PDA

View Full Version : SIFU video MJ EUTHANIZED: will it get edited out?

Oxygene
07-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Guys,

I wanna know what you think.. I'm fairly certain it's a huge coincidence, but still what do you think.. will it get edited out? Was it on pourpose? Should it get edited out?

This was one of those holly fuck moments when I stopped the video here by accident and checked it!

What do you think?

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6913/picture35x.png

I think not :)

IamSam
07-13-2009, 11:12 AM
It's a tribute to him....

KHWHD
07-13-2009, 11:14 AM
I think it's mere coincidence. I don't think it'll be edited out.

randman21
07-13-2009, 11:16 AM
It's a tribute to him....

hahaha.

I think it was intentional. I realize that the video was made months ago, but I guess it's possible for them to have just put that in there. I can't think of a reason that they'd link him to euthanasia before that whole thing. I have no problem with it, btw.

Oxygene
07-13-2009, 11:16 AM
There could be some ramifications so close to his death, and for some reason everyone seems to want to sew the Offspring.. or Nitro

Jojan
07-13-2009, 11:23 AM
"Will"!? How can we know that?

Oxygene
07-13-2009, 11:27 AM
"Will"!? How can we know that?

it's a what do you think poll.. do you think it will be removed or it will not be removed.. quite simple :)

dff_punk
07-13-2009, 11:28 AM
The immedieate creation of this thread perfectly shows how much unneccessary media bullshit there might pop out when the video is released..

Dirigent
07-13-2009, 11:29 AM
I think it was intentional. I realize that the video was made months ago, but I guess it's possible for them to have just put that in there. I can't think of a reason that they'd link him to euthanasia before that whole thing. I have no problem with it, btw.
I approve of this message.

Or they'll just send the chimpanzee after Greg or something.
ROFL, I missed you. :D

Oxygene
07-13-2009, 11:33 AM
The immedieate creation of this thread perfectly shows how much unneccessary media bullshit there might pop out when the video is released..

the immeadiate reating of this thread prefectly shows how this being a hot topic I didn't wanna derail the original thread any further with this observation.. it's going to be a focal point so might as well not fuck up the discussion of a fantastic music video.

HA! :D

dff_punk
07-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Touché .

SelfEsteem94
07-13-2009, 11:36 AM
nah,
the videos nothing but pure truth,
its not against the law to show the truth on tv.

Beheaded
07-13-2009, 11:39 AM
I don't think so.
I mean, MJ is dead and not 'til yesterday. So, no way. The video is final, no editing.

KHWHD
07-13-2009, 11:40 AM
I agree. They had this video made before MJ even died. No one saw it coming, no one.

_Lost_
07-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Nah, they wouldn't have continued with the release of it if they thought it would need reediting later.

RyanSabotage
07-13-2009, 11:45 AM
a video that shows americas true colors, i love it
but knowing fuse tv or mtv, yeah, they will get rid of MJ's face..
sad but prob. true

then again, i duno, the shit thats aired on today is kind of crazy so who knows

Rutegard
07-13-2009, 11:47 AM
and y would it be edited out?

Oxygene
07-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Nah, they wouldn't have continued with the release of it if they thought it would need reediting later.

it could be that they just fucking overlooked it... I mean it's only in for like what 7 frames?

RyanSabotage
07-13-2009, 11:49 AM
shit in the bruno movie was edited out becasue it had something to do with Michale Jackson and it was "dis tasteful" or somethen

flashing a image of MJ, most peeps would take it the wrong way
just the way people are
but who cares, i hope they keep it in

Blitz!
07-13-2009, 11:53 AM
There could be some ramifications so close to his death, and for some reason everyone seems to want to sue the Offspring.. or Nitro

No, I don't believe that the video will be edited ... The band it aware of the content of this video and I'm sure that they know about MJ's death and decided to go ahead and release the video today. If there are any ramifications, I am sure the band will stand by their decision.

RonWelty
07-13-2009, 11:56 AM
this band loves to be sued and to be in court so I vote NO!

hshduppsnt
07-13-2009, 12:01 PM
I'm not sure, I bet if people really take notice someone will try to make something out of it...

of course the bigger it becomes the more ironic that will be given the song :)

Free?
07-13-2009, 12:02 PM
No! becuze punx!
jajajaja

Jesus
07-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Well editing it out to get it on tv would be weird, since that would probably be one of the last things to edit after noodles smoking, his shirt, ... ;). Let alone the audio of "shit is fucked up".

So I don't think this video was intended for tv =p. Seems like something they wanted to make and had a blast doing it too! Awesome video. And did a lot of tv channels actually play the latest Offspring videos?

RonWelty
07-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Well editing it out to get it on tv would be weird, since that would probably be one of the last things to edit after noodles smoking, his shirt, ... ;). Let alone the audio of "shit is fucked up".

So I don't think this video was intended for tv =p. Seems like something they wanted to make and had a blast doing it too! Awesome video. And did a lot of tv channels actually play the latest Offspring videos?

Not at all, but I still believe this video will be a youtube hit!

Rooster
07-13-2009, 12:19 PM
It's all the part of a conspiracy. You know, MJ was murdered, right?...RIGHT? Apparently The Offspring had something to do with it, as they obviously knew he would soon die...no take tiss post seriosly, please

Edit: It won't get edited in my opinion, but on the other hand who knows what some hardcore Jacko's fans could achieve if they notice this...

Dirigent
07-13-2009, 12:39 PM
I agree. They had this video made before MJ even died. No one saw it coming, no one.
They added it later for sure. It's obvious. They wouldn't give a shit about MJ if he didn't die.

KHWHD
07-13-2009, 12:44 PM
They added it later for sure. It's obvious. They wouldn't give a shit about MJ if he didn't die.

You don't know that for certain. Maybe someone can clear this up for us.

Dirigent
07-13-2009, 12:51 PM
You don't know that for certain. Maybe someone can clear this up for us.
Let's have a bet! If I'm right, you are gonna shave off you hair. :]

KHWHD
07-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Let's have a bet! If I'm right, you are gonna shave off you hair. :]

And when I win? ;)

Dirigent
07-13-2009, 01:01 PM
You choose. :D

Oxygene
07-13-2009, 01:04 PM
And when I win? ;)

you get to shave his pubes and his anus...

with a weedwhacker :D

KHWHD
07-13-2009, 01:27 PM
you get to shave his pubes and his anus...

with a weedwhacker :D

Haha, now there's a thought. ;) :D

jacknife737
07-13-2009, 02:13 PM
The video is fine the way it is, and should remain untouched.

Lord_Gabo
07-13-2009, 02:30 PM
i love mj.. but i think that euthanized on his photo is a correct thing.. he's dead ...or someone has choose for him? ..RIP Mj

This video is awesome

Little_Miss_1565
07-13-2009, 02:41 PM
I have severe doubts this video would ever appear on TV. It's good viral material, though! So no, I don't think it would be edited out, and I also think every frame of this video was totally intentional.

I would have expected Amy Winehouse under "rehab" though. ;)

Harleyquiiinn
07-13-2009, 02:45 PM
and y would it be edited out?

cause it's legally risky... when you say someone has been euthanized, you make an accusation. An accusation with no proof is called defamation.
If MJ's family sees this and want to sue, they have a legal ground... but then, as someone says, the Offsrping doesn't seem to care about being sued :D

I have severe doubts this video would ever appear on TV. It's good viral material, though! So no, I don't think it would be edited out

For defamation, it doesn't really matter that the vid is shown on TV or not...

Oxygene> Good eyes !

RonWelty
07-13-2009, 02:54 PM
I have severe doubts this video would ever appear on TV. It's good viral material, though! So no, I don't think it would be edited out, and I also think every frame of this video was totally intentional.

I would have expected Amy Winehouse under "rehab" though. ;)

I looked for that too! LOL

cool 2 hate 681
07-13-2009, 03:00 PM
this video will never get played on tv so it won't matter

SelfEsteem94
07-13-2009, 05:31 PM
this video will never get played on tv so it won't matter
true,
im not sure they would even play the video anywhere on tv.
if you havent noticed, its has a shitload of sexual stuff in it, people are constantly flicking of the camera, it shows a full tit, and lets not forget the main part of the song "Shit is FUCKED Up."
i highly doubt it will receive enough play to become a controversial issue.

.D U L C E.
07-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Have some decent and proper respect for MJ. :( :( :mad: :mad:

-Revolution-
07-13-2009, 08:38 PM
No ,... it's too late to make something and ... it's not a big problem ( I think ):p
And the problem is that never see on television (its content)
this video is not going to be well spread around the world but is equally good ...
I am going to see the great dancing robot hahahaha

Dirigent
07-14-2009, 02:44 AM
A legal ground? What about free speech?

A full tit? How shocking. :rolleyes:

Harleyquiiinn
07-14-2009, 02:55 AM
It's a matter of balance between Rights. You can have free speech as long as it doesn't cause an unjustified damage to another person or as long as it is an opinion.

To compare, some people talked about Amy Winehouse and Rehab. They would have put a picture of Amy Winehouse on Rehab it wouldn't have been defamation cause it's true and proved, therefore, the detriment wouldn't have been unjustified and it would have been covered by the freedom of speech.

Same thing if I had said that MJ was a terrible singer. It can't be proved or unproved. it is just an opinion => Freedom of speech.

But don't get me wrong. I don't say that this video should be edited. I like it that way. I am just answering to Oxy's question, that I think there would be a legal ground if someone decided to sue :)

Dirigent
07-14-2009, 03:00 AM
Yeah, I'm not from USA. So, it all seems like a joke. Jesus, it's just a fuckin' art. What kind of damage it could cause? Somebody is too sensitive like a big *censored*.

Harleyquiiinn
07-14-2009, 06:00 AM
Oh by the way, I don't see why this vid couldn't be shown on TV... I mean... not american... I know that they are censored in the US (I laugh everytime I watch that live video of Bad Habit on Youtube :D) But they are not here... we have all the "fuck" and "shit" we want...So... let's say that I am going to keep an eye on MTV... :cool:

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
07-14-2009, 08:09 AM
Oh by the way, I don't see why this vid couldn't be shown on TV... I mean... not american... I know that they are censored in the US (I laugh everytime I watch that live video of Bad Habit on Youtube :D) But they are not here... we have all the "fuck" and "shit" we want...So... let's say that I am going to keep an eye on MTV... :cool:

It's a matter of balance between Rights. You can have free speech as long as it doesn't cause an unjustified damage to another person or as long as it is an opinion.

To compare, some people talked about Amy Winehouse and Rehab. They would have put a picture of Amy Winehouse on Rehab it wouldn't have been defamation cause it's true and proved, therefore, the detriment wouldn't have been unjustified and it would have been covered by the freedom of speech.

Same thing if I had said that MJ was a terrible singer. It can't be proved or unproved. it is just an opinion => Freedom of speech.

But don't get me wrong. I don't say that this video should be edited. I like it that way. I am just answering to Oxy's question, that I think there would be a legal ground if someone decided to sue :)

damn. she get's into her lawyer mode and shuts off every single one of you.
but i was gonna say that of course it's gonna get censored in the US(americans have no freedom)
but i do know that in south america and in europe it isn't gonna get censored

Harleyquiiinn
07-14-2009, 08:24 AM
damn. she get's into her lawyer mode and shuts off every single one of you.

[NBlushing Harleyquiiinn mode] http://www.assas.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/nikos.gif [/blushing Harleyquiiinn mode]

[Bad Harleyquiiinn mode] Yes, that is exactly why I studied law, one day I am going to rule this world MUAHAHAHA http://www.assas.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/evil.gif [/Bad Harleyquiiinn Mode]

Anyway, I'm looking forward to see that vid on TV. It's great :cool:

Little_Miss_1565
07-14-2009, 09:32 AM
I don't think we're going to see this video on TV for several reasons, first and foremost that there just aren't many places to show videos on TV here anymore. Second, Noodles' shirt says fuckers. Third, you can see Dexter mouthing naughty words. These edits are not the easiest in the world, and I'm not sure they're throwing that much clout behind this single. I, of course, could be wrong. I just think the video is so awesome as it is and don't want to see anything changed!

07-14-2009, 09:36 AM
I don't think we're going to see this video on TV for several reasons, first and foremost that there just aren't many places to show videos on TV here anymore. Second, Noodles' shirt says fuckers. Third, you can see Dexter mouthing naughty words. These edits are not the easiest in the world, and I'm not sure they're throwing that much clout behind this single. I, of course, could be wrong. I just think the video is so awesome as it is and don't want to see anything changed!

YOU'RE NOT GONNA SEE IT IN AMERICA
is it an american thing, for 90% of americans to be stupid?

SelfEsteem94
07-14-2009, 10:07 AM
why would we not see it in america?
we see plenty of things that are anti-america, anti-government, and anarchist run stuff over here.
if someone makes a documentary that shows even more of america's nonsense, it is shown on tv.
so why would in be played in other countries and NOT america?
we do have the freedom of speech here,
you can pretty much show anything you want on tv as long as it follows the rating system.

Harleyquiiinn
07-14-2009, 10:08 AM
sooo, you're american, right ? :D

Sorry it was too tempting...

As LM said, there is a chance that you don't see it on TV because of all the "fuck"... it's a lot to edit for it to be on MTV...

But what you say is interesting... I think it is ironic that you are not allowed to say "Shit is fucked up" on TV but that, on the other hand, people are allowed to see pratically all they want...

I remember last year when I saw the "I'm fucking Matt Damon" video with all the beeps. At first I thought it was ridiculous and I realized that you would never see something like that, at every hour, on french television...because people are auto-censoring their thing...but on the other hand, they can speak exactly the way they want

dexter12296566
07-14-2009, 10:11 AM
it shouldnt be taken out
why who is against it

spidey255
07-14-2009, 10:12 AM

This is really rude. Although I agree we probably won't see it on TV, it still can be shown. Rap videos have worse language and imagery than this video does. It's not hard to blur things out.

And I just love when someone calls someone else stupid when they make typographical errors in their sentences (along with general syntax and phrasing). It should read, "Is it an American thing for 90% of Americans to be so stupid?" It's still kind of redundant though. Children can probably form better sentences than that.

You seem to forget that the imagery in this video is all stuff that's already on television. It's not as bad as you're making it out to be.

SelfEsteem94
07-14-2009, 10:16 AM
sooo, you're american, right ? :D

Sorry it was too tempting...

As LM said, there is a chance that you don't see it on TV because of all the "fuck"... it's a lot to edit for it to be on MTV...

But what you say is interesting... I think it is ironic that you are not allowed to say "Shit is fucked up" on TV but that, on the other hand, people are allowed to see pratically all they want...

I remember last year when I saw the "I'm fucking Matt Damon" video with all the beeps. At first I thought it was ridiculous and I realized that you would never see something like that, at every hour, on french television...because people are auto-censoring their thing...but on the other hand, they can speak exactly the way they want
true,
it does say Shit is Fucked Up quite a bit,
but what i was really asking is why it would be shown in other countries,
but leave the old U.S.A-Hole out?

07-14-2009, 10:16 AM
why would we not see it in america?
we see plenty of things that are anti-america, anti-government, and anarchist run stuff over here.
if someone makes a documentary that shows even more of america's nonsense, it is shown on tv.
so why would in be played in other countries and NOT america?
we do have the freedom of speech here,
you can pretty much show anything you want on tv as long as it follows the rating system.

im not saying you should not see it
it's because the video has so many things to censor that the offspring wont bother editing it for TV viewing. american tv censor everything

SelfEsteem94
07-14-2009, 10:18 AM
You seem to forget that the imagery in this video is all stuff that's already on television. It's not as bad as you're making it out to be.
exactly!
all the stuff in the video is on that shitty Mtv (why the hell do they still call it Mtv), which is what its somewhat making fun of, as well as a million other stupid things on tv.

Harleyquiiinn
07-14-2009, 10:19 AM
true,
it does say Shit is Fucked Up quite a bit,
but what i was really asking is why it would be shown in other countries,
but leave the old U.S.A-Hole out?

Because we don't have this editing rules...

SelfEsteem94
07-14-2009, 10:19 AM
im not saying you should not see it
it's because the video has so many things to censor that the offspring wont bother editing it for TV viewing. american tv censor everything
eh,
thats true.
american tv sucks,
especially nowadays when theyre showing nothing but shit on tv.

Little_Miss_1565
07-14-2009, 10:57 AM

Sorry, I thought it went without saying that an American talking about an American band would be coming from the point of view of talking about things in, well, America. I know that 90% of Europeans aren't snotty, so I'm going to guess it's just you.

07-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Sorry, I thought it went without saying that an American talking about an American band would be coming from the point of view of talking about things in, well, America. I know that 90% of Europeans aren't snotty, so I'm going to guess it's just you.

im not eurpoean, you're either gonna not see it on TV
or you are gonna see it(with shitloads of editing)

instead, in other countries, you will see the whole vid with no problem

Little_Miss_1565
07-14-2009, 11:04 AM
im not eurpoean, you're either gonna not see it on TV
or you are gonna see it(with shitloads of editing)

instead, in other countries, you will see the whole vid with no problem

OK, so wherever you are, I'm going to guess that your nasty attitude is not representative of the region you're from.

And again, I was talking about America.

07-14-2009, 11:14 AM
OK, so wherever you are, I'm going to guess that your nasty attitude is not representative of the region you're from.

And again, I was talking about America.

nasty attitude? Lm are you doing okay? are you sober? did you buy colombian bam bam from a dealer in NY

my previous post just spits the truth with no sugar coating. there is no nasty attitude

brothadave79
07-14-2009, 11:19 AM
This is really rude...

And I just love when someone calls someone else stupid when they make typographical errors in their sentences (along with general syntax and phrasing).

I expect nothing less from someone with a typo in his user name.

IamSam
07-14-2009, 11:27 AM
nasty attitude? Lm are you doing okay? are you sober? did you buy colombian bam bam from a dealer in NY

my previous post just spits the truth with no sugar coating. there is no nasty attitude

Really? Really now? You don't see calling 90% of American's idiots a nasty attitude?

Do you have friends? Like in real life?

Harleyquiiinn
07-14-2009, 11:31 AM
I don't think you guys should take that message so seriously and personnally you know...

LM> I think your message got misinterpreted because it was in the middle of a conversation about showing the video in other countries. I also thought that you didn't read the conversation or didn't really understand it when I read your first message.

Little_Miss_1565
07-14-2009, 11:36 AM
I don't think you guys should take that message so seriously and personnally you know...

LM> I think your message got misinterpreted because it was in the middle of a conversation about showing the video in other countries. I also thought that you didn't read the conversation or didn't really understand it when I read your first message.

I'm a little in and out as I'm in the middle of a few things right now so sorry for not being clear, but I still don't think that it's cool to call 90% of Americans stupid because I didn't think to clarify a point, then pretending that it's the truth and not evidence of a shitty attitude Picking lame fights is lame.

Anyway. Everyone keeps saying the same things over and over.

jacknife737
07-14-2009, 02:49 PM
America > everywhere else

IamSam
07-14-2009, 02:53 PM
America > everywhere else

And this from a Canadian! WIN! :p

Harleyquiiinn
07-14-2009, 02:55 PM
And this from a Canadian! WIN! :p

I guess that obviously he was talking about the continent :D Or we found the less patriotic guy on that board :cool:

The_BlackSwordsman
07-14-2009, 05:23 PM
I guess that obviously he was talking about the continent :D Or we found the less patriotic guy on that board :cool:

Or, you know, he was being sarcastic.

Well, after seeing all this debate I'd just like to say that I hope it doesn't get censored. I don't think is very offensive or anything, and MJ IS a good example of fame and money gone wrong and not being fulfilling.

I'd watch MTV hoping to see the video if that channel wasn't so lame. :(

Oxygene
07-15-2009, 03:21 AM
I know that 90% of Europeans aren't snotty

im not eurpoean

The assumption right away that the guy was European is kind of like what he said about Americans no? :D