PDA

View Full Version : So who else....

BigFish
08-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Is gonna be extremely pissed if our boys go over to Spain and other places in this next month or so and play all the songs we wanted to hear that never came out on their North American tour? I get the feeling the non-English natives are gonna get some different songs because they'll get into the music either way because they can't understand the words anyhow. I'm gonna be seriously upset if they get live versions of Takes Me Nowhere or Nothingtown and I got Pretty Fly and Why Don't You Get A Job live for the 5th time.

Napster Sam
08-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Never heard them live but i heard they don't play many old song from there self titled album and ignition. That's a shame because these are probarly the best 2 albums :( . So I agree with you

Blitz!
08-01-2009, 08:41 AM
Is gonna be extremely pissed if our boys go over to Spain and other places in this next month or so and play all the songs we wanted to hear that never came out on their North American tour? I get the feeling the non-English natives are gonna get some different songs because they'll get into the music either way because they can't understand the words anyhow. I'm gonna be seriously upset if they get live versions of Takes Me Nowhere or Nothingtown and I got Pretty Fly and Why Don't You Get A Job live for the 5th time.

Firstly, how can you just assume that people from foreign countries don't understand English. Secondly, the setlist has been more or less the same since 2008.

RageAndLov
08-01-2009, 08:44 AM
We want Lightning Rod!

Tijs
08-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Most people in European countries speak English well enough to sing along. If you'd take a look at the Japanese (where a lot less people speak English), the biggest difference is that Self Esteem is often replaced with One Fine Day. That's about it.

And besides, it works both ways, if they play different songs here, they play different songs in the US too.

Outerspaceman21
08-01-2009, 09:54 AM
It wouldn't bother me because I'm satisfied with the current set list. I don't know everyone is bitching the band not playing the songs they want to hear. Big deal. They play the songs I would like to hear. Sure, I might not get to hear some of my faves like Demons (A Mexican Fiesta), Take It Like a Man, or It'll Be A Long Time, but I'm cool with that.

Napster Sam
08-01-2009, 10:11 AM
It wouldn't bother me because I'm satisfied with the current set list. I don't know everyone is bitching the band not playing the songs they want to hear. Big deal. They play the songs I would like to hear. Sure, I might not get to hear some of my faves like Demons (A Mexican Fiesta), Take It Like a Man, or It'll Be A Long Time, but I'm cool with that.

what's the current playlist then :p? Need to be well prepared for the pukkelpop festival .

jacknife737
08-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Most people in European countries speak English well enough to sing along. If you'd take a look at the Japanese (where a lot less people speak English), the biggest difference is that Self Esteem is often replaced with One Fine Day. That's about it.

And besides, it works both ways, if they play different songs here, they play different songs in the US too.

Yeah, the only place that i had a noticeable difference it setlists was Japan. Plus don't they play like Original Prankster there as well; i'm quite happy to let them have that one......

nameless
08-01-2009, 05:59 PM
they just dont seem to play much older material at all, i dont think it has anything to do with the country!

SMASHedTHEignition
08-01-2009, 08:05 PM
We want Lightning Rod!

hell fuckn yeah we do!

Outerspaceman21
08-01-2009, 09:18 PM
what's the current playlist then :p? Need to be well prepared for the pukkelpop festival .

I wouldn't know because I missed my chance to see them.

Napster Sam
08-02-2009, 01:25 AM
I wouldn't know because I missed my chance to see them.

aw :( Anyone else now what they are playing nowadays?

psimate
08-02-2009, 01:49 AM
this is a really stupid thread...

SelfEsteem94
08-02-2009, 02:39 AM
We want Lightning Rod!
no we dont,
we want older stuff,
from their debut album and Ignition.

RageAndLov
08-02-2009, 03:08 AM
no we dont,
we want older stuff,
from their debut album and Ignition.

That too. It was kinda ment as a joke :p

BigFish
08-02-2009, 01:58 PM
To those who are asking what they're playing now on their shows...Here's a list of the songs they played at the 2 shows I went to. Yes they played the exact same setlist, it just wasnt in this order.

Have You Ever
Staring At The Sun
Pretty Fly For A White Guy
The Kids Aren't Alright
Walla Walla
Why Don't You Get A Job
Americana
(Yes....7 fucking Americana songs on the Shit Is Fucked Up tour...)
Bad Habit
Gotta Get Away
Come Out and Play
Self Esteem
All I Want
Gone Away on Piano
Want You Bad
Can't Get My Head Around You
Half-Truism
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
Hammerhead
Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?
Stuff Is Messed Up

So that's...15 songs that are singles. Fantastic news for the yuppie fan who only listens to the radio, I'm sure you'll really be entertained. However, the hardcore fan who wants to hear other songs live, you may be disappointed.

RageAndLov
08-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Wow, they should cut down some Americana songs, and put in more RAFRAG, Ixnay and Ignition songs.

Beaker
08-02-2009, 04:18 PM
I dont mind what songs they play,

i am just quiet happy just to see them live as they dont always come here, :(

SMASHedTHEignition
08-03-2009, 04:00 AM
id b happy just to see them but itd b even awesomer to hear get it right and LAPD and all ignition and s/t live

Little_Miss_1565
08-03-2009, 08:02 AM
In related news, the sky is blue, water is wet, and puppies are adooooorable.

RyanSabotage
08-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Is gonna be extremely pissed if our boys go over to Spain and other places in this next month or so and play all the songs we wanted to hear that never came out on their North American tour?

i will be pissed

Little_Miss_1565
08-03-2009, 01:14 PM
What's with all the posessiveness on the forums lately? Are they your own personal performing monkeys?

RyanSabotage
08-03-2009, 01:19 PM
we pay them to perform
therefore, yes

Rutegard
08-03-2009, 01:20 PM
What's with all the posessiveness on the forums lately? Are they your own personal performing monkeys?

ahahah personal performing monkeys (this made my day), damn girl, u rock more when u r feverish, so it seems!!

bouncingcoles
08-03-2009, 01:40 PM

they are going to play pretty much the exact same songs. when havent they played pretty much the same songs. perhaps they will throw in 1 or 2 different songs but thats it

nightvision
08-03-2009, 02:20 PM
This thread is so full of crybabies and it's making me sick. Haven't we discussed this topic enough already? Sure, I'd also like them to mix up the setlist more but I don't bitch and moan about it.

Little_Miss_1565
08-03-2009, 02:46 PM
we pay them to perform
therefore, yes

I seriously hope you're joking. Because if you're not, this is the most bullshit attitude I've read in awhile.

ThunderPX
08-03-2009, 03:53 PM

I hope they play everything they don't normally play because this post is fucking stupid.

BigFish
08-03-2009, 08:14 PM
I hope they play everything they don't normally play because this post is fucking stupid.

And you're fucking stupid for just coming into the thread to post that response when you could have just ignored it.

Rutegard
08-04-2009, 12:07 AM
And you're fucking stupid for just coming into the thread to post that response when you could have just ignored it.

and i thought that ignoring something was like the worst attitude u could have...boy i was wrong then

Smash_Returns
08-04-2009, 12:15 AM

Multi-cultural fail.
First) Just because they aren't in an english-speaking country doesn't mean they don't know english.

Second) Lyrics aren't the only things that define a song. They still would know the songs, even if they don't speak english.

Blitz!
08-04-2009, 04:51 AM

If you weren't interested in everyone's opinion, why did you open this thread.

Little_Miss_1565
08-04-2009, 07:46 AM
Okay, so you started the thread to whine pre-emptively about something that probably isn't going to happen but the band is fully within rights to do...and now you're whining that people are calling you out for whining. Stop whining.