PDA

View Full Version : does age matter?

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
07-26-2009, 04:50 PM
sooooo. would you marry someone who is significantly older/younger than you IF
they were husband/wife material?

3rd choice i'll think about it(means your supposed to explain later)

Free?
07-26-2009, 04:55 PM
If by "material" you mean wealthy, then no, probably, that's my current point, I'm not sure about future myself, we all may become something we'd hate. By "no" I mean I don't feel like becoming a husband of a rich granny.

07-26-2009, 04:57 PM
(by that i mean responsible, caring, passionate, loving with a nice attitude, not too rich, not too poor)
this +

Rag Doll
07-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Yes. A very good friend of mine (she's 22) just married a man that's 36. She's pregnant now. He's a wonderful guy...intelligent, caring, stable job, educated, etc. If the relationship works, then why not?

I mean, it has to be within reason. 16 and 30 is ridiculous (not to mention illegal), even though it's the same age difference.

Free?
07-26-2009, 05:01 PM
So it's about the real love? Then I don't think that age difference would stop me.

Harleyquiiinn
07-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Ah see, I think there is a society element in this... I am fairly open-minded and in theory, I would say that no, it absolutely doesn't matter if these 2 people are right for each other...

But you have always these 2 things: what you would do in a perfect world that is not this one and what you would do in this one.

It's already hard to keep a marriage working between 2 people the same age and with a similar generational background and the thing is that society doesn't admit very much these kind of marriages... especially when the husband is younger for some reason. I think it would be even harder to make a marriage work with 2 people of a very different age.

So no, when it comes to me, I don't think I could marry someone significantly older or younger. But well, you never know...

KHWHD
07-26-2009, 05:06 PM
sooooo. would you marry someone who is significantly older/younger than you IF
they were husband/wife material?

3rd choice i'll think about it(means your supposed to explain later)

The question is kind of contradictory really. Your poll says, Does age matter - then you say would you marry someone who is older/younger.

You could say no, age doesn't matter - but yes, I would marry someone......

Jebus
07-26-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm gonna be a douche and simply post a picture from the internet (Check it out sometime. Pretty cool place) instead of having a proper discussion.
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/dating_pools.png

07-26-2009, 05:21 PM
oh yes most singles get married in their 20-30's but it doesnt expalin would you or would you not

Jojan
07-26-2009, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't marry anyone.

RageAndLov
07-26-2009, 05:38 PM
A couple of years ago, I read about a girl of age 18 and a man of age 81 being in love with eachother.

Outerspaceman21
07-26-2009, 11:01 PM
I generally try to meet women my own age. Something about dating someone much younger or much older seems a bit uncomfortable for me.

Al Coholic
07-26-2009, 11:22 PM
No, but size does.

Llamas
07-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Oh god I thought I saw that the most recent post in this thread was by Human and I almost burst out in laughter.

Human
07-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Oh god I thought I saw that the most recent post in this thread was by Human and I almost burst out in laughter.

Wait, what?

Human
07-27-2009, 12:07 AM
I think age does matter to an extent. As most have stated, the older you get the less the years matter, but I would hate to be married to someone much older than me, like 15 years plus, because its strange to think that its almost a guarantee that the person would die before you. I think there's some comfort in knowing, if you truly intend to spend your life with someone, that you'll die around the same time or have time to spend the best parts of your life with them.

Beaker
07-27-2009, 12:22 AM
if the people are close in maturity and common interest then i see no issue, i guess you would have to be in that position to know how you would act.

ninthz
07-27-2009, 02:10 AM
I hate when kids talk about marriage. Kids.

Budzy
07-27-2009, 03:22 AM
Depends how rich and how long I have to wait to until they cark it.

JoY
07-27-2009, 04:12 AM
there are limits in my opinion to which age doesn't matter. outside those limits, it matters.

Rutegard
07-27-2009, 04:22 AM
there are limits in my opinion to which age doesn't matter. outside those limits, it matters.

i think it's hard to define those limits...

anyways, i dont see myself getting married

SMASHedTHEignition
07-27-2009, 05:28 AM
i wuldnt get married, but th way i c it is if u love sumone truely than age doesnt matter at all

Gustavo
07-27-2009, 05:46 AM
A fiend of mine started dating a guy when she was 16 and he was 32. She's 18 now and so far it seems like their relationship has been working, they intend to get married soon.

I don't support this kind of relationship, though. Because, for example, if this friend of mine does marry that guy, when they get older, he probably will die first and she will spend approximately 16 years alone, besides the fact that in a couple of decades, she probably will want to do things with him that he probably won't be able to due his age.

But yeah, you never know, you never know at all.

_Lost_
07-27-2009, 05:54 AM
i'm not really against this sort of thing, but to me, age definitely matters. I doubt I could date someone more than 3 or 4 years older than me. 6 years at the most maybe. i say do what you wanna do but don't expect me to join in.

07-27-2009, 11:45 AM
I hate when kids talk about marriage. Kids.

kids? who are you calling kids?

ninthz
07-27-2009, 12:13 PM
kids? who are you calling kids?
Most of the people in this thread, obviously.

07-27-2009, 12:17 PM
the only kids are SMASHedTHEignition's and Budzy(they're not even kids, They are teenagers) so i dont think you are correct

ninthz
07-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Human is like twelve or some shit. Also, perception based on projected mental capacity.

07-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Human is like twelve or some shit. Also, perception based on projected mental capacity.

she's 14 old enough to be considered a teenager. but you also have a point that most of them might not act mature enough

Llamas
07-27-2009, 01:55 PM
6 years at the most maybe.
And llamas just barely qualifies... yesssss. :D

And 14 is definitely not old enough to talk about getting married. wtf?

07-27-2009, 02:06 PM
And llamas just barely qualifies... yesssss. :D

And 14 is definitely not old enough to talk about getting married. wtf?

i never said 14 is old enough to discuss marriage. i said 14 is old enough to be considered a teenager. AND in some countries, teenagers are having kids and thinking about marriage.(note: america is not the only culture/country in the world)

ninthz
07-27-2009, 02:28 PM
I like how American culture was never brought into the discussion until you got butthurt about it. The point is we are talking about kids, and as I recall Human is American, which makes any talking point you may have been attempting to get at just entirely invalid. Don't try to troll on my watch.

07-27-2009, 02:37 PM
I like how American culture was never brought into the discussion until you got butthurt about it. The point is we are talking about kids, and as I recall Human is American, which makes any talking point you may have been attempting to get at just entirely invalid. Don't try to troll on my watch.

really? so at what age do you think it is appropriate to discuss marriage in general. and what are you talking about? YOU were the one calling teenagers kids and i was pointing out that you were wrong. llamas came saying that 14 is too young to talk about marriage and then I assumed she was talking about 14 year olds in america(which is why i said america is not the only culture/country in the world) so NO, im not trolling

i never got butthurt about it. someone in sweden might consider your teen years appropiate to have kids and get married. someone in a communistic asian country might think the same thing

wheelchairman
07-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Wow were you homeschooled too? Its like you live in a society where people don't speak English, because sometimes people just use the term "kids" about people who aren't TECHNICALLY kids but who are younger than them and at a different stage in life.

So yeah I'll call a 14 year old a kid, and I'll say that anyone who hasn't graduated from high school shouldn't talk about marriage because all we're going to hear is some clichéd crap due to inexperience.

07-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Wow were you homeschooled too? Its like you live in a society where people don't speak English, because sometimes people just use the term "kids" about people who aren't TECHNICALLY kids but who are younger than them and at a different stage in life.

So yeah I'll call a 14 year old a kid, and I'll say that anyone who hasn't graduated from high school shouldn't talk about marriage because all we're going to hear is some clichéd crap due to inexperience.

true about the inexperience but there are lot's of Kids(teens) who can behave appropiately as well as others who are just stupid kids(kinda like ghostriders)

Llamas
07-27-2009, 03:29 PM
I just took a nap for an hour and I came back to tons of stupidity...

i never said 14 is old enough to discuss marriage. i said 14 is old enough to be considered a teenager. AND in some countries, teenagers are having kids and thinking about marriage.(note: america is not the only culture/country in the world)
Wait, what? Duh, 14 is teenage. Nobody was ever saying that 14 isn't teenage. But what's this shit about "in some countries" and "america is not the only culture/country in the world"? Are you being serious? I'm like 99% sure that nobody who posts regularly on the bbs lives in a country whose culture pushes marriage on them as a KID (many teens are technically children because you're not an adult until you're 18 and before that you are often still considered a child). And this crap about America... wtf? Where did ANYONE act like America is the only country and our culture is all that matters? On top of that, most Western culture in general has very similar manners with marriage... in fact, in Western Europe, people get married even LATER than they do here on average. So seriously. wtf.

^5.

llamas came saying that 14 is too young to talk about marriage and then I assumed she was talking about 14 year olds in america(which is why i said america is not the only culture/country in the world)
See above reply. America is very much so NOT the only place where this is true.

i never got butthurt about it. someone in sweden might consider your teen years appropiate to have kids and get married. someone in a communistic asian country might think the same thing
Someone ANYWHERE might think that. Doesn't mean we think it's appropriate, and it doesn't mean it's not funny.

moar ^5 The point about calling people "kids" even when they're not actually kids is so full of true. I call 21 year olds kids.

true about the inexperience but there are lot's of Kids(teens) who can behave appropiately as well as others who are just stupid kids(kinda like ghostriders)
What? I almost asked when you stopped making sense, but that was quite a while ago... but this... what? Behave appropriately? Nobody was talking about people not behaving appropriately... we were talking about them being too young for marriage.

Hypno Toad
07-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Marriage is a bit of dumb concept (in my opinion) but as long as the woman isn't really, really old, it doesn't really matter. Youth doesn't matter as long as you aren't 30, and the other person is like 15...

Llamas
07-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Marriage is a bit of dumb concept (in my opinion)
Agreed, quite honestly.

[[Meli.x]]
07-27-2009, 05:35 PM
i think age is a grey area. How can a 20 year old share the same mentality as a 40 year old. i dont understand how they can hold conversations, or that the 20 year old is still young, while the 40 year old is middle aged, i cant understand how someone could be in a relationship with someone young enough to be their child, or old enough to be their parent. i understand that as people get older, the gap seems to shrink, and 5 years either side doesnt matter. i dont view adults differently for age gap relationships, but when i see 12 year olds with 18 year olds, i question the world we live in. I know of people, mainly boys, who intentionally prey on younger girls, even though 16 is the age of consent in england, just to get into their pants. it horrifies me.

Personally, i would rather marry someone of my own age. i cant explain why, and by that i mean i dont know how to... its one of those morals which i understand myself, but i can never explain.

jacknife737
07-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Anyone under the age of 25 who is considering marriage needs to get their head examined.

Anyways. to the original topic of the thread; no age does not matter. A huge age gap, like say 35+ years may be a little strange, but whatevs if it makes you happy. If Buster and Lucile II can make it work, why can't anyone else?

Al Coholic
07-27-2009, 08:21 PM
there are limits in my opinion to which size doesn't matter. outside those limits, it matters.

i'm not really against this sort of thing, but to me, size definitely matters. I doubt I could date someone less than 3 or 4 inches long. 6 inches at the least maybe. i say do what you wanna do but don't expect me to join in

I mean really replace age with size and it's funny

jacknife737
07-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Oh god, i lol'd.

renato piquette
07-29-2009, 11:52 AM
i used to live with my 16 y.o. girlfriend,i really donīt care about age,but it would be ridiculous for me to date someone younger than 14 or older than 25

Beaker
07-29-2009, 05:28 PM
is'nt it illegal to be doing some one under 16?

its ok if they are of age but i cant see my self going there, any time soon any ways :D

renato piquette
07-29-2009, 07:13 PM

its ok if they are of age but i cant see my self going there, any time soon any ways :D

i was 17 when we started living together,so i guess itīs ok

_Lost_
07-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Al, I nearly died when I read that.

really? so at what age do you think it is appropriate to discuss marriage in general. and what are you talking about? YOU were the one calling teenagers kids and i was pointing out that you were wrong. llamas came saying that 14 is too young to talk about marriage and then I assumed she was talking about 14 year olds in america(which is why i said america is not the only culture/country in the world) so NO, im not trolling

LOL ur funniez.... Oh wait... was that not sarcasm?

The thing is, most people in their mid 20s and up would consider anyone under the age of 22 or 23 to be kids in the sense that most people under the age of 22 or 23 haven't got a clue about much of anything. We are an ignorant, naive, immature, thick skulled brand of people and in general are pretty clueless. Some of us have to grow up faster than everyone, so not every 'kid' in the sense of this discussion fits the aforementioned criteria, BUT most of the people involed in this thread do.

Now I personally was not speaking in terms of marriage. I just think small dickage in a relationship is not healthy.

It depends on the country and (at least in the US) what state.

SMASHedTHEignition
07-29-2009, 11:22 PM
i used to live with my 16 y.o. girlfriend,i really donīt care about age,but it would be ridiculous for me to date someone younger than 14 or older than 25

how old r u?

drummerbecca
07-30-2009, 03:16 AM
I've never really seen age as too much of an issue. I'm 25 and my boyfriend is 34. Even at 16, my bf then was 21. I guess i would draw a line if i felt i needed to, though.
I don't know why but for some reason, dating someone younger than me just seems wrong.

Rutegard
07-30-2009, 06:25 AM
I guess i would draw a line if i felt i needed to, though.

:) good gal :P

renato piquette
07-30-2009, 02:13 PM
how old r u?

iīm turning 19 in august

lil_punk_rawker
07-31-2009, 12:55 AM
Age doesn't matter so much for me.
I have always, always liked older men. When i was like 7, everyone had a crush on a boy our age and i liked his older brother.
I think at some point it would get wierd but i haven't found it.
I always was mature and got along with older people so i guess it makes sense.
The guy i like now is 9 years older than me and i have lots in common with him.
But i can see why some people don't like it, for me, it would be wierd going out with someone younger than me because i don't even understand people my age.
But, whatever you like!

_Lost_
07-31-2009, 02:30 AM
The real question now is, how old are you? Got to assess whether this is creepy or not.

Rutegard
07-31-2009, 02:36 AM
The real question now is, how old are you? Got to assess whether this is creepy or not.

yeah but, how and where do u draw a line?

_Lost_
07-31-2009, 04:37 AM
Well, for instance, if she is 18 and he's 27, thats a little on the sketchy side. Any younger and not only does that break the law, but you have to wonder what a 20-something is doing with a (probably) immature highschool student.

I don't see anything really off putting about someone, lets say 22, dating someone who is 31. Thats not too bad.

My general rule for highschool students though is that if they want to date someone, they should at least be in the age range that they were both in high school at the same time at some point. 15 y/o can date an 18 y/o because most freshman are 15 for at least part of their freshman year (i only give 3 years for 15 year olds because there are so many changes to a person in those three years that more years than that and you get such drastic differences in maturity. I've had 18 y/o friends date 14 y/o kids and the 14 y/o either "never wants a serious relationship" <what normal 14 y/o does?> or they "get too serious" because they are young and fall "in love" easily because they've never gotten such attention. honestly, i don't think any one under 16 should date in the first place. its just weird. I got so sick of "OMG we're in love" in middle school and highschool and the fake relationships.) . 16 can date up to maybe 20 etc etc

I know exactly where my lines are drawn for what I think is appropriate.

blegh... I sound old.

wheelchairman
07-31-2009, 07:11 AM
There is a formula to available to make sure you aren't dating someone too young. And it is:

― x Your Age + 7=

So say you're 27 dating an 18 year old, that means you can date a minimum of a

20.5 Year old, so apparently that is morally wrong.

The formula however, is ingenious.

drummerbecca
07-31-2009, 08:59 AM
Quite a universally know formula it seems. I tried to make a post about it earlier but my stupid phone wouldn't let me.
I think it's a pretty good one to stick to.

Rutegard
07-31-2009, 11:06 AM
I don't see anything really off putting about someone, lets say 22, dating someone who is 31. Thats not too bad.

wut about a 26 dating a 43 years old?

07-31-2009, 11:23 AM

like lost said "That's not too bad"
my limit is 10 years +/-
but if it works then... you never know

randman21
07-31-2009, 11:23 AM

The formula says it's okay. It's okay.

Heh, nah. I think 26 and 43 is okay, especially if the woman is the 26-year-old. By then, you pretty much have a lot figured out.

wheelchairman
07-31-2009, 11:25 AM
I just realized* though that the problem with this thread is that the only thing that really doesn't matter on this subject is our opinions.

*What can I say, I'm a slow learner.

Rutegard
like lost said "That's not too bad"

huumm i still dont buy that argument lol.... i think that either u r really open minded and dont look at ages, or then u r really picky about it (kids out of the picture of course)

im saying, either u draw a line (that will always be stupid) or then u just dont at all (and that will always be stupid too)

life sucks!

KHWHD
I dated a guy when I was 20 and he was 16 years older than I was. It lasted 2 1/2 years. I left him (he was a pisstank) for my ex-husband which was 2 years younger than I was. Then divorced my ex-husband after 9 months. So yeah..... now I have 2 kids with someone else (he's 3 years younger) that has never really been around.

I think I'm destined to be single for the rest of life. :rolleyes:

07-31-2009, 11:42 AM
I think I'm destined to be single for the rest of life. :rolleyes:

or maybe "Shank & Mr.Dexter Holland":)

Al Coholic
07-31-2009, 02:05 PM
There is a formula to available to make sure you aren't dating someone too young. And it is:

― x Your Age + 7=

So say you're 27 dating an 18 year old, that means you can date a minimum of a

20.5 Year old, so apparently that is morally wrong.

The formula however, is ingenious.

Untill you get too big. A 75 year old dating a 45 year old? Sketchy.

Al Coholic
07-31-2009, 02:09 PM
The real question now is, how big are you? Got to assess whether this is worthwhile or not.

yeah but, how and where do u draw a line?

Well, for instance, if she is 18 he's 10 inches, thats a little on the sketchy side. Any larger and not only does that break the vagina, but you have to wonder what a 20-something is doing with a (probably) black guy

I'm here all week people.

Jules69
07-31-2009, 08:02 PM

16:eek:wrong!!! ANYONE under the age of 18 is not legal!!!!

Numaro
07-31-2009, 08:19 PM
16:eek:wrong!!! ANYONE under the age of 18 is not legal!!!!

I agree with this post. There's no such thing as countries that aren't America!

Jules69
07-31-2009, 08:24 PM
Yes, I meant in this crappy country where we would rather spend money on wars instead of technology or something as simple as running powerlines underground like other better countries do!!!! There is less danger in doing at least that!

randman21
07-31-2009, 08:29 PM
^ Different countries, different statutes.

_Lost_
07-31-2009, 10:22 PM
In NC, the legal age for consent is 16. However, a 22 year old could be charged for statutory rape for sleeping with a 16 year old (eww btw). Being 16 really only means you can sleep with someone 16, 17, or 18... maaaaybe 19, without getting the other in trouble. Also, the law makes it possible for a 16 year old to be charged with statutory rape for sleeping with a 15 year old. It doesn't happen often but it does happen.

And I like that formula. Pretty much falls into what I find not creepy. I may use this as my rule of thumb from now on.

renato piquette
08-01-2009, 02:50 PM
In NC, the legal age for consent is 16. However, a 22 year old could be charged for statutory rape for sleeping with a 16 year old (eww btw). Being 16 really only means you can sleep with someone 16, 17, or 18... maaaaybe 19, without getting the other in trouble. Also, the law makes it possible for a 16 year old to be charged with statutory rape for sleeping with a 15 year old. It doesn't happen often but it does happen.

And I like that formula. Pretty much falls into what I find not creepy. I may use this as my rule of thumb from now on.

alright,that means i was ok

Adriann
08-01-2009, 03:09 PM
the older you are, the less age matters... like a 30 year old dating someone who's 40, it doesn't bug me. But if I hear about a 15 year old dating an 18 year old at school?? GROSS

renato piquette
08-01-2009, 03:10 PM
the older you are, the less age matters... like a 30 year old dating someone who's 40, it doesn't bug me. But if I hear about a 15 year old dating an 18 year old at school?? GROSS

15 and 18 is normal,isnīt it?

Adriann
08-01-2009, 03:12 PM
I personally find it disgusting.

renato piquette
08-01-2009, 03:17 PM
oh god,iīm going to hell :(....

Outerspaceman21
08-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Even as I got older, age would still matter to me because I would feel more comfortable with someone in my own age range, like 1 to 2 years apart I'm fine with.

Llamas
08-02-2009, 12:37 AM
I personally find it disgusting.

Condoms or pill? Srsly... someone finding it disgusting has nothing to do with going to hell... just an excuse for you to force the issue that you slept with someone 15 when you were 18. *Thumbs up*

Adriann
08-02-2009, 04:51 AM

haha, since when am I God?

renato piquette
08-02-2009, 10:45 AM
thatīs not the problem,the girl i used to live with was 16,not 15,but iīve done 13 y.o. girls :(,itīs not my fault,itīs my 14 y.o. brotherīs fault!! heīs always making parties at our home and he always brings his classmates,i just canīt help it

Rooster
08-02-2009, 11:21 AM
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6954/1188994406433346a87dgi3.jpg

Numaro
08-02-2009, 11:23 AM
thatīs not the problem,the girl i used to live with was 16,not 15,but iīve done 13 y.o. girls :(,itīs not my fault,itīs my 14 y.o. brotherīs fault!! heīs always making parties at our home and he always brings his classmates,i just canīt help it

Just because a girl is nearby, doesn't mean you have to have sex with her.

wheelchairman
08-02-2009, 11:23 AM

You're 18. That is absolutely abhorrent. I'm astonished you actually think you should say this to people.

Tizzalicious
08-02-2009, 11:31 AM
I think as long as the people involved are both in the same stage of their life or the same mental age, age doesn't really matter. This, however, does not include 18 year old guys who still act like 13 year olds fucking 13 year old girls. That's just all kinds of wrong.

My boyfriend is 4 years younger than me, and I can't say I ever notice. But then, we are both in our twenties, the difference between 26 and 22 is a lot smaller than 18 and 14.

renato piquette
08-02-2009, 11:39 AM
iīm officially out of this thread,but just for the record,iīm not proud of what i said some posts before,iīm honestly ashamed

jacknife737
08-02-2009, 12:13 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/4/44/Rappelpedo.jpg

10 characters

Llamas
08-02-2009, 12:20 PM
I normally don't read renato's posts, but for some reason was inclined to click "view post" in this thread, due to Adriann's conversation with him... I'm wondering if the guy is normally a troll and this whole thing is just a part of that. It seems pretty out there to bring something like this up on your own with no agenda.

JoY
08-02-2009, 03:59 PM
i think it's hard to define those limits...

anyways, i dont see myself getting married

that's why I didn't try to strictly define them. to me, I'd say fifteen to twenty years of age difference would matter, though. somewhere along those lines.

the problem isn't so much when you're both in your younger years, but I imagine it gets a problem when you both change into different life phases. most people who decide to spend the rest of their life together, meet each other somewhat in comparable life phases, like after high school, practicing a full time study/full time job, realising (future) ambitions & dreams... which is a phase that can easily last for over twenty years & which I can easily imagine doing together with someone else, even if he's 18 years older. but I imagine all the reasons for marrying some charming, older guy would instantly fade when I'm still in the prime of my life & he's hooked up on a stoma & alzheimer's kicking in.

I don't believe in one significant other & I do believe choosing one that's significantly older is significantly unpractical. at some point, what you need to give doesn't weigh up to what you get from the relationship, & not even to the giddy awesome feeling of being in love that you used to have together when you were 25.

...or 38, because I imagine it'd be just as uncomfortable & painful to be all dependend & to have to recieve a shitload of help with your fecal incontinence, while your hubby's still recieves a pay check & has business lunches every week.

ps. of course I wrote this from the viewpoint that the younger one in the relationship is at an age, that he/she at least can make a decent decision for him-/herself. if he/she can't, because he/she is too young, he/she should date people his/her own age to learn about the loooove-game. because what the hell, 18/19 & 13 is nasty fucking business.

Superdope
08-02-2009, 04:15 PM
iīm officially out of this thread,but just for the record,iīm not proud of what i said some posts before,iīm honestly ashamed

I find it weird that you feel ashamed of the statement and not the act.

JoY
08-02-2009, 04:31 PM
I find it weird that you feel ashamed of the statement and not the act.

he put a blushing smiley behind his confession, so I'm guessing that's what he meant.

I'm 25. I don't want to come off as an old lady, but at my age I should theoretically know what I'm getting myself into. even then it's sometimes (when it comes to some things even most of the time) difficult to look ahead & to judge whether things are going to be uncomfortable & a total pain, rather than a joy & an addition to my life. but at least I can be considered someone who *should* be capable of making her own choices. 13 year olds mainly, mostly & generally can't. not when it comes to big decisions, that could possibly turn out to be life changing. (looking back to how I was at the age of 13 to the age of 17, I can't imagine over 1% of the 13 year olds is able to look further ahead than 5 years) & when you're the older one making one of those big decisions with her, you should be the wise one saying she's too young to even be involved in such a decision.

WebDudette
08-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Yes, at certain points some people are so beyond others mentally. There is such a huge gap between 18 and 14 that doesn't really exist between 24 and 28.

Al Coholic
08-02-2009, 04:48 PM
13 years old? That's disgusting man. There's no punchline here, that's just fucked up.

JoY
08-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Yes, at certain points some people are so beyond others mentally. There is such a huge gap between 18 and 14 that doesn't really exist between 24 and 28.

I'm having the feeling you're being sarcastic...

WebDudette
08-02-2009, 07:02 PM
No, but I didn't read any of the thread. It was a reply to the original question, not to any of the posts that proceeded mine.

JoY
08-03-2009, 03:20 AM
oh, ok. if you were serious then it's all good. I thought for a minute there with all the so's & suches that you were being sarcastic, but in that case I agree.

SMASHedTHEignition
08-03-2009, 05:26 AM
if your in love with someone bother over 21 than age can get fucked

Rutegard
08-03-2009, 06:37 AM
that's why I didn't try to strictly define them. to me, I'd say fifteen to twenty years of age difference would matter, though. somewhere along those lines.

the problem isn't so much when you're both in your younger years, but I imagine it gets a problem when you both change into different life phases. most people who decide to spend the rest of their life together, meet each other somewhat in comparable life phases, like after high school, practicing a full time study/full time job, realising (future) ambitions & dreams... which is a phase that can easily last for over twenty years & which I can easily imagine doing together with someone else, even if he's 18 years older. but I imagine all the reasons for marrying some charming, older guy would instantly fade when I'm still in the prime of my life & he's hooked up on a stoma & alzheimer's kicking in.

I don't believe in one significant other & I do believe choosing one that's significantly older is significantly unpractical. at some point, what you need to give doesn't weigh up to what you get from the relationship, & not even to the giddy awesome feeling of being in love that you used to have together when you were 25.

...or 38, because I imagine it'd be just as uncomfortable & painful to be all dependend & to have to recieve a shitload of help with your fecal incontinence, while your hubby's still recieves a pay check & has business lunches every week.

ps. of course I wrote this from the viewpoint that the younger one in the relationship is at an age, that he/she at least can make a decent decision for him-/herself. if he/she can't, because he/she is too young, he/she should date people his/her own age to learn about the loooove-game. because what the hell, 18/19 & 13 is nasty fucking business.

best answer so far!

Little_Miss_1565
08-03-2009, 08:45 AM
I've dated older guys -- quite a few of them, actually -- but never when I wasn't legal, and never before I was in college. I was engaged at 17 and broke it off the summer before I turned 19 because my boyfriend, only a year or so older than me, had lost his fucking mind and I had spent a year trying to help him until I realized I was just doing more damage to myself and he had no intention of helping himself with his problems. I attribute that to a lot of the dating dudes in their 30s, occasionally pushing 40. Guys who have worked through their adolescent insanity are attractive to me. But again, I'm also legal, and jesus fucking christ, Renato, you're disgusting.

I'm sure it's been said already here, but I just wanted to spell it out because it bears repeating: banging too-young girls is statutory rape. Hooking up with random drunk girls isn't far from rape because she can't really consent (waaay different from getting loaded with your partner and then boning), nevermind how wrong it is to get a 13 year old drunk in the first place. Renato, if you were in the US, you'd be on the sex offender registry.

Grimesy da Offspringfan
08-03-2009, 12:19 PM
First of all: seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you? you're a sick fucked up person, though the 13 year old girl is definitely a little whore too, but still, jesus, after reading all you're replies and the way you've brought the whole thing up, you even seem to be proud of it! And second of all, just to stay on subject, like a lot of people have said it before me, there's a huge difference between 14-18 and 24-28

dexter12296566
08-03-2009, 12:25 PM
to me age wouldnt matter because marriage is about love

nieh
08-03-2009, 12:44 PM
You're just saying that because you want to marry Dexter.

Also, we're not talking about marriage as much as about sex.

JoY
08-03-2009, 01:02 PM
originally the topic was about marriage...

nieh
08-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Oh yeah....a lot has happened since then.

08-03-2009, 01:04 PM
renato rapette was pretty mean, but i have to admit it was witty and hilarious

JoY
08-03-2009, 01:09 PM
witty & hilarious? sick, twisted & mock-worthy, you mean.

08-03-2009, 01:50 PM
sometimes i think what if i wouldn't have made this thread
would we have know what renato did or does

cuz when harley made that thread we were discussing how fucking boring this board is and then i posted something in her thread which got us both thinking "make that thread! then there will be 2 interesting threads in this boring board"
and now im wondering "What if i hadn't made this thread?"

Rutegard
08-03-2009, 01:56 PM

then probably we would never know...so, all in all, good that u did it :P

SweetTatyana
08-03-2009, 02:17 PM
First of all: seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you? you're a sick fucked up person, though the 13 year old girl is definitely a little whore too, but still, jesus, after reading all you're replies and the way you've brought the whole thing up, you even seem to be proud of it! And second of all, just to stay on subject, like a lot of people have said it before me, there's a huge difference between 14-18 and 24-28

How can you call a 13 year old girl a little whore? You really think she is well aware of what she is doing? Shes being taken advantage of!
Seriously Renato, how can you even look at someone that young and WANT to have sex with them? A 13 year old is still a child!!

Rutegard
08-03-2009, 02:29 PM
How can you call a 13 year old girl a little whore? You really think she is well aware of what she is doing? Shes being taken advantage of!
Seriously Renato, how can you even look at someone that young and WANT to have sex with them? A 13 year old is still a child!!

someone should tell those girls that their actions would get them in trouble eventually, cause rather than being worried about renato, i really dunno wuts gonna happen to these girls if they dont cut it out soon...

08-03-2009, 02:33 PM
i really dunno wuts gonna happen to these girls if they dont cut it out soon...

she was a 13 year-old girl from mexico, she just had an abortion
she was a case of insanity, fucked by renato on a pedophilish spree

randman21
08-03-2009, 02:36 PM
someone should tell those girls that their actions would get them in trouble eventually, cause rather than being worried about renato, i really dunno wuts gonna happen to these girls if they dont cut it out soon...

People who are sexual at that age were overwhelmingly often sexually violated at some early stage in their lives, so it's not really a point of cutting it out. They need help. They are aware of what they are doing, but can't help it.

Rutegard
08-03-2009, 02:36 PM
she was a 13 year-old girl from mexico, she just had an abortion
she was a case of insanity, fucked by renato on a pedophilish spree

ok that is a sad case of how fucked up our world is!

08-03-2009, 02:38 PM
ok that is a sad case of how fucked up our world is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjyqpxkKJCM

Rutegard
08-03-2009, 02:42 PM
People that are sexual at that age were overwhelmingly often sexually violated at some early stage in their lives, so it's not really a point of cutting it out. They need help. They are aware of what they are doing, but can't help it.

but that is gonna be extremely difficult to happen if there is no one there t help them out!!

all of them!

nieh
08-03-2009, 02:46 PM
And, you know, with people like Renato fucking them like there's nothing wrong with it.

Rutegard
08-03-2009, 02:48 PM
And, you know, with people like Renato fucking them like there's nothing wrong with it.

plus that! yeah

lets hope that he learnt his lesson...and that his brother wont follow the same way...

Llamas
08-03-2009, 03:09 PM
The worst part was all the people who were defending him in that thread...

Grimesy da Offspringfan
08-03-2009, 03:16 PM

I've heard of a 13 year old girl who WANTED to be fucked by a 18 year old guy at a concert, and pretended to be 18. That qualifies as little whore. Not all of them are so innocent.

JoY
08-03-2009, 04:03 PM
sometimes i think what if i wouldn't have made this thread
would we have know what renato did or does

cuz when harley made that thread we were discussing how fucking boring this board is and then i posted something in her thread which got us both thinking "make that thread! then there will be 2 interesting threads in this boring board"

you just made a post, that said; "what if I hadn't made this thread". I thought I was long-winded.

look, while I don't think renato is actually proud of his actions, he obviously isn't ashamed, or he wouldn't have put it on an internet message board, where it's for everybody over the world to see, read & know. if he hadn't blurted it out in this thread, he probably would've blurted it out in the next one about age differences in relationships, because in the years I've been around, I've seen this thread come by about a thousand of times.

aside from that, if this topic hadn't existed, I have a feeling he would've found another appropriate occasion to make a mention of it, since sex(-ual preferences & experiences) & relationships are usually very fequently discussed subjects on here.

and that his brother wont follow the same way...

oh right! that's the last thing I said in that topic. that he sets such a terrific example for his little brother. aw, now I'll never know what his reaction was/would've been.

dexter12296566
08-03-2009, 06:29 PM
You're just saying that because you want to marry Dexter.

Also, we're not talking about marriage as much as about sex.

I would fuck him
DO NOT DELETE THIS POST

KHWHD
08-03-2009, 06:41 PM
I would fuck him
DO NOT DELETE THIS POST

I seriously LOL'd @ that.

_Lost_
08-03-2009, 10:59 PM
People who are sexual at that age were overwhelmingly often sexually violated at some early stage in their lives, so it's not really a point of cutting it out. They need help. They are aware of what they are doing, but can't help it.
This is very true. This doesn't even necessarily mean parental abuse (which could be sexual or nonsexual, both cause similar damage). It could've been peers, older kids, or other authority figures too. But maybe this isn't the case. 18 year old males are a lot better at putting pressure on females for sex than a 13 year old boy would be. The same can be said for smaller ranges like 19 and 16 year old males. She may have had no previous trauma and Renato worked and worked to push her into it. This however could become the sexual trauma that fucks her up later in life. I know that they talk about sexual traumas in early years (generally 5 or 6) but trauma like that at still a very young age (or even just before the girl is ready to have sex in the first place) can be just as damaging. The repercussions of sex too early or being pressured into it can be just as bad or at least similar to traumas in childhood.

I don't like how when a person turns up with sexual issues later in life, its automatically pegged as "childhood trauma". Someone raped at 16 by her boyfriend can cause the same sort of thing. It can cause boundry issues, wanting to be violated during sex (sometimes as much as things like a rape simulation), sexual addiction, sexual aversion, vaginismus in females, etc etc. Sexual abuse or other abuse at any age can cause this.

I no longer know where I am going with this.

T-6005
08-06-2009, 06:30 PM
I think you were trying to say "Wow, renato is fucked up."

No one should be having sex with 13 year-olds, ever.

To think I was hungry before I opened this thread. Thanks a lot.

Never mind - turns out I'm still hungry. Overwhelming disgust overshadowed my food impulse for a bit is all.

nieh
08-06-2009, 07:42 PM
thatīs whay i like these boards,here people are much more open-minded,thanx guys,i stopped posting at that other place since then,most people bashed me not for what i did,the reason was because itīs no secret that most of the general chat snobs never liked users like me or bipolar bear,so they are taking advantage of the situation,and if they are really shocked because of what i did it means that they are a bunch of fags who are virgin or who lost their virginity after their twenties or they lost it with hookers because normal people donīt lose their virginity to a 20 y.o. woman when the guy is underage,i donīt know if iīm understood,but anyways,whoīs the sick now?you bunch of hooker lovers

Well, at least he's gone, but if he thinks that's the reason we've all given him shit over this then he's got some serious denial issues going on.

Little_Miss_1565
08-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Wow. I mean, that's really sad, but I'm LOLing all the same. I had no idea that my boyfriend when I was 17 was a hooker! Or that you had to lose your virginity to an older woman. Here I was thinking you could lose it to someone roughly of a similar age. Who knew!

JohnnyNemesis
08-06-2009, 08:08 PM
So THAT'S the reason Anti-Authority hated us! 'Cause we oppose pedophilia!

nieh
08-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Wow. I mean, that's really sad, but I'm LOLing all the same. I had no idea that my boyfriend when I was 17 was a hooker!
Did you really think I was going to advertise that fact?

So THAT'S the reason Anti-Authority hated us! 'Cause we oppose pedophilia!

But they only found out we opposed pedophilia recently. SOMETHING DOESN'T ADD UP!

_Lost_
08-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Well that explains a lot. I oughtta call up my ex and ask him.

JohnnyNemesis
08-06-2009, 09:18 PM
SOMETHING DOESN'T ADD UP!

*insert obvious age joke here*

Llamas
08-06-2009, 09:19 PM
:( I had secret hopes that maybe his apologies were sincere... I knew they weren't, but I hoped. Fuck.

"if they are really shocked because of what i did it means that they are a bunch of fags who are virgin or who lost their virginity after their twenties or they lost it with hookers because normal people donīt lose their virginity to a 20 y.o. woman when the guy is underage"

Am I reading this right? All of us who are disgusted by fucking 13 year old girls either are virgin fags, lost our virginity after our twenties, or lost our virginity with hookers... and it's not normal for an underage guy to lose his virginity to a 20 year old woman? Does this make any sense to anyone? Who said anything about that being normal? *is confused*

nieh
08-06-2009, 09:26 PM
*insert obvious age joke here*

You plus me, it doesn't equal us.

Little_Miss_1565
08-06-2009, 09:37 PM
You plus me, it doesn't equal us.

The only 13 year olds who know calculus aren't banging skeevy dudes.

(right? that was a reference to MTV's fictional boy band movie yes?)

nieh
08-06-2009, 09:41 PM
The only 13 year olds who know calculus aren't banging skeevy dudes.

(right? that was a reference to MTV's fictional boy band movie yes?)

2get+her!
Yes, it was.

Llamas
08-06-2009, 09:55 PM
The hardest part of breaking up (is getting back your stuff)

_Lost_
08-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Seems like you outraged bighead a little nieh.

nieh
08-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Seems like you outraged bighead a little nieh.

It's both amusing and sad that he basically described his entire experience on these boards in that one post.

0r4ng3
08-06-2009, 11:01 PM
The hardest part of breaking up (is getting back your stuff)
...aaaand now that song's gonna be stuck in my head for a week.

JoY
08-06-2009, 11:57 PM
Well, at least he's gone, but if he thinks that's the reason we've all given him shit over this then he's got some serious denial issues going on.

I think that last bit has been established. dude, I wouldn't pay to be anyone else in the world. let alone some 18 year old guy who got expelled at school for being drunk during daytime, who bangs his little brother's classmates at the kid's birthday party.

_Lost_
08-07-2009, 01:58 AM
I'm amazed that he's so shocked that people wouldn't condone raping babies.

I guess this is evidence that the 1337 really are superior, better people.

It's both amusing and sad that he basically described his entire experience on these boards in that one post.

He's had a lot of practice.

randman21
08-07-2009, 04:03 AM
i donīt know if iīm understood,but
hearing Jimmy Buffett never sounded soooo good? I thought that was where that was going.

_Lost_
08-07-2009, 04:13 AM
I knew there was a reason that song has been in my head tonight! Subliminal messaging! ZOMG!

Its funny that he thinks that the reason so many people don't like him is that the general chat 1337 are snobs and not the fact that he (and others) are really really annoying.

I mean really... I see all these users who used to be told to go die and/or stfu on a regular basis, who are now generally accepted and participate in conversations like civil people. I can't count the number of people.

Al Coholic
08-07-2009, 04:22 AM
if they are really shocked because of what i did it means that they are a bunch of fags who are virgin or who lost their virginity after their twenties or they lost it with hookers because normal people donīt lose their virginity to a 20 y.o. woman when the guy is underage,i donīt know if iīm understood,but anyways,whoīs the sick now?you bunch of hooker lovers

So I'm either I virgin fag, a really late bloomer, or a "hooker lover".

Love it.

nieh
08-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Dear Mr. Coholic,

Wouldn't your user title make more sense as "Big_Mister_1565"?

Yours,
nieh

storm1971sf
08-07-2009, 10:59 AM
If ur happy with each outher ..then fuck what outher pepole say...as long as ur not a kiddy fucker ur good 2 go..!!!

Rag Doll
08-07-2009, 11:21 AM
as long as ur not a kiddy fucker ur good 2 go..!!!

unfortunately, it seems someone here is not good to go then....

Paint_It_Black
08-07-2009, 02:15 PM
When my brother was approximately 18 he started dating a girl who was approximately 13. I'm still weirded out by that, even though he's 40 now and they're still together and very much in love, raising a couple of awesome kids and are basically a great couple. The point of this? Even when it's my own brother and the story has the best possible ending, it's still fucked up.

jacknife737
08-07-2009, 03:31 PM
If ur happy with each outher ..then fuck what outher pepole say...as long as ur not a kiddy fucker ur good 2 go..!!!

Words to live by.

08-08-2009, 09:54 AM
So... I looked at the law, french that is... to see if Renato would be a pedophile in my country.

Sexual majority is 15. Before 15, we consider that a minor cannot give its consent so it's illegal. That doesn't mean that the fact that the girls gave their consent doesn't count.

So all depends on Renato's age. If you were 18, you would be considered as NOT a pedophile (because that word doesn't exist in criminal law) but as someone who had sexual relations with a minor under 15. You would risk 5 years of prison and 75.000 € of fine.

If you were 16 or 17, you were a minor, you are not guilty of anything if the judge considers that the girls consent was real.

Since Renato is from Mexico, I looked the mexican federal laws... It punishes only sexual relations with a minor under 12 in any case, or under 18 if it was an adult.

If we believe what Renato said:
- the girls were 13 and gave their consent
- Renato was under 18

=> He's not a pedophile or guilty of any crime in his country (except of your state has more restrictive laws). End of discussion.

People should be more careful before accusing someone of pedophilia. As you said Hitthere, it's something that everybody hates, so accusing someone lightly can have terrible consequences.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhh
i told you shit in mexico is very different
just because your culture thinks it's wrong it doesn't mean somewhere else it's wrong

Harleyquiiinn
08-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Wah, now I'm even quoted from board to board... :D

I like to precise though that to me, fucking a 13 year old is not right, in any case.

That said, I don't think it's right to use the word "pedo" for that. A pedophile in is common sense is an adult, fucking a kid who really can't give any consent, because he/she has no idea what sex is. A teenager fucking a younger teenager is not a pedophile.

If you use the word pedophile for that, you're taking out of that world the real atrocity that it is.

By the way, All in All, Renato would not be a criminal in my culture either (ONLY IF he was really 16 or 17) and not in some states in the US.

Edit: Example in North Carolina instead of Arkansas, cause I managed to find the article so it's more clear:

§ 14‑27.7A. Statutory rape or sexual offense of person who is 13, 14, or 15 years old.

(a) A defendant is guilty of a Class B1 felony if the defendant engages in vaginal intercourse or a sexual act with another person who is 13, 14, or 15 years old and the defendant is at least six years older than the person, except when the defendant is lawfully married to the person.

(b) A defendant is guilty of a Class C felony if the defendant engages in vaginal intercourse or a sexual act with another person who is 13, 14, or 15 years old and the defendant is more than four but less than six years older than the person, except when the defendant is lawfully married to the person. (1995, c. 281, s. 1.)

jacknife737
08-08-2009, 02:36 PM
That said, I don't think it's right to use the word "pedo" for that. A pedophile in is common sense is an adult, fucking a kid who really can't give any consent, because he/she has no idea what sex is. A teenager fucking a younger teenager is not a pedophile.

I'm fine with just calling him a rapist.

_Lost_
08-08-2009, 02:43 PM
It wasn't until a bit later that renato changed his story to "I was 16 or 17". He's nearly 19 now. That leaves plenty of time for him to have slept with babies.

Paint_It_Black
08-09-2009, 06:40 AM
Lost, let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he meant to say 16 or 17 to begin with and he just sucks at typing. I say we go with Jacknife's generous compromise. Renato's a rapist!