PDA

View Full Version : Fortune Telling

Alison
07-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Ok, so a few hours ago I went and got my fortune told by a highly recommended psychic in the area. I'm not sure how much I believe in any of this stuff, if I even believe at all, but a lot of stuff she told me was fairly accurate.
She used tarot cards and gave me a cup of tea to drink from which she read the tea leaves afterwards.

She told me I'd live til 92, one of the oldest ages she has predicted, which may not be a surprise, as my granny lived til 96.
She said that I'm undecided in a career but she was picking up on either veterinary or something to do with art. (I used want to become a vet. And I'm very into art).
She told me i'd have good health except for a few chest problems such as asthma, which I do have.
She told me I adored animals, especially horses and I would probably own a few when older. (Very accurate seen as I do love horses and already have one).
She said my current relationship would last forever and I'd have three children, two boys and a girl, but to watch the amount of vodka I drink so that I don't get knocked up too soon as both me and my boyfriend are intelligent so shouldnt put our lives to waste :p
She also said that there was a gap between my parents. This is true, my parents fight quite a lot.
She told me also, that my mum's mum was my guardian angel.

I'm glad it all turned out pretty positive. I'm still obviously uncertain about how much to believe, but a lot did seem pretty accurate to be a coincidence.

What is everyone else's experiences, if any?

Rag Doll
07-13-2009, 04:18 PM
i want to do it, but i don't know anywhere around here to go. seems pretty cool though. and i wanna do it even more after hearing what she told you!

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
07-13-2009, 04:19 PM
i want to do it
and if he/she is wrong, im gonna laugh in that fucker's face

KHWHD
07-13-2009, 04:30 PM
I saw a psychic on Jan.20th. They were having layoffs at the time at my job and that was my first question, would I be laid off. She said no, that I wouldn't be. I was laid off on Jan.29th.

She told me something about my Mom that there was no way in hell she'd know (health wise) and she was pretty accurate.

She spoke a lot about my kids' father and was spot on.

I'd say she was about 1/2 correct on her answers.

I also paid $65.00 for 1/2 an hour.

Anya82
07-13-2009, 04:38 PM
once I had my fortune told. Some friends and I went to visit this woman and she told each of us our fortune. NOTHING came true. Not for me, and not for any of my friends.

Also, I really don't believe in destiny, because that leaves us without choices, and we all are free souls to choose whatever we want. I don't think our lives are already written.

I think that, when anybody believes in that kind of stuff like fortune telling, they become prisoners of what they're told.

chicapowerpunk
07-13-2009, 04:45 PM
I was with my friend Kary,when a woman told us that Kary would be dead within 24 hours, she was scared while almost faints, but everything was a lie.
The woman claimed to be psychic.. ...........

http://www.evisos.com.uy/images/advertisements/2009/01/22/se-buscan-tarotistas-videntes-adivinas-curanderas-tarot-videncia_843dda79c7_3.jpg

Alison
07-13-2009, 04:46 PM
I think you really have to get some recommendations and do some research before going to someone.

I mean...I really wasnt expecting it to seem so accurate, even though I've heard some good things about her.
I was pleased with my visit. I nearly didnt go, because my boyfriend was freaking out in case she told me i'd fall in love with someone else...:p

Captain Sarcasm
07-13-2009, 04:49 PM
this psychic woman tried to predict that i would say sarcastic after i fell from my chair. so i didnt fall but i said sarcastic

IamSam
07-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Psychics and fortune tellers all work the same way, for the most part. They ask or say general statements until they narrow onto something. Not to gloat, but I've done my own 'fortune telling' in the past...

chicapowerpunk
07-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Naaah!!!,you take care, never know when you die,and if they knew,we will be scared,isnīt it????....:confused:
There are many charlatans...............;)

Al Coholic
07-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Ok, so a few hours ago I went and got my fortune told by a highly recommended psychic in the area. I'm not sure how much I believe in any of this stuff, if I even believe at all, but a lot of stuff she told me was fairly accurate.
She used tarot cards and gave me a cup of tea to drink from which she read the tea leaves afterwards.

1)She told me I'd live til 92, one of the oldest ages she has predicted, which may not be a surprise, as my granny lived til 96.

2)She said that I'm undecided in a career but she was picking up on either veterinary or something to do with art. (I used want to become a vet. And I'm very into art).

3)She told me i'd have good health except for a few chest problems such as asthma, which I do have.

4)She told me I adored animals, especially horses and I would probably own a few when older. (Very accurate seen as I do love horses and already have one).

5)She said my current relationship would last forever and I'd have three children, two boys and a girl, but to watch the amount of vodka I drink so that I don't get knocked up too soon as both me and my boyfriend are intelligent so shouldnt put our lives to waste :p

6)She also said that there was a gap between my parents. This is true, my parents fight quite a lot.

7)She told me also, that my mum's mum was my guardian angel.

I'm glad it all turned out pretty positive. I'm still obviously uncertain about how much to believe, but a lot did seem pretty accurate to be a coincidence.

What is everyone else's experiences, if any?
Well I'm a huge skeptic of this stuff, so if I could, I'd like to be an asshole:
1 - meaningless. She picked a good number to make you feel good. Their advice is usually positive

2 - Decent but a lot of kids are undecided, a lot of people are into art/animals. Pet hair on you is a good reason to go for the vet, wouldn't be surprised if your appearence or something you mentioned led her toward the art thing.

3 - the asthma thing's not bad. Provided you weren't carrying an inhaler or breathing shallow, although a large portion of the pop has asthma.

4 - Probly the best prediction. Again, provided your appearance/conversation didn't mention horses.

5 - Yeah, young girls drink vodka, have sex, and everyone wants to believe they're with the one. This one's BS

6 - So do mine and they're happily married. I'd say fighting, even lots of it at times, is a pretty standard part of marriage. "a gap in the relationship" is too vague.

7 - ....lol

Also, was she just blurting out "your an asthmatic that's into horses and art" or was she working it out of you, starting vague and then "feeling you're _____" based on your answer?

Again sorry to be an asshole/naysayer/downer/negative nancy.

_Lost_
07-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Psychics and fortune tellers all work the same way, for the most part. They ask or say general statements until they narrow onto something. Not to gloat, but I've done my own 'fortune telling' in the past...

this. and what al said.

What she said could apply to about 90% of the population. Especially certain ones.

She said that I'm undecided in a career but she was picking up on either veterinary or something to do with art. (I used want to become a vet. And I'm very into art).

Applied to me for a long time and about 30 other people I knew in highschool. Its often easy to tell if someone is artistic right off the bat especially.

She told me i'd have good health except for a few chest problems such as asthma, which I do have.

everyone has chest problems. i get congested in my chest a lot.

She told me I adored animals, especially horses and I would probably own a few when older. (Very accurate seen as I do love horses and already have one).

okay, maaaaybe with the horse thing, but you might have said something when she made the vet comment that tipped her off to horses, but clearly she already figured you loved animals. who doesn't? Using "loves animals" in like a personal ad really tells me nothing about a person since most western world cultures have animals deeply ingrained in their society.

She said my current relationship would last forever and I'd have three children, two boys and a girl, but to watch the amount of vodka I drink so that I don't get knocked up too soon as both me and my boyfriend are intelligent so shouldnt put our lives to waste

what Al said...

She also said that there was a gap between my parents. This is true, my parents fight quite a lot.

this could be interpreted as an age gap, a distance gap, a divorce gap, a death gap...etc

She told me also, that my mum's mum was my guardian angel.

a common thing surrounding the whole ghosts and angels belief is that someone's soul/spirit/ghost/whatever can not become an angel. angels have been here since god created existence and can not become people. former living beings and angels are two separate entities and they can not change between the two.

Apathy
07-13-2009, 11:27 PM
All you need to be a good psychic is attention to detail and a confident voice.

Dirigent
07-14-2009, 04:02 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortune-telling#What_science_says :)

I despise it.

dff_punk
07-14-2009, 04:09 AM
http://theinfosphere.org/images/thumb/1/1f/Gypsy.jpg/225px-Gypsy.jpg

Rutegard
07-14-2009, 04:17 AM
i did it once

some shit she got right, some shit i cannot know unless im older...and by that time maybe i will forget everything bout it...but oh well...

i wont do that again!

Alison
07-14-2009, 04:19 AM
I think some people are missing the point where I said I'm not even sure if I believe any of this stuff, so there's no point in taking what I said and trying to prove things to me. :confused:

Also, to answer Al's question, no she didn't blurt everything out, but she didn't ask me questions and I didnt agree to her with anything that she did say. Maybe my body language gave things away...maybe I subconsiously nodded or something. But I don't really care, it's not like I'm waiting for these things to happen, i'll probably forget them in a week.

As I said, I'm unsure of what I think.

Rooster
07-14-2009, 04:19 AM
I just remembered of this when reading the thread title:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiUXa_MvqLE

:D

I don't believe in these things, i think it's all pretty much about how good the fortune teller can guess.

Rutegard
07-14-2009, 04:20 AM
I think some people are missing the point where I said I'm not even sure if I believe any of this stuff, so there's no point in taking what I said and trying to prove things to me. :confused:

Also, to answer Al's question, no she didn't blurt everything out, but she didn't ask me questions and I didnt agree to her with anything that she did say. Maybe my body language gave things away...maybe I subconsiously nodded or something. But I don't really care, it's not like I'm waiting for these things to happen, i'll probably forget them in a week.

yes, but i get u :) is fucking cool when she gets it right, u feel like ddaaammnnn how did she know that?| LOL

but neither did i take it too seriously...and i was 14

Alison
07-14-2009, 04:28 AM
yes, but i get u :) is fucking cool when she gets it right, u feel like ddaaammnnn how did she know that?| LOL

but neither did i take it too seriously...and i was 14

Haha exactly.
It's pretty cool when the tea leaves seem to be telling her things that make sense to you. I've always found all this stuff interesting, but I'm too skeptical a person to ever fully bleive it.

Actually the same fortune teller told my friends mom that her mother would get very ill. My friends mom didnt believe this at all seen as her mother was always in perfect health...and a few weeks later she got a heart attack and nearly died. Freaky shit...but again...could be a coincidence.

Dirigent
07-14-2009, 04:31 AM
But I don't really care, it's not like I'm waiting for these things to happen, i'll probably forget them in a week.

You did it for the lulz right? :)

Well, you should think something about it. It seems like you need to boost or improve your personality. I suggest going into some university. Shaping up your personality with fortune-teller is not very impressive. It's good for the lulz.

Alison
07-14-2009, 04:34 AM
You did it for the lulz right? :)

Well, you should think something about it. It seems like you need to boost or improve your personality. I suggest going into some university. Shaping up your personality with fortune-teller is not very impressive. It's good for the lulz.

Hahaha what? I went to a fortune teller to get myself a better personality? Never knew you could get them improved there.
I went for the lulz, not to get a personality boost... :confused::p

Rutegard
07-14-2009, 04:36 AM
no one goes to a furtune teller to get a better personality ahahahah but the idea of doing it is very funny

Dirigent
07-14-2009, 04:45 AM
Hahaha what? I went to a fortune teller to get myself a better personality? Never knew you could get them improved there.
I went for the lulz, not to get a personality boost... :confused::p
I'm coming from the link I posted before. If you are gonna believe it, it may influence your life and shape you up.

It was kinda confusing when you said you didn't know what to think about it.

Alison
07-14-2009, 04:48 AM
I'm coming from the link I posted before. If you are gonna believe it, it may influence your life and shape you up.

It was kinda confusing when you said you didn't know what to think about it.

Ok...but what does that have to do with personality boosting?
I understand how people may try make those things happen just to justify what they've been told.

Dirigent
07-14-2009, 04:52 AM
It can make you more confident for example. Isn't that improvement?

Alison
07-14-2009, 04:54 AM
It can make you more confident for example. Isn't that improvement?

Oh right, I get you know. Yeah, I guess it can make you somewhat 'sure' of your life or something, if you choose to believe it

Dirigent
07-14-2009, 04:59 AM
Exactly. You are a very smart girl. You're gonna live at least 100 years. :)

Rutegard
07-14-2009, 05:01 AM
Exactly. You are a very smart girl. You're gonna live at least 100 years. :)

make it 120 caues shes vegetarian :P

Dirigent
07-14-2009, 05:08 AM
make it 120 caues shes vegetarian :P
I'm unsure what to think about it.

Because not eating meat can have a negative impact on your health. That makes it 80 years.

Or let's stay political and leave it at 100. :d

findout5
07-14-2009, 05:27 AM
I hope you got some gypsy tears out of that fortune teller! For protection from AIDS and also the swine Flu! Yechemach! :)

Rutegard
07-14-2009, 05:34 AM
eating meat can have a negative impact on your health.

fixed! no need to thank me :P

Dirigent
07-14-2009, 05:44 AM
fixed! no need to thank me :P
Eating a lot of meat and not eating meat at all is not very smart I'd say.

Rutegard
07-14-2009, 05:45 AM
Eating a lot of meat and not eating meat at all is not very smart I'd say.

u can say whatever u want :P nothing u can say will change my mind tho and this is going offtopic. no offtopic threads are allowed here :P

Rutegard
07-14-2009, 05:47 AM
Doesn't fortune telling generally cost a small fortune?

4 euros (in my case)

Dirigent
07-14-2009, 05:48 AM
Yeah, take care! I might shape you up and influence you in a positive way!

/\ That was on topic!