PDA

View Full Version : Fucking Weather in this Country

HornyPope
01-21-2005, 08:17 PM
It's been -25 for the past few days now and the fucking plumbing system froze entierly so it exploded and the water started leaking from everywhere in the house. We had to shut down the electricity and the heat. Soon enough the Landlord came with the plumbers and they fixed it all but not before we had to spend 4 hours in the Quebec cold. Even the water dripping in the kitchen had already turned to ice. Luckily it's all fixed now.

The weather gets insanely crazy sometimes. You can't stay outside for more than 5 minutes. And the wind, doesn't matter which way you're facing, ALWAYS BLOWS AT YOUR FACE. Holy gay!

Camilamazed
01-21-2005, 08:23 PM
That's great everything turned out fine ehehe :D

Tired_Of_You
01-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Yeah, it was really cold. Why Quebec is in the North? I want it to be in the South...And the temperature is weird, if Météo Média is right ( which would surprise me ) it will be around -1 in a couple of days. We'll see. I hate winter...Since I'm always late in the morning, I always come outside with only my coat so I'm always dying while I'm waiting for my goddam bus. Have you seen what the temperature will be tomorrow? Another -25. Yay!

Great it's all fixed in your house. I wouldn't want to feel the -25 during 4 hours.

leo3375
01-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Dude, Minneapolis (finally) got a snowstorm. An estimated 8 inches (or 20 centimeters) is expected by tomorrow morning.

Mota Boy
01-21-2005, 08:36 PM
Doesn't some pissant Caribbean island want to join Canada? I say that you take them up on their offer, then slaughter the inhabitants and move in.

HornyPope
01-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Remember when it was like -35 in the week from 22nd december till 27th? We were three of us just sitting under a blanket and feeding off each other's body heat while the heaters were turned on max. Luckily we were drugged (god bless drugs!) so playing cards, listening to music, reading jokes and telling each other stories didn't seem so bad. Then only last week it was +15. Everything melted. And now its all frozen up again. Oh shit how I hate this.

Dude, Minneapolis (finally) got a snowstorm. An estimated 8 inches (or 20 centimeters) is expected by tomorrow morning.

Snowstorms are no big deal. Only bitch is the plowing and the road conditions, but at least you don't die off cold everytime you step off the door.

Doesn't some pissant Caribbean island want to join Canada? I say that you take them up on their offer, then slaughter the inhabitants and move in.

Too brutal. I'll just assign them reserves in the northern Canadian territories with the natives and swap the land. But seriously, i'd love an island with a nice tropic weather filled with Canadian population and social administration system. Linkage for the story?

Not Ozymandias
01-21-2005, 08:51 PM
Wow, it's almost like people aren't meant to live that far North...

ThrashedThrasher
01-21-2005, 08:59 PM
See, this is why I live on the west coast, weather like that doesn't occur.

Camilamazed
01-21-2005, 09:02 PM
I wish you all would live here ..The night is just beautiful and we would be around having a nice time talking :D

Rilex
01-21-2005, 09:04 PM
WOW, I would love that...

Mota Boy
01-21-2005, 09:04 PM
http://temagami.carleton.ca/jmc/cnews/17102003/feature.shtml

Funky-Munky
01-21-2005, 09:06 PM
i live in san fran

Funky-Munky
01-21-2005, 09:07 PM
life is better south of the border. Canada sucks.
ur rite it does

Tired_Of_You
01-21-2005, 09:16 PM
Remember when it was like -35 in the week from 22nd december till 27th? We were three of us just sitting under a blanket and feeding off each other's body heat while the heaters were turned on max. Luckily we were drugged (god bless drugs!) so playing cards, listening to music, reading jokes and telling each other stories didn't seem so bad. Then only last week it was +15. Everything melted. And now its all frozen up again. Oh shit how I hate this.

It was crazy. I had school that week (well, just before, 20, 21 and 22) and my bus is always late and it had to be really late the coldest days. My legs were hurting and I couldn't feel my hands anymore. I wonder how the homeless people (is it the right word?) are able to survive...I know they don't necessarily sleep outside...but anyway.

the original pyro
01-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Yesterday it was so cold I almost didnt go to school. I had to wear a coat in the morning. And it didnt get hot till about 11.

Actualy, this is the warmest winter I can remeber. I'm lovin it.

Offspring_01
01-21-2005, 09:26 PM
life is better south of the border. Canada sucks.

Why? because its a little too chilly here? Cold is nothing as long as you dress for it. I don't mind the cold. Its quite refreshing.

nitropenguin!
01-21-2005, 09:32 PM
I fucking hate the cold in Canada. It gets worse and worse every year. My right ear is still cherry red from going to school this morning. Like a blood vessel popped or something =s hurts.

Sunny
01-21-2005, 09:33 PM
we're expecting a snowstorm tomorrow. ugh -dreads-

Linda
01-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Gosh.....I love California! :D

Tired_Of_You
01-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Linda...please...don't say that another time =(

Offspring_01
01-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Like a blood vessel popped or something =s hurts.

Damn, that sucks. I hate the cold if im not well dressed for it. But if my face is almost covered and I have a hat and gloves and a good jacket, I don't care about the cold. But if I popped a blood vessel because of the cold, I'd be super pissed off.

Linda
01-21-2005, 09:40 PM
Gosh.....I love California!

hehehe ;)

the original pyro
01-21-2005, 09:41 PM
its one thing not to dislike the cold

but I actually ENJOY warm weather. Especially when I live 2 minutes from the gulf of mexico.

Tired_Of_You
01-21-2005, 09:43 PM
$%&??$%&*$?#@

I'm thinking about living 6 months in California and the other 6 in Quebec. The temperature would always be nice. lol. Well, winter is not so bad...it depends.

plastic_letterz
01-21-2005, 09:45 PM
we're expecting a snowstorm tomorrow. ugh -dreads-

its gonna suck cause it suppose to be alot in certain areas. At least thats what heard on TV.

Betty
01-21-2005, 10:19 PM
During the really cold week, I went skiiing, and I believe it was the coldest thing I have ever done in my life. Going higher in altitude with lots of wind on the chairlifts and then skiing down and having your face/hands/feet go numb. The air made my head so cold through my hood and toque that it felt like a really bad icecream headache but without the icecream.

The last few days have been really cold (below -20), but I dressed warm so it wasn't too bad. And I have really expensive electric heat in my house which is bad for the price, but awesome cause I can pump up the heat in my bedroom. I walked to school this morning so fast cause I was late (20 min walk in about 16 min) and even though it was cold, I was sweating so much, so walking fast to school is really good for keeping warm.

Those are my cold anecdotes. Hope it doesn't snow tomorrow cause I wanna go on a roadtrip. Where I live back home snow isn't a big deal at all and people drive in it all the time, but around here a light flurry is like the end of the world.

Sunny
01-21-2005, 10:25 PM
haha i'm actually considering going to grad school in Cali. CAUSE ITS NOT SO FUCKING COLD THERE :( :( :( and its nice too... rarr..

Sunny
01-21-2005, 10:26 PM
its gonna suck cause it suppose to be alot in certain areas. At least thats what heard on TV.

christ.. better not be a lot in NYC. i fucking hated it last year when EVERY GOD DAMNED COLLEGE closed because of the snow and MY college didn't. rarrmgjdfng

plastic_letterz
01-21-2005, 10:30 PM
christ.. better not be a lot in NYC. i fucking hated it last year when EVERY GOD DAMNED COLLEGE closed because of the snow and MY college didn't. rarrmgjdfng

lol that happens to me too. I watch tv in the morning to see if my school closed and it never does. I hate the weather here. If its not blistering cold in the winter then its freakishly hot in the summer.

Mota Boy
01-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Pshaw, how about this - I witnessed the only time in the history of my high school that we got a snow day. High school in Massachusetts and we got one snow day off in the entire history of the school, and I ended up getting trapped there. My brothers in the South would have a couple inches of snow and get off for three days.

HornyPope
01-22-2005, 12:14 AM
Good initiative on the carribean Island. Good, but short sighted. When i'm in charge of running this country, i'll annex the whole of Cuba. I'll use up my good argumentative skills to convince all of Canada: to the leftists, I will promise to inject billions of dollars to help the poor Cuban children; to the Spanish migrants-turned-citizens, I will promise to draw lessons from the rich Latin culture; to the Canadian corporations I will promise a virgin land to invest their billions; ditto for small and medium companies only on a lesser extent; to the old I will promise a retirement place; to the young I will promise a girls-gone-wild paradise; to the war hawks I will promise to build a naval military base in the pacific; to the peaceniks I will promise... ah who gives a fucking shit about them--the hippies never vote anyways, what the fuck are they gonna do to shatter my plans? As for the Cubans, i'll bribe the fuck out of whoever's in charge and the rest will naturally follow my idea. But to soften up the transition, i'll promise a distinct Cuban society (like Quebec), with their own language, flag and provincial elections. Just like they always were. Only billions dollars richer.

Thus, with the country marvelling at the idea and the Cubans embracing the Canukistan Commonwealth, i'll station our proud and mighty Canadian Royal Pacific Fleet with Grand Admiral Fuckknowswho at the head on his magnificent Nova Scotian fishing boat, HMS Victory II (a tribute to Neslon). The rest of the task force will consist of exactly--behold!--zero aircraft carriers, zero battleships, two cruisers, three destroyers, two transport ships we will confiscate from Paul Martin's company, five wooden yachts with a single engine, one Unterseeboot class VIIC (circa '43) that we recovered misteriously sank on the coast of Newfoundland once, and of course, the core of the fleet, the seventy-two fishing boats packed with angry Quebecois lumberjacks holding an axe in one hand and a cigarette in the other. We will sail straight at the Americans in Pearl Harbour proudly waving the red Maple Leaf, board their over-hyped and over-rated Yankee aircraft carriers with the help of rope ladders, massacre the sailors and marines that were too incompetent to be sent to Iraq, set the ships ablaze, and run away to our peace-loving country. The Americans will blame the Japanese of course. So when they turn whatever's left of their fleet to fight off the Nips, we set sail again and land undetected on the Western coast and proceed to liberate the opressed Americans from the tyranical Bush regime.

Victory will be ours!

ShitBoy
01-22-2005, 12:19 AM
I feel sorry for people that live in Canada. It's always cold there. It's cold in Russia, too. The women in Russia are easy. Especially the old ones, they are so desperate for sex, they just grab me and rush into the bedroom. Then they die.

SicN Twisted
01-22-2005, 12:24 AM
I only visit Canada in the summertime, for good reason.

ShitBoy
01-22-2005, 12:26 AM
That guy in your avatar is like, soooooooooo HOT.

OmG LolSloLXolLolZlZOlZLOlZ.

the_GoDdEsS
01-22-2005, 12:31 AM
We had a snowstorm two days ago and it has not stopped snowing since. This is just insane.

ShitBoy
01-22-2005, 12:35 AM
I like old people.

Betty
01-22-2005, 01:47 AM
Wow, that was REALLY good. However this:

two transport ships we will confiscate from Paul Martin's company

made me laugh the most of all.

Izie
01-22-2005, 02:14 AM
Belgian wind sucks as much as Canadian does.

I want to live on a tropical island. *frowns at the cold*

Vicky
01-22-2005, 02:37 AM
hmmm. the weather here is crap. well.. it is england. we've been attacked by frontal systems and ever so lovley polar winds the past however many weeks (wooh.. guess who's learning about british weather in geography!..) and the winds have been so strong! upto 110mph up in scotland.. and lots of rain causing floods, roofs flying off houses (ok, it wasn't a whole roof.. just a lot of tiles and the bit below it..), boats going over weirs.. random snow that doesn't settle, more rain, hail, then it'll be sunny for about 15minutes, then it all happens again. Oh the joys of british weather....

Mota Boy
01-22-2005, 10:53 AM
So when they turn whatever's left of their fleet to fight off the Nips, we set sail again and land undetected on the Western coast and proceed to liberate the opressed Americans from the tyranical Bush regime.

Victory will be ours!
Brilliant strategy. You forget, however, that the most heavily armed force in the world, even before the American army, is the American populace. For the coastal cities, we have heavily armed street gangs, fueled by cocaine in the tradition of Incan warriors. Our urban cops have had decades of training against these criminals, and what they lack in terms of firepower they've learned to make up in organization and corruption. The lumberjacks won't be here for more than five minutes before they're identified as poor immigrants, shot and have crack planted on them.

Then, if you decide to circumvent the cities and instead invade rural areas, you'll be facing off against the great American redneck. People from the countryside, even in California, are overwhelmingly red-staters. You'll arrive to "liberate" them from Bush and end up glued to the grill of an F-150, with Cletus riding shotgun with a shotgun, blasting everything in sight... and that's just the routine response to foreigners, when they learn that you're coming to invade you'll be facing off against so many gun-wielding trailor-trash that you'd think you were the result of a homosexual marriage between General Sherman and Martin Luther King Jr.

What, think it might be easier to just head straight down? Then you Canucks will run into the deadliest of Americans, the right-wing, mid-west gun nut survivalist. You poor bastards. They've been hunkered down for years, expecting a war with the U.S. government at any minute. You think AK-47s and IEDs are bad? Just wait until you face a garrison of Freemen armed with varmint-hunting rifles and U-Hauls packed with fertilizer. You'd be painting the prarie red before you could even say "eh".

Linda
01-22-2005, 11:18 AM
*sighs* I LOVE CALIFORNIA!!!!!!!!! :)

UgLy_eLf
01-22-2005, 11:45 AM
"Snowstorms are no big deal. Only bitch is the plowing and the road conditions, but at least you don't die off cold everytime you step off the door. "

It's been -30 in MPLS for weeks, this snow storm is a great relief its finally starting to warm up, my friends called it a "heat wave" when we finally hit 20 degrees...

HornyPope
01-22-2005, 11:58 AM
Unlike the Japanese, however, we will strike not in the wee hours of morning. You don't wake up a sleeping giant. We will infiltrate your bastions of strengh during prime time TV, conducting secret ops as you're watching the Apprentice and NFL playoffs--the NHL playoffs, on the opposite hand, when no American is found in the same room as his television, is an opportune time for a breather. The first step is to strike down all fast-food joints thereby denying you any access to your cuisine. No one but the survivalist-redneck who has the supplies to last a nuclear holocaust--and you thought they were crazy!--will bare such harsh punishment. Millions will flock to surrender to new Canadian authorities in return for a burger on the first day. Many will come armed, but listen to this Canadian witt for its our nationa pride, prior to the invasion we will hire Hollywood celebrities and gun-victims to stage protests to force Wall-Mart and K-Mart to stop the sale of ammo, and with the large chains abandoning the practice, gun-totting rednecks will no longer have a supplier for bullets. Because no one else in American sells bullets. Right? Right?

Faced with the prospect of starvation and, more importantly, no guns to shoot in your spare time, versus surrendering to a country few knew even existed, many will opt for the latter. The embracement of surrendering to worse of all things the French is hard to overcome but the sweet irony of ironies in the act at least leaves one with a giggle and a once-impossible story to tell to grandchildren. "Once we surrendered to the French". - "No way!". "Oh yes, and I tells ya they were at least this big and this many". -"Grandpa, you're telling stories again". "Oh no, it's the truth, son".

You, for one, should welcome your new Canadian overlords.

OddOneOut_Bassist
03-26-2006, 08:39 AM
i live in Newfoundland.... we had the power gone for 2 days and it was like -20 in my house.... we spent the day in our snowsuits in our house on our couch bundled up in blankets.. until we went to a friends house with a woodstove as ours was broken... anyway consider yourself lucky sometimes... we got 2 snowstorms on top of eachother that same 2 days too so it was crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

wheelchairman
03-26-2006, 08:57 AM
it snowed again.

Tizzalicious
03-26-2006, 09:00 AM
Way to bump a thread that's over a year old.

JoY
03-26-2006, 09:01 AM
I saw a post from Vicky & wuz lyke, omgz!

Jakebert
03-26-2006, 09:27 AM
The weather here is stupid. We had a warm winter and now in March it decides to be cold.

Endymion
03-26-2006, 09:36 AM
holy shit, how'd i miss this topic before?

Demon_of_Debauchery
03-26-2006, 09:40 AM
here the weather is shit and it has been raining for the past week

sKratch
03-26-2006, 11:45 AM
Way to bump a thread that's over a year old.
Pfff way to have most of your posts in +/- and photo album.

Tizzalicious
03-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Pfff way to have most of your posts in +/- and photo album.

pwn3d :(