PDA

View Full Version : This is a message to the OFFSPRING!!

lucianebrazil
08-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Hello Guys!
This is a message from an old, very old fan from you guys. I was like 15 and now Im 26, and you know how the things are when you get old: kids, job, but I still get freak when I see The Offspring and remember how I was !
Anyway, I really want a pic that Dexter put in the website in 99 (yeah, 99) a picture that he took in Brazil (a festival called Skol Rock, with Bad Religion and The Vandals) and selected as the greatest fucking awesome pic of the year, and I am there (me and my friend)! So thats why I reaaally want this pic, for a remember. I still have hope that you answer, ´cause Noodles did once, so..

My email is -removed-

Thanks a looot!

Gustavo
08-04-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm not a The Offspring member, but I have that picture and I gladly can give it to you. :)

http://s5.tinypic.com/246tkes.jpg

randman21
08-04-2009, 07:40 PM
I am going to send you emails.

Gustavo
08-04-2009, 07:42 PM
I am going to send you emails.

Then she is the luckiest BBSer ever, she has only one post and already is receiving e-mals sent by Randy?

randman21
08-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Nah, man. She got Gustavo to take a minute from his insane important schedule to help her relive a beautiful moment in her life. She is lucky, but for a different reason.

Rutegard
08-06-2009, 01:12 AM
its a nice pic but its too small lol

JoY
08-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Hello Guys!
This is a message from an old, very old fan from you guys. I was like 15 and now Im 26, and you know how the things are when you get old: kids, job, but I still get freak when I see The Offspring and remember how I was !
Anyway, I really want a pic that Dexter put in the website in 99 (yeah, 99) a picture that he took in Brazil (a festival called Skol Rock, with Bad Religion and The Vandals) and selected as the greatest fucking awesome pic of the year, and I am there (me and my friend)! So thats why I reaaally want this pic, for a remember. I still have hope that you answer, ´cause Noodles did once, so..

My email is -removed-

Thanks a looot!

how are you very old??

oh my god, soon I'll be acient. :/

randman21
08-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Haha, hopefully she means "old" as in "long-time".

JoY
08-06-2009, 01:25 PM
but I thought that's exactly what the Offspring is; something you totally love when still in your teens & will always love after that for sentimental reasons.

lucianebrazil
08-06-2009, 02:13 PM
there is no problem it is small..THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH MAAAAN!!:D

lucianebrazil
08-06-2009, 02:17 PM
randman21 Im wainting for your email!! hehehe
Guys, I mean old like...how many people do you know that are fans for like 10 years???

KHWHD
08-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Guys, I mean old like...how many people do you know that are fans for like 10 years???

A lot. 13 here.

randman21
08-06-2009, 05:42 PM
randman21 Im wainting for your email!! hehehe

HAHAHAHA, I expected you to be alarmed, but I guess you're cool. Comin' right up!

A lot. 13 here.
Haha, where'd you get 13 from? But you're right. There are a lot here, but the percentage is rather small. And then compared to those who have been big fans at one point but aren't now, you and Luciane are a rare breed.

KHWHD
08-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Haha, where'd you get 13 from? But you're right. There are a lot here, but the percentage is rather small. And then compared to those who have been big fans at one point but aren't now, you and Luciane are a rare breed.

13 years... lol. Meaning me, that is. :p

lucianebrazil
08-07-2009, 07:24 AM
God...of course is rare...specially for a "new" band..and not like..beatles you know!!
I mean...I have offspring interviews in a VHS tape..most of ppl here even know what is this!!!

Rutegard
08-07-2009, 08:13 AM
God...of course is rare...specially for a "new" band..and not like..beatles you know!!
I mean...I have offspring interviews in a VHS tape..most of ppl here even know what is this!!!

i own vhs with offspring interviews too, one of them being extremely rare :P

Free?
08-07-2009, 08:38 AM
When Manic Subsidal changed their name to The Offspring I (without any reason) pee'd a skull logo on the wall in kindergarten. Ha!

storm1971sf
08-07-2009, 12:45 PM
It seems 12 or 13 years..I rembber when come out and play was the shit..and still my most fav song by the offspring..they rock they rule they are the shit...!!! And all wayz will be..!!!

_Lost_
08-07-2009, 10:35 PM

There are a lot here, but the percentage is rather small. And then compared to those who have been big fans at one point but aren't now, you and Luciane are a rare breed.

Well, just look at the crowds we've seen at offspring shows Randy. There were a few people at the Greensboro radio show that are longtime fans that I know of. There were surely others. Most of the true Offspring fans (not just casual listeners) that I know of have been with them since the Americana era. My dad has liked them since COAP. It seems like most of the fans 18 or 19 and up are more likely to be long time listeners than not, because Americana was such a defining album for radio at the time. Everyone and their brother knows the chorus to Pretty Fly.

I'm Karin and I'm an Offspringaholic for more than 10 years.

Who knew Offspringahol existed???