PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you caught anything from an Offspring Show?

jonbb11
07-17-2009, 01:12 AM
Yeah so have any of you guys caught anything from an Offspring show? Like a guitar or bass pick? Maybe a drumstick or a setlist? Or did you manage to snag something from a crewmember before or after the show?

For some reason I always like reading about these stories. I'm looking to start a collection of my own.

_Lost_
07-17-2009, 01:33 AM
then they threw out picks with offspringish artwork on them.

I was really disappointed the other day in charlotte when they threw all the freebie tshirts during intermission to people way behind me in the crowd. I didn't stick around long enough for noodles to toss his pick.

Little_Miss_1565
07-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Like 10 years ago Dexter crowdsurfed and I caught a boot to the back of the head...does that count? ;)

brothadave79
07-17-2009, 08:27 AM
Hanging out behind the Roseland Ballroom in NYC, someone dropped some setlists out the window to me, after making me promise I'd share. I did, and later got it signed by Deter and Noodles. It was magical. :p:D

And I caught a Papa Roach drumstick, when they played right before the Offspring in Camden. Does that count?

jonbb11
07-17-2009, 05:22 PM
haha yeah it all counts. if youve somehow caught something at a show or got something handed to you by a crewmember it all counts. ive yet to get anything from the Offspring, and so I'm carefully taking notes as to how I manage to get a pick. I don't know how often Dexter or Noodles throw picks out into the crowd. But it is a goal of mine to get a pick of theirs so Dexter or Noodles if you're reading... lemme know how I can pull that off.

It seems like i've caught a pick from every one of my other favorite bands except them. I'd like that to change real soon.

nameless
07-17-2009, 05:30 PM
despite the large amounts of gigs ive been to, ive never managed to catch anything that the bands throw out, they always get thrown to the area im not in!

KHWHD
07-17-2009, 05:48 PM
they always get thrown to the area im not in!

Haha. That reminds me of the Toronto show I went to 3 weeks ago. I was in the pit near the very front centre, but ended up moving to Gregs side of the stage during the last song (Self Esteem) because I was getting pushed into the barriers at the front and was almost suffocating. Dexter threw his pick out at the end of the show and it landed about 4 feet away from me but someone else picked it up... damnit! :(

IamSam
07-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Yeah so have any of you guys caught anything from an Offspring show?

Syphilis........

KHWHD
07-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Syphilis........

Ewww, dare I ask how? :eek: :D

Sheck0
07-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Syphilis........

Beat me to it (Although I was gonna go with Herpes)

yellow
07-18-2009, 01:07 AM
at the 1st Inland invasion show, i caught tigger the tiger!!!

offbeatblink
07-19-2009, 12:18 AM
At the Pompano Beach show, Noodles had a paper taped next to his set list the entire show and I was able to snag it after the show. It reads in large marker written letters "SHAVE IT UP BABY, DADDY'S COMIN' HOME!" I thought it was hilarious and I'm assuming it's referring to that being the last stop on the American tour and he's coming home to his loved one.

Mel_Off
07-19-2009, 01:37 PM
mmmm Almost!!... I've never caught drumsticks or anything cool like that at concerts. Only people around me do.. =$

After the show, i saw Noodles... but he didn't have a pick.. so he said.. "wait a minute..", and then he gave me one hair -one single hair-

Was really funny :D

Does that count? :D :cool:

Dexter's Offspring
07-19-2009, 03:31 PM
I caught a cold after getting rained on for four hours last night in Pompano.

RyanSabotage
07-19-2009, 08:59 PM
best topic name ever

Ryder1234
07-19-2009, 09:12 PM
I've never been able to go to an Offspring show, but at a Social D show, Mike Ness looked over where I was and called me and my friends up on stage to talk to us and shit. On the way off, there was a pick on the stage so I picked it up. Was afraid at first that it was one of the other bands', but then one of my friends caught Mike's pick and they were the same so I was pretty happy.

brothadave79
07-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Beat me to it (Although I was gonna go with Herpes)

Syphillis is funnier AND curable!

_Lost_
07-19-2009, 10:15 PM
if you wanna catch a pick, at all three shows i've been at, noodles tossed out a pick 3 or 4 people back directly in front of him. sometimes he'll toss out a handful of them. i've never caught one. i was in a prime location to catch one the last two times i saw them, but in charlotte i left right when they stopped playing because i didn't want to get stuck behind the crowd all the way out like at the show in nashville. it took like 15 minutes before we could get out of the gated area. in nashville, it bounced off the person right in front of me and someone else caught it. the first time i saw them i bailed on being in the front 5 songs from the end so i was nowhere close.