PDA

View Full Version : hello...AUSTRALIA!?!?

kisha222
08-04-2009, 04:39 AM
How come we get to miss out, because we're so far away??? Guaranteed sold out tickets in Brisbane. Please???

Beaker
08-05-2009, 05:35 PM
it sucks, but they were only here not long ago for the soundwave festival,

still sucks, but i am sure they are comeing.

Kitten
08-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Don't worry, they haven't said that they are never coming down to Australia again. I am sure that they will get around to us.

kisha222
08-15-2009, 02:25 AM
Missed the soundwave festival, so it kinda sucks... and by the way: 23 hours of offspring is not an obsession(never enough of a good thing)

it sucks, but they were only here not long ago for the soundwave festival,

still sucks, but i am sure they are comeing.

kisha222
08-15-2009, 02:27 AM
Fingers crossed...

Don't worry, they haven't said that they are never coming down to Australia again. I am sure that they will get around to us.

SMASHedTHEignition
08-17-2009, 08:35 PM
hahahaa...

theyre coming!

Greg-K's-PENIS
08-19-2009, 07:21 AM
saweet brahh!!
Can't wait till they anounce dates 4 sydney :D

Beaker
08-19-2009, 05:29 PM
i am gunna do a holiday up the east coast and see all the sydeny, newcastle, queensland and melbourne shows. hopefully, i have family all there, so free accomidation and food. :D

dexter12296566
08-19-2009, 08:07 PM
I want to go to Australia.

no1ozfan
08-19-2009, 09:30 PM
The end of August the sideshows for BDO gets announced. If the Offspring announce end of Jan. Chances are they will be at BDO also either way We GET OFFSPRING!!!!!!!

Tehran25
08-20-2009, 05:16 AM
What are the chances of them coming to Newcastle? I mean i'd go to a Sydney show but it's more effort for me! :P

Beaker
08-20-2009, 05:51 AM
they have been to newcastle before, but i dont reckon they will go this time. Not enough support.

rise_and_fall
08-21-2009, 01:26 AM
Sydney on October 29! It'll be the first time I see them live

Greg-K's-PENIS
08-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Sydney on October 29! It'll be the first time I see them live

Haha same :p
My sister just went to the enmore thearter for the AAR concert, I would of thought it would be at a bigger venue but meh oh well :D

Dexterina
08-25-2009, 01:37 AM
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=135916786224

JOIN ME

petition for offspring to make adelaide/perth shows

SPREAD
THE
WORD

Lizilla
08-25-2009, 03:14 AM
Can anyone confirm if the Brisbane gig is 18+? Ticketek seems to only be selling 18+ tickets...

no1ozfan
08-25-2009, 06:23 PM
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=135916786224

JOIN ME

petition for offspring to make adelaide/perth shows

SPREAD
THE
WORD

Mate I will join make it Sydney and Brisbane Larger venues aswell and you will have more support. 2200 at Enmore is bullshit

Beaker
08-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Got tickets to mega rampage, wanna go to sydney too, any one going to either?

no1ozfan
08-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Got tickets to mega rampage, wanna go to sydney too, any one going to either?

I am trying to go to Sydney the Problem is the stupid enmore only holds 2200 people so might sellout before hand but I have 6 people trying on Tues for me

Beaker
08-30-2009, 05:28 PM
I am trying to go to Sydney the Problem is the stupid enmore only holds 2200 people so might sellout before hand but I have 6 people trying on Tues for me

yeah, same. i really wanna go to the Sydney one aswell. we shall see.

no1ozfan
08-30-2009, 07:34 PM
worse case I will just road trip it to Melb and watch them there

Beaker
08-31-2009, 12:08 AM
i think you will get some. i doubt it will sell out straight away.

no1ozfan
08-31-2009, 08:44 PM
I got tix. I will be front row front of stage Hell yeah

Beaker
08-31-2009, 08:48 PM
thats great, i got them too, not sure where i am though, i have'nt checked.:D

no1ozfan
09-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Anyone else going to watch the boys? We finaaly got our Oz shows people

rise_and_fall
09-02-2009, 10:39 PM
I've bought tickets to the Sydney show, lets just say i'm pumped :D

Greg-K's-PENIS
09-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Im pretty sure I'll be going to the sydney show!
Hopefully I'll get mosh tix :D

Beaker
09-03-2009, 12:56 AM
great to see people going, its gunna be awesome,

Greg-K's-PENIS
09-07-2009, 06:48 PM
My ticket is for "floor 2", does any1 here no where that wud be?
my sister sed tht it's not just floor tickets and seat tickets cos the ground is all split up, so if your tickets is for the back of the standing area you can't go to the front. im hopeing floor two is in front of the stage cos I wanna catch a pik :p

no1ozfan
09-07-2009, 09:30 PM
It's just behind the front floor. I am in the front. It's tiny there so you can stand infront of the stage there just might be 100 or so people in the front floor. Nah sorry man i think it will be split in 2. Dont worry it's still a mad view from their coz it's so small

Greg-K's-PENIS
09-08-2009, 02:24 AM
aw darn, well lucky you eh :)

wow, am I excited :D

jOeYjOeJoE
09-08-2009, 07:17 AM
I've got front section mosh tickets at Sydney. I bought them when they went on sale straight away.

HectorX
09-08-2009, 06:54 PM
I've got front section mosh tickets at Sydney. I bought them when they went on sale straight away.

So did I.. nice choice of venue with the Enmore. :D

rise_and_fall
09-10-2009, 01:11 AM
I haven't been to the enmore, how many people does it hold? Haha my sister bought my tickets for since I was at school lol

no1ozfan
09-10-2009, 05:16 PM
2200. It seems smaller but a nice little venue

stabbersandbangers
09-11-2009, 02:02 AM
It totally sucks that they're not coming over to New Zealand.

HectorX
09-15-2009, 09:10 AM
2200. It seems smaller but a nice little venue

It's a little on the small side but has a reputation for hosting very intense concerts.. should be interesting either way.

I can walk there too, so double yay.

Lizilla
09-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Might mention here that the Brisbane show has completely sold out. Also if you hop onto their myspace website you can pick the setlist - for Brisbane anyway, assuming there will be another link for the Sydney show.

Was shocked that Brisbane sold out so quickly seeing as its an 18+ event! The Tivoli doesnt hold too many though.

randman21
09-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Damn. Australia deserves every Offspring concert they get. You guys always make 'em feel wanted!

no1ozfan
09-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Might mention here that the Brisbane show has completely sold out. Also if you hop onto their myspace website you can pick the setlist - for Brisbane anyway, assuming there will be another link for the Sydney show.

Was shocked that Brisbane sold out so quickly seeing as its an 18+ event! The Tivoli doesnt hold too many though.

Can you post the setlist? Anyone? It's not working for me. I am going to Sydney but they should both be the same.

Crisdias
09-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Hey Guys! I'm a fan since I was a kid, and now that I finally have the opportunity to see the band, guess what?? No Tickets in Brisbane...Please another date in here or more tickets available

Lizilla
09-17-2009, 07:26 AM
Hey Cris,

Best you can do is rock up to the Tivoli a few hours before the gig is due to start and hope that someone is trying to get rid of tickets, that or start scouring RAVE and Time Off magazines "For Sale/Giveaway" section in the coming weeks :)

HectorX
09-18-2009, 12:10 AM
http://www.pickrset.com/bands/theoffspring/

Personally I am bummed that D.U.I isn't an option, but I think everyone should pick Mota because, you know, that's a pretty good song.

Edit: Current Sydney setlist from that site:

1 You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
(Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace)

2 Bad Habit
(Smash)

3 Self-Esteem
(Smash)

4 She's Got Issues
(Americana)

5 Me & My Old Lady
(Ixnay on the Hombre)

6 Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?
(Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace)

7 Mota
(Ixnay on the Hombre)

8 The Kids Aren't Alright
(Americana)

9 Americana
(Americana)

10 Lapd
(Ignition)

Lizilla
09-18-2009, 09:53 PM
I've voted for Mota and a few others for Sydney as well as Brisbane.

If anyone attending Brisbane can vote for I'll Be Waiting, Blackball, Mota, Nothing from something and Dirty Magic...that'd be seriously cool. Maybe they'll actually take heed of the list and play some old classics >.<

hughesyboy
09-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Does anyone here know where the good and bad seats are at the Enmore Theatre for their Sydney show? There are only reserved seats left and its in the 'dress circle', which looks like its right up the back.
Can anyone tell me what kind of view you get from up there?

rise_and_fall
09-29-2009, 05:30 AM
anyone hear this interview on Triple M? its actually pretty funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx0corBxTQU

no1ozfan
09-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Does anyone here know where the good and bad seats are at the Enmore Theatre for their Sydney show? There are only reserved seats left and its in the 'dress circle', which looks like its right up the back.
Can anyone tell me what kind of view you get from up there?

There's no bad seats there. It's like a hall at an RSL or something you can see from anywhere

Lizilla
09-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Considering Offspring dont seem to have had any advertising on this tour whatsoever, its pretty huge that they have sold out Brisbane and almost sold out Sydney imo.

I'm happy they arent playing larger venues as well. be so much more intimate at the Tiv.

Budzy
09-29-2009, 11:19 PM
anyone hear this interview on Triple M? its actually pretty funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx0corBxTQU

Wow thanks man that was great! Was a bit angry at them asking Dex about Greenday, but great interview.

no1ozfan
09-30-2009, 05:54 PM
Considering Offspring dont seem to have had any advertising on this tour whatsoever, its pretty huge that they have sold out Brisbane and almost sold out Sydney imo.

I'm happy they arent playing larger venues as well. be so much more intimate at the Tiv.

Yeah it's good. It means just true fans will know about it. What does the Tiv hold? Enmore's 2200

Lizilla
10-03-2009, 06:28 AM
Yeah it's good. It means just true fans will know about it. What does the Tiv hold? Enmore's 2200

Tivoli holds about 1500..so even though its not a small amount, its defs smaller than the Riverstage. They played last time, that holds about 9,000. I'm not entirely sure if that sold out, but it looked pretty packed when they played their last time.

1500 is a good sized gig still, to sell out so quickly with no promo - incredible.

Stevo
10-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Blew me away when I heard they were playing the Tivoli. Hopefully it doesn't get too crazy. I go to many shows at the Tivoli and it gets quite full on.

Really looking forward to it, haven't missed a Brisbane Offspring gig since 1996

Lizilla
10-05-2009, 04:43 AM
Megarampage has been cancelled in Melbourne:

http://www.bombshellzine.com/newspage/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4583

Apparantly though Wu-Tang and Offspring will be changing their venue to Festival Hall. So I'd presume those in Melbourne will still be able to use their ticket to that gig. I dont know capacity or anything down there though :S

Fingers crossed Offspring dont cancel all the aussie dates - surely they cant if the venues sold out in Brisbane and Sydney!

sraven
10-06-2009, 12:44 AM
I hope offspring move to another venue and i can get tickets

I'm in Tassie and booked airfares, hotel and bought tickets for mate and myself, they are both my mate and my all time favorite band

Would suck to not be able to see them

Budzy
10-06-2009, 12:46 AM
lol I just made a thread about this.
Festival Hall? That may actually end up better, now I won't have to pay $160.

Budzy
10-06-2009, 01:02 AM
They are refunding tickets, so I doubt we will be able to use them for the Festival Hall show. Funny how I had to pay around $15 for postage and handling of the tickets, sure my $160 will get refunded, but the bastards took my $15.

Lizilla
10-06-2009, 07:46 AM
Yeah,

I feel so sorry for everyone who did pay for that purely to see one band :(

But Festy Halls a pretty tops venue as well! So all is not lost...as long as you can nab tickets quickly seeing as other bands are playing also.

no1ozfan
10-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Tivoli holds about 1500..so even though its not a small amount, its defs smaller than the Riverstage. They played last time, that holds about 9,000. I'm not entirely sure if that sold out, but it looked pretty packed when they played their last time.

1500 is a good sized gig still, to sell out so quickly with no promo - incredible.

Same in Sydney Enmore holds 2200. LAst time they played Horden which holds 5. They could of played Entertainment Centre 15000 and Acer 25000 and fill them aswell.

I will be able to touch them from the front row

skyragrid
10-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Can you give some more sample question and answers. How great your info is! It really useful for me. Thanks.

cath01
10-08-2009, 01:26 AM

Hi Lizilla i was wanting to take my digital to get some pics but not sure if i should as i would have to take a bag. You have been to the Tivoli and would you recommend just leaving the camera at home?

Does anyone else suggest leaving bag at home just need it for my smokes and camera really. Not really sure how full on it will be at the Tivoli?

HectorX
10-08-2009, 06:36 AM
Same in Sydney Enmore holds 2200. LAst time they played Horden which holds 5. They could of played Entertainment Centre 15000 and Acer 25000 and fill them aswell.

I will be able to touch them from the front row

The Hordern concert was pretty damn good.. as much as I wish they could play there again, I like the idea of being able to walk home from the Enmore. :P

Lizilla
10-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Offspring is now cancelled in Australia :(

Lizilla
10-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Hi Lizilla i was wanting to take my digital to get some pics but not sure if i should as i would have to take a bag. You have been to the Tivoli and would you recommend just leaving the camera at home?

Does anyone else suggest leaving bag at home just need it for my smokes and camera really. Not really sure how full on it will be at the Tivoli?

Even though Offspring is still cancelled for future reference:

If you can wear something with pockets (like maybe camo pants? - JayJays do some cheap male Camo pants, just find the size that fits you) with lots of room thats more ideal than a bag.

Bags are totally allowed at the Tiv though but you will have to be subjected to a bag inspection :)

I've taken a bag in to gigs at Riverstage and Tiv before and just made sure I strapped it to the front of me. I looked like a bit of a plonker, but a few others followed suit because just means its less liable to have things stolen from it. Also gives you a bit more air room in the mosh ;) :)

rise_and_fall
10-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Worst news ever! Why'd they cancel the entire tour? Fucking hell

Budzy
10-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Wow, now that fucking sucks.

Lizilla
10-09-2009, 01:24 AM
It sucks more that there doesnt appear to be a reason for it so far.

"All tickets will be refunded via original ticketing outlets. Please call Ticketek on 132 849 for further information."

Lets just hope they arent playing the BDO seeing as its already sold out! Maybe they have decided to wait until later on in the year so they can get bigger venues and go through each state?

cath01
10-09-2009, 04:53 PM
[QUOTE=Lizilla;1364072]Even though Offspring is still cancelled for future reference:

If you can wear something with pockets (like maybe camo pants? - JayJays do some cheap male Camo pants, just find the size that fits you) with lots of room thats more ideal than a bag.

Bags are totally allowed at the Tiv though but you will have to be subjected to a bag inspection

I've taken a bag in to gigs at Riverstage and Tiv before and just made sure I strapped it to the front of me. I looked like a bit of a plonker, but a few others followed suit because just means its less liable to have things stolen from it. Also gives you a bit more air room in the mosh

Thank you so much for still replying and giving me the hot tip. Will definently remember for next time. I was so stoked and just organising final touches for outfit etc you have been a great help. :D

Totally shattered about the sad news :mad:

Budzy
10-09-2009, 05:05 PM
It sucks more that there doesnt appear to be a reason for it so far.

"All tickets will be refunded via original ticketing outlets. Please call Ticketek on 132 849 for further information."

Lets just hope they arent playing the BDO seeing as its already sold out! Maybe they have decided to wait until later on in the year so they can get bigger venues and go through each state?

The BDO line-up is already out, no Offspring. Rise Against is playing however.

kiwioz
10-09-2009, 08:37 PM
What the fuck, they were meant to be playing festival hall in melbourne with good charlotte since megarampage cancelled. Now the whole tour is cancelled!!!! fuck me the better announce new dates soon!!

Lizilla
10-09-2009, 09:19 PM
The BDO line-up is already out, no Offspring. Rise Against is playing however.

There are 2nd and 3rd announcements though.

Same for Soundwave.

Beaker
10-11-2009, 05:39 PM
thats just so slack, i hate that Dexter can thank the Americans for the support but can not come on here and say a good sorry to the Australians.
oh well, i still am hooked on there songs but god i am out by a lot of money, stupid accommadation will not return deposits, that pisses me off so much more. :(

AD90
10-14-2009, 07:57 AM
Was pretty gutted when I heard this (am a bit slow on news).

Went to the Ticketek outlet and didn't get a refund saying "Until further notice".

No idea if this means that the tickets may still be valid if the tour gets re-scheduled before the previous dates or if just means to go back the day after the scheduled show.

Was very unhappy, though.

AD90
10-14-2009, 09:20 PM
I just got a call then saying my tickets are now refundable.

Beaker
10-14-2009, 09:41 PM
good to hear,

i have gotten used to the idea so i am less pissed. to be honest i was a bit overly angry. i just wish it took faster for a refund,

oh well i guess we can see them next time, :D

AD90
10-14-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm still very annoyed.

3rd time they've come and I haven't been able to see them.

1st time was BDO, too young.
2nd time was Soundwave, wasn't able to get a ticket.
3rd time they cancelled.

But, yeah. Next time. :)

Lizilla
10-15-2009, 01:53 AM
I just got a call then saying my tickets are now refundable.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I'm glad they are actually being refunded because I have a sneaky feeling Offspring will play riverstage when they reschedule.

AD90
10-15-2009, 02:51 AM
That's pretty awesome, although I'd still prefer The Tivoli.

More "personal" I suppose, plus there's no big ass hills.

Might just be me, and I know the Tivoli's expensive. But do you think $80 is a bit much?

Don't get my wrong, they are my favourite band, but still, $80 just seems a bit much.

FuriousPunkBoy
10-15-2009, 05:25 PM
im so gutted, just found out the news apparently the bombshellzine mailout didn't say anything or maby i missed it its a big email, i should of checked here or the myspace more often, but i just got email from ticketek saying all shows were cancelled, i want to cry, i was so very much looking forward to seeing them at the tivoli, its such a small personal venue, i seen HIM there and they were amazing.

let us pray to the rock gods that they announce a show in the future at the riverstage, and that they bring some friends. it would be a sellout

:(:(*sadface* :(:(

AD90
10-16-2009, 01:09 AM
Got my refund today. $83.

Lizilla
10-16-2009, 07:24 AM
im so gutted, just found out the news apparently the bombshellzine mailout didn't say anything or maby i missed it its a big email, i should of checked here or the myspace more often, but i just got email from ticketek saying all shows were cancelled, i want to cry, i was so very much looking forward to seeing them at the tivoli, its such a small personal venue, i seen HIM there and they were amazing.

let us pray to the rock gods that they announce a show in the future at the riverstage, and that they bring some friends. it would be a sellout

:(:(*sadface* :(:(

Bombshell did actually....

its due to Megarampage not being able to get sponsors - henceforth they cant play for additional dates.

AD90
10-16-2009, 09:32 PM
When they do come. I just really hope they don't play one of the festivals. Seeing as I have tickets for neither.

kies6114
10-18-2009, 01:27 AM
Was living in Washington DC when they talked to the fellas here in australia touring. Now here in Brisbane and could see them local.... shame... Makes business sense though...

chez26z
10-20-2009, 06:00 AM
Was living in Washington DC when they talked to the fellas here in australia touring. Now here in Brisbane and could see them local.... shame... Makes business sense though...

:) if they announce new dates 4 syd or brissy can some 1 notify me a.s.a.p thanx heaps!! :)

tom.swaine
10-20-2009, 06:18 AM
so they book 1 show, in melbourne. they consequently decide they might as well do some more while they're out this way. me and six of my friends spend upward of $500 each to arrange flights to sydney to see our favourite band. the wu tang clan cancel, resulting in the cancellation of the festival in melbourne. the offspring, who were going to come for that sole show, subsequently cancel their whole tour, instead of simply changing the venue of the melbourne show. meanwhile the wu tang clan are now coming again and are doing a seperate show in melbourne, this whole situation blows!

greetethomas
10-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Hello Friends,
I'm done with my exams.... and planning about a tour with my family.All of us have decided to go AUSTRALIA...
While surfing net for all the spectacular and beautiful tourist places over there, I came across this site so just stopped by to say.....HI
SEE YOU SOON Australia....

Luvo85
11-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Still cant beleive they dumped all shows,i travelled 2.5 hrs by train and 2 hrs by car to get to sydney for their gig,only to find out they werent playing,instead we got on the piss. Wish my bro checked his emails better