PDA

View Full Version : What do you do

_Lost_
07-27-2009, 10:48 PM
When your boss cheats you out of a day of work, leaving you unable to pay rent?

My boss changed my schedule on me with no warning so I end up only working four days this week. On top of that, I missed a day last week because some wires crossed and melted, knocking out my headlights so I couldn't drive to work, costing me another day's pay and a day's worth of pay to fix. Also, my last paycheck was $40 more than it should have been, so on my next one, they are taking that off.

My next paycheck is going to be $212.25 short before taxes. If I had 5 days this week, I would've been able to swing it, but now I'm only going to have $90 after rent with which I must pay for car insurance and for two weeks worth of groceries and gas. Something is not adding up here.

{/bitchfest}

Al Coholic
07-27-2009, 10:50 PM
I usually finger my boss in the first week just for good measure. I mean yeah it's weird but it pays dividends later.

Llamas
07-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Something is not adding up here.
Wait I thought bighead was gone... fux.

omg jk but seriously good luck, dude. Ask them if they can wait til the next paycheck to take out that $40. I know my boss would do it, but I dunno how your place is.

RickyCrack
07-27-2009, 10:54 PM
ramen noodles are delicious

wheelchairman
07-27-2009, 10:59 PM
I live in a country where unions aren't as impotent as Bob Dole. It's great.

Llamas
07-27-2009, 11:05 PM

I live in a country where unions aren't as impotent as Bob Dole. It's great.

I'm enjoying the turn this thread took toward stating seemingly random (yet oh so jabbingly relevant) fact-stating. :)

_Lost_
07-28-2009, 12:39 AM

yes. rice is cheap too. both make up the bulk of what i'll be eating for the next 3 or 4 weeks.

ninthz
07-28-2009, 01:59 AM
I'm not the best at coming up with cash quick, but the routes I usually hear people discussing involve donating plasma or selling unneeded dvds/cds. Both options kind of blow and I'm not sure how things are in your area or if you'd be able to do either, but they may be worth a shot (I realized earlier today that I've never in my life been eligible to donate plasma if answering the screening questions honestly, due to tattoos and drugs and stuff).

I can't remember how long you've been at your current job, but you could talk to your employer(s) about getting a cash advance on your next paycheck.

Oh, and not eating sucks but you'd be surprised what you can live off of. Today, for example, I ate a few slices of pizza. That I bought with an advance on my paycheck. Yeah.

Oh, if your credit is decent you could look into a short-term personal loan. You may need a co-signer, but it's a decent option.

_Lost_
07-28-2009, 02:07 AM
heh... i think i've run out of quick cash options. thats how i managed to pay off the pet deposit at my apartment complex yesterday so they don't kick me out over my puppy.

ninthz
07-28-2009, 02:19 AM
Not to be a dickbag, but owning a dog while in college and struggling to pay bills is significantly less than the best idea of all time.

_Lost_
07-28-2009, 02:27 AM
well, i had caught up on bills. this paycheck was a bit of a shocker. I make plenty of money. I've just been playing catchup from past joblessness/inadequate jobness.

i think i have things figured out though. it'll work out.

PS I have two dogs.

Beaker
07-28-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm not the best at coming up with cash quick, but the routes I usually hear people discussing involve donating plasma or selling unneeded dvds/cds. Both options kind of blow and I'm not sure how things are in your area or if you'd be able to do either, but they may be worth a shot (I realized earlier today that I've never in my life been eligible to donate plasma if answering the screening questions honestly, due to tattoos and drugs and stuff).

I can't remember how long you've been at your current job, but you could talk to your employer(s) about getting a cash advance on your next paycheck.

Oh, and not eating sucks but you'd be surprised what you can live off of. Today, for example, I ate a few slices of pizza. That I bought with an advance on my paycheck. Yeah.

Oh, if your credit is decent you could look into a short-term personal loan. You may need a co-signer, but it's a decent option.

you get paid to donate plasma :eek:

i have been giving the stuff away for free,

but what a sticky situation, pay the rent first and scab food off friends and family, :)

Outerspaceman21
07-29-2009, 09:11 AM
If I could loan you money, I would, but I'm strapped for cash myself.

wheelchairman
07-31-2009, 06:17 AM
In July there was a bureaucratic problem and I did not get my student stipend (living in Denmark rocks) which means that in order to pay rent I had to call my bank for a temporary personal loan like Ninthz suggested.

Saved my ass, now they approved my stipend for another 6 months and I can cancel the loan. Sweet.

Paint_It_Black
08-03-2009, 04:27 AM
I'm not the best at coming up with cash quick

But you have such a purty mouth :confused:

SMASHedTHEignition
08-03-2009, 04:30 AM
yes. rice is cheap too. both make up the bulk of what i'll be eating for the next 3 or 4 weeks.

ok you gotta shop for food, so just take 40 dollars outta your shopping money and bargain shop for food(unless you alredy bargain shop?)