PDA

View Full Version : Big czechoslovakian and polish appeal

lucys_bad_habit
07-16-2009, 11:46 AM
Hey Dexter! I don't want to be blatant or anything, but I've got one question. There is a huge community of Slovak, Czech and Polish users from this BBS who attend your first gig here in Slovakia, so I just wanted to ask if it is possible to meet you somewhere around and make some photos. 5 minutes will be enough. Last year when you were in Czech Republic almost none of us could go, and considering that you don't mind meeting your fans it would be great if you could meet with us. Please do it for us, we all love you. Thanks for taking my post into consideration :)

Tomasisko
07-16-2009, 11:47 AM
*whole band :cool:

dff_punk
07-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Yes, we all from our countries have been thinking and pondering about this for a long time. Considering that *at least* Dexter reads these forums on some basis, I hope this thread will be rightfully understood and it will not be deleted or something :)

Offspring-Junkie
07-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Hey Dexter! I don't want to be blatant or anything, but I've got one question. There is a huge community of Slovak, Czech and Polish users from this BBS who attend your first gig here in Slovakia, so I just wanted to ask if it is possible to meet you somewhere around and make some photos. 5 minutes will be enough. Last year when you were in Czech Republic almost none of us could go, and considering that you don't mind meeting your fans it would be great if you could meet with us. Please do it for us, we all love you. Thanks for taking my post into consideration :)

This is so true. Slavs are all into The Offspring. More than Americans probably. Not by number, but percentage.

Drafan
07-16-2009, 11:58 AM
I think we already produced huge ammount of activity (and posts) to get attention, but hell, we want more, a chance to see the band in some calmer spot, not squeezed in the crowd 20 metres from them :confused:

mrs_hollandova
07-16-2009, 01:38 PM
Oooh yeah, just 5 minutes please!!! We love you soooooooo much!!!

edit: Ou, and there will be fans from Hungary as well!

KHWHD
07-16-2009, 02:01 PM
You're asking what 10 million other fans want.

mrs_hollandova
07-16-2009, 02:02 PM

Oh, here she comes... here she comes again... Please, ignore us Shank. Thank you.

KHWHD
07-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Oh, here she comes... here she comes again... Please, ignore us Shank. Thank you.

What? I'm just telling you the truth. Stop begging, it's very unbecoming.

holland25
07-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Except for a minor detail that they've never been to Slovakia, so we never had a chance to meet them...

dff_punk
07-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Does anything in this thread seem to you like begging? ...

zsk
07-16-2009, 02:31 PM

yes thats right,but keep dreaming ;)

KHWHD
07-16-2009, 02:35 PM
The point is we all know that The Offspring have many, many fans and 9 times out of 10 - almost every single one of them would love more than anything to meet Dexter and/or the entire band.

I thought you guys already had something semi already set up with Oxy?

dff_punk
07-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Yes, Oxy will come to the gig, but we can only hope if he will try to help us out in any way.. its not like he will come there with the band or something...

And Shank, I was expecting way more empathy from someone who has a picture of herself and Dexter in her avatar :p

KHWHD
07-16-2009, 02:42 PM
And Shank, I was expecting way more empathy from someone who has a picture of herself and Dexter in her avatar :p

Hey, I worked damn hard in winning you know! Wasn't just handed to me. :p ;)

zsk
07-16-2009, 02:44 PM
so shank be realy happy,because you met them!
i think i'll never have this lucky moment:(

lucys_bad_habit
07-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Except for a minor detail that they've never been to Slovakia, so we never had a chance to meet them...

damn right...
n we can only hope.....at least :D

brothadave79
07-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Hey, I worked damn hard in winning you know! Wasn't just handed to me. :p ;)

Haha I met them by dumb luck!

slagod
07-17-2009, 12:43 AM
I put my signature under this entreaty :D
That would be awesome!

Oxygene
07-17-2009, 01:21 AM
Yes, Oxy will come to the gig, but we can only hope if he will try to help us out in any way.. its not like he will come there with the band or something...

actually I ALWAYS try to help..and shank has a point... everyone wants to meet them, or at least say they do... but it's almost always on their own terms "yeah they need to come to my country, and to my city, and I don't wanna wait more than 5 minutes"

Meeting 30 people at the same time is impossible anyway, unless it's a big "get in line you have 20 seconds to say hi get an autograph" organized meet n greet. I've helped fuckloads of people get autographs and shit by pointing the fans in the right direction of where they have to wait, or telling the band where they were waiting.

I've been to a large majority of the shows (if not every show) in the past 10 years which were close to where the big appeal comes from and the truth is, even if there were fans that gathered around to try and meet the band, they usually left after 30 minutes. After rock for people we waited for about an hour and half, and during the whole thing I saw 0 fans at the backstage entrance, everyone had left. Even the fire works didn't arouse any interest. Although now that I think of it the backstage entrance was a bit tricky to get to.. even so.

I wish I could help everyone, but the truth is I only dare help people I know I can trust.. I can't risk taking some psycho idiot backstage who'll act up, and do something really stupid. I know it sucks but at least I'm honest an open about it (most of the people who hover around these boards, who have that kind of pull won't talk about this stuff). Plus the large marjority of the people who ask me to help wouldn't trust me with a dead cat let alone something like this, which adds to the duality.

Bottom line: those that have the endurance and make the sacrifice of waiting patiently and going to a few gigs have a near 100% success ratio of meeting them getting a picture and an autograph at least. Those that go to one gig, get bored of waiting and go and try to get laid 15 minutes after the band leaves the stage... not so much :D

Here's an idea, let's meet up before the show, and I'll try and find out what options there could be.. but there are some very specific limitations to this sort of thing, and people who have an issue with that should exclude themselves. If you want to discuss this in further detail we should do it some place private, but let's stop the flaming and arguing, and especially this emotional black mail.. it's not nice.

offkaa
07-17-2009, 02:21 AM
i will be present also... I can't wait! it is not original but meet THEM :cool:
it's more than i can imagine :O

dff_punk
07-17-2009, 03:52 AM
Here's an idea, let's meet up before the show, and I'll try and find out what options there could be.. but there are some very specific limitations to this sort of thing, and people who have an issue with that should exclude themselves. If you want to discuss this in further detail we should do it some place private, but let's stop the flaming and arguing, and especially this emotional black mail.. it's not nice.

Okay dude, thanks for all the help and support. If anything sounded too harsh from our side, I am sorry and I completely understand. My idea is that at some point on saturday we will all meet up. We will discuss the "when and where" someplace else(gotta think where, some social group maybe, or even some place on the net excluded from the BBS).

_Lost_
07-17-2009, 04:01 AM
My advice would be that if you can't get something planned, there is almost always a group waiting by the buses after the show to meet them. Obviously, they don't actually ride the buses for the most part, but thats where they would know to find you.

Me, Randy, and about 30 other people waited for more than an hour to try to meet them after the charlotte show, but then scotty (awesome aussie guy) gave us the unfortunate news that they had to catch a plane and didn't have any time left at the venue to come out and see us. This may be the case at that show. It happens pretty often, but maybe you guys will get lucky.

slagod
07-17-2009, 04:08 AM
Yes, we have to get contacts from each other.
Other thing, we also should make the private forum for meet&greet

Thomas
07-17-2009, 03:35 PM
My advice would be that if you can't get something planned, there is almost always a group waiting by the buses after the show to meet them. Obviously, they don't actually ride the buses for the most part, but thats where they would know to find you.

Me, Randy, and about 30 other people waited for more than an hour to try to meet them after the charlotte show, but then scotty (awesome aussie guy) gave us the unfortunate news that they had to catch a plane and didn't have any time left at the venue to come out and see us. This may be the case at that show. It happens pretty often, but maybe you guys will get lucky.

That's pretty much exactly what happened to me, too. I managed to catch a glimpse of Dexter as he got into his van, but that was it.

mrs_hollandova
07-18-2009, 06:24 AM
That's pretty much exactly what happened to me, too. I managed to catch a glimpse of Dexter as he got into his van, but that was it.

lucky you!!! :mad: :p

Drafan
07-18-2009, 10:05 AM

Tell us something we don´t know

slagod
07-30-2009, 06:46 AM
Hey guys, maybe write here who want to meet the band after
the Budzogan and we will make the list
and we will discuss later on the private place or sth

mrs_hollandova
07-30-2009, 06:50 AM
LOL everyone wants to meet the band :D

slagod
07-30-2009, 06:53 AM
i don't think so.
Maybe everyone who watch this thread.
Look at the thread Berlin show - there were only 10 places
and there weren't any arguing who would meet and greet and who not

Tomasisko
07-30-2009, 07:12 AM
ok no problem to write a list :D

slagod
07-30-2009, 07:15 AM
I see only about 10 people who write on this thread so far :)

mrs_hollandova
07-30-2009, 07:16 AM
List? All slovak people, all czech people and slagod :) + maybe some hungarians.

slagod
07-30-2009, 07:20 AM
Ok: so concrete, how many people from CZK and SLV will be?
From Poland - me, my sister Olciak (also present on BBS)

mrs_hollandova
07-30-2009, 07:24 AM
LOL Olciak :D Funny word.
Now let me think... :rolleyes:
Slovakia - holland25, dff_punk, Lucy, dexterone, Tomasisko, JANNY, mrs_hollandova
Czechia :D - 2 people I think

slagod
07-30-2009, 07:31 AM
LOL Olciak :D Funny word.
Now let me think... :rolleyes:
Slovakia - holland25, dff_punk, Lucy, dexterone, Tomasisko, JANNY, mrs_hollandova
Czechia :D - 2 people I think

So, 11 people from three countries and you guys think it's everyone?
Maybe everyone only says they want meet the band... ;)

mrs_hollandova
07-30-2009, 07:34 AM
it's not official list! wait until everyone will read it

holland25
07-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Czech Republic: Macko, Smash punker and Drafan
Slovak Republic: Anka, dff_punk, dexterka, lucys_bad_habit, MotaGirlSisa, TommyHot, Kalo13, dexterone, mrs_hollandova, me, JANNY, Tomasisko and Davo (although I don't think we'll meet him).

Gustavo
07-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Shank, we all know that almost every fan would love to meet the band, you've had your time with them, I know how awesome that must have been for you, don't you think that other fans would want to experience that, too?
And Oxygene, I spent more than 10 hours in front of the hotel to try to meet the band and I did not, it hurts me to know that in the concerts you went to, if the fans wanted to meet the band, all they had to do was wait a couple of hours... I wish I'd had this opportunity in the concert I went to. :(

KHWHD
07-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Davo (although I don't think we'll meet him).

Aren't you 2 best buds? ;) :p

KHWHD
07-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Shank you've had your time with them

I didn't meet the entire band - I met Dexter and Noodles. There's a HUGE difference.

slagod
07-30-2009, 08:10 AM
Czech Republic: Macko, Smash punker and Drafan
Slovak Republic: Anka, dff_punk, dexterka, lucys_bad_habit, MotaGirlSisa, TommyHot, Kalo13, dexterone, mrs_hollandova, me, JANNY, Tomasisko and Davo (although I don't think we'll meet him).

I don't get the sentence: Davo (although I don't think we'll meet him).
He will on the fest?

holland25
07-30-2009, 08:14 AM
I don't think that we'll meet Davo, he's probably afraid of us knowing him personally.

slagod
07-30-2009, 08:16 AM
Ah, ok :)
he told you that?

holland25
07-30-2009, 08:19 AM
No, but all Slovaks know his nature, and I'm sure he wouldn't want to meet us.

slagod
07-30-2009, 08:22 AM
:) fuck, I don't know whether you kidding or not

holland25
07-30-2009, 08:27 AM
I'm not kidding, believe me. I firmed up almost all his BANs, half of us hate him and we already threatened him that we will beat him, when we meet him.

Tomasisko
07-30-2009, 08:28 AM
he is not kidding. davo is a motherfucker. if we will meet him, we will kick his ass. that's all

Tomasisko
07-30-2009, 08:30 AM
back to the meeting with the band pls. how can the name list helps us?

Gustavo
07-30-2009, 08:31 AM
I didn't meet the entire band - I met Dexter and Noodles. There's a HUGE difference.

I know you met Dexter and Noodles only, but you know what I meant by saying that... It must have been awesome to meet Dexter and Noodles, other fans just want to have some sort of experience like that. I know that not everyone is lucky like some of the BBSers here, but they HAVE to try, don't they?
You wouldn't have met Dexter and Noodles if you hadn't tried.

PS -- You met Noodles, I have enough reason to envy you for the rest of my life. :P

KyleW
07-30-2009, 08:35 AM

In Greg's case theres a good 8" difference.

Oxygene
08-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Shank, we all know that almost every fan would love to meet the band, you've had your time with them, I know how awesome that must have been for you, don't you think that other fans would want to experience that, too?
And Oxygene, I spent more than 10 hours in front of the hotel to try to meet the band and I did not, it hurts me to know that in the concerts you went to, if the fans wanted to meet the band, all they had to do was wait a couple of hours... I wish I'd had this opportunity in the concert I went to. :(

I wouldn't know about that.. hotels aren't a good place to meet them I don't think. The best time to meet them is an hour or two after the show, when they unwind.

Gustavo
08-01-2009, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't know about that.. hotels aren't a good place to meet them I don't think. The best time to meet them is an hour or two after the show, when they unwind.

But the venue was so big that I didn't know from where they would leave, so... My only option was the hotel.

Oxygene
08-01-2009, 01:25 PM
But the venue was so big that I didn't know from where they would leave, so... My only option was the hotel.

security will tell you how and where they leave.. they don't let you near them but they'll tell you where they leave from.

Gustavo
08-01-2009, 01:31 PM
security will tell you how and where they leave.. they don't let you near them but they'll tell you where they leave from.

In Belo Horizontel they left from the venue like, 30 minutes after the concert ended... It was a big festival, and the security was horrible, the security guards were hostile. I tried to ask them, but they wouldn't answer.

Oxygene
08-01-2009, 01:33 PM
In Belo Horizontel they left from the venue like, 30 minutes after the concert ended... It was a big festival, and the security was horrible, the security guards were hostile. I tried to ask them, but they wouldn't answer.

sorry to hear that... you'll probably be a bit more lucky next time around ;)

The more shows you go to the higher your chances get :)

Gustavo
08-01-2009, 01:47 PM
sorry to hear that... you'll probably be a bit more lucky next time around ;)

The more shows you go to the higher your chances get :)

Yeah, I hope so. We'll see.
Maybe next time they come to Brazil. :)

Smash punker
08-10-2009, 07:04 AM
Wanna meet-em too, but it doesn´t have to be soon!!!! Like SK. Hell no. I believe that one day I´ll get my chance to meet the band. Kinda talk it out for like 5 mins n go. Don´t care, if it´s in 10,20,30 years, but I guess that for loyalty like that, I deserve at least little something? :D;)

lucys_bad_habit
08-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Wanna meet-em too, but it doesn´t have to be soon!!!! Like SK. Hell no. I believe that one day I´ll get my chance to meet the band. Kinda talk it out for like 5 mins n go. Don´t care, if it´s in 10,20,30 years, but I guess that for loyalty like that, I deserve at least little something? :D;)

same here :)

mental
08-10-2009, 07:21 PM
hey, count me in for meeting the band;]

mental
08-10-2009, 07:23 PM
inak planuje niekto vybehnut na stage a odspievat si nieco? co som pozeral fotky z minulych budzoganov, tak by to nemalo byt az tak nerealne

Tomasisko
08-11-2009, 04:27 AM
you'll be knocked down by bodyguards immediately :D

JANNY
08-11-2009, 05:05 AM

very nice message....:D

JANNY
08-11-2009, 05:06 AM
inak planuje niekto vybehnut na stage a odspievat si nieco? co som pozeral fotky z minulych budzoganov, tak by to nemalo byt az tak nerealne

ako pocas toho ked budu hrat myslis?

lucys_bad_habit
08-11-2009, 05:07 AM
very nice message....:D

nooo..ja som to len skopirovala :D inak matusova praca

Krojd
08-11-2009, 05:11 AM

Go for it!!! :D .. zkusit to můžeš, ale Tom to napsal docela jasně :)

JANNY
08-11-2009, 05:18 AM
nooo..ja som to len skopirovala :D inak matusova praca

no tak vas chvalim obidvoch ved ste sa obaja podielali na tom a odkial si to skopirovala uz to tu niekde pisal?:rolleyes:

mrs_hollandova
08-11-2009, 07:37 AM
bude to viac nez dobreeeeee, citim to :)

Smash punker
08-11-2009, 10:13 AM

Seš fakt mentál :D

JANNY
08-11-2009, 05:08 PM
bude to viac nez dobreeeeee, citim to :)

no ja zas pouzijem vetu ktoru mi raz matus povedal citujem_____toto nemoze nevyst____ a takto to vidim aj ja to bude zazitok a velmi velky na toto sa tak skoro co nikdy nezabudne hehe:D

holland25
08-12-2009, 02:26 AM
no tak vas chvalim obidvoch ved ste sa obaja podielali na tom a odkial si to skopirovala uz to tu niekde pisal?:rolleyes:

Ano, do volákerého Slovenského threadu.

Drafan
08-12-2009, 09:44 AM
I wanna see ya Dex!

JANNY
08-12-2009, 01:41 PM
I wanna see ya Dex!

you´re not only one I think we all wanna see dex and mainly all band:D

mental
08-12-2009, 04:09 PM
tak to vybehnutie zvazim na mieste, ale som nazoru, ze ak by som im na podiu nezavadzal a normalne spieval, ze osobne by proti tomu nic nemali;]

no kazdopadne ma uz napadla aj dalsia ''bezpecnejsia'' cesta, no uvidime jak sa zadari...tak pamatajte, ak uvidite fasa bezat k podiu, tak je to mental;)

mrs_hollandova
08-12-2009, 04:12 PM
aj ja chcem behat po podiu!