PDA

View Full Version : Tabs

Al Coholic
07-14-2009, 12:44 PM
So whats up GOD. Any of you people know where I can get accurate offspring tabs? The internet is all over the place with this shit. 5-7 on some places, 6-8 on others. Its bullshit man, bullshit.

Trying to learn Self Esteem on guitar. Really can't emphasize that I need accurate tabs enough.

Thanks,
-Al

Harleyquiiinn
07-14-2009, 12:48 PM
I have a Guitar pro file that I can send you and which is pretty good I think for Self Esteem

Also:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/o/offspring/self_esteem_ver6_tab.htm

I like Ultimate-guitar cause you have several versions and you can choose, or mix some of them...

It would be good to keep a thread where people can post the most accurate tabs they find... I'm a guitar rookie so I know it would be useful for me to have tabs that I know are good and checked by Offspring fans :D

Al Coholic
07-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Agreed. This should be stickied for accurate tab findings.

But like I said, I don't much feel like learning the song wrong so, I don't wanna miz and match several innacurate versions of the song. Perhaps if somebody has a link to official tabs, that'd be fantastic.

Also, the band should just fuckin post them for free on this site. I mean they put they're whole album up here, if anything a bunch of people playing their music is only free promotion.

Harleyquiiinn
07-14-2009, 12:57 PM
I have a book with the tab of Self Esteem and honestly, I'd rather play my GP file... Think it sounds better...but anyway, I can understand that you want to play it as best as you can :)

Also, I learn a lot by watching covers on Youtube where people are nice enough to show how they play... if good players could post the best version they find, to learn, it would be nice too...

Free?
07-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Al, is that really you?

:)

Quagmire
07-14-2009, 03:10 PM
So whats up GOD. Any of you people know where I can get accurate offspring tabs? The internet is all over the place with this shit. 5-7 on some places, 6-8 on others. Its bullshit man, bullshit.

Trying to learn Self Esteem on guitar. Really can't emphasize that I need accurate tabs enough.

Thanks,
-Al

The reason for some of the discrepancies (5-7 or 6-8) is because sometimes songs are tabbed by people who aren't completely familiar with a band and therefore don't know what tuning the song is in. A lot of bands tune down to flats for all their songs even if it's not required (no Eb chord) they are just comfortable doing that. If you don't know that and figure the song out in standard you would play 5/7 even though the band plays 6/8 because their guitars are tuned down.

MoonTan™
07-14-2009, 04:32 PM

Thanks,
-Al

Learn it by Ear man, Self esteem is fucking easy :P

But seriously, I usually use Ultimate Guitar if i want to learn anything hard, i havnt checked there for Offspring thought.

come out swinging
07-14-2009, 07:03 PM
basically same as ultimate-guitar but has more.

http://www.911tabs.com/tabs/t/the_offspring/

Al Coholic
07-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Al, is that really you?

:)

Fuckin weird isn't it? Never been here before. This place gives me the creeps.

SMASHedTHEignition
07-14-2009, 09:34 PM
i cant giv u th tabs for: dirty magic, come out and play,vultures n a few more, but duz ny1 no il b waiting?