PDA

View Full Version : New Greg K interview

RonWelty
07-11-2009, 05:31 PM
http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2009/jul/11/offspring-remain-true-vision-despite-changes/

jacknife737
07-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Cool article, thanks for posting. Nice to see a further confirmation about Pete regarding playing for the next album. Shame about the lack of reaction to the non-singles though; Trust In You seems tailer made for a live show.

P.S. People still listen to Stained?

RonWelty
07-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Cool article, thanks for posting. Nice to see a further confirmation about Pete regarding playing for the next album. Shame about the lack of reaction to the non-singles though; Trust In You seems tailer made for a live show.

P.S. People still listen to Stained?

Dexter can't sing TiY live...:(

The_BlackSwordsman
07-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Thanks, nice interview. It's always good to see Greg K talking.

Dexter can't sing TiY live...:(

And why is that? :/

RonWelty
07-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks, nice interview. It's always good to see Greg K talking.

And why is that? :/

www.youtube.com

type Offspring trabendo trust in you

click play!

The_BlackSwordsman
07-11-2009, 06:22 PM
www.youtube.com

click play!

:p Maybe he had some problem with his voice that day? I thought if someone was able to sing a song in studio, he would also be able to sing it live. I mean, what's the big difference? Or is the studio voice that much altered?:confused:

*sigh* A pity. :(

nieh
07-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Singles “Hammerhead,” “You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid” and “Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?” have all charted in the top 10 in Billboard’s Hot Modern Rock Tracks, with “You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid” reaching No. 1. The song is another bouncy, jokey number in the vein of “Pretty Fly” or “Come Out and Play,” off of “Smash.”

... what?

Outerspaceman21
07-11-2009, 07:02 PM
... what?

I thought that too. YGGF, K was a joke track? WE'VE BEEN DECEIVED!!!!

The_BlackSwordsman
07-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Well, I guess you could see it that way. It's sarcastic. But yeah, not on the same vein as Pretty Fly. :P

randman21
07-11-2009, 07:12 PM
:p Maybe he had some problem with his voice that day? I thought if someone was able to sing a song in studio, he would also be able to sing it live. I mean, what's the big difference? Or is the studio voice that much altered?:confused:

*sigh* A pity. :(
Nah, it was just an off day. I think most of the songs from that show were a bit tough for Dex.

... what?

I know. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid is hilarious. Especially that "dance, fucker, dance" part.

Americana98
07-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Whoa, so great to see Greg K do an interview, wish we got to see more of it, but awesome.

I think they should consider trying some deeper tracks off CD's. I've always wanted to hear songs like Lightning Rod and Takes me Nowhere live....but oh well.

It's not like Stuff is Messed Up has been a radio hit, so maybe that'll convince the band otherwise.

Human
07-11-2009, 10:15 PM
www.youtube.com (http://www.youtube.com)

click play!

Now I don't feel bad anymore for sucking at that song. ^.^

MoonTan™
07-11-2009, 10:28 PM
"But Freese is no stranger to the band either, having contributed percussion in the past, and even filling in for Welty at times."

I didn't know this, Did anyone Know This? Does this mean that There are some Old shows with Josh drumming?

Ryder1234
07-11-2009, 10:36 PM
It's not like Stuff is Messed Up has been a radio hit, so maybe that'll convince the band otherwise.

It was though, I'm pretty sure.

At least here it was. That was around the time I was barely on here so don't know how much it was played anywhere else, although I'm pretty sure it was everywhere else.

Outerspaceman21
07-12-2009, 12:17 AM
It was though, I'm pretty sure.

At least here it was. That was around the time I was barely on here so don't know how much it was played anywhere else, although I'm pretty sure it was everywhere else.

Naw, it wasn't that big. I think KROQ played it for a while, but thats all I know. It didn't really chart or anything, and the charts are pretty accurate as far as radio airplay.

Outerspaceman21
07-12-2009, 12:24 AM
Yeah. Besides, radio's not exactly too receptive to songs containing the words "asshole", "shit", and "fuck".

And yet YGGF, F spent 11 weeks at #1.

Rutegard
07-12-2009, 04:45 AM
nice interview :)

Now I don't feel bad anymore for sucking at that song. ^.^

dont EVEN compare..

Blitz!
07-12-2009, 07:18 AM
http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2009/jul/11/offspring-remain-true-vision-despite-changes/

Thanks for the interview :) Nice to see Greg participating in them, he should do it more often.

SelfEsteem94
07-12-2009, 01:30 PM
hm,
i wasnt aware that Greg could speak.
well this is a kickass interview,
it really is.
he described everything really clearly.

Little_Miss_1565
07-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Greg rules! I hope all the whiners who are upset about the band abandoning its supposedly punx as fuck roots read this one.

Zee
07-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Greg's interviews are always the coolest, that guy is just so fucking tough all the way. :D

He even told for Finnish magazine back in the days that it wasn't really Ron's choice to leave, it was more of the others decision. Go Greg! Go honesty!