PDA

View Full Version : City Hall (Tenacious D) & Animal Farm

The Talking Pie
01-21-2005, 05:19 PM
Anyone else notice the similarities between these two epic tales?

Eccentric Sara
01-21-2005, 06:10 PM
Well,if I'd read Animal Farm,I would tell you!!! City Hall is kick-ass song though!!!*loves Tenacious D* :D

The Talking Pie
01-21-2005, 06:16 PM
[To me, at least] they're both a critcism of Communist Russia; both in that two start a revolution, denouce capitalism (whilst becoming capitalists themselves), then one tries to get rid of the other. The end result? Utter failure of the system.

I figure KG as [a not-so-wise] Lenin and Jack Black as Stalin...

Eccentric Sara
01-21-2005, 06:23 PM
Haha,coolies. Jeez,I feel so ignorant!!! I don't really know enough about history or Russia to know whether I agree with you or not,but you're probably right!! Hehe I know they criticise Communism in the song somewhere!

wheelchairman
01-21-2005, 06:31 PM
I would say Animal Farm (and 1984) are good descriptions of any society that undergoes social change, most people just assume it was communist Russia because there are some obvious connections between the two.

You'd like www.studentsfororwell.org

I think that's the url...

anyways I wouldn't read that deeply into the lyrics of Tenacious D....as far as I recall Stalin never sent Lenin to investigate famines...

Mota Boy
01-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Personally, I see that particular Tenacious D literary masterpiece as being steeped more in the Shakesperian tradition, particularly Hamlet, than any 20th century works.

Little_Miss_1565
01-24-2005, 01:36 PM
Personally, I see that particular Tenacious D literary masterpiece as being steeped more in the Shakesperian tradition, particularly Hamlet, than any 20th century works.

Macbeth!

Word.