PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte NC concert Samples

univonc
07-15-2009, 07:31 AM
I am currently editing my recording and it appears to be probably one of my best.

That being said, the recorder picked up a very strained and tired voice, and charlotte was the recipient of 3 straight days in the northeast over the weekend with 36 hour rest.

That being said, I remain strong that I was extremely disappointed, but i understand. It has also been mentioned that the set was short as well.

The file is in wave format and should play without a hitch. It was recorded in 96/24 which is DVD audio quality.

I will liberate the concert once I upload it on another website.

Let me know what you think of the recording:

BAD HABIT (134 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PLTDPI74

KHWHD
07-15-2009, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the download Bill. Yes, Dexter does sound very strained and tired. Poor guy. :( He's over doing it I think.

univonc
07-15-2009, 08:00 AM
Shank,

It is really amazing what the ear hears, brain interprets, and then you make a conclusion. however the recorder is the true unbiased judge.

I am editing the recording and I have come to some very rational based conclusions:

First, the 3 days straight last weekend was a CLEAR mistake on Dexter's voice. He needs a break.

second, now I understand why they did not do "Gone Away". It would have really sucked. They couldn't take the chance on exposing his strained voice when it is clear and the guitars couldn't hide it.,

i think hammerhead was based on time constraints (11 pm curfew).

Third, and most importantly. The soundboards guys did a kick ass job making the band sound so good. There was a thin guy with glasses, who indirectly clued me in that Dexter was not doing well. They take a lot of proud in their work and when i called them out last night about the short setlist, they first got that pissed look, but when i told them i had waited since 1994 to see them they kinda backed off.

I explained that the sound was awesome, but the setlist was too short and we got "sold out". I thanked them a for job well done and told them to be careful on their way to Florida and have a safe trip.

Got home, vented on board. Took a few lumps, and went to bed.

however,the recording is a collector's dream. This will show just how tired and strained his voice was. Also, setlist shake ups are always fun.....

"it is only a memory unless someone records it...."

_Lost_
07-15-2009, 08:31 AM
the set list was pretty much up to par lengthwise from the last two times i saw them, except way more bitchin! It pwned from beginning to end! Me and randy discussed afterwards about the pure pwnge it had.

univonc
07-15-2009, 08:42 AM
The crowd was electric and NEVER sat down. Even this 45 year old man acted the fool singing and yelling "you stupid dumsh$t god dam mother fukker!!!!!"

(which incidently was in the background of my recording)

Little_Miss_1565
07-15-2009, 09:12 AM
Constantly repeating that you were "shorted" because they cut 2 songs is not going to magically make it true. It is a totally bummer and I am sorry you missed those songs, because they are awesome live. But dude. Give it a rest.

_Lost_
07-15-2009, 09:33 AM
meh... i'm not really a fan of hammerhead live and there was such a good energy in the crowd that i don't think goneaway was needed to cool it off like it was in nashville.

univonc
07-15-2009, 01:15 PM
Lost,

Point taken. i think I had on my head and when I went back and looked at the setlist. I was clearly wrong. for some reason i thought there were 18 songs, but there were 20 (including intermission).

My apologies to all.

Still would have loved to hear Hammerhead, but as a Genesis fan you never get "Supper's Ready" at every show....

chriiis
07-15-2009, 01:49 PM
The sound quality is really good, you had done a great job at this concert, i hope you had fun too.
Is understandable that after so many concerts, the voice of Dexter felt a bit tired, but he's not far from the 50 years and his voice is still amazing!

Where you will to upload the full show? (:

Zee
07-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Oh man, his voice sounds really suffered. I wonder how will he survive the last gig on their North American tour this Saturday since it will be third in a row too... let's hope for the best and not a single cancelled gig on their two month period.

Last time in Finland Dexter also had problems with his health beforehand... he cancelled all the interviews and they cut Bad Habit out (it was on the list), the length was 55min but it was still the best gig I've ever been to. Would like to mention that it was a club gig. ;) So please just be satisfied that they didn't cancel the whole show, it was damn close in here too last time.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
07-15-2009, 04:30 PM
dont really care if the set list is short
i just care that they play good rare songs that aren't singles. they always play the same thing

MeanBob
07-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Wow, the quality sounds amazing!

But, man, poor Dexter :(. He needs a break. He really sounded bad