PDA

View Full Version : If what they say is true...

T_immortal
07-23-2009, 12:55 PM
And an album does come out in 2010 as intended, do you guys think it will help it's overall sales? A lot of people agree that the length of the gap between albums didn't help RAFRAG take off as well as it should have, considering the quality of the record.

Rutegard
07-23-2009, 01:12 PM
i think it could help yeah

KHWHD
07-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Hey turd. Let's hope so. ;)

Alex101
07-23-2009, 01:35 PM
And an album does come out in 2010 as intended, do you guys think it will help it's overall sales?

Yeah, it probably will.

mklemp92
07-23-2009, 02:56 PM
I think that it will help in the popularity standpoint. I believe that most casual listeners and people who listen to popular music sorta forgot about the offspring with the break between splinter and rafrag and didnt even know that they were still playing together. They will stilll have singles from rafrag playing when the next album comes out so my guess is that these singles will lead right into the next album and popular fans will like the next one more. More radio play too possibly

Outerspaceman21
07-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Sales? Hardly anyone buys records anymore. Records sales have been going downhill for the past decade, and not just the Offspring, but all across the board. Shit like iTunes and other filesharing sites are the reason. If a person wants a song they heard on the radio, they are going to skip buying the album and just download that one song off the internet. We've become a society of cheap s.o.b.'s.

_Way_Down_the_Line_
07-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Sales? Hardly anyone buys records anymore. Records sales have been going downhill for the past decade, and not just the Offspring, but all across the board. Shit like iTunes and other filesharing sites are the reason. If a person wants a song they heard on the radio, they are going to skip buying the album and just download that one song off the internet. We've become a society of cheap s.o.b.'s.

sadly so true..

Maria Cortez
07-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Positively, yes. :) :) :) :)

Outerspaceman21
07-23-2009, 07:28 PM
I hate to be pessimistic about this kind of thing, but honestly we have to be realistic. Besides, who cares about sales. As long as the Offspring keeps making rad records, I'm cool.

T_immortal
07-23-2009, 10:28 PM
I hate to be pessimistic about this kind of thing, but honestly we have to be realistic. Besides, who cares about sales. As long as the Offspring keeps making rad records, I'm cool.

I know completely where you're coming form man, and to go back to your earlier point a minute about no one buying records, that's definitely true to a degree, but a lot of other records are still seeing good to even great sales. It pains me even more that those records sometimes come from useless bands (in my opinion anyways) and meanwhile records like RAFRAG go overlooked.

But you're right, as long as their music kicks ass I'm good, but as one of the few bands I support it just makes me happier to see them do well :)

SweetTatyana
07-23-2009, 10:43 PM
I believe that most casual listeners and people who listen to popular music sorta forgot about the offspring with the break between splinter and rafrag and didnt even know that they were still playing together.

When I told people I was going to see Offspring this summer, like 4 or 5 people asked me when they got back together so very good pt!

Lets also hope that some lower record sales were due to economy?

_Lost_
07-24-2009, 04:08 AM
idk about sales (may help some. people DO still buy records. green day's new one sold a TON), but it will definitely help keep them from falling back off the map. hopefully when they release their new album single, i'll still be hearing yggfk daily on the radio.

jacknife737
07-24-2009, 02:24 PM
It certainly won't hurt.

File sharing certainly has severely impacted album sales, but that's not to say the band can't make improvements though. The band is back on the public's radar, and that's never a bad thing, there will most likely be a lot more interest at the initial release of the album.

IamSam
07-24-2009, 02:36 PM
They should put bonus songs only available through purchasing the album on iTunes or on the disc itself...although that isn't foolproof...

SMASHedTHEignition
07-24-2009, 04:25 PM

true, but this is the offspring, and even tho my step brother had all th albums of offspring downloaded i love em so much i bought everyone, and im gonna buy the new one the first day it comes out like i did with rf/rg and splinter

nameless
07-24-2009, 05:07 PM
i just dont feel the album they released was ever gonna have a huge impact purely because of the current trends in music. it is a good album, time moves on though!

Budzy
07-24-2009, 06:06 PM
idk about sales (may help some. people DO still buy records. green day's new one sold a TON),

Does anyone know the figures on what Greenday has sold with 21st Century Breakdown?
I was going to buy it the other day, but didn't have enough cash in the wallet. But it had something like 17 tracks and 2 of them were like Jesus Of Suburbia (that its divided into stages), I was quite impressed.