somewhere less ridiculous. We ended up on the "Greg" side of the stage on the platform. Which was good because it was calm, *slightly* less crowded, and a I could see. However, up until the end of Gone Away, all we could really hear was feedback....so if everyone was wondering why there was random cheering/booing during Gone Away....that was why.

OffspringFreakess
07-08-2009, 08:13 AM
the show was so insane!! it was my first time seeing the Offspring. i got there around 4:45 and got a really good place in line. there was probably 20 people in front of us. i am aching so bad this morning from jumping and screaming all fucking night. i was on the "Greg" side of the stage, and the bar was right behind me. me and my boyfriend were literally against the table of the bar. i even asked the girl if i could quick stand or sit on the bar to take pictures, but she said no. :(

i got so so so SO many pictures and videos its ridiculous. i'm in the process of uploading them now so it might take a while, but i'll post them as soon as i can! really good quality, too. I <3 my camera. :D

i was really disappointed in how overcrowded and obnoxious everyone was. this is the main reason why i don't think alcohol should be served at shows. it ruins everyone else's time. my boyfriend and i had a fight with at least three people before the Offspring even went on. drunk assholes. this mexican dude (probably about mid 40s) was standing right next to us with his two kids (my age). he kept pushing and bumping into us hardcore, so we did it back to him to get him out of the way. then he SHOVES me and my boyfriend really hard (we almost fall over) and he goes "WHY YOU PUSHIN' ME WHY YOU PUSHIN' ME WHY YOU PUSHIN' ME??" me, my boyfriend and four other people start screaming at him (apparently he ran into other people before) telling him he's fucking retarded and no one is pushing him until he pushes us, blah blah blah. he goes "i'm here with my KIIIIDS, man!!" and i go, "well, it's past their curfew darling, time for bed." and he threw his fist up at me!! i was shocked. i have never had that happen to me by a man before. he definatly had some anger issues. his face looked like it was about to explode if one person brushed against him, literally. fucking idiots. and the people that were boo'ing Frank Turner was sad. i'm glad he stuck it out though, cause i was cheering him on. his music was pretty good.

but THE OFFSPRING! they were incredible. i have never done so much physical activity in my life, haha. it pissed me off about the speakers during "Gone Away", but it was AWESOME. and i'm surprised no one mentioned this yet, but right before Gone Away, Dex was sitting at the piano talking or whatever. then he busted out the Charlie Brown theme for a minute and goes "THAT'S IT, GUYS!" it was great. i'm pretty sure i got that on film. shit, i pretty much got the whole show on film. :D they had so much energy and Dex was really happy to be there. he was talking to the crowd alot and just seemed excited to be in Jersey, telling us we're so sexy and we're all gonna do each other after the show. i had such a good time, definatly the best concert i've ever been to (minus the assholes). i can't wait till they come here again.

videos/pics soon, guys!

edit: i forgot to mention how EXCITED i was to hear Walla Walla! i didn't think they were going to play that song. also Americana! :D

Mark Rooster
07-08-2009, 08:15 AM
First of all, in regards to this thread only--mob mentality is never an acceptable excuse.

Anyone booing--and ESPECIALLY anyone shouting "USA"--is fucking ignorant. Frank Turner was not a good choice as an opener on this show, but Jesus Christ, have SOME respect.

The show itself was awesome. The Offspring really had an intense set going on. I also liked that they put "Gone Away" and "Kristy" next to each other, in the middle, a good time to chill out a little after the more aggressive songs that preceded them.

Also loved hearing "Americana" and "All I Want" one after the other. And the "Peanuts" theme on the piano.

Definitely a lot of jocks and morons there, but they didn't really bum me out or anything, as I was too excited to being Offspring again. Still, I wish people like that would just stick to their football games and Godsmack concerts.

KHWHD
07-08-2009, 08:22 AM
People fucking suck. At least he had a good time at the show I was at.

I agree. Not 1 person boo'd him or Pennywise. Was a great show all round.

gabbag
07-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Yea I felt so bad for Frank Turner when everyone was booing him that I just tried to clap and cheer loudly because he wasn't bad, it was just the wrong crowd for him. I thought he was kind of interesting. Anyway, it was my first Offspring show and it was absolutely amazing. Although for part of the night the speaker was buzzing and it was so obnoxious. But they finally sort of fixed it. We got there at around 5:40 and had a good spot in line and we were able to go to the merch booth without waiting for hours and then get a good spot to stand (by the bar that is in the main area on the left side because it is a bit higher up, so that I could actually see) The show was really awesome and I took a lot of pictures but they are not the best. I tried to take a video but I was standing on my tiptoes and people kept pushing me over so sorry my videos failed so I don't have any. But I will put up some pictures later once they are uploaded. I really liked Dexter playing the Peanuts on the piano and then playing "Gone Away" because it sounded amazing. Also Intermission was funny with the people juggling in stage and throwing squirrel? stuffed animals at the crowd. I was also pretty happy with the set list although it would have been cool to hear some less popular songs from their albums that I love even more. But overall it was an awesome night and my brother and I had so much fun. It was definitely one of the best concerts I have ever been to and I will post pictures later.

bighead384
07-08-2009, 08:46 AM
However, up until the end of Gone Away, all we could really hear was feedback....so if everyone was wondering why there was random cheering/booing during Gone Away....that was why.

Ohhhh lol. I was wondering about that. Dexter kept looking over there and I heard all this commotion. I thought Dexter was getting pissed that people were booing at him for playing a slow song or something. Cause that wouldn't surprise me with this crowd.

KHWHD
07-08-2009, 08:51 AM
My thoughts about this is that The Offspring wanted him as their opener correct?

If that's the case, who knows - The Offspring may say fuck it, we're not coming back here again if that's the way the crowd is going to treat our opening act.

bighead384
07-08-2009, 08:55 AM
If that's the case, who knows - The Offspring may say fuck it, we're not coming back here again if that's the way the crowd is going to treat our opening act.

That's what I was thinking. When it comes time to decide to do an encore or not, things like that may come back and bite everyone in the ass.

gabbag
07-08-2009, 09:11 AM
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs129.snc1/5535_1162803264884_1071923791_30513163_4930605_n.j pg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs129.snc1/5535_1162803784897_1071923791_30513176_4832638_n.j pg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs149.snc1/5535_1162803864899_1071923791_30513178_214772_n.jp g

gabbag
07-08-2009, 09:12 AM
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs149.snc1/5535_1162804104905_1071923791_30513184_5628755_n.j pg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs129.snc1/5535_1162804584917_1071923791_30513196_5595275_n.j pg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs149.snc1/5535_1162804744921_1071923791_30513200_3680941_n.j pg

chriiis
07-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Bad Habit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wM1VjhfRL4
All I Want: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQkn2OLDuME
Why Don't You Get A Job?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TutEbBkG_Zc
Gone Away: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv1f4IWV-JM
Kids Aren't Alright: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM3HEnZ2wCQ
Self Esteem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2NIugJZZJI

OffspringFreakess
07-08-2009, 09:39 AM
pictures!

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r374/blackball1565/offspring%207-7-09/z_patreeka011.jpg

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r374/blackball1565/offspring%207-7-09/z_patreeka012.jpg

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r374/blackball1565/offspring%207-7-09/z_patreeka013.jpg

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r374/blackball1565/offspring%207-7-09/z_patreeka018.jpg

OffspringFreakess
07-08-2009, 09:40 AM
http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r374/blackball1565/offspring%207-7-09/z_patreeka019.jpg

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r374/blackball1565/offspring%207-7-09/z_patreeka020.jpg

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r374/blackball1565/offspring%207-7-09/z_patreeka021.jpg

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r374/blackball1565/offspring%207-7-09/z_patreeka022.jpg

OffspringFreakess
07-08-2009, 09:41 AM
http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r374/blackball1565/offspring%207-7-09/z_patreeka023.jpg

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r374/blackball1565/offspring%207-7-09/z_patreeka024.jpg

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r374/blackball1565/offspring%207-7-09/z_patreeka026.jpg

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r374/blackball1565/offspring%207-7-09/z_patreeka030.jpg

OffspringFreakess
07-08-2009, 09:43 AM
http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r374/blackball1565/offspring%207-7-09/z_patreeka031.jpg

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r374/blackball1565/offspring%207-7-09/z_patreeka032.jpg

i thought this one ^ was cool, even though it's out of focus.

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r374/blackball1565/offspring%207-7-09/z_patreeka033.jpg

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r374/blackball1565/offspring%207-7-09/z_patreeka037.jpg

OffspringFreakess
07-08-2009, 09:43 AM
http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r374/blackball1565/offspring%207-7-09/z_patreeka050.jpg

and one just to show you how fucking excited i was, haha.

i have more so if you want me to post, just ask!

KHWHD
07-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Wow, that place really does look small. :eek:

gabbag
07-08-2009, 09:55 AM
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs149.snc1/5535_1162804344911_1071923791_30513190_4836341_n.j pg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs129.snc1/5535_1162804544916_1071923791_30513195_7417720_n.j pg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs149.snc1/5535_1162804664919_1071923791_30513198_4892363_n.j pg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs129.snc1/5535_1162803744896_1071923791_30513175_7579697_n.j pg

gabbag
07-08-2009, 09:57 AM
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs129.snc1/5535_1162804064904_1071923791_30513183_8356049_n.j pg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs149.snc1/5535_1162804104905_1071923791_30513184_5628755_n.j pg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs149.snc1/5535_1162804464914_1071923791_30513193_5160795_n.j pg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs149.snc1/5535_1162804824923_1071923791_30513202_3315153_n.j pg

Phil594
07-08-2009, 10:13 AM
I was actually up against the rail during Milan and part of Frank Turner. Then I passed out (Frank Turner played waaay too long) and my friend had to drag me to the bathroom.:eek:
So we were on the right side of the stage most of the time since it's so fucking crowded you can't get in the center..but I squeezed in, moshed a little bit, and went crowd surfing. Anyone see that little 7/8 year old that went crowd surfing?

OffspringFreakess
07-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Anyone see that little 7/8 year old that went crowd surfing?

no way!! what side of the stage was he on?

OffspringFreakess
07-08-2009, 10:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgufDwQ4How

dex talking, playing the "Peanuts" theme, and "Gone Away".

sorry for my screaming and "come on, Dexter!!" yells. hahah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRjpdkEUfOc

"Why Don't You Get A Job?" full song & "Intermission"

Phil594
07-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Right side. For most of the show I was right by the place where they took equipment on and off stage. When Noodles went off stage I started screaming "Noodles!!" and extending my hand out for a high 5. He didn't notice me. :(:(:(:(

OffspringFreakess
07-08-2009, 10:38 AM
aw, that sucks! i was on the left side. dex came off the stage and slapped a few hands and such, but i was a smidgen too far away. :(

Aunt Bamm
07-08-2009, 10:40 AM
:p Welcome to the world of general admission. If you are going to stand on the floor of a small venue, then you have to pay the piper.
I was at the left of the stage looking at the floor recalling a Who concert where people died because of the rush to get a spot close to the stage. I am still wondering why general admission is still allowable in certain venues and now that I am older I err on the side of caution to find a suitable spot close to the stage, just not up front. Besides, you can scmoooze with roadies, managers and such to get back stage and often have a better view and may even meet the band. Again the floor is and always be the most dangerous place as well as a fun place the see and enjoy most band but keep in mind the possibilities..
The way to enjoy any type of concert is to express thru moshing/dancing/screaming or calling attention to yourself to get the lead singers attention on you to get backstage!
I was next to the stage between 2 bars and though crowded and hyped thought that this was the most controlled and well behaved crowd I have witnessed in a general admission concert. I suggest you go to The HOB where I have experienced some real assholes, or The Warped Tour and you will see how obnoxious and chaotic and violent a crowd of fans can truly be.

As for booing a band... this happens at a lot of concerts, I have seen big names get booed off stage, it is just the way it is. I didn't like his style and though that he could have left after the 4th or 5th song. But hey, punk and angst are what it's all about take the good with the bad and grow up and get over it.
Just an observation from a someone who has seen a lot of awesome shows, and this was defiantly an fucking awesome show!

Phil594
07-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Did you see how hard it was to get in the center? People were barely walking trying to get out while other people were pushing to get in. I finally got in during Americana, moshed for a few songs, then went crowd surfing and back to where I started. :D
I wouldn't be surprised if people got serious injuries there.

OffspringFreakess
07-08-2009, 10:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h4fKUGoeEs

Dex singing "Kristy" and he locks eyes with my camera for a solid few seconds. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUkHgkMEp14

Pretty Fly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P7OkoIjVfU

part of "Bad Habit" (stupid dumbshit goddamn motherfucker)

Aunt Bamm
07-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Have you never been to a general admission concert, or bar type of venue when a big name plays?
These are your peers, you all had the same idea at the same time. I have seen people trampled to the ground and taken by ambulance. I learned my lesson along time ago that I'm not the only one enjoying the concert and I am not the only one who wants a handshake. pic or stick. Think about what you wanted to do and times that by a few hundred people that all have the same idea.
Think outside the box dude be smart with your decisions. You aren't as much of and individual as you think.

bighead384
07-08-2009, 10:51 AM
I was next to the stage between 2 bars and though crowded and hyped thought that this was the most controlled and well behaved crowd I have witnessed in a general admission concert. I suggest you go to The HOB where I have experienced some real assholes, or The Warped Tour and you will see how obnoxious and chaotic and violent a crowd of fans can truly be.

That's funny, because I've been thinking about how tame Warped Tour was compared to this show. And that was for bands like Pennywise and Bad Religion that don't have songs like Kristy and Gone Away. I've been to a lot of shows where people act crazy, but at this show, it was really the combination of out of control assholes + severe overcrowdedness that created a significant annoyance.

Aunt Bamm
07-08-2009, 10:57 AM
That's funny, because I've been thinking about how tame Warped Tour was compared to this show. And that was for bands like Pennywise and Bad Religion that don't have songs like Kristy and Gone Away. I've been to a lot of shows where people act crazy, but at this show, it was really the combination of out of control assholes + severe overcrowdedness that created a significant annoyance.

I was there to see The Used, Suicide Machines, Flogging Molly and I saw no digression and at least 6 broken noses and one compound fracture that was rushed to Cooper hospital. I saw a young girl have ehr clothes torn and skirt ripped off while surfing, I came out with a bruised back and legs while watching Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies for crying out loud. You call that tame? I have seen concerts at HOB where moshing and shit is prohibited but there are still idiots trying to get as close to the stage as possible.

Phil594
07-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Someone upload Americana!

bighead384
07-08-2009, 11:03 AM
I was there to see The Used, Suicide Machines, Flogging Molly and I saw no digression and at least 6 broken noses and one compound fracture that was rushed to Cooper hospital. I saw a young girl have ehr clothes torn and skirt ripped off while surfing, I came out with a bruised back and legs while watching Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies for crying out loud. You call that tame? I have seen concerts at HOB where moshing and shit is prohibited but there are still idiots trying to get as close to the stage as possible.

But the people that got hurt chose to put themselves in a position where they could get hurt. That wasn't the case at this show due to overcrowding. It's not that big of a deal to me, but it definitely could have went over a little better.

Phil594
07-08-2009, 11:06 AM
But the people that got hurt chose to put themselves in a position where they could get hurt. That wasn't the case at this show due to overcrowding. It's not that big of a deal to me, but it definitely could have went over a little better.
Yea if you went in the pit it was almost impossible to get out.

Sheck0
07-08-2009, 11:54 AM

Definitely true, the mosh pit kinda formed around me but I didn't really give a shit. Fun as hell.

Americana98
07-08-2009, 12:13 PM
My thoughts about this is that The Offspring wanted him as their opener correct?

For the record, The Offspring actually seemed to love the crowd and Dexter said it was "their most fun show in a long time," and they did a 3-song encore so yeah, clearly he wasn't bothered by Frank Turner's bad crowd reception. I also doubt the Offspring pick their opening acts, it's most likely the record label wanting to get their artists some exposure. He signed onto Epitaph in April, so I dunno.

Phil594
07-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Haha I almost lost my pants while crowd surfing..which had my camera,phone, and $60.

Sheck0
07-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Someone out there's got my gray Offspring shirt that I had in my pocket (I put on a shirt I just bought instead). It was worth it, though.

theoffspringignite
07-08-2009, 12:26 PM
The show was awesome. I was right up front and center. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures or anything like that. I'm going to Roseland tonight to see them 2nd day in a row, woo!

Phil594
07-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Did anyone hear what Noodles said before Pretty Fly For a White Guy?
Something like..?
"You guys look around at each other! Just turn around! You guys are gonna want to do each other too! Everyone's gonna want to do each other!

OffspringFreakess
07-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Something like..?
"You guys look around at each other! Just turn around! You guys are gonna want to do each other too! Everyone's gonna want to do each other!

i have that on film! go back a page and click my youtube link. :D

Phil594
07-08-2009, 12:51 PM
i have that on film! go back a page and click my youtube link. :D
Yea I watched the video I just can't catch a couple words he's saying.

Mark Rooster
07-08-2009, 12:54 PM
One thing that surprised me, only because I'm not used to it at these kinds of rock clubs, was how friendly the security was. They even asked how I was doing before frisking me. And the bouncers up front by the stage, carrying the crowd surfers away, were also very nice. I wish the Starland was closer to where I live; I think it's a pretty damn cool place.

Americana98
07-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Someone out there's got my gray Offspring shirt that I had in my pocket (I put on a shirt I just bought instead). It was worth it, though.

Haha I just put my new shirt over my old one and wore them both.

Phil594
07-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Security was nice?? They almost threw me to the ground when I was crowd surfing! Oh and I live 5 minutes from Starland. :p

OffspringFreakess
07-08-2009, 12:56 PM
he does the whole "look around" ect. bit that you said, then the last thing he says is "we're all gonna get fucking laid tonight!"

Americana98
07-08-2009, 01:01 PM
I actually gave the security guard a pat on the shoulder after he caught me in mid-air when I reached the stage, (otherwise I would have hit the floor, lol) they did a great job, actually. And they had to be really watchful, too, that was a small and packed venue, and surprisingly nobody got seriously hurt (from what I could see, anyway.)

Sheck0
07-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Something like..?

Yeah, we just all looked at each other confused and than just started screaming "Fuck yeah!". My first Offspring concert, they better come back to NJ for their next tour!

Sheck0
07-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Haha I just put my new shirt over my old one and wore them both.

That's what my friend did. I gave him one of my old Offspring shirts to wear and he put that over what he was wearing and then put the new shirt he got over that. I don't know how he lived through that all wearing three shirts. :D

Phil594
07-08-2009, 01:58 PM

Oh yeah, and I came inches from passing out during FT's set for some reason and I started running into people to get out of the crowd cause I was blacking out. That happens to me sometimes at crowded places and I don't know why. Pretty scary.

I actually DID blackout during FT's set. :mad:
Good thing my friend was there to drag me to the bathroom.

MeanBob
07-08-2009, 08:12 PM
I got almost the entire concert recorded. I'm gonna put them up as soon as possible. Might get them up tonight if I can cuz I got stuff to do, if not then tomorrow. But, man, it was awesome for my first concert ever for my favorite band of all time. It was even awesomer to see them in person :D

gsnguy67
07-08-2009, 09:14 PM
That's what my friend did. I gave him one of my old Offspring shirts to wear and he put that over what he was wearing and then put the new shirt he got over that. I don't know how he lived through that all wearing three shirts.

I was barely alive with two shirts on, not sure how he survived with three, haha. That is quite rediculous.

Only through crowd surfing, haha. I'm hoping someone will get a video of COAP up to see if I'm in it...

I regret now buying tickets for Roseland to go see them again. Oh well, hopefully they'll put out this new record in 2010 as planned we'll see them again in no time!

MeanBob, you are the man.

Conclair
07-08-2009, 09:32 PM
The ballroom is freakin nuts. I absolutely love that venue, but with big name bands it gets sorta intense. At the show I was at Frank Turner actually did pretty good, and the crowd was very respectful. I'm going to the Saratoga show this weekend, and it should be fun. Except I hate Stain'd and Sum41...

Phil594
07-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Definitely true, the mosh pit kinda formed around me but I didn't really give a shit. Fun as hell.
Very fun indeed.

Rag Doll
07-09-2009, 12:35 PM
http://s622.photobucket.com/albums/tt304/AweSamxx/Starland%20Ballroom%20July%2009/

from starland. not that many and not super good. i will be putting up roseland pics in that thread....there are more and they are better. i was in the back during this show and i'm only like 5 feet tall and was trying to get pics between people. =\

MeanBob
07-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Alrighty then, guys. Got every video up on YouTube now. From the beginning, I was up front, but later, which confused me and my brother a lot (lol), somehow, ended up being pushed back a little bit and then a little bit towards the left side of the stage (Greg's side).

Hope you guys enjoy. I tried as best as I can to get everything. :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/MeanBob22791#play/user/30C413F222F0D025

Oh and pictures too!

lol me and my friend knew what songs they were gonna play before they started
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c110/MeanBob91/5808_107935956850_534031850_2692011.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c110/MeanBob91/5808_107935971850_534031850_2692014.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c110/MeanBob91/DSCF2348.jpg

MeanBob
07-09-2009, 06:05 PM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c110/MeanBob91/5808_107937746850_534031850_2692027.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c110/MeanBob91/5808_107937751850_534031850_2692028.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c110/MeanBob91/5808_107937756850_534031850_2692029.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c110/MeanBob91/5808_107937761850_534031850_2692030.jpg
^I think he was looking at me :P

MeanBob
07-09-2009, 06:05 PM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c110/MeanBob91/5808_107937771850_534031850_2692032.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c110/MeanBob91/5808_107937776850_534031850_2692033.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c110/MeanBob91/5808_107937791850_534031850_2692036.jpg

Phil594
07-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Alrighty then, guys. Got every video up on YouTube now. From the beginning, I was up front, but later, which confused me and my brother a lot (lol), somehow, ended up being pushed back a little bit and then a little bit towards the left side of the stage (Greg's side).

Hope you guys enjoy. I tried as best as I can to get everything. :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/MeanBob22791#play/user/30C413F222F0D025

Thanks for uploading Americana! Now I have to look and see if I see myself crowd surfing..

Dexter_italy
07-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Yes thank you meanbob!
The security guy with the long beard seems singing bad habit if I'm not wrong :D

RyanSabotage
07-10-2009, 06:24 PM
i had fun.

i think i creeped out greg

RyanSabotage
07-12-2009, 02:10 PM
this sucks, nobody else has pic or footage?

OffspringFreakess
07-12-2009, 02:13 PM
http://s353.photobucket.com/albums/r374/blackball1565/offspring%207-7-09/

here a link to all my pictures, ryan! XD

gabbag
07-12-2009, 02:19 PM
i could post a couple more pictures but they arent the best...

like this one:
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs149.snc1/5535_1162803304885_1071923791_30513164_7635593_n.j pg

or this one:
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs149.snc1/5535_1162803624893_1071923791_30513172_6639881_n.j pg

or maybe this one:
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs129.snc1/5535_1163718527765_1071923791_30516320_6195441_n.j pg

and if you are feeling really crazy and desperate for more pictures, i do have more crappy pictures for you...

OffspringFreakess
07-12-2009, 02:19 PM
i like that shot of noodles, gabbag!

:D

RyanSabotage
07-12-2009, 02:25 PM
its like, there were so many cameras goin on at once, expecially that dude in the orange shirt takeing pics at the security part next to the stage, wheres his photos, haha

OffspringFreakess
07-12-2009, 02:26 PM
i know, right? i felt bad for the short chick in front of me. she was taking mad videos and they were just of people's heads and hands in the air. hahah. maybe they all ended up like that?

RyanSabotage
07-12-2009, 02:30 PM
haha prob
i feel like i kicked something out of someones hands when i was crowd surfing

gabbag
07-12-2009, 02:38 PM
i like that shot of noodles, gabbag!

:D

Thank you :)
I liked it but it was way too dark but I used photoshop and made it better

and yea most of my pictures had someone's arm, were way to blurry, too dark, or just had peoples heads mostly

RyanSabotage
07-12-2009, 02:41 PM
did anyone by any chance get staring at the sun?
was so sick when they played it

MeanBob
07-12-2009, 10:45 PM
haha prob
i feel like i kicked something out of someones hands when i was crowd surfing

Did you happen to kick one right when you got past the rail when a security gaurd was about to put you down from the crowd? If yeah, then, that was probably me while I was recording one of the songs lol.

chriiis
07-13-2009, 08:36 AM
gabbay and offspringfreakess, thanks for the pictures!

RyanSabotage
07-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Did you happen to kick one right when you got past the rail when a security gaurd was about to put you down from the crowd? If yeah, then, that was probably me while I was recording one of the songs lol.

might be, i mean, i did see my self in the cant get my head around you video
i show up 0.27 seconds in haha

i might have, im not sure dude
and if i did, my bad man.. haha

MeanBob
07-13-2009, 01:45 PM
might be, i mean, i did see my self in the cant get my head around you video
i show up 0.27 seconds in haha

i might have, im not sure dude
and if i did, my bad man.. haha

No worries lol, bro, it's totally fine, but hmm...really?

RyanSabotage
07-13-2009, 01:56 PM
i duno possibly
i was up there alot
i really wanted to go on stage and dive
security was too uptight i think