PDA

View Full Version : Live from the VIP lounge!

univonc
07-14-2009, 03:45 PM
I got 2 recorders, 2 preamps, 3 microphones, and 12 ft of audio cable. If all goes well I will bring a prize to all the offspring fans here. Gotta go, need another beer. Frank coming on in 45 minutes.....

IamSam
07-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Holy crap!:)

Phil594
07-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Zomg zomg zomg zomg zomg.

univonc
07-14-2009, 04:31 PM
I will report live. Frank due out any second. Here he is

univonc
07-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Frank turner is a very good opener! Very funny, but talented.

univonc
07-14-2009, 05:17 PM
Frank was great. His setlist worked well. Sum41 up next.

univonc
07-14-2009, 05:19 PM
OMG! Who brought out green day! It's sum41

jacknife737
07-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Cool; have fun!

And Frank is indeed awesome.

univonc
07-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Sum 41 is pulling fans on stage! Awesome!

univonc
07-14-2009, 05:52 PM
This band is great! Playing the audience!

KHWHD
07-14-2009, 06:13 PM
Glad you're having a great time!

univonc
07-14-2009, 06:35 PM
They are coming any second on stage!

univonc
07-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Mother fucker!!!! I am so god damn pissed! No gone away and hammerhead! I am so pissed!

KHWHD
07-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Damn, that sucks. Is it over now?

hshduppsnt
07-14-2009, 08:06 PM
no gone away or hammerhead? what was the setlist?
did they just cut songs or replace them?

univonc
07-14-2009, 08:07 PM
This band owes Charlotte a makeup show and an apology! This crowd had energy and loyalty and u shut it down. Thank god sum 41 made it worthwhile. I am so freaking mad! Sold short!

KHWHD
07-14-2009, 08:10 PM
What happened?

hshduppsnt
07-14-2009, 08:11 PM
dude, relax a bit,
at least tell us what the setlist was and such,
also was this a festival type show or was this a regular tour stop?

univonc
07-14-2009, 08:11 PM
The soundboard guys gave me an evil look when I bitched. They told me dexter's voice was not good. Not my problem. K am so damn pissed I am writing from my car. Offspring screwed us!

univonc
07-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Don't tell a doc to relax. They came out at 945 pm est. They had to end at 11 pm or they would pay 1 k per minute. However thru let the others play exte need sets. This is crap. I have been waiting since 1994 for this day and they took it. Mother fucker!

IamSam
07-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Dude. If Dexter's voice couldn't take it and he sung his guts out for you guys the next stop would suffer. Would that be fair to them? No. Would it be fair if he destroyed his voice? No.

Rag Doll
07-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Don't tell a doc to relax. They came out at 945 pm est. They had to end at 11 pm or they would pay 1 k per hour. However thru let the others play exte need sets. This is crap. I have been waiting since 1994 for this day and they took it. Mother fucker!

I'm pretty sure it's been roughly the same amount of playing time at every show this tour. At least, it was in NJ and NYC. Most shows I've seen, from basically every band, have been about the same.

KHWHD
07-14-2009, 08:24 PM
It's true. We all know how much touring they've been doing and how tiring it is for him/them. I think they played for 1 1/2 hours at my show, maybe a bit longer.

univonc
07-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Trust me, I have followed the setlist for all shows. This was suboptimal. Wait till unheard the recording. I so pissed, I may keep it. Let me cool off. Driving and listening to a real band, tool.

KHWHD
07-14-2009, 08:25 PM
Trust me, I have followed the setlist for all shows. This was suboptimal. Wait till unheard the recording. I so pissed, I may keep it. Let me cool off. Driving and listening to a real band, tool.

That's harsh.

Rag Doll
07-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Trust me, I have followed the setlist for all shows.

And I've *been* to two of the shows, dude. Also, like IamSam said, if the man's voice is, in fact, starting to have trouble because of the tour, he did the right thing. Or would you prefer them to cancel the rest of the dates? I honestly don't really understand the issue you have.

hshduppsnt
07-14-2009, 08:35 PM
And I've *been* to two of the shows, dude. Also, like IamSam said, if the man's voice is, in fact, starting to have trouble because of the tour, he did the right thing. Or would you prefer them to cancel the rest of the dates? I honestly don't really understand the issue you have.

As have I... and am equally confused...

hey thats fine, cool off a bit, Not telling you to relax and get over it just wanna know what you thought. It is the end of the tour though, they may be a little drained. Hows about you tell us the setlist? lets start with that. Maybe after you'll realize parts of the show were still a lot of fun hopefully?

also, if they were going to be fined, doesn't it seem reasonable that they'd end the show on time? maybe throw a little blame towards the venue on that one?

jacknife737
07-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Wait so they played an hour and fifteen minute set? That's what they've done every show on the tour......i'm having trouble seeing what the big issue is?

KHWHD
07-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Wait so they played an hour and fifteen minute set? That's what they've done every show on the tour......i'm having trouble seeing what the big issue is?

That they didn't play Hammerhead or Gone Away? He was pissed about that in his other thread.

hshduppsnt
07-14-2009, 08:49 PM
^ yeah I think the guy said Gone Away and Hammerhead...
but in the mean time he could help us all by posting the setlist and any other important info, then maybe we can have a reasonable debate from there.

All in all though, you still got to see what sounded like a similar length offspring set so fun times. Set list arguments will always leave Someone unhappy and I can see how you'd be upset but at least let us know if that is exactly what you're referring to...

KHWHD
07-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Sorry, I edited my post cause at first I thought he said GGA, not Gone Away - my bad.

Little_Miss_1565
07-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Dude, they cut two songs from the setlist. They did not "screw" you or anyone else. I totally understand your frustration -- I'd be frustrated as hell if I missed "Gone Away" -- but that's a bit much.

Little_Miss_1565
07-14-2009, 08:53 PM
If this is all it takes to ruin your life, then I'm jealous of your life.

univonc
07-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Dude, they cut two songs from the setlist. They did not "screw" you or anyone else. I totally understand your frustration -- I'd be frustrated as hell if I missed "Gone Away" -- but that's a bit much.

Were You there?

If not you don't have a dog in this issue.....

IamSam
07-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Were You there?

A dog? Are we at a kennel club now?

hshduppsnt
07-14-2009, 09:02 PM
dude if what you said in the other thread is true, and dexters voice was not good, and you still got to hear meaning of life... I understand your frustration but try to look at the bright side too I'd still call that a win! I'm sure JohnnyNemesis would agree...

it does suck that his voice may not have been able to take it but let me voice an alternate opinion that says I would rather hear them play for over an hour even sounding not so great than having the show cancelled all together, so remember there are other sides to this.

Hey so ... can we hear that recording of meaning of life O:)

edit: oh shank I wasn't calling you out on altering it, I was agreeing with what you said, my bad if you took that wrong.

Little_Miss_1565
07-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Mother fucker!!!! I am so god damn pissed! No gone away and hammerhead! I am so pissed!

Were You there?

From the above statement, I took it to be you saying those were the two songs they didn't play. If you'd care to elucidate what else they cut out of the set, we're listening. But all we're hearing is whingeing.

KHWHD
07-14-2009, 09:07 PM
edit: oh shank I wasn't calling you out on altering it, I was agreeing with what you said, my bad if you took that wrong.

No worries. Just wanted to clear that up... lol.

univonc
07-14-2009, 09:08 PM
dude if what you said in the other thread is true, and dexters voice was not good, and you still got to hear meaning of life... I understand your frustration but try to look at the bright side too I'd still call that a win! I'm sure JohnnyNemesis would agree...

it does suck that his voice may not have been able to take it but let me voice an alternate opinion that says I would rather hear them play for over an hour even sounding not so great than having the show cancelled all together, so remember there are other sides to this.

Hey so ... can we hear that recording of meaning of life O:)

I might share it but little miss is not listening to what I am saying......

There was SO much energy tonight, and the fans were going nuts. However several constraints. The first was with Dexter's voice. I understand, but they still put the show one.....

The second was the shortened setlist. It was very similar to Lowell, but minus 2 songs. Still less then other venues. Remember folks, marketing.......

The last and most importantly, there is expectation. When there is less creates FRUSTRATION! I expected equal, but received less. Was this reflected on my ticket? I expect not. If you need a refresher, check out the lastest Rolling Stone as to how much is divided.

Will it cause me to throw away the band? No! This band got through the parts of my life through their music. However, i hold them responsible for their performance tonight.

If you want me to drink thier Kool Aid that everything is great, then maybe not. I am critical and have every just reason.....

univonc
07-14-2009, 09:11 PM
If this is all it takes to ruin your life, then I'm jealous of your life.

getting personal does not resolve the issue of a disgruntled and LOYAL fan. Trust me I have a great life. It was altered by tonight, but as a human I am allowed to express my frustrations. sorry it wasn't from your Kool aid bin.....

KHWHD
07-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Did your son and his friends have a good time?

IamSam
07-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Don't drink the Kool Aid, by all means. But Christ, have some common sense and understanding.

Little_Miss_1565
07-14-2009, 09:13 PM
There is a huge difference between being critical and taking a shit on a band you claim is important to you in their (internetz) house.

You're still basically admitting there were only two songs cut from the set. I have no idea what this has to do with marketing.

If you want to air your extreme frustrations and claim they owe you something for doing what they are entirely within their rights to do, I suggest getting a blog. You are being neither fair to nor respectful of them.

PS--merging the two threads now.

hshduppsnt
07-14-2009, 09:13 PM
^ hey fair enough you're allowed to have your personal gripes I think we all just wanted you to actually tell us what those were :)

and my only other point was you can see that its not kool aid some people might legitimately have another view on the matter.

I was supposed to visit a friend in north carolina this week and go to this show with him. Things fell through and I didn't go and after hearing what you've said all I can think is, damn I missed meaning of life... but I have the luxury of having gone to a decent number of shows lately.

But yeah was just saying maybe for your own sake too, be annoyed about this and that but if you really do like em this much, hey, you just got to see them play live eh? even on an off day thats still gotta be Pretty cool right?

JohnnyNemesis
07-14-2009, 09:15 PM
listening to a real band, tool.

I haven't laughed this hard on the BBS in a very long time.

I hate to pile on you, but dude, calm down for your own sake. And maybe show the band some respect, too? They're busting their asses on this tour and though you may have missed two great songs, I'm sure you caught a whole bunch of awesome ones.

Relax.

hshduppsnt
07-14-2009, 09:16 PM
I haven't laughed this hard on the BBS in a very long time.

I hate to pile on you, but dude, calm down for your own sake. And maybe show the band some respect, too? They're busting their asses on this tour and though you may have missed two great songs, I'm sure you caught a whole bunch of awesome ones.

Relax.

i think you missed the part where he admitted they played meaning of life...
edit: anyone else who thinks im harping on this... im just very bored right now...

univonc
07-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Did your son and his friends have a good time?

they had a nice time. The crowd from the lawn were allowed to come down to load the venue.

However, my son (also a fan) was struck by no "gone away and hammerhead" (his favorite song).

Little Miss, let me remind you in March of this year both Dexter and Noodles went across America doing their acoustical stint to promote the new tour and lately released CD. They played in several areas of NC and only played in Charlotte for their tour.

It not a contest as to who got more songs than who, but the setlist was similar to one of the festivals. clearly this was NOT a festival and they were the mainline name for the show.

I have a ton of calm and reasoning, but it was clearly challenged tonight.

Charlotte, deserves a redo and before you fire me, maybe ask the band if they left anything on the table tonight. According to the soundboard, they stuggled to pull it off tonight.

JohnnyNemesis
07-14-2009, 09:19 PM
i think you missed the part where he admitted they played meaning of life...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! >:O!

ps. My issues lack dogs :(

brothadave79
07-14-2009, 09:21 PM
According to the soundboard, they stuggled to pull it off tonight.

"And then he had a startling revelation. 'We're only human, after all," he stammered. 'All of us, after all.'"

univonc
07-14-2009, 09:23 PM

PAY 100 dollars a seat and then decide if you got your money's worth.

Yes I would prefer a cancellation to "Miss Congeniality" that I got tonight.....

Got it from aerosmith last week and never thought twice.

IamSam
07-14-2009, 09:23 PM
And it FEEEEEEEEEEELS...!

Little_Miss_1565
07-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Little Miss, let me remind you in March of this year both Dexter and Noodles went across America doing their acoustical stint to promote the new tour and lately released CD. They played in several areas of NC and only played in Charlotte for their tour.

It not a contest as to who got more songs than who, but the setlist was similar to one of the festivals. clearly this was NOT a festival and they were the mainline name for the show.

I have a ton of calm and reasoning, but it was clearly challenged tonight.

Charlotte, deserves a redo and before you fire me, maybe ask the band if they left anything on the table tonight. According to the soundboard, they stuggled to pull it off tonight.

...and they only played in NYC once in the last several years, but I'm not carrying on about it.

I haven't seen anything that would indicate the set list was more like a festival than the other set lists. They seem to do basically the same thing every night so I find it hard to believe they'd decide to throw that pattern out the window for this show.

I guess the bummer about the human experience is that sometimes you have a night on tour that isn't on the same strong level as others. Does anyone in the band get a redo from God because whatever in life made Dexter's voice not as rad as it usually is?

EDIT: Miss Congeniality? They cut two songs and you're calling him a princess? 10 minutes till I euthanize this thread.

univonc
07-14-2009, 09:25 PM
And it FEEEEEEEEEEELS...!

LOL that is awesome! Nice "maytag" or should I say "agitator"?

brothadave79
07-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Does anyone in the band get a redo from God because whatever in life made Dexter's voice not as rad as it usually is?

Hint: The answer rhymes with "no."

univonc
I guess the bummer about the human experience is that sometimes you have a night on tour that isn't on the same strong level as others. Does anyone in the band get a redo from God because whatever in life made Dexter's voice not as rad as it usually is?

I guess if you are catholic they call that confession...

It is what it is, but if they decide to have a different night, then I am also entitled to have an opinion?

hshduppsnt
PAY 100 dollars a seat and then decide if you got your money's worth.

Yes I would prefer a cancellation to "Miss Congeniality" that I got tonight.....

Got it from aerosmith last week and never thought twice.

hey fair enough no one can really argue against that but I'm sure there are just as many people that would prefer what they got to a cancellation so you can see why coming on here at first really angry (you're much more calm now) seems just as unreasonable right? in the end not sure much is going to change after this so... dunno what else there is for anyone to say

IamSam
07-14-2009, 09:30 PM
LOL that is awesome! Nice "maytag" or should I say "agitator"?

Kenmore, actually. Sears builds one hell of a motor...carriage...

Hint: The answer rhymes with "no."

HOE!

Little_Miss_1565
07-14-2009, 09:30 PM
I guess if you are catholic they call that confession...

It is what it is, but if they decide to have a different night, then I am also entitled to have an opinion?

An opinion is "Dexter's voice wasn't as strong tonight." Bullshit negativity is "Dexter is a douche cuz he didn't personally apologize for himself and ask my permission and opinion before!"

hey fair enough no one can really argue against that

No fucking way is it okay to say that about Dexter on his own website.

JohnnyNemesis
07-14-2009, 09:31 PM
So, if I'm understanding correctly, you got to see one of your favorite bands live and still managed to get an AWESOME RECORDING DESPITE DEXTER CLEARLY STRUGGLING THROUGHOUT THE SHOW...and instead of commending Dexter for being a champ and sticking it through to the point where you still got an awesome recording...you're outraged and disrespectful?

I agee with 1565...this is so, so, SO close to euthanization.

hshduppsnt
07-14-2009, 09:33 PM
No fucking way is it okay to say that about Dexter on his own website.

I mis-spoke, just saying people are entitled to be annoyed, just like other people probably Loved the show tonight was what I was getting at, nothing about what is getting posted here. Agreed I think its unreasonable, and agreed you dont come on here starting three threads asking for an apology.

Little_Miss_1565
07-14-2009, 09:33 PM
I agee with 1565...this is so, so, SO close to euthanization.

Fuck it, I'm there already. Dexter is way too nice of a guy to let this guy continue confusing an opinion with inappropriate levels of disrespect.