PDA

View Full Version : So today was my first day at my first job...

Sheck0
07-31-2009, 09:40 PM
I finally got around to getting a job (At a gas station, mind you) and today was my first day, exciting right? Yeah well it was not only busy but it poured non-stop throughout my entire shift. The roofs they have over the gas tanks didn't stop my shoes/socks from getting soaked which helped towards my feet being in a lot of pain by time I left.

Damn you weather!

SMASHedTHEignition
07-31-2009, 09:43 PM
haha..it musnt b very insulated if u stil got wet..haha

i sleep in my garage and the other day it was so cold my tin roof froze and when i woke up it was dripping :/

Sheck0
07-31-2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah but I can't really complain since the hardest part of my job is making sure people that don't know you can't self-serve in NJ do my job for me. Yeah... >_>

_Lost_
08-01-2009, 12:43 AM
First jobs usually suck.

I enjoyed my first job for the most part. My biggest issue was that for some reason the floor was ALWAYS wet with the old General Manager there. When we got a new one, the floor was magically always dry. I always had cold ankles where my pants would get wet and if I wore chucks to work, I'd have frozen feet all day. Not fun :(

SMASHedTHEignition
08-01-2009, 03:37 AM
First jobs usually suck.

I enjoyed my first job for the most part. My biggest issue was that for some reason the floor was ALWAYS wet with the old General Manager there. When we got a new one, the floor was magically always dry. I always had cold ankles where my pants would get wet and if I wore chucks to work, I'd have frozen feet all day. Not fun :(

my first job was a paper delivery boy it was bad pay and it took 4 hours to fold al th papers, 4 to deliver and you had to carruy a 30 kilo bag around for most of it..it sucked!

Sheck0
08-01-2009, 09:31 AM
First jobs usually suck.

Was your first job a bathroom attendant? >_>

randman21
08-01-2009, 12:49 PM
My first job was a janitor at a fitness center. The best thing about the job was that I could work whenever and for how long I wanted, plus I could work out for free, which I was big into at the time. But that was outweighed by having to clean bathrooms and see 80-year-old ball sacks every day.

EDIT: Congrats, Sheck0! You didn't mention whether you are inclined to go back or not.

Gustavo
08-01-2009, 01:10 PM
I remember my first job, it was pretty cool. I worked as a web designer and developed websites for many companies around here.

I remember that I was completely lost during my first day, but I eventually got used to it... The main problem was that my former bosses had a little problem with paying me. :P

Sheck0
08-01-2009, 04:39 PM
My first job was a janitor at a fitness center. The best thing about the job was that I could work whenever and for how long I wanted, plus I could work out for free, which I was big into at the time. But that was outweighed by having to clean bathrooms and see 80-year-old ball sacks every day.

EDIT: Congrats, Sheck0! You didn't mention whether you are inclined to go back or not.

Oh yeah, I'm up for working a couple of overnight shifts a week right now. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the possibility of being bored to death. Thanks for the congrats, it took me long enough to get my first job.

Llamas
08-01-2009, 05:46 PM
making sure people that don't know you can't self-serve in NJ do my job for me.

What? Making sure people do your job for you?

My first job was at Little Caesar's. It sucked for the first couple months til we got a sweet manager and an even sweeter assistant manager. I'd open the store with the asst and since it was dead in the morning, all we'd do was make dough, and then sit up front while she smoked and we just hung out and talked. And she'd always give me money to go across the street to McDonalds and get us some cappuccinos. So we'd hang out and drink those from 11am to 3pm and blast Tenacious D because they were soooooo in at the time :P

Omni
08-01-2009, 06:08 PM

My first job was at Little Caesar's. It sucked for the first couple months til we got a sweet manager and an even sweeter assistant manager. I'd open the store with the asst and since it was dead in the morning, all we'd do was make dough, and then sit up front while she smoked and we just hung out and talked. And she'd always give me money to go across the street to McDonalds and get us some cappuccinos. So we'd hang out and drink those from 11am to 3pm and blast Tenacious D because they were soooooo in at the time :P

I fucking hate that. You get spoiled at a job with a cool manager and lax working conditions, and you or the boss always eventually quit because even though the job doesn't usually feel like going to work, i's always like minimum wage. And eventually you get tired of living from paycheck to paycheck and cutting already short expenses.

Homer
08-01-2009, 06:28 PM
My first job was fucking awesome.

There was this 'haunted forest' near my town, and I got a job taking tours around it. I had to take groups around whilst acting in character. I got to make up stories, improvise, joke around, and make children cry.

It was a fantastic job.

Llamas
08-01-2009, 06:46 PM
I fucking hate that. You get spoiled at a job with a cool manager and lax working conditions, and you or the boss always eventually quit because even though the job doesn't usually feel like going to work, i's always like minimum wage. And eventually you get tired of living from paycheck to paycheck and cutting already short expenses.

Yeah but those kinds of jobs get old really quick. I worked there three months... and every job I've had that was super easy and relaxing ended up getting boring. In the end, I'd prefer to do a job that I really enjoy. Teaching classes always goes by super fast because I enjoy it, even though it's hard work.

Sheck0
08-01-2009, 07:15 PM

No making sure they don't do my job for me. My job is to serve gas and people in NJ aren't allowed to pump their own gas.

Llamas
08-01-2009, 07:25 PM
No making sure they don't do my job for me. My job is to serve gas and people in NJ aren't allowed to pump their own gas.

Ah, you just said it wrong... makes sense now... but that would be so irritating! I'd be really annoyed if I couldn't pump my own gas... I avoid full service places for that reason... though it's nice that it creates jobs.

Drafan
08-02-2009, 07:35 AM
Itīs mostly hard for young people to get a good place in these days. I remember my first day in spas, it was Ok, because the boss was very patient, I only had to ask a lot of questions to understand how everything works. Only if the money were better.

nieh
08-02-2009, 08:02 AM
My first job was at Shop Rite pushing carts in the parking lot. One day I got yelled at by the daytime manager for going out and collecting carts in the rain, saying I wasn't allowed to do that. Later that night, the night time manager yelled at me for not going out in the rain to collect carts. It was fun.