PDA

View Full Version : Divergent Journies by Llamas

Llamas
07-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Hey peepz!

So, inspired by a certain chip artist here on the bbs, I decided to put together an album. It had initially been my goal for the summer, and then my keyboard broke. I couldn't re-record a couple songs that I wanted to, and I couldn't finish up a couple new ones. So I gave up, completely disheartened.

Well after writing "Off We Go", I realized that I had enough material to do an EP. It's only six songs plus intro, but I think I'm happy with it.

For those of you who keep up on my music, there is a lot here you may not have heard. I fixed up the intro, re-recorded "The Surge" (it sounds so much better now), redid the vocals in "Off We Go", and included a cover I did with Lost that I don't think anyone has heard (unless she sent it to people).

I'm not showing this outside of the bbs til Lost gets back to me, cause I asked her permission to use This Isn't All and 9 Crimes...

And for coke_a_holic, I totally put my cover of "Green Eyes" on here. You rock.

Please let me know what you guys think... I'd really appreciate it. And if you have any graphic design skill, someone come up with album art and a site design for me? Please?? :D

http://briannaj.bandcamp.com/

Ka1n
07-26-2009, 02:04 PM
I've checked it briefly. The Surge intro goes very well with Flowers equalizer. Keybord seems like your strongest instrument.

JohnnyNemesis
07-26-2009, 02:17 PM
This shit is ghey.

No srsly, I'm in love with this <3. Deetz soon, as I said.

Harleyquiiinn
07-26-2009, 02:27 PM
I listened to the Surge too, the music sounds beautiful :)

Llamas
07-26-2009, 08:07 PM
I've checked it briefly. The Surge intro goes very well with Flowers equalizer. Keybord seems like your strongest instrument.

Yeah I thought the Flowers equalizer was cool with a few of the songs :) And I'd say sax is my strongest, followed by keyboard... but there's not much sax on here. Just in The Surge. Oh and In einem neuen Land.

This shit is ghey.

No srsly, I'm in love with this <3. Deetz soon, as I said.

<3 fagz. ^5

I listened to the Surge too, the music sounds beautiful :)
Thanks! :) And thanks for the advice in PM... I took your advice and made the changes!

Outerspaceman21
07-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Holy crap, that was awesome.

Llamas
07-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks, outerspaceman :)

I might be having someone make me an album cover... she's a graphic designer so it could be good! I'm still nerdily stoked about this... thanks for the positive feedback and for listening in general, guys! <3

_Lost_
07-28-2009, 12:37 AM
I wanna download this sooooo badly. I forgot my pen drive though so I can't. :( I will later today though for sure! I <3 teh llamas!

I feel special to be included in your album Brianna! I'm sad that you are leaving and we never got to meet. I thought I would make it, but I still haven't caught up on my bills entirely. :(

I'm gonna write a song in your honor. Twill be entitled "I Heart Teh Llamas" and will include a melodic but simple piano line followed by a build up to the inevitable harmony filled chorus that makes up the entireity of the lyrics for the song. Then it will slowy deccellerate to an ending of a similar but somewhat different piano outro.

my song however will be entirely with garage bands fake instruments, seeing as i am not multi talented with instruments as you are. i can sort of play guitar... thats about it.

Llamas
07-29-2009, 12:14 PM
haha that's so dorky and awesome :) Thanks bty!

SMASHedTHEignition
07-31-2009, 09:02 PM
the surge is awesome

_Lost_
07-31-2009, 09:04 PM
yes. yes it is. I did a cover of it once. Its good tunes.

Llamas
07-31-2009, 09:12 PM
the surge is awesome

yes. Yes it is. I did a cover of it once. Its good tunes.

:) :) <3

_Lost_
07-31-2009, 10:00 PM
I swear I'm gonna redo it Brianna. With all this singing practice I've had in the last year, my voice is so much stronger. Imma redo it and you iz gonna likes it.

Llamas
03-04-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm gonna write a song in your honor. Twill be entitled "I Heart Teh Llamas" and will include a melodic but simple piano line followed by a build up to the inevitable harmony filled chorus that makes up the entireity of the lyrics for the song. Then it will slowy deccellerate to an ending of a similar but somewhat different piano outro.

my song however will be entirely with garage bands fake instruments, seeing as i am not multi talented with instruments as you are. i can sort of play guitar... thats about it.

When is this biznis gonna happen? I wannit!!

T-6005
03-04-2010, 02:20 PM
You know, llamas, you always struck me as more of a performer than a songwriter.

Now, I know that sounds horrible, but I don't mean that you're a crappy songwriter. You're definitely not - but you have mentioned in the past that you prefer live cds and such and watching bands perform, and some of that seems to come through in your music. I get the feeling it'd be tons of fun to watch live and such.

It's just a feeling I get because I'm the absolute opposite. I have kind of an indoor mentality when it comes to writing music, and since I don't perform at all (except for myself), really my only interaction with my music is in its construction.

Just a thought.

Llamas
03-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Well, all my music training was in classical... I did nothing but perform for the first like 8 years I was learning music. I started writing music solely as an outlet for myself, but performing was always big for me. However, I don't like to perform my own songs. My biggest problem is that I SUCKSUCKSUCKSUCK at recording. And I have no motivation to learn how to do it better.