PDA

View Full Version : The Ramones

fedepunk
07-30-2009, 12:47 PM
hello!! i'm new here! i'm from Argentina...

i was reading the theads and i didn't find anything about the ramones...

what do you think about this band??

Gustavo
07-30-2009, 01:27 PM
There really hadn't been a thread about The Ramones before you started this one? :eek:
If so, shame on the BBS users (Including me, of course).

Anyway, The Ramones is one of my favorite bands and one of the bands that I listen to the most.

I've recently been blessed with the pleasure of meeting a Ramone (CJ Ramone) and the man who is known as the fifth Ramone (Daniel Rey), as well. I also got to see them play 20 classic Ramones songs, 2 Bad Chopper songs and 1 Motörhead song, that was one of the best days of my entire life.

Oh, and welcome to the boards.

mascerveza
07-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Who doesn't like them? It's one of my favourite bands.

And I went to a concert of CJ Ramone + Daniel Rey too, on July 14th!! it was amazing n.n Also i saw Marky Ramone last year.

ramones will live forever

Gustavo
07-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Who doesn't like them? It's one of my favourite bands.

And I went to a concert of CJ Ramone + Daniel Rey too, on July 14th!! it was amazing n.n Also i saw Marky Ramone last year.

ramones will live forever

I saw CJ Ramone, Daniel Rey and Brant Bjork on July 9th in Goiânia, Brazil. : )
I met them all. xD
It was amazing, I had a great time.

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs196.snc1/6611_1198931215683_1300595897_589632_179331_n.jpg
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs176.snc1/6611_1198932095705_1300595897_589654_99847_n.jpg
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs196.snc1/6611_1198932295710_1300595897_589659_4935842_n.jpg
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs176.snc1/6611_1198933255734_1300595897_589681_2645038_n.jpg

Alex101
07-30-2009, 02:58 PM
I wish Joey, Johnny and Dee Dee were still alive so that the Ramones could tour again. You can never replace any of those guys in that band.

Outerspaceman21
07-30-2009, 03:59 PM
The Ramones are fucking amazing. No band will ever match what the Ramones ever did.

Gustavo
07-30-2009, 04:42 PM
The Ramones are fucking amazing. No band will ever match what the Ramones ever did.

Dude, did you see CJ, Daniel and Brant as well? They just did 6 concerts in California.

Ninty Man
07-30-2009, 06:32 PM
they are -if I get to say this- the beatles of the punk. I dislike SO HARD the beatles, but I'm talking about influence, and legacy, and respect.

Many says the Pistols started punk, that's bullshit. Ramones started the punk, manage to get hardcore sometimes, made pop punk, melodic punk, and they were the best punk band

dexter12296566
07-30-2009, 06:42 PM
I love the Ramones

Outerspaceman21
07-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Dude, did you see CJ, Daniel and Brant as well? They just did 6 concerts in California.

No. Truth be told, I really don't follow any incarnation of the Ramones except the original (Joey, Johnny, Dee Dee, Tommy and Marky... and maybe Richie)

Thomas
07-30-2009, 09:33 PM
I'll probably get flamed for this, but i never really saw what was so special about the Ramones. Sure, I enjoy a lot of their songs, but they never really did anything except 3 chord happy punk. Most of their songs sound the same to me. Their style might have been a bit before their time (although I don't quite see it myself) but their musicianship seemed to be severely lacking compared to other bands of their age.

jacknife737
07-30-2009, 09:57 PM
Well... they essentially invented "3 chord happy punk".

They were definitely a "fuck art, lets dance band"; which is probably why i love them so much; they were totally unpretentious.

The Clash were more creative song writers, but we're talking about punk rock here, complexity isn't really the end goal.

_Lost_
07-30-2009, 11:15 PM
I've always approved of the Ramones, though I don't really enjoy listening to many of their songs anymore. My sister killed them for me. I introduced her to them 4 or 5 years ago and she kind of went wild with it. I guess they are still her favorite band. I wouldn't really know though, because anytime I hear her playing music, i steer clear of the area. She also killed Green Day for me by over playage and talking about them too much just like with the Ramones.

Its a shame too. I rather liked The Ramones.

SMASHedTHEignition
07-31-2009, 01:20 AM
I'll probably get flamed for this, but i never really saw what was so special about the Ramones. Sure, I enjoy a lot of their songs, but they never really did anything except 3 chord happy punk. Most of their songs sound the same to me. Their style might have been a bit before their time (although I don't quite see it myself) but their musicianship seemed to be severely lacking compared to other bands of their age.

i agre about em sounding the same, but theyre awesome listen to the intro of Blitkrieg Bop And The Intro of We're a happy family, and than listen to the first 20 seconds of loudmouth..

loudmouths just blitzkrieg and were a happy family put together..

but i lov th ramones, specially Dee Dee, and i love his song Love Kills bout sid vicious

Gustavo
07-31-2009, 05:39 AM
No. Truth be told, I really don't follow any incarnation of the Ramones except the original (Joey, Johnny, Dee Dee, Tommy and Marky... and maybe Richie)

So, you don't like the songs that CJ sings? Like Cretin Family, Strength To Endure, The Crusher, R.A.M.O.N.E.S. (Motörhead cover)...

And how can you like Richie more than CJ?

The Piano
07-31-2009, 06:58 AM
the ramones awesome band with radical music. one of my favourite punk rock bands. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Blitz!
07-31-2009, 07:33 AM
I wish Joey, Johnny and Dee Dee were still alive so that the Ramones could tour again. You can never replace any of those guys in that band.

Agreed

Well... they essentially invented "3 chord happy punk".

They were definitely a "fuck art, lets dance band"; which is probably why i love them so much; they were totally unpretentious.

The Clash were more creative song writers, but we're talking about punk rock here, complexity isn't really the end goal.

Agreed

I have always loved the Ramones and probably always will. I even have proof : http://www.offspring.com/forums/member.php?u=13400 ;) But I must confess that I am an 'old school' Ramones fan, not really into the new guys *sorry Gus* because it is just not the same. Joey, Johnny and Dee Dee are the Ramones and always will be ... for me at least.

Ninty Man
07-31-2009, 07:43 AM

there's no such thing as happy punk. I respect you thomas, and I won't discuss this any more beyond this post, but PLIZ, don't ever mention that again.

Gustavo
07-31-2009, 07:56 AM
But I must confess that I am an 'old school' Ramones fan, not really into the new guys *sorry Gus* because it is just not the same. Joey, Johnny and Dee Dee are the Ramones and always will be ... for me at least.

Not a problem, Marika. ;)
Of course that Joey, Johnny and Dee Dee are irreplaceable. The world is not the same now that they no longer are amongs us. But Dee Dee left because he wanted to, he wasn't kicked out of the band or something like that, it's not CJ's fault that he left, so, give him some credit!
And most of my favorite songs are the old ones, though I must admit that I really loved the Adiós Amigos! album.

The Ramones' music has been influencing music and generations from the moment they first played those three chord songs, and they will continue to do so untill the world sees its last sunrise.

Outerspaceman21
07-31-2009, 10:32 AM
So, you don't like the songs that CJ sings? Like Cretin Family, Strength To Endure, The Crusher, R.A.M.O.N.E.S. (Motörhead cover)...

And how can you like Richie more than CJ?

Dee Dee is Ramones only bass player in my opinion. I'm not saying their later stuff is bad, but I prefer their earlier stuff.

Szandi
07-31-2009, 12:20 PM
I very like this band.
The drummer is hungarian. Tommy Ramone= Tamás Erdélyi

mascerveza
07-31-2009, 02:36 PM

sometimes, in music, simplicity is the key for beautifulness (L) but some people might like more complex music

and for iGustavo: i had a great time too!!! they played songs i thought i'd never hear live, like "swallow my pride" and "it's a long way back"... it was awesome

fedepunk
08-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Anyway, The Ramones is one of my favorite bands and one of the bands that I listen to the most.

I've recently been blessed with the pleasure of meeting a Ramone (CJ Ramone) and the man who is known as the fifth Ramone (Daniel Rey), as well. I also got to see them play 20 classic Ramones songs, 2 Bad Chopper songs and 1 Motörhead song, that was one of the best days of my entire life.

Oh, and welcome to the boards.

thank you for the welcome!
i can't believe that you met CJ Ramone. it's exellent! when did you meet them?how?
the ramones is one of my fauvorite bands!
sorry for asking a lot of questions, i never talked with a person who met the ramones

SMASHedTHEignition
08-03-2009, 12:40 AM
best four bands in my opinion nirvana offspring sex pistols and RAMONES..

Gustavo
08-03-2009, 05:11 PM
and for iGustavo: i had a great time too!!! they played songs i thought i'd never hear live, like "swallow my pride" and "it's a long way back"... it was awesome

Yeah, they played those here, too. But I was completely amazed to see them play Endless Vacation, a classic that our master Dee Dee used to sing. He's good at singing that song, I must say. And it was also amazing to see him play and sing songs such as Strength To Endure and R.A.M.O.N.E.S., I just wish they had played "Cretin Family", "The Crusher" and "Got A Lot To Say". But it's ok, I guess I'm already lucky enough for having seen, met and talked to Ramone and the Ramones' producer as well.

thank you for the welcome!
i can't believe that you met CJ Ramone. it's exellent! when did you meet them?how?
the ramones is one of my fauvorite bands!
sorry for asking a lot of questions, i never talked with a person who met the ramones

You are more than welcome, man! :) I'm sure you'll like it here a lot.
So, yeah... I met him last month, July 9th, in a brazilian city called Goiânia, he, Daniel Rey (He wrote some of The Ramones most popular songs, by the way... Such songs as Pet Sematary, I Believe In Miracles, I Wanna Live and many other songs, including a not so known one that I'm a big fan of, Cretin Family. So, back to the original subject, they came here to do a concert and I went there to see them, there was also an autograph section before the concert.
So, I was at the place where the autograph section would take place waiting for them to arrive, and ther he is, CJ Ramone himself driving a car and parking it... He got out of the car with Daniel, Brant a security guard, he shook hands with some people, waved and went to the table with the other guys for the signing section to start... And it was pretty cool because the security guards weren't bitching about getting to close to them, talking to them and stuff, I believe the security guard of theirs was a Ramones fan and that's why he wasn't an asshole... I talked to Daniel for a while, told him about the influence the music he helped to make had over me, he was very kind, I told him that I'd spent 4 hours in a bus to get to Goiânia to see them and, he slapped me in the back and said "We won't let you down" and smiled, so we took a picture together. Then I said hi to Brant Bjork, shook his hands, but didn't talk to him. Then I saw CJ, shook his hand, asked him to sign my Adiós Amigos! booklet, he did, took a picture with him. Then I went to Brant Bjork, welcomed him to Brazil and asked him to take a picture. Then I waited for a chance to talk to CJ with a couple more English-speakers who were there, when he was done singing stuff for people. Some people wanted to take pictures with him standing, so I thought, "Hey! Why not take another picture?", so I took another picture, thanked him for being so kind to us and talked to him a bit, there were other people wanting to talk and take pictures with him, so... I went to my brother, and next to him Brant Bjork was standing having a beer, I talked to him again, talked about the concert and stuff... Took another picture with him (We were standing this time), I talked to Daniel a little bit more but didn't take another picture. Then they went to a store that sells rock accessories in the place where the autograph section was taking place, they talked to the owners, signed some instruments and then I left, I heard that a little bit after I left, they left, too. So, I probably didn't miss much :P

Oh, and unfortunately I've never met The Ramones :( Only CJ and Daniel (Who I think is somehow a Ramone). And I don't worry about all these questions, I know how Ramones fans are! CJ and his fellas always go to South America, you're from Argentina, right? You should definitely check them out next time they drop by, and try to talk to them... They're very kind to the fans and it's not hard at all to get near them.

Smash punker
08-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Respect the Ramones:D I always will!