PDA

View Full Version : Random Goods

Ryder1234
07-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Random Goods on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Random-Goods/131482090189?ref=ts)
Random Goods on Myspace (http://www.myspace.com/randomgoodsvictoria)

Check the Facebook first, because I kinda never update myspace anymore... but everything goes to my Facebook!

I'm not being very productive anymore, but sooner or later I'll start making new stuff. My recording setup has to be almost completely replaced first.

Downloads:
Artificial Joy EP (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DILMVYND)

randman21
07-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Nice. Untitled was the only one I hadn't heard before. So how did you fix the acoustic guitar problem?

Ryder1234
07-13-2009, 04:29 PM
I just cut the low frequencies.

I had been doing that before, but I was setting it to 200, which made it sound low quality, so just put 100 so there was still some bass left.

_Lost_
07-13-2009, 08:21 PM
lulz. isn't random goods what we were calling the offspring cover stuff early on? I know I still have a project on savefile called random goods. :)

I'll download these when I get a chance at home.

Ryder1234
07-13-2009, 09:42 PM
haha, yeah. but i suggested we use it because it was my old band's name, and you were asking what we should call ourselves, haha

Ryder1234
07-17-2009, 09:39 PM
It seems I won't have a song done for the mixtape :(. Was hoping to have the untitled demo done but couldn't figure out what to do on drums... couldn't find a beat that went with the song.

Ryder1234
07-28-2009, 04:26 PM
I've put up a new demo, although I haven't even got the demo finished so it just fades out after about 2mins. It's quite awesome, however. It hasn't appeared on the player yet for me, so it might not be there. It's called "bluesy demo" if it shows up.

EDIT: It's shown up now. check it out.

SMASHedTHEignition
07-29-2009, 02:43 AM
pretty mad :D

Ryder1234
07-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Good news! I'm probably going to have the instrumental part of my new song done today, or at least the bulk of it. I'm mixing right now, but I've got some more ideas of things I want to add. The demos on the myspace if you wanna check it out, it's called "bluesy demo", but that version isn't complete, it's only about 2 minutes I think, and then fades out, but the full song will be just over 5 minutes.

No lyrics as of now, been focusing on the instruments so far.

Ryder1234
07-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Blues is done! As mentioned it's only instrumental right now, but that's finalized.
It's ends abruptly but that's because once there's vocals it's going to fade out so it wont be noticeable.

SMASHedTHEignition
07-31-2009, 08:39 PM
that demo on there is sweet as man

Ryder1234
07-31-2009, 08:49 PM
Thanks man :) you taking about "untitled" or "blues", cause blues isnt a demo though it just has no lyrics yet but still thanks :)

SMASHedTHEignition
07-31-2009, 08:53 PM
Thanks man :) you taking about "untitled" or "blues", cause blues isnt a demo though it just has no lyrics yet but still thanks :)

the untitled one, its bitchin'.

what program do you use, cos my band uses GarageBand and th songs come out sounding live and were about to start recording an EP, but we want half-decent quality on th songs..thanks

Ryder1234
07-31-2009, 09:26 PM
I use NCH Recordpad for recording, and NCH wavepad for editing.
It may also be your setup. I have a mic that runs into a preamp, then right into the mic jack on my pc. My mic is pretty nice and so is the preamp, so if that's the setup you're using too, it might be that your equipment is low quality.

Ryder1234
09-15-2009, 06:13 PM
New demo up! This one is a bit more rockin' than I've done yet. This track is bitchen.

randman21
09-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Heh, yeah that was pretty awesome Kev! The beginning reminds me of the kinda "breakdown" in "No One Knows" by Queens of the Ston Age, but then it goes someone different which is great. I hope you're able to do something with that soon. It's got major potential.

T-6005
09-15-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm glad to see such great progression from you, man!

Your timing is spot-on and the rockin' feel is quite good.

I think my favorite track of the ones up there is the bluesy one, though.

Ryder1234
09-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Hey thanks for the comments guys! I have high hopes for this one, with some ideas, but until I get/rent a bass it wont be done :( I'm not going to be able to rent one until next month but I might be able to borrow one.

I didn't think it would even become a song, I was just at my friend's house when I started playing the intro riff, and they said it was awesome and I should make it a song. Then they said it sounded like Pirates Of The Caribbean :D

But these comments mean a lot, especially when this thread hasn't been seeing much activity.

And thanks for the comment on the blues track Thi, I was playing that to my friends at school, and all except one said it terrible. But I guess it's cause they're all hardcore tru punx that can't listen to anything else, and the one who said it was good is a guitar player so yeah.

Ryder1234
10-04-2009, 09:17 PM
new moosik soon hopefully guys stay tuned

Ryder1234
10-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Possible blues lyrics? About my various experiences at my friends house by the beach (bunched into what sounds like one night in the song however)

VERSE 1
I close the front door
And breath in salty air
The moon shines so bright
I climb down the stairs

CHORUS
We spend our summer days under these burning sunlit rays
And wonder what the next one will bring
What journeys will we have?
What sights will we see?
We're on this makeshift raft, and we're drifting to sea

VERSE 2
The nights full of tension
But I don't need to mention
The details, 'cause I know that you
Won't pay attention

We walk the streets
The cold bites at me
But we keep our heads up
Knowing we might have to flee

CHORUS

BRIDGE
On the beach, we hit the bottle
Our minds can now hit full throttle
Warmth washes over me, I can hardly see
But are you there to catch me?

I'm feeling cold now, but where are you?
I'm one with my friends, but disconnected too
Summer has a certain grip on us
No matter how hard we try, winter isn't as fun

CHORUS

mmm?

Ryder1234
10-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Would anyone be interested in a .rar of all my demos? Including ones for finished songs (Save the Day, Blues etc.)

Also, some opinions on those blues lyrics please?

Ryder1234
10-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Holy moly, I made the blues song longer to accommodate the lyrics I wrote for it, and it's 6:03 long now (was 5:12, with like 11 seconds of silence so 5:01)

I'm set to record the lyrics tonight (hopefully tonight)

Ryder1234
10-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Random Goods Myspace (http://www.myspace.com/randomgoodsvictoria) - Check it out, progress has been made.

So, Since my updates lately have been kinda spaced out, here's my summary of what I've done in the past 2 weeks or so.

Making Progress

I made another song... well not much of a song, it's probably more of an intermission song, like to transition into the second half of an album kinda song. Named it "Making Progress", as a jab at my lack of output, and because it's progressive and somewhat repetitive, the same drums all the way through, etc. Here's a Rapidshare link, and my myspace is at the start of the post

http://rapidshare.com/files/29666050...gress.mp3.html

Driftin'

The blues song is basically done. Just have to record the lyrics, which are:

VERSE 1
I close the front door
And breath in salty air
The moon shines so bright
I climb down the stairs

CHORUS
We spend our summer days under these burning sunlit rays
And wonder what the next one will bring
What journeys will we have?
What sights will we see?
We're on this makeshift raft, and we're drifting to sea

VERSE 2
The nights full of tension
But I don't need to mention
The details, 'cause I know that you
Won't pay attention

We walk the streets
The cold bites at me
But we keep our heads up
Knowing that we might have to flee

CHORUS

BRIDGE
On the beach, we hit the bottle
Our minds can now hit full throttle
Warmth washes over me, I can hardly see
But are you there to catch me?

I'm feeling cold now, but where are you?
I'm one with my friends, but disconnected too
Summer has a certain grip on us
No matter how hard we try, winter just ain't as fun

CHORUS

I named it " Driftin' ". I had recorded vocals previously, which were awesome, but too quiet to use, so I was mad while re-doing them, and what I ended up with was shit. So I'm recording again soon. The full song will be 6:03

And now an offer. I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in a .rar of my demos, ideas, etc. That kinda stuff. Let me know.

And of course, some critique on what I've done lately.

Stay tuned, I'm getting on a roll.

Ryder1234
10-31-2009, 05:29 PM
Back to work on untitled 2. Figured out how to make more powerful, beefed up drums in acoustica beatcraft, so it's gonna be a powerhouse.

Static_Martyr
10-31-2009, 06:51 PM
Hey, I seem to be having trouble with your links (I think some are broken....your most recent one is abbreviated with the "dot-dot-dot" thing, so it can't find the file on rapidshare).

In other news, I have nothing to do for a couple of days so I would indeed be interested in a .rar of all your demos if that option is still on the table :D It occurred to me just now that somehow, I don't think I've ever actually heard anything you've done...

Ryder1234
10-31-2009, 07:21 PM
hmm, i dont know why that would be, it's working for me.

we'll heres the link incase i just messed up posting it the first time:
http://www.myspace.com/randomgoodsvictoria

and i'll do up the rar tomorrow, and i'll include my finished songs just incase you cant get them to work :)

Static_Martyr
10-31-2009, 07:35 PM
The Myspace works fine, it was this one:

http://rapidshare.com/files/29666050...gress.mp3.html

Ryder1234
10-31-2009, 07:55 PM
ahhh. well, it's on the myspace so at least you can hear it :)

Static_Martyr
11-01-2009, 03:43 AM
Gave it a listen last night while doing other stuff....definitely takes me back to when I was learning blues guitar. Cool stuff~ You've definitely got some fodder for an album, there; I'd be interested to see what some of them sound like with lyrics over them once/if you get to that point :)

Ryder1234
11-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Thanks man :)
Lyrics will be there at some point - maybe you saw them but the lyrics for Save the Day and Driftin' are up there a few posts. I did the lyrics to Save the Day on mixtape 2, but I'm gonna re do them. Tried doing the blues ones a few weeks ago, had a perfect track that was too quiet, and couldnt get one that was good after that.

I'll upload the .rar later - got 2 hockey games today so i cant really do much on here now :P

Static_Martyr
11-01-2009, 01:44 PM
No hurries, no hurries~ And yeah, I saw some lyrics before. Made me curious 0.0 Everyone else, I've heard at least once.

Ryder1234
11-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Sorry Tim, rar isnt happening today

Ryder1234
11-30-2009, 09:01 PM
fuck, i forgot about that! i'll do it (if i remember) in the next few days.

Ryder1234
12-08-2009, 11:10 PM
:mad:

I really have to get the .rar done for you. Tomorrow is my deadline granted I remember it. Post in here tomorrow or something so I remember.

Well anyways, working on a chorus for untitled 2, tempo changes from the main part so it's difficult to figure out what to do with it. I may scrap it and restart where I was. I'll give it a chance though, it's pretty heavy.

Ryder1234
12-28-2009, 12:52 AM
So as promised to Tim, and for anyone else who wants it, here's a .zip of my completed songs (note that the vox on driftin is not the final version), my demos. and just some ideas i have floating around. i removed one demo as it may go towards the mixtape

http://rapidshare.com/files/326922073/random_goods.zip.html

Ryder1234
01-03-2010, 10:06 PM
KHWHD for Ignition:http://rapidshare.com/files/330047971/Kick_Him_When_He_s_Down__instrumental_.mp3.html

It's Instrumental right now.

mspunk13
01-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Kick him when he's down sounds good to me!
My only suggestion would be to add some cymbal accents :) (especially when talking about the verse and the fast 16th notes on the hi-hat). I mean loud on 1, and, 2, and, 3, and, 4, and - and quieter in between... if you know what I mean lol I always do that when I play / create drum tracks and I think all punk drummers do that too. I know Pete Parada does A LOT.
btw what drum program do you use (which drum synth)?

Ryder1234
01-05-2010, 12:51 AM
Haha, I actually thought about doing that, but decided to make how it is because I wanted a more "epic" sound :P

As for drums, I use Acoustica Beatcraft (which isn't free... but that's not a problem is it :P)

mspunk13
01-05-2010, 01:31 AM
LOL! @
(which isn't free... but that's not a problem is it :P)

If 'not being free' isn't a problem, I strongly recommend EZDrummer, or Superior Drummer, which is even better, but takes up much more space (I personally use Superior Drummer). I pair it with the built-in Reaper MIDI sequencer. Superior Drummer drums sound AWESOME. You can't tell the difference between Superior Drummer drums and real drums. I'm serious. Check them out (you can watch demos on YouTube).

Ryder1234
01-06-2010, 11:21 PM
Unfortunately, that wasn't possible to get free for me, haha.

Here's a fun new demo, did this up 2 days ago and forgot to post it. I'm really liking it. If it goes anywhere, it'll be my mixtape song, but you don't hear to much here so nothing really being spoiled.

http://rapidshare.com/files/331568157/untitled_demo__4.mp3.html

:)

Ryder1234
01-09-2010, 02:55 PM
I just (finally, a year and a half later) made the finalized version of Save The Day

It's got bass in the verses and the guitar solo, but I left it out of the chorus, it sounds better. I also redid the vocals, and they're just perfect. Usually I hate my voice, but they're great here!
:D:D:D:D

Rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.com/files/332895596/Save_The_Day.mp3.html

It's also on the myspace, so you can check it out there without downloading (link in first post)

EDIT: Now Driftin' with vox !

http://rapidshare.com/files/332917141/Driftin_.mp3.html

and myspace.

Llamas
01-09-2010, 09:49 PM
I gotta say, you've come a long way. I've had it stuck in my head since I listened earlier :) You're much more confident with your singing, and as I said on facebook, the bass part adds a lot of depth.

Ryder1234
01-10-2010, 06:09 PM

I wanna add some kind of bass in the chorus, but it's weird cause the guitar is so simple but I just can't think of anything that isnt just roots.

Ryder1234
01-14-2010, 10:05 PM
Just made a cover of Tell me Baby by RHCP, holy fuck it beasts. I nailed the slap/pop bass somehow, solo is great even though it's pretty close to the original, varied some. But oh my god, I can't believe I pulled it off haha. Even the vox is good. The mixing wasn't the greatest, so many tracks and I haven't mixed clean guitars or slap bass in my program yet so it might not be perfect.

http://rapidshare.com/files/335546777/Tell_Me_Baby__RHCP_cover_.mp3.html

Ryder1234
01-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Just gonna say, that I have the greatest sounding demo in the works now, will be my mixtape song if it's done by then

Also, LISTEN TO SAVE THE DAY, AND THE TELL ME BABY COVER! lolplease, nobody is really paying attention to them even though I feel there my best efforts yet (note - this is a finished Save The Day I'm talking about. Not the mixtape one, it's got bass and good vocals now. also Tell me baby is just beast)

ad8
01-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Tell Me Baby is a really solid cover. Especially the guitar and bass parts stand out. I admire your accuracy!

Ryder1234
01-24-2010, 06:07 PM
thanks alot man :)

mspunk13
01-26-2010, 12:36 PM
nobody is really paying attention to them
[...]
Tell me baby is just beast)

I am.

Tell me baby kicks ass. Especially guitar and bass. Pretty sick man. In a good way.

Ryder1234
01-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Thank you. :)

A note to everyone, the demo I'm working on is great, definitely the best stuff I've ever made.

dff_punk
01-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Just poppin' in to say I really like your Driftin' song. Maybe a bit long, but I believe that was intentional.

Ryder1234
01-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Haha, it was about a minute shorter until I wrote the vocals. I had to make it longer then :P

Ryder1234
02-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Band photo!

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb166/Rabble4life/band.png

ad8
02-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Band photo!

Where's the drummer?:D

Ryder1234
02-02-2010, 03:36 PM
He's behind the camera. :p He felt his appearance didn't fit with the rest of us.

dff_punk
02-02-2010, 05:34 PM
I bet he looks too much like you to be in the photo, people would be confused.

Ryder1234
02-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Haha, well he had to process all the pictures, he had not time to be in the photo.

But processing only takes .652464572424572475674542367853745745 for him... that lying bastard! :p

Ryder1234
02-27-2010, 08:07 PM
So with the release of the mixtape, I finally was able to put up Standing Calm! So nobody really needs to know this haha, but I'm still going to update.

Ryder1234
02-28-2010, 05:54 PM
And, I've made a new song! In about 15 minutes.

It's called "Anger Management (Happy As Can Be)"

It's funny that the title would be that long, because it's only 48 seconds long. I actually improvised all the guitar and bass as I was recording. And then wrote the lyrics in about 2 minutes :D

Again, I don't know why and I'm having trouble mixing vocals lately, the vox are almost inaudible, so here's the lyrics:

"Anger Management (Happy As Can Be)"
Random Goods

Up for debate, what's got us down
Corruption all around
Delusion in the struggle
To get to higher ground
We can only hope, reach for the rope
That gets us where we want to
But soon you find, your out of time
And what's in store for you?

It looms, over you
Even through
The good times, the bad times
The scream-and-let-it-out times
It's anger management
And I'm happy as can be

Haha, lots of lyrics for such a small song.

Ryder1234
03-01-2010, 10:23 PM
I might be getting some real drums in my songs! My friend said he could put down some tracks for me and I said sure so we've just got to get that all figured out how we're gonna do it.

Ryder1234
03-06-2010, 11:26 PM
A hint of things to come - I have a demo of a cover I'm doing up on my Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Random-Goods/131482090189#!/pages/Random-Goods/131482090189

The song is Wolves At Night by Manchester Orchestra. And although I agree with everyone now that my voice has gotten a lot better, it's still no match for a Manchester Orchestra song :p I think I pulled it off decently enough, and improvised a bit on the really high bits at the end of the chorus, I just screamed instead of trying to keep my voice "clean" (only way I can reach high notes :D) I have compression on the tracks - and even though the screams weren't loud in the recording (backed way up from the mic), they seem to have been compressed pretty quietly. I'll fix that in the finished product.

If you're thinking "he made a demo for a cover?" yeah, I did. And I normally wouldn't. But as some of you may know, I've been having troubles with recording/mixing lately, all my tracks had been drowning each other out etc. I don't know what the problem was, so I demoed it before committing to recording everything and finding out it's messed up. It's all better now, and I have the makings of a good cover. It still may sound a little a bit like a wall of noise, but I didn't exactly use the proper distortion settings and whatnot, the settings I did use have a tendency to be a bit one dimensional so brace yourself.

Gotta learn some keyboard for this one :p

The Offspring Jump
03-07-2010, 07:16 AM
i may have missed this out but whats ur band name and howd u come up with it?

Ryder1234
03-07-2010, 07:23 PM
My band name is Random Goods, and it's kinda weird how I came up with it.

My sister had a TV that said "Random Access" on it.
My friend who used to be in a band with me wanted to call us Damaged Goods

I made a poll on this board about what the better name was, and someone posted "Random Goods" (Random Access + Damaged Goods obviously), and it stuck.

Ryder1234
03-17-2010, 02:25 PM
There's a bunch of new demos up! I had previously updated this with "untitled demo #8", but now there's 2 other demos up, so I thought I'd just add the info from my last post here (about untitled 8). As I said, I originally wrote untitled 8 three years on a tape recorder, and just remembered it so I decided to finish it. I'm going to completely redo the lyrics, and you can hear some of the new lyrics here already. Although they are kind of inaudible, so here's what I've got so far:

While tears stain your face
We've gotta keep a steady pace
But I'm with you

As we run amok
Renegades, out of luck
With no clue

As I'm staring at this sun
Don't just sit there, looking bare
A feeling of despair

Maybe you are unaware
But through the wear and tear
I need you, we're not there

The only part that I kept: "As I'm staring at the sun, don't just sit there looking bare...", I thought I could work with that and it made the most sense as anything I had from before.

I definitely didn't warm up for the vox, haha, so it sounds really strained. But I think it's got huge potential. It's sort of similar to Standing Calm in that the verses are calm, and then the chorus is really energetic. But since this is actually really old, Standing Calm should be the rip of of this, haha. Since I didn't remember this at the time, you can't really call either a rip of of the other. Give it a listen, untitled demo #8.

And the new uploads, untitled demos #7 and #9.

One's an attempt at punk, one's sort of jazzy I guess. Not much to write about them yet as they're pretty new.

Ryder1234
03-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Wanna hear how Standing Calm sounded before it was fully finished? Here's the demo: http://rapidshare.com/files/365135929/untitled6.mp3.html It's not the full demo, because my singing was horrible in the verses. All that it is, is the first chorus, because I think thats the best I've ever sung and couldn't pull it off as good on the finished one. Then it fades out, and fades into the bridge before the 3rd chrous in the finished one, because that's the only part of the demo that's any differnt from the finished one. I actually never recorded (or wrote) the 3rd verse until the end, until I went to record the finished product, I wrote all that pretty much on the spot. Enjoy

Ryder1234
03-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Another demo is up, on the Facebook only this time. It's progressing faster than usual, and it seems like I could be able to finish it much sooner than anything else I've done.

Lyrics

Im feeling out of place
Like it's my picture
In someone else's album

Like doing a jigsaw
And I'm the puzzle piece
That you can't seem to solve

Yeah! Now is it just me?
Or have you ever felt
Your only friend is yourself?

And I don't heard a sound
When I'm lost in thought
'Cause it's familiar ground

Up and down
I'm turned around
I'm inside out
Without a doubt

Playing on green grass
Having a blast
It's become the past
Now we intoxicate
Our minds to aid us to
That euphoric state

*next part isn't recorded yet

I can't think for myself anymore
I'm controlled from behind closed doors
Hey! Maybe we could try some change?
Well scratch that, I'm suspended without pay

I'm feeling like I'm owned
They put me on ebay
And tried to sell me away

Now I can't find my home
Identity misplaced
I'm just a blank face

Some say they know a way
But there's no answer to
The problems that we face

Well I just tune it out
Put my brain on hold
Standby until I'm sold

So much lyrics haha, and only half done the song, this is to the start of the second chorus (the recording is only to the end of the first chorus the rest isn't recorded yet). it's, IMO, my best yet, I love it.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Random-Goods/131482090189?ref=ts

(untitled demo #13)

Ryder1234
04-01-2010, 04:17 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Random-Goods/131482090189?ref=ts

My new song - Castaways - is up! This one happened fast, 3 1/2 days to finish it from start to finish! I really like this one hopefully everyone else will too :)

I won't give much of a description, I'll just let you listen and comment please.

Lyrics:

I'm feeling out of place
Like it's my picture
In someone else's album

Like doing a jigsaw
And I'm the puzzle piece
That you can't seem to solve

Yeah! Now is it just me?
Or have you ever felt
Your only friend is yourself?

And I don't heard a sound
When I'm lost in thought
'Cause it's familiar ground

Up and down
I'm turned around
I'm inside out
Without a doubt

Playing on green grass
Having a blast
It's become the past
Now we intoxicate
Our minds to aid us to
That euphoric state

I can't think for myself anymore
I'm controlled from behind closed doors
Hey! Maybe we could try some change?
'Cause I'm suspended without pay

I'm feeling like I'm owned
They put me on display
And tried to sell me away

Now I can't find my home
Identity misplaced
I'm just a blank face

Some say they know a way
But there's no answer to
The problems that we face

Well I just tune it out
Put my brain on hold
Standby until I'm sold

Excuse Me sir
But I must shout
Without a doubt
Your secret's out

Playing on green grass
Having a blast
It's become the past
Now secrecy
Has become the social norm
Nothings taking form

"Well nothings out of bounds anymore"
This attitude, it ends in wars
Hey! Well mister business man
Why don't you lend a hand? Help save your fellow man

We're castaways
What can I say?
But don't give up hope
You'll have a use one day
Now let the note hang
To the song I sang
And spread your wings
This is your healing

Playing on green grass
Having a blast
It's become the past
Time to repaint this town
In a creative display
So come and have your say

The small things aren't small anymore
Their lies are shaking me to the core
Hey! Well can't we catch a break?
For our own sake, don't leave it too late

I wrote so much for this song, hahaha

Jules69
04-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Since you are super talented, why are you not famous yet?? You rock Kev!!:cool:

Ryder1234
04-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Haha, well it is hard to get noticed, but I guess it could have something to do with the fact that I don't have an actual band :p.

I can make the songs but there's that slight problem of how do I play a concert when there's only one me? :p

Ryder1234
04-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Hey guys! Back with another update, I have uploaded a new demo, and of course, the new song I put up yesterday called Castaways. Just adding Castaways into this post because no one seems to be checking it out, but the real news is the new demo. It's untitled 13 (continuing the saga of unfinished demos), and I'm loving what I've got here, it's got potential, but I've exhausted my ability to write lyrics as I wrote so much for Castaways, and usually I base the vibe of a song around the lyrics, so no further progress until I find a topic to write about.

The intro sounds kinda like a RHCP song I think, and I don't know what it sounds like in the verse. But it would top everything else I've done if it gets finished, in my mind.

Also, please take a second to check out Castaways, no one has really noticed it, but I think it's at least tied with Standing Calm for my best yet, because it's solid and just the right length. Standing Calm could be miles ahead had it been shorter though, but Castaways, is still a definite favorite.

ad8
04-04-2010, 02:15 AM
Hey guys! Back with another update, I have uploaded a new demo, and of course, the new song I put up yesterday called Castaways. Just adding Castaways into this post because no one seems to be checking it out, but the real news is the new demo. It's untitled 13 (continuing the saga of unfinished demos), and I'm loving what I've got here, it's got potential, but I've exhausted my ability to write lyrics as I wrote so much for Castaways, and usually I base the vibe of a song around the lyrics, so no further progress until I find a topic to write about.

The intro sounds kinda like a RHCP song I think, and I don't know what it sounds like in the verse. But it would top everything else I've done if it gets finished, in my mind.

Also, please take a second to check out Castaways, no one has really noticed it, but I think it's at least tied with Standing Calm for my best yet, because it's solid and just the right length. Standing Calm could be miles ahead had it been shorter though, but Castaways, is still a definite favorite.

Wow, untitled #13 sounds really cool. I'd like to hear that one in a finished version.

Llamas
04-04-2010, 04:39 AM
Haha, well it is hard to get noticed, but I guess it could have something to do with the fact that I don't have an actual band :p.

I can make the songs but there's that slight problem of how do I play a concert when there's only one me? :p

I used to go to this open mic night once a month, where a lot of generally talented local musicians would come play. One night, this dude got up there with an electric guitar and a laptop. He proceeded to put on a drumloop (really horribly programmed), and started playing heavy rock songs on his guitar with extreme distortion, and he sang. Now, this guy might've been a really great song-writer, but I couldn't tell. I was far too distracted by how god-awful the setup sounded. Electric rock music just does NOT work solo :P

Ryder1234
04-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Wow, untitled #13 sounds really cool. I'd like to hear that one in a finished version.

Thanks Adrian, I've got a bit farther now, and it's sounding pretty good. I just need to write more lyrics.

I used to go to this open mic night once a month, where a lot of generally talented local musicians would come play. One night, this dude got up there with an electric guitar and a laptop. He proceeded to put on a drumloop (really horribly programmed), and started playing heavy rock songs on his guitar with extreme distortion, and he sang. Now, this guy might've been a really great song-writer, but I couldn't tell. I was far too distracted by how god-awful the setup sounded. Electric rock music just does NOT work solo :P

Hahaha, that sounds terrible :p I think a different high school than the one I go to does an open mic night thing, but I don't know about how frequent it is.

I do kinda have a band, but we're still looking for a bassist... no one seems to play bass here. We jammed once though and it was fun, we made some good sounds for sure.

Ryder1234
04-04-2010, 10:51 PM
First off, exciting news!

I have an opportunity to play a show - although only one or 2 songs - sometime in May! It wouldn't be any of my songs, because the show would be me playing a guitar an my friend who raps rapping.

I haven't got word from him if it would be me improvising to one of his songs, me improvising and him freestyling to a beat, or if we would actually write a song especially for it, but I think I'm going to take up the opportunity.

Check him out here, hes called Transit.

Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/#!/transitismybestfriend?ref=ts)
Myspace (http://www.myspace.com/transithiphop)

Ryder1234
04-14-2010, 10:51 PM
Just realized that I've been making new stuff and not updating :p. Well, nothing's getting done, but lots is getting started. Right now, the new stuff is:

A bunch of demos on Facebook. The best one is "Slinky Funkapop", and I did actually name a demo for once. Other demos include untitled # 15, 14, and 5 (2nd version). There's a joke remix in there too, and a song I'm amking with a friend but am kinda ashamed of having the name on my page. That's only on the news feed as I deleted it off the player.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Random-Goods/131482090189?ref=ts

On myspace, I have a remix of Save The Day kinda, my friend beatboxed while I played guitar.

ad8
04-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Wow, you're easily being the most productive member of the your band section at the moment. You're good at writing funk songs, so keep doing that! After I heard your KHWHD cover I wished you would do more of those, though;)

Ryder1234
04-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Haha, thanks man :) Don't worry, I have I think a few Offspring covers I started at one point and may finish, and 4 or 5 punkish demos that aren't done. It's funny that writing a punk song for me is hardest of all genres, since technically it's the easiest to play :p

Ryder1234
04-16-2010, 03:08 PM
I jammed with my friend at lunch today, just guitars and some bass, and we recorded it as we played. I just went through it and grabbed the best parts, and there's 4 things I think would make a good song. They're on my Facebook. (http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Random-Goods/131482090189)

Also, he asked me if I wanted to play bass in his band, cause their bass player sucks. So I said yes even though I'd much rather be a guitarist, I told him that I'd still be in my other band as the guitarist and if I ever had to choose between bands, I'd stay with guitar.

ad8
04-17-2010, 12:20 AM
Hehe, reminds me of the time when I used to get together with two friends and record jamsongs because all three of us were guitarists... good times:D

As for the band: I can only advise you to do it. I used to have the same problem (I wanted to play guitar but was offered the job of a bassist in a band) and back then I decided to do it. I don't regret that today because I have gained lots of experience by rehearsing and playing concerts with that band. I mean, you can still search people for Random Goods and once you have found them start playing concerts with that band, too. But until then it seems best to just gain as much experience as possible.

Ryder1234
04-17-2010, 12:32 AM
Yeah, for sure :) It wouldn't hurt to be their bassist either; I know I need some improving on my technique and it'll only help me when it comes to my solo stuff. I don't think I should be able to slap/pop better than finger pluck lol.

I know I'll stick with the bassist position even if they ever got a record deal or something as unlikely as that is, if my guitarist band didn't have one. But any opportunity to be guitarist as a career I'm going jump on that for sure.

Ryder1234
04-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Making a cover of You by Bad Religion, instrumental bit is done, but I just can't get the vocals to show up, even with compression. Idk what I'll do.

ad8
04-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Making a cover of You by Bad Religion, instrumental bit is done, but I just can't get the vocals to show up, even with compression. Idk what I'll do.

Oh sweet! That's actually one of my favorite BR songs. I'm curious to hear the result.

Ryder1234
04-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Oh sweet! That's actually one of my favorite BR songs. I'm curious to hear the result.

Well, now Carson is going to sing it, so it's going to be amazing!

Homer
04-25-2010, 12:44 AM
Well, now Carson is going to sing it, so it's going to be amazing!

I HIGHLY DOUBT IT WILL BE AMAZING, BUT DAMMIT, I'LL TRY.
ceps

Ryder1234
04-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Well, I've decided to turn Anger Management into a full length song, and I've got some of it done now, so give it a listen! http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Random-Goods/131482090189?ref=ts First song on the player.

Lyrics so far:

Up for debate, what's got us down?
Corruption all around
Delusion in the struggle
To get to higher ground
We can only hope, reach for the rope
That gets us where we want to
But soon you find you're out of time
And what's in store for you?

In your own mind, it's your design
One that you think is true
But your imaginary world
Came crashing down on you
With your motivation left behind
What's your state of mind?
Well kick the can, and pay the man
Hang your head to continue

Ryder1234
05-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Hey guys, I just was talking to my friend who drums and we decided to start a punk band. YEAH. I can't write punk solo, but I imagine it'll be easier to in a group and I've always wanted to write some punk songs. Hooray! I'm singer and guitarist, so it works out perfect as that's what I've always wanted to be lol. I'm also kinda stoked, as the drummer just went to a drum competition here, and he was in a contest to see how many single strokes or something, that he could do in a minute. He's now ranked 83rd in the world :D

ad8
05-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Hey guys, I just was talking to my friend who drums and we decided to start a punk band. YEAH. I can't write punk solo, but I imagine it'll be easier to in a group and I've always wanted to write some punk songs. Hooray! I'm singer and guitarist, so it works out perfect as that's what I've always wanted to be lol. I'm also kinda stoked, as the drummer just went to a drum competition here, and he was in a contest to see how many single strokes or something, that he could do in a minute. He's now ranked 83rd in the world :D

Wow, that's great! I wished there were drummers like that where I live:(

ps: did you take notice of the Artist of the Month thread? It kind of strikes me that I'm the only one who posted in there so far;)

Ryder1234
05-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Yeah I did haha, I was kinda waiting to see what other people had to say... but no ones responding I guess! I don't have much else to add to what there is there now except more thank you's lol

Ryder1234
05-09-2010, 07:43 PM
There's an acoustic version of Castaways up on the Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Random-Goods/131482090189?ref=ts) :)

Ryder1234
05-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Re mixing Standing Calm, making the ride cymbal way quieter and might re do the vocals.

Ryder1234
05-24-2010, 09:07 PM
New demo up on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/musicplayer/index.php?owner_id=131482090189&success#!/pages/Random-Goods/131482090189), untitled 17. re upload of an older on you might have heard it, but there's a bunch more added now

Ryder1234
05-28-2010, 11:32 PM
I'm kinda toying with the idea of making a more punkish version of Save The Day. What's your opinions on that, although I'm probably going to do it either way.

Also, on the Facebook, I put up new versions of Standing Calm and Castaways. Standing Calm is still the original length. All I changed, was I put some compression on SC's vocals, turned down the ride cymbal, and added a new guitar in that little instrumental section after the second chorus. Just a distorted guitar playing a broken up version of what the clean is playing, sounds really good imo.

On Castaways, I didn't like the "Hey!"'s I did in the second and third choruses, so I took the one from the first and used that for every one. I also didn't like the first few lines in the third chorus, they were weak because I recorded them at like 12PM, so I took the first few lines from the second chorus and used them again in the third. Just little things that only I'd have a problem with :p

Ryder1234
05-29-2010, 02:03 AM
Okay, so I decided to follow through on making a punk version of Save The Day. I would almost want to put it on an album ahead of the original version. But I think I'd just make it a hidden track. It's actually, quite awesome. No vocals yet, but check it out:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Random-Goods/131482090189

Ryder1234
05-29-2010, 07:13 PM
So the punk version of Save The Day has been done since lunch today. But there's a problem that I can't upload it anywhere, not even to file sharing sites. It just won't work. So, expect it soon because it's pretty awesome, but not until the internet stops hating me.

Ryder1234
06-05-2010, 09:35 AM
I put the finished version of my Save The Day 2.0 (aka punk version). It's pretty good give it a listen.

ad8
06-06-2010, 02:18 AM
I just listened to the punk version of Save The Day. Definitely better than the first version... but it was sped up, too, wasn't it? Props to you for singing those fast parts!

Ryder1234
06-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Yeah I did speed it up, it woulda sounded funny at the original speed haha

I contemplated just singing the chorus slow and only one time, instead of going through it twice like normal, but in the end I did the fast one.

Ryder1234
06-12-2010, 07:18 PM
New song with a download link only, http://rapidshare.com/files/398393819/Whitewash.mp3.html because for some reason I keep getting the undefined message when I upload to Facebook, along with everyone else apparently, and I'm too lazy for myspace.

I made it about a month ago, it's just a riff on acoustic with soloing over top of it, but my friend thought it was good enough to be a song, so here it is.

ad8
06-13-2010, 01:34 AM
Good stuff. Reminds me of the time when we used to just hang out at my house and record instrumental jamsongs all day long.

Ryder1234
06-13-2010, 01:55 AM
Thanks man, I hope I can find some people to make a band soond and do that with. That'd be swell.

Ryder1234
07-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Carson=savior. Lookie what he did! http://servercrashers.com/music/You.mp3
That's right, the You cover is done! Thanks CARRRRSSSUUUUNN.

ad8
07-02-2010, 01:14 AM
Carson=savior. Lookie what he did! http://servercrashers.com/music/You.mp3
That's right, the You cover is done! Thanks CARRRRSSSUUUUNN.

PS It was really hard to type tis lolol i tok me like 15 minutes
I can only say what I said in the Against Belief thread here. Very good job, flawless instrumental cover on your part.

Ryder1234
07-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Random Goods is finally back! The last few months I just couldn't write music, I wasn't coming up with anything, not even more of my unfinished demos. But in the last 2 days I caught the bug again, and as a result, I've got 2 new songs! I had about half of Dope Fiend written written back before I lost my ability to create anything, so I had something to work off of. The other one is called Mr. High And Mighty, which I just started last night.

Lyrics:

Dope Fiend

The cloud that you floated in on
Has begun to dissipate
And all the world, averts their eyes
How long can you hold your weight?

The hope that you've fallen back on
Cause you say it's a passing phase
Well it's not enough, up against it tough
But is it in you to amaze?

ooohoooooo, oooohooooowoooo ~

The corner that you're painted into
Is closing in around you
Face to the wall, you mock them all
But you can't look the other way

From the safety of your mind
Plan your escape, it's your own design
Throw your life away
For hopes of a better day

ooohoooooo, oooohooooowoooo

Well what's in store? open your door
Let yourself be heard
And never again feel low my friend
As it won't take long, your wounds will mend

The media in the mainstream
Is hustling like a dope fiend
To break the news, out of the blue
That their out of their minds

Mr. High And Mighty

Well look at you
What you've become
I'm filled with disgust
But that's ok
Cause in your mind
You're higher than all of us

You can't refrain
Don't shout it out
You think you're so much more

Act like a clown
You're broken down
You're left to the dogs
But your delusion
And confusion
Has you up for the job
Can you remember when
You had a friend
It's really all a blur
Your mental block
Is no shock
I know this much for sure

You can't refrain
Don't shout it out

Your opinions don't mean much to me
It doesn't matter what you say
Yet I see it happen every day
It always blows my mind away
Cause you're wasting your life away
But you try to make the best of things
So I guess there's not much more to say
Have a good life expiring

You can't refrain
Don't shout it out
Say what you say
Fills me with doubt
You're really such a bore, but still

My ears are always listening
Cause people have a lot to say (x4)

Enjoy!

EDIT: I just have to update because I'm all excited that I have a 3rd song that I could potentially finish tomorrow. What's going on here!? Haha, usually it takes me 6 months to write 2 songs :D

Ryder1234
07-31-2010, 08:28 PM
So I think I'm finally at a point where I can write a song in a day. Because I have a 3rd new song now :D This ones called Dominoes, it's really good, check it out along with Dope Fiend and Mr. High And Mighty

I feel as though I'm looking at life through a picture frame
My outlook is distorted, worthy of fame

My view is full of apathy
A natural disaster couldn't phase me

I'm slipping into a false sense of security
And it seems my careless ways are warping me
Somethings gotta give, what dominoes will fall
Nothings for sure, so I'll give it my all

I twist and turn through life without a cautionary air
You try to reach me but you find that I'm barely there
I can't take it slow, that frankly won't do
My perception is out of wack and your's could be too

By now I'm much too far gone so
Convince yourself nothings wrong and carry on

Hey now, it's not all that bad
When you think back on the times that we've had
We're out to lay the foundations for our lives
That said, yours is far different than mine

So if you think I've turned my back
Then I've suceeded, your perceptions out of wack

But then again, maybe I should seek safety
It's up to the forces that control me

ad8
08-01-2010, 04:51 AM
So I think I'm finally at a point where I can write a song in a day. Because I have a 3rd new song now :D This ones called Dominoes, it's really good, check it out along with Dope Fiend and Mr. High And Mighty

Wow, another great song of yours! In the beginning I was reminded of RHCP, but then the song took another direction I couldn't classify as anything else but the Random Goods sound. You really developed a trade mark sound that stands out from the usual music I am used to. I like the jazzy bits that you throw in because they make the sound very characteristic. Keep up the good work!
Oh and your productivity reminds me of the early Static Martyr... one song per day? Respect!

Ryder1234
08-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Wow, another great song of yours! In the beginning I was reminded of RHCP, but then the song took another direction I couldn't classify as anything else but the Random Goods sound. You really developed a trade mark sound that stands out from the usual music I am used to. I like the jazzy bits that you throw in because they make the sound very characteristic. Keep up the good work!
Oh and your productivity reminds me of the early Static Martyr... one song per day? Respect!

Thanks Man! :) I remember writing the intro a few months ago, also thinking gee, this sounds a lot like RHCP :p

I'm even amazed at my productivity now, I just developed and ability to, once I come up with a new part for the song, instead of taking a break and saying I'll continue later (which never happens), I just started saying "keep going, keep going" every time I had a new part and it's working out good so far :p

Ryder1234
08-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Since I have been too busy to work on anything the last few days, here's a video of me and my friend covering Offspring songs! COAP and TKAA, the drums kinda drown out the guitar and the vox are almost inaudible, but it's all good!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1550564648747&ref=mf

Ryder1234
08-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Oh man, it's my first release! I had been looking at some of my songs and realized the first few didn't really fit in with the songs I make nowadays, and I'm planning on releasing a full album soon, so I had to do something with the songs that didn't fit. I put them together, added in the You (Bad Religion) cover, and wrote a new song called "Artificial Joy". The front and back covers, and all the lyrics are included in the download, it goes as follows:

1 Save The Day (2:56)
2 Driftin' (6:02)
3 Castaways (acoustic) (3:20)
4 Anger Management (Happy As Can Be) *short version (0:48)
5 Artificial Joy (3:08)
6 You (Bad Religion cover) *Ft Carson Mauthe (2:08) (+ hidden track = 5:42)

Total length is 21:57, and everything is 320kbps. Yep, there's a hidden track as well. Chances are some of you have heard it, but I'll let you guys figure out for yourselves what it is ;) Mr. Mauthe (Homer) makes an appearance on You. Click on the album cover below to download it \/

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb166/Rabble4life/ArtificalJoyEP.png (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DILMVYND)

Ryder1234
08-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Yoyoyoyo check this shit out guys, look at the post above! :p I don't mind when individual songs I release get ignored, but when I release an EP I expect some feedback :p and that mean download it and give it a LISTEN!

ad8
08-18-2010, 01:39 AM
Yoyoyoyo check this shit out guys, look at the post above! :p I don't mind when individual songs I release get ignored, but when I release an EP I expect some feedback :p and that mean download it and give it a LISTEN!
Hehe, I'm sorry :o
I actually downloaded it, but forgot to comment until now.
So the only song I had not heard was Artificial Joy. I like the grungy vibe of the chorus. The verses sound pretty much like the trade mark Random Goods sound.
So in general the EP has a pretty solid track listing. I think my favorite would be Driftin' because of its really relaxing atmosphere and the individual qualities of the vocals and the instruments. It is closely followed by Castaways, though.
The You Cover is really awesome, too.

Ryder1234
08-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Thanks man :) I actually wrote Artificial Joy in about 3 hours, from scratch and then released the EP the same day, so thats why I didn't rush and release it like I do for every new song, and write some big post as if it was a whole album or something :P

Ryder1234
09-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Me and my friend who I mentioned I made a band with, we got together and jammed and we took this video of us playing my song Dominoes, I think it's awesome :p

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1600281531638&comments

Sounds a little empty in the verses without bass and because the guitar doesn't do much at that part.

Ryder1234
11-03-2010, 11:08 PM
New cover up, finally something new. It's "untitled #11" by John Frusciante, check it out :) I felt like I needed something to get me going again and I also really wanted to cover a John Frusciante song, so I'm happy with the end result. It's supposed to sound intentionally lo-fi to kinda keep the spirit of the original, but I definitely didn't copy it exactly.

Ryder1234
11-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Kinda update, as there's nothing much to report on, I have some lyrics and a recording to go with them, but it's only a small part of a song. It's a start, hopefully I can finish it cause it's got promise. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Random-Goods/131482090189 it's called "stuff" on the player

Shadows abode, suffocated by endless space
But take which road? Sense of direction has been misplaced
Well on and on, autopilot with no correction
A common goal, clear as day, yet with no distinction

Also what's your thoughts on the John Frusciante cover?

Ryder1234
02-06-2011, 11:21 AM
It's the resurrection, yeahhhhhh

Kay, well it's really not much, but I've got the start of a song that I've been working on for a bit here, I'm liking it so far, hopefully I can do something with it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/446111092/untitled.mp3

Lyrics are about the people living across the street from me, who look suspiciously like they're running a meth lab. Not cool.

Ryder1234
04-25-2011, 10:00 PM
So I'd been trying to make a few more songs for this before I released it, but nothing was happening for the longest time, and now that I've got a bunch of new songs in the works that sound a lot different than these songs, I'm gonna release it.

Random Goods - I'm Just a Blank Face (https://rapidshare.com/files/459217341/Random_Goods_-_I_m_Just_a_Blank_Face.rar)

Tracklisting:

1 Dope Fiend (3:47)
2 Mr. High and Mighty (1:42)
3 Castaways (3:26)
4 Standing Calm (6:58)
5 Dominoes (4:12)
6 Whitewash (1:16)
7 Dominoes (Live in Luke's basement) (4:10)

There's nothing new here, but some of it didnt get that much attention (Dope Fiend, Whitewash) so it'll still be a good listen. Dominoes live is from a jam sesh with my friend Luke who drums, we recorded it on a video camera (with no bassist) and it was pretty good quality audio wise, so I took the audio track and added a bass track, and it was good filler to put on the album :P It's definitely better than Artificial Joy, those were the throwaways from this.

Post some feedback please, and there's going to be a bunch more stuff here soon, I've got tons I'm working on right now

Also, I'm gonna start putting songs on youtube, Castaways is up, you should subscribe to my channel in case I ever post anything exclusive there haha

Static_Martyr
05-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Any chance I could get you to reupload that EP/album thingy (Blank Face)? I just realized it was up here, but the upload seems to have expired....:(

Ryder1234
05-31-2011, 12:44 PM
Yeah I'm at school now but when I'm home I'll re-up it for you

Static_Martyr
05-31-2011, 03:57 PM
K thanks :D No hurries.

Ryder1234
06-13-2011, 07:52 AM
Gah, I've uploaded it like 3 or 4 times but always gotten distracted waiting for it to upload and ended up closing the page without realizing :P I'll upload that today for sure.

Ryder1234
07-28-2011, 10:11 PM
So I made a video for Castaways back in May, I guess I forgot to post it in this thread though :P I recorded it all on my phone camera and edited it all with Windows Movie Maker (cheeuhhh), but I think I made it look pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n9hSGtljoY

Let me know what you thought, it's my first vid so I don't know what to think of it :P

Static_Martyr
07-29-2011, 02:54 PM
I know this is like the most generic comment ever, but it kind of reminded me of one of the videos from Smash --- the whole "recorded in my bedroom/garage" quality, lots of filters and whatnot to compensate for lack of production value. I think it fits your style of music, anyway. The only thing I would recommend is to include fewer shots of the vocal parts and more of the guitar/bass/drum parts (maybe a splitscreen thing like that Hammerhead one you did awhile back, or something).

Did you ever upload that compilation or whatever from awhile back? I only ask because I've been looking for songs to do BBS covers of, and I don't even think I have any of yours (not counting mixtape entries).

Ryder1234
07-29-2011, 07:28 PM
No thanks for reminding me, I keep trying to upload it and it always almost gets to 100% then has an error. Then I forget for a few weeks haha. I'll try again now hopefully it works this time.

Ryder1234
08-23-2011, 08:35 PM
I finished up a song I've had going for a while now today, it's called "Casual Man", it's up on the FB now: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Random-Goods/131482090189

The mixing didn't work how I would've liked, I think I'm gonna have another go at that tomorrow when my hearing isn't ravaged anymore. But the song itself is a bit different from most of my songs I think, so that's cool. Let me know what you think!

lyrics

There's a light hiding in the darkness
No a theif couldn't find
Could he reach it through a photograph?
Or quietly sip his wine

Little fly buzzing by the window
Lazy summer days
Eyes follow every movement
Until I'm in a haze

Wide awake, though the skies not blue
As I search for you, you run away
Maybe I'll catch up with you some day

Huddled on a street corner
Disturbance in the night
Change jingles in my pocket
As I quickly stroll by

Walk through the restraunt
Take my seat, people stare
I'm just trying to place my order
But the menu doesn't look very fair

And as for you, miles away
Are you hearing what I say?

And I mean no offence, I don't wanna deal with you
The skies not falling I just don't owe a thing to you
And I'm certain it's true, what can more can I do?
To prove this to you

Be careful wherever you are
Your mind and body can only get you so far
Be careful wherever you are
I don't wanna hear that you went too far

And as for you, miles away
Are you hearing what I say?

Ryder1234
08-26-2011, 08:21 PM
I finished another song today, I'm trying to make a push to finish the album I'm working on right now and I've been able to write some new material in the last few days. It's called "Renegades", parts of it are actually from the first song I ever wrote on guitar before I could even play it properly, the rest I wrote today. I feel like I'm getting a little lazy with my mixing, the vocals aren't as clear in the mix as they could be, but I'm not that worried.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Random-Goods/131482090189

Check out "Renegades" and "Casual Man" (song I finished a few days ago). Should be the first 2 songs on the wall.

Lyrics for Renegades (Casual Man's lyrics are in the post above)

As we run amok
Renegades, out of luck
With no clue

I'm in a state of shock
You really like to push your luck
It's no use

As I'm staring at the sun
Don't just sit there looking bare
A feeling of despair
I guess you must be unaware

Scan the sky, need a sign
Can someone tell how much time
Went unused

Need a message, gotta find the trail
Can't reach us by airmail
Unless you wanna take that climb, you shouldn't waste your time
Keepin steady on the decline

You'll just sit there in a haze
And nothing will amaze
We could talk this talk for days
It really only takes up space
That we've got no use for anyways

Another day, another game
Another way to stay the same
I try to fight it but it just causes me pain
And I'm destined to stay the same
Playing lifes little game

Over and over again
I'm forced to pretend
That every little things alright
We've made it past that fight

So why is this doubt controlling my mind?
The answers not all that hard to find
When I look back on my time
These actions seem pretty asinine

Don't just sit there looking bare
A feeling of despair
I guess you must be unaware

Ryder1234
08-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Another new song? Yes. I've been having these awesome 4-6 hour recording sessions lately, it seems like writing and recording a song in such a short time produces some sweet results. I'm not over thinking what I'm writing or something, and it's working.

Anyways, it's called Space Ranger. I had the first guitar riff kicking around for 2 years not really sure of what to do with it, but today I just got on a roll and made stuff that sounded good. Check it out on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Random-Goods/131482090189 leave a comment, damnit! :D There's 3 new songs up and no ones noticed :P

Probably the last song I'll be posting till I'm done the album. I can't give everything away before I release it.

Something in the way
Hopin' it gets the last say
My mind tells me to fight it
But I look the other way

There's a shift in space
And life, it gets so out of place
Living ain't a waste
But when you're faced with such bad taste

Can't decide what I should do
And I got everything to lose
I can't just shake a couple dice
And hope I roll some triple-twos

Please take away what I abuse
I've just got too much to proove
Cause as I sit and turn to dust
Someone else can make their move

I used to fear them in my youth
But now, I think I'm living proof
I'm chasing down a dream
It's just it comes off as obscene

A television screen
What life's become, it's just a scene
It doesn't seem so bad...
Where's my dose of reality, STAT!

I'm flyin high but not endangered
Some may call me Space Ranger
I'm way above the sunset
Gotta learn to talk to strangers

I'm wearin' through this routine
Drink some water from my canteen
My eyes can barely focus
My head is pounding like a ball peen

And it never goes away
It doesn't matter, not today
All I can do is stay
And try to live life day by day

It's looking cold out today
My jacket shields me from the rain
Maintains ideal temperature in my brain
So I can't be driven insane

I realize this as I'm driving the wrong way
Down an interstate highway
My chances are looking slim today
It looks like I've finished my stay
I said it looks like I've finished my stay today

Can't decide what I should do
And I got everything to lose
I can't just shake a couple dice
And hope I roll some triple-twos

Please take away what I abuse
I've just got too much to proove
Cause as I sit and turn to dust
Someone else can make their move

I'm flyin high but not endangered
Some may call me Space Ranger
I'm way above the sunset
Gotta learn to talk to strangers

I'm wearin' through this routine
Drink some water from my canteen
My eyes can barely focus
My head is pounding like a ball peen

Also, there's a cover of John Frusciante's Untitled #11 on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ2oEIfBWl4

Ryder1234
09-14-2011, 09:05 PM
yes. i'm downloading. thanks

meh, free advertisement for me and the bot i guess

tmf12345
11-17-2011, 01:07 PM
I liked the instrumental. However, having said that, you may want to work on the vocals, you appear to sound a bit pitchy (constructive criticism, please don't take the wrong way). I do like the work. Keep practicing.

Ryder1234
04-29-2012, 07:17 PM
I liked the instrumental. However, having said that, you may want to work on the vocals, you appear to sound a bit pitchy (constructive criticism, please don't take the wrong way). I do like the work. Keep practicing.

Goddamn even the bots be criticizing my vocals, haha. Well, I hope they got better since I last recorded anything, it's been a while. So, because of that, I'm working on a Guns of Brixton cover! Inspired by The Offspring's cover? Yeah, maybe a bit. But it's a damn good song so whatever :p

It's only the intro and first verse right now, doe. Check it
http://soundcloud.com/ryder1234/the-clash-guns-of-brixton

Ryder1234
05-15-2012, 08:50 AM
Well I started working on a Beastie Boys cover because I've had So Whatcha Want stuck in my head all week, not finished yet, I'm just working on figuring out all the levels and settings on it and I think there's a guitar part in the verse but I'm not sure, Im going to try that out today.

http://soundcloud.com/ryder1234/so-whatcha-want-beastie-boys

Ryder1234
06-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Posted 2 demos I'm working on right now, one of them I started today and the other is a bit older but I did some more work to it. I'm pretty excited about this one I started today, it's pretty groovy

http://soundcloud.com/ryder1234/june-2012-demo-2-random-goods

The older one ain't bad either but I like the first one better haha

http://soundcloud.com/ryder1234/hey-whats-this-more-music

Ryder1234
06-12-2012, 12:25 PM
... so I also finished a song yesterday haha. I had to do some more mixing, but that's all done now, so here's the first song I've put out in a while.

Random Goods - If We Pretend
http://soundcloud.com/ryder1234/random-goods-if-we-pretend-in

I basically wrote it last night, with my acoustic and a pad of paper, sitting under a light in my room at 2am, in about 30 minutes. I was making a bunch of music earlier in the day (there's 2 demos in the post above this), but got somewhat stuck trying to write more complicated songs. Went out to hang out with some friends, came back at like 1, and sleep deprived, decided to write a real simplistic acoustic song. I think it turned out well.

lyrics:

Hold a soul to an hourglass
The time has come for time to pass
Suffocated by empty space
Where holding back has no place

Walking round and round that tiny room
There's not much more that I can do
My mind reflects the derelicted state it's in
And I'm still sitting here with a blank stare, just listening, yeah

This cycle has got to end, I need to feel again, to make sure it's all still there
It seems like I'll never see the end, but if we pretend, we'll get there, so unaware

If we made it there, we'd still be so unaware
Even if I made it there, I'd be so unaware

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-12-2012, 06:09 PM
... so I also finished a song yesterday haha. I had to do some more mixing, but that's all done now, so here's the first song I've put out in a while.

Random Goods - If We Pretend
http://soundcloud.com/ryder1234/random-goods-if-we-pretend-in

I basically wrote it last night, with my acoustic and a pad of paper, sitting under a light in my room at 2am, in about 30 minutes. I was making a bunch of music earlier in the day (there's 2 demos in the post above this), but got somewhat stuck trying to write more complicated songs. Went out to hang out with some friends, came back at like 1, and sleep deprived, decided to write a real simplistic acoustic song. I think it turned out well.
I saw this one on Facebook. I liked it.

Ryder1234
07-07-2012, 01:01 AM
I saw this one on Facebook. I liked it.

Thanks man, I guess I missed this comment before.

I actually came here to make an update on this song - and to make use of the Youtube embed feature :p So I got bored and made another music video, this time for this song (If We Pretend).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFSNVEF_x-4&feature=youtu.be

I kinda got a little lazy and only filmed like, 3 takes of me playing guitars in different spots around my basement, but I was able to splice them all up enough with random 3-4 second clips of my house, and my cats haha. It changes up enough that you don't get bored at least :p I`m happier with this than the Castaways music video - but that`s mostly because I had a nicer camera to use this time, instead of a cell phone camera haha