PDA

View Full Version : Kyuss!

SMASHedTHEignition
08-04-2009, 06:15 AM
So some of use have heard of the band Kyuss?

well i was just wondering what you guys thought of em and if anyone has any of their songs?

Alex101
08-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Yeah, I've heard of Kyuss. That's the band Josh Homme played guitar with before he started Queens of the Stone Age. I know a few Kyuss songs, including "Demon Cleaner", which is also on Guitar Hero: Metallica.

Phil594
08-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Kyuss is one of the best stoner bands. Period. Green Machine is an awesome song.

Rooster
08-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Have i heard of them? Are you kidding me? Me and one of my friends are making a KYUSS and QOTSA cover band! Well, maybe we'll have some tracks of our own later, but in the beginning we plan to play just covers (it's a side-project band, since we both already have our own bands).

Also, Gardenia is the perfect opening track for Welcome To The Sky Valley (also it's very easy to play on guitar). That album rocks so hard, no filler tracks.

Superdope
08-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Fact: Everything Homme has ever touched is musical gold. Kyuss definitely included. I think I have all they've ever done, even rarities and stuff.

Also, since this seems like it could be the appropriate place to put this, let's play a little game. If I say Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones you say...? That's right. one of the sickest collaborations with an album worth of material soon to be released.

pArAda
08-04-2009, 01:38 PM
I don't like them.

nieh
08-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Also, since this seems like it could be the appropriate place to put this, let's play a little game. If I say Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones you say...? That's right. one of the sickest collaborations with an album worth of material soon to be released.

I bet it sounds pretty much the same as all of Homme's other stuff. (I don't mean that in a bad way)

Also, I feel like I should give Kyuss another try since I've only ever heard a couple of songs by them and wasn't thrilled by them at the time. What album should I check out?

pArAda
08-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Blues for the Red Sun. It's their best album. I sort of liked some of the songs. But speaking overall, I don't like them. But give it a try.

Superdope
08-04-2009, 01:55 PM
I'd say ...And the Circus Left Town or Welcome to Sky Valley

SKy Valley was the album that got me into them, but Circus was the one that made me go omfgthisislykereallygood. Other people seem to think it's their worst, so I don't know if my opinion should be taken as fact. What songs did you hear that didn't tickle your fancy?

nieh
08-04-2009, 02:09 PM
I don't remember, it's been such a long time since I had downloaded them.

Superdope
08-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Then I have no choice but to give you links (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jm3znzn2mmw) to both (http://www.mediafire.com/?yth2kzm2ykq)

nieh
08-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Thanks, I'll try to give both of them a listen tomorrow.

SMASHedTHEignition
08-05-2009, 04:21 AM
black widow is a great song

Rooster
08-05-2009, 04:34 AM

I'm getting really excited about this... Last time Homme and Grohl collaborated one of the best albums ever came out - Songs For The Deaf by QOTSA. So i'm really glad that Dave decided to get behind the drum kit once again - in my opinion he should have stayed behind the drums, because he's an amazing drummer, while he doesn't stand out much as a guitar player.

Anyway, i don't expect this to be like SFTD, but i DO expect this to be one kickass record when they release it...

nieh
08-05-2009, 08:33 AM
I forgot how bland a singer Kyuss had.

Superdope
08-12-2009, 10:37 AM
A little update on the whole Foo Zeppelin Queens collab. Don't get too excited (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQEOEnQlXjg), it's only 14 seconds

SMASHedTHEignition
08-12-2009, 11:19 PM
I forgot how bland a singer Kyuss had.

bland singer :D thats what makes them even betta