PDA

View Full Version : Had fun in Charlotte

lillychr
07-14-2009, 10:37 PM
I don't think the Offspring owes me anything. I thought the band sounded great.I was happy they did play "The Meaning of Life". If I had to point out one thing I didn't get to hear Hammerhead. And $10 beers? wtf

brothadave79
07-14-2009, 10:39 PM
I was happy they did play "The Meaning of Life". If I had to point out one thing I didn't get to hear Hammerhead. And $10 beers? wtf

Yeah, I was hoping they'd play that in NYC instead of Walla Walla, so it's awesome you got to hear it! And that is a ridiculous price for a Dixie cup sized beer. At least, that's how small they were in New York.

KHWHD
07-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Glad you had a great time at the show. And they were $9.75 here, for a normal sized canned beer.

hshduppsnt
07-14-2009, 10:46 PM
glad to hear you had a good time!

islesfan
07-14-2009, 11:27 PM
i just back home from charlotte.uploading my pics and vids.show was shortened somewhat tonight,but still it kicked ass!!!i'll be back tomorrow with pics and a longer review.

_Lost_
07-15-2009, 08:28 AM
i thought it was a fantastic setlist. Yeah dexter's voice is strained. it happens. It was still an awesome setlist that tore that place up like a freight train. and, though the offspring wasn't able to come by when we were waiting after the show, the aussie guy came out told me he'd give them the covers cd we did. :D

Free?
07-15-2009, 08:45 AM
the aussie guy came out told me he'd give them the covers cd we did. :D

Oh man, say it again please.

[hard nipples]

_Lost_
07-15-2009, 08:53 AM
yeah i know right!

Little_Miss_1565
07-15-2009, 09:07 AM
though the offspring wasn't able to come by when we were waiting after the show, the aussie guy came out told me he'd give them the covers cd we did. :D

That's super sweet. But you know, I have a feeling he knows the project was finished and is awesome even before. :)

But seriously $10 beers?! This may be the only time anything was cheaper in NYC. $6 for a can of beer in a plastic cup.

Glad people had fun!

randman21
07-15-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm sad that that's the last time I'll get to see them for a while! Anyway, I had a complete blast last night, but I'll always cherish Nashville because the crowd was crazier there. Just nuts. The Charlotte setlist was 1000x better, though. The only thing that was missing was HAMMERHEAD!

_Lost_
07-15-2009, 12:14 PM
That's super sweet. But you know, I have a feeling he knows the project was finished and is awesome even before. :)

*wink wink nudge nudge*??

lol I just wanted to give them an actual copy. Especially since I redid some of the songs and made it better than before. :D

And what randy said one freaking thousand times better than i've ever seen before. I no longer take issue to the fact that my ticket cost me $52 after venue and livenation "convenience" fees. TOTALLY WORTH IT!

islesfan
07-15-2009, 03:53 PM
well i'm home from work and just reliving last night through the videos i took as we speak.look for them to start popping up on youtube soon.

http://www.youtube.com/SCislanderfan

my friend and i LOVED the concert!so did everyone else around us.my only gripe was with the sound guy during Sum 41 (vocals and guitar not NEAR loud enough).the venue is amazing.it will be a really nice place once they get some tenants to occupy all the empty spaces around the Music Factory.i thought it would be near completed with bars and restaraunts like i had read but the place was still 90% unoccupied.we got up there around 5:30.we went straight to the box office to get our tickets at will call.we were starving and had to drive back into the city to find a place to eat.we found a subway about 3 miles up the road.
the venue layout was really nice.even if you were standing against the fence in the lawn area,you still had a great view of the stage.i wasn't sure what to expect from Frank Turner having read the reviews of the crowds in NY and NJ.i thought he was pretty good.the 2 songs that stuck our for me was "punk rock saved my life" and his closing number "me and all my friends".he had a good sense of humor and his intros to the somgs were pretty funny.
i liked sum 41 as well.they started their set with everyone sitting except for 2 guys that were standing up at the barracade.after the first song,the lead singer then asked if anyone would like to watch the rest of the show from up on the stage.of coarse the 2 guys that were standing up were picked immediately.then the whole front of the floor filled in with people hoping to get up on stage.i love when bands do stuff like that to get the crowd into it.
the one guy that was standing with his friend was singing along to every song from up on stage.i'm sure he'll be talking about this show to his friends for the next 20 years.lol.i knew a few of their songs and enjoyed their set a lot (except for the crappy sound).
the offspring came out and ROCKED!yes his voice was off a little but the band was tight and the crowd was totally into it which more then made up for any shortcomings.i had no complaints whatsoever with their performance.
the intermission was laugh out loud!great show all around.thanks to the offspring and their crew for a truly enjoyable night of live music!come back to the Carolinas soon (only next time come to South Carolina).i'll post links to pics tomorrow after i sort out the good from the bad.