PDA

View Full Version : Should Suicide Be Legal?

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
08-05-2009, 08:46 AM
do you think a person has the right to take their own life, or should it be illegal(which it is)

and by making it legal it should be an organized suicide conducted by the hospital if a patient asked for it. I don't know if I'm explaining myself right but I'm trying to describe a suicide which doesn't hurt other people except the suicider

Sooooooooooo, should it be legal or should it be kept illegal

Rooster
08-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Suicide always hurts other people too - maybe not phisically (in case of suicide terrorist attacks also phisically, but that's not the topic of this conversation), but mentally. The family of the person who commited suicide goes through a lot of pain and suffers from a great emotional stress, and needs a lot of time to recover, if they ever recover. The only case when suicide would hurt no one other than the person who commited it would be in case when a homeless person without any relatives or friends would kill himself.

Hospitals already help people who want to end their life, at least in some countries, where it is legal. But it's only meant for people who have a lethal disease that can't be cured, and would die anyway. With assisted suicide (the doctor provides the drug, but the patient must take it himself) the patient only ends his suffering, when there would be no reason to carry on with treatment, if it wouldn't help.

So, i think if a patient wants to end his life because treatment wouldn't help, if his death would be inevitable, he should have the right to decide. This is the only kind of suicide that should be accepted - i mean, the person should be able to decide about the way he dies, and instead of pointless suffering he would at least have some dignity in death.

Suicide should only be legal for people with terminal diseases that can not be cured.

Al Coholic
08-05-2009, 11:27 AM
General suicide? No. Assisted suicide, in the case of a terminally ill patient that does not want to hang around and die in a hospice, maybe. Ofcourse they'd have to go through an entire pshychiatric process to make sure they're in clear state of mind and for some reason I'm sure it'd cost like 10,000 to kill someone but yeah, that sounds possibly reasonable.

Veronica Sawyer Smokes
08-05-2009, 11:52 AM
The question is if it can be made legal/illegal. I don't think it should be touched with a law. How are you gonna punish suicided person?

"organized suicide conducted by the hospital" You mean euthanasia? Did you want to make a thread about euthanasia? If yes, and one has irreversible health problems leading to death, then it should be legal.

Legal suicide would be something like a murder because there are better options like help to a suicidal person.

Also, euthanasia is not an assisted suicide. It's just a painless ending of life.

JoY
08-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Suicide should only be legal for people with terminal diseases that can not be cured.

that ain't suicide. that's euthanasia. you can do that in several parts of the world with the help of a doctor, so you can die with dignity, peacefully, without mortifying anyone & getting them a trauma.

yes, suicide should be illegal, because it's messy. it hurts other people, besides the one close to you. I don't want to get too graphic, but you can't just leave your body lying around in the state that it is, after you've done everything to kill it. whatever your meassures for suicide were, it's never going to be pretty. whether someone finds you lying a puddle of blood, or vomit, or hanging from the staircase, crushed to bits on a sidewalk next to a building, or splat to pieces on a train, it's always going to be a traumatising sight for the ones who find you. you can't just check out & expect people to clean after you, it's just immoral.

Rutegard
08-05-2009, 01:48 PM
and i thought that suicide was legal...fuck!

08-05-2009, 02:34 PM
everybody is gonna die eventually so it doesnt matter if the family sufffers, it's what the person wants as long as they kill themselves peacefully without any property damage

wheelchairman
08-05-2009, 03:00 PM
The first issue of this is stupid.

Does it matter if we make general suicide illegal (or legislate on it at all)? If they succeed...well the buggers got away. If they fail...you want to punish a person who attempted suicide, what the fuck?

Anyone who had an opinion on general suicide and its legality should now feel embarrassed.

As for euthanasia, now there's a debate.

RageAndLov
08-05-2009, 03:46 PM
It's my life, and I can do what the fuck I will with it, as long it doesn't hurt anyone.
Around here suicide isn't illegal, it's a human right (lol jk)!
Some places where suicide is illegal, the punishment can be that the corpse won't be buried in a cemetery, but outside, bringing shame upon the dead 8as if he would care).

And as for assisted suicide, why not? If a person is in big pain and will die of a deadly illness, he should be able to do so.

chicapowerpunk
08-05-2009, 03:59 PM
and by making it legal it should be an organized suicide conducted by the hospital if a patient asked for it. I don't know if I'm explaining myself right but I'm trying to describe a suicide which doesn't hurt other people except the suicider

Sooooooooooo, should it be legal or should it be kept illegal

That is called Euthanasia....:O :p

Beaker
08-05-2009, 05:09 PM
DEAR GOD NO,

some people are in a deep depression when they want to suicide, how can anyone say that they can get better, like it has already been stated it is a selfish thing to do to other people who will miss you deeply.

and as everyone has already stated, terminal illness excluded,

Rooster
08-05-2009, 06:17 PM
that ain't suicide. that's euthanasia.

No, if the person takes the drug by himself, it's called an assisted suicide. Euthanasia is when doctor ends the patient's life by injecting the drug by himself. I've done some research on euthanasia a while ago, as it was the topic of my essay for psychology in my final year in highschool.

Smash_Returns
08-05-2009, 10:01 PM
I really don't understand how there can even be legislation on the topic. How do you punish someone who has committed suicide?

I understand that attempts and threats of suicide should be medicated, but that's not committing suicide.

_Lost_
08-06-2009, 01:50 AM
AllIn All, I think you are a little confused. In NC, the only legislation on suicide is that if a police officer, EMT, fire fighter, and I believe other medical personnel, catch you in the act of attempting suicide, then the law says there is an observation period of 48 hours where you must stay in a mental health facility. The act must be attempted in front of the personnel or within a very short time before arrival (like a few minutes). Also, doctors, psychologists and others are legally obligated to help you or notify other authorities if you tell them that you want to/are going to commit suicide.

Besides that, there is little that will be done. If you attempt suicide and then seek medical attention or someone calls 911 after the attempt has already taken place, then they can't do anything of the sort. The only thing they can do is bring you to the hospital to be treated for injuries. Often times, if you seek to be admitted to a mental health facility after the act has taken place, you won't be admitted because of severly overstretched budgets (which is the case across the country), which were already overstretched before massive budget cuts during the recession.

So its not really illegal per say. You can't be fined for it or go to jail or receive a ticket for it or anything like that. You can't really be punished for it. At least not in NC.

I definitely think that there should be a wider criteria for observation admittance for 48 hours if some is suicidal and expresses it to others or attempts suicide at all. Most people who attempt suicide and fail, later realize that they are so grateful that they failed. The problem is that people who attempt suicide don't really see that situations aren't permanent and that things can and will change/get better.

Only like 3% of first time suicide attempts are successful. 50% of those people will try it again. Most people who attempt suicide aren't successful and eventually are very grateful for that.

As for assisted suicide, I've kind of been on the fence about it. The problem is that if it becomes a socially accepted thing, than maybe there will be people pushed into it rather than truly making the decision for themselves. While I think people should have the right to end their physical suffering from a terminal disease, but it becoming a legal practice, I fear, will bring more negative consequences than benefits.

EDIT: Fuckin' A! What is with all my tl;dr posts lately???? Joy, have you started taking over other people's minds to balance out your posting or something?

SMASHedTHEignition
08-06-2009, 01:56 AM
just because it ilegal dont mean people arent gonna do it, they ant get punished so really it dont matter if its legal or not

Greg-K's-PENIS
08-06-2009, 02:19 AM
I often wonder about this question!
i used to think, well its your life so you can do what you want with it, you shouldn't hav to live because of what others think.
But if you were allowed to kill yourself a few years ago, someone i know would not be here today... she was very mentally ill and tried to take her life but she is well good now and im glad she was helped through it all.
so, i don't think you should be able to do it..

Veronica Sawyer Smokes
08-06-2009, 07:28 AM
yes, suicide should be illegal
Go a bit deeper into this. How would the law look like? Would it be there without a punishment just to discourage suicidal people?

Assisted suicide = misleading oxymoron. Anyone who invented the title should have his tongue cut off.

JoY
08-06-2009, 09:04 AM
The first issue of this is stupid.

Does it matter if we make general suicide illegal (or legislate on it at all)? If they succeed...well the buggers got away. If they fail...you want to punish a person who attempted suicide, what the fuck?

Anyone who had an opinion on general suicide and its legality should now feel embarrassed.

As for euthanasia, now there's a debate.

that's a thought that will always cross my mind. punishing someone for being uphappy to the point they don't want to live anymore seems absolutely ridiculous. except legal actions include forced hospitalisation in a mental institution, which is a complicated procedure that requires involvement of the law. secondary prevention. to my understanding, that's basically it. (I see _Lost_ just pointed that out)

wheelchairman
08-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Indeed but I don't think that that falls under the category of legal/illegal (I could definitely be wrong about this). In my understanding of legal/illegal matters there is crime and punishment. Forced hospitalization is no punishment as far as I understand it.

Veronica Sawyer Smokes
08-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Well, being unhappy/threating with suicide is not a suicide. Two different things.

JoY
08-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Indeed but I don't think that that falls under the category of legal/illegal (I could definitely be wrong about this). In my understanding of legal/illegal matters there is crime and punishment. Forced hospitalization is no punishment as far as I understand it.

no, it's not. but it can feel like it is. ;p

it's just an emergency plan, as far as I understand. I should read up on it, by the way, because the exact regulation of the procedure has kind of slipped my mind over the years. but usually forced hospitalisation is a very dreadful, long winded procedure, that takes a thorough examination by two independend psychiatrist (at least, I thought there had to be two. anyway, it can take upto months), a lawyer for the mental patient (who by definition doesn't want to be hospitalised, or else it wouldn't be forced), witnesses, a judge... it takes a whole court. it's arbitrary bureaucratic bullshit that takes a shitload of time (which we just can't find a better way for, since you don't want to lock up someone completely healthy whose family just doesn't want to take care of anymore, or comparable situations like that).

aside from this, mental institutions are very overcrowded in the Western world. making suicide illegal enables the police to step in & take someone in for observation for a period of time in which you can be fairly sure the one who attempted suicide is safe. they bring a psychiatrist over, who makes an evaluation, et cetera. a mental institution might not even be the best solution, but that's exactly what the psychiatrist tries to evaluate in the time he gets. in Amsterdam jailcells pretty much function as an extra mental institution. the police finds some complete nutcase that could be a hazard for himself or others & temporarily bring him in for protection, a meal & a roof over his head. there's just no other way.

maybe it seems immoral to put someone in a jailcell for about 48 hours, because he/she's extremely deeply unhappy, but if you're willing to let these people stay over at your house & watch them 24/7 I guess that would partly settle it.

JoY
08-06-2009, 02:38 PM
...fixed...

nah, suicide's illegal either way. except you can't tie any consequences to performing an illegal act when someone's dead. but in theory it doesn't matter whether it's successful, or not.

zsk
08-06-2009, 03:19 PM
it's totaly crazy to say it is legal or not,it doesn't matter if you're dead,you can't be convicted
so actually nobody,who wants to commit suicide,would think about weather it is legal or not :rolleyes:

Free?
08-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Suicide should be illegal and everyone who was caught while trying to commit such unholy crime should get death penalty for that.

RageAndLov
08-06-2009, 03:52 PM
it's totaly crazy to say it is legal or not,it doesn't matter if you're dead,you can't be convicted
so actually nobody,who wants to commit suicide,would think about weather it is legal or not :rolleyes:

Maybe not in the West, but other places, you will not go to Heaven if you commit suicide. For religious people, that's the worst punishment ever!

RageAndLov
08-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Anyway, I think commiting suicide is cowardly. You should try to fix whatever made you considering suicide.
It is also selfish (somtimes). What about the wife and the children which will be without thier dad?

08-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Suicide should be illegal and everyone who was caught while trying to commit such unholy crime should get death penalty for that.

well why do you say that? back it up with some facts or beliefs of yours
after all, it is the person's live and he can do whatever he wants with it

jacknife737
08-06-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm fine with the current legal consensus regarding suicide laws. A lot of attempts could probably be stopped via a bit of either a cooling off period or a visit with a health care official.

As for euthanasia? Fuck, i'm not really going near that issue with a ten foot poll.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
08-06-2009, 05:02 PM
In relation to the thread, I back WCM on this.

Off topic, what's with the sudden appearance of members making their usernames after song titles from the upcoming AFI album (Veronica Sawyer Smokes and Beautiful Thieves)?

RageAndLov
08-06-2009, 05:30 PM
In relation to the thread, I back WCM on this.

Off topic, what's with the sudden appearance of members making their usernames after song titles from the upcoming AFI album (Veronica Sawyer Smokes and Beautiful Thieves)?

HAU's an AFI fan?

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
08-06-2009, 06:32 PM
He has multiple accounts?

That makes sense. I had an inkling that Beautiful Thieve and Veronica Sawyer Smokes was the same person, but I didn't know that person was HAU. Should have figured though. He's one of the more prominent AFI fans here.

Anyway, sorry for the brief derail, back to suicide discussion.

mrconeman
08-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Euthenasia - debatable. I could go into it, but it isn't what was asked.

Suicide - who gives a flying fuck if it's legal or not? It makes no difference basically because of what WCM said, but to elaborate on something he didn't touch on, I think the only reason it was ever made illegal was as some retarded discouragement for people to actually do it. Anyone considering suicide isn't going to take the relative laws into consideration when they're tightening a noose around their neck.

_Lost_
08-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Maybe not in the West, but other places, you will not go to Heaven if you commit suicide. For religious people, that's the worst punishment ever!
Pretty much condemns you to hell and stuff... if you believe that sort of thing.

Anyway, I think commiting suicide is cowardly. You should try to fix whatever made you considering suicide.
It is also selfish (somtimes). What about the wife and the children which will be without thier dad?
I hate hate HATE when people call suicide a 'cowardly' act. I'm not so bothered by calling it selfish, but cowardly? If someone is suicidal, they think all hope is lost. They can't just be brave and face their fears to make things right. It doesn't quite work like that. As far as they can see, there is no way up. There is only a way out.

Harleyquiiinn
08-07-2009, 02:28 AM
I didn't read everything (not much computer time) so I'm sorry if that hasbeen asked before.

what do you mean suicide is illegal ? :eek: Do you mean that people who tired to kill themselves but missed are prosecuted ???

Here, it is legal for a long time... help to suicide is considered as homicide though...

Rutegard
08-07-2009, 04:16 AM

funny..i think it takes a lot of courage to do so

if it were that simple i wouldnt be here now

_Lost_
08-07-2009, 04:22 AM
Harleyquiiin, in a lot of places, there are laws prohibiting it to try to discourage it, or to mandate that they be institutionalized, etc if someone tries to commit suicide. Of course, if you are successful, then they can't really do anything.

RageAndLov
08-07-2009, 09:19 AM
I hate hate HATE when people call suicide a 'cowardly' act. I'm not so bothered by calling it selfish, but cowardly? If someone is suicidal, they think all hope is lost. They can't just be brave and face their fears to make things right. It doesn't quite work like that. As far as they can see, there is no way up. There is only a way out.

I guess it is not in all cases, and I should have made that clear.
I know of two persons in my town who commited suicide. They had problems, but I and many other think it was possible for them to solve their problems. But they chose the "easy" way.

TakesMeNowhere28
08-07-2009, 11:43 AM
How can suicide be illegal? By the time someone does it, it's not like they can be arrested. What's the point of arresting a dead person?

Harleyquiiinn
08-07-2009, 12:09 PM
"Help" to suicide is a very bad thing. As bad as a murder but it's not a murder. That's why an assisted suicide is a misleading oxymoron.

Homicide is a death caused unintentionaly. When somebody "helps", it's intentional.

Euthanasia is not a homicide or a murder, it's a painless ending of a life resulting in a death.

Disclaimer: maybe homicide is one of these words that doesn't mean exactly the same thing in 2 languages but no. Homicide designate murder and manslaughter. It can be intentionnal or not.

But anyway, I understand what you mean... I used the word "help" because it is the translation of how it is called in french. Assisted suicide is more like it and I agree that that is indeed an intentionnal homicide and as nothing to do with euthanasia :)

_Lost_ > Thanks ! somehow, I didn't know about that. I knew that it used to be illegal too here but they "kindly" thought it was kinda harsh to prosecute someone who was depressed enough to want to end his life... Also, the fact that it was illegal was mainly due to a religion thing...
I can understand the discouragement arguement but as someone said, I don't think someone will think "man, if I kill myself my body is gonna go to jail !" :D

randman21
08-07-2009, 12:15 PM
I hate hate HATE when people call suicide a 'cowardly' act.

I hate hate HATE it, too. As if suicidal depression is something one can just snap out of, or even reason through. It's a whole 'nother state of mind.

Superdope
08-07-2009, 01:33 PM
I hate hate HATE it, too. As if suicidal depression is something one can just snap out of, or even reason through. It's a whole 'nother state of mind.

Me too. I can't see how someone on the verge of suicide can even be considered a coward. How is that supposed to help the situation?

jacknife737
08-07-2009, 03:26 PM
How can suicide be illegal? By the time someone does it, it's not like they can be arrested. What's the point of arresting a dead person?

It has more to do with the state not condoning the act, rather than attempting to place punishment on those who chose to kill themselves. Plus if it's illegal, police, ect, have a duty to prevent it.

IamSam
08-07-2009, 03:55 PM
'Cause suicide is painless,
It brings on many changes,
And I can take or leave it if I please

Carry on.

Paint_It_Black
08-07-2009, 04:37 PM

You are right in that it has no practical relevance at all. However, it does raise the question of how much control the government should be allowed to have, even if it's only theoretical control. I believe that ending my own life should be considered a basic right. It's my life and if I choose to end it I should be free to do so. Yes, obviously I can if I want to regardless of the law. But the law offends me just by its existence. I also dislike it because it is such a clearly unenforceable law. The existence of unenforceable laws makes somewhat of a mockery of law in general.

I was going to say a similar thing. It can be a cowardly act, but it does not HAVE to be a cowardly act. When a really bad guy (murderer/rapist/whatever) kills himself instead of going to trial, that's fucking cowardly. When terrorists blow themselves up that's fucking heroic bravery. Yeah yeah, I just said terrorists can be heroically brave. Just because they're trying to kill you doesn't change the fact that they think they are doing good and necessary things, and in this context the actions are therefor done in a spirit of bravery and not cowardice. I become irritated when people refer to the 9/11 hijackers as cowards. "Evil" is fine, but "cowards" is not. But that belongs in another rant.

As for people who kill themselves because of depression, you pretty much laid that one out perfectly.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
08-07-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm not so bothered by calling it selfish, but cowardly?

See, I AM bothered by the notion that it's selfish, because typically in the mind of the suicidal, they feel that the world would be better off without them, that their families would be better off so they feel that they would be doing the world a service by removing themselves from the picture. It's actually a selfless mindset, rather than a selfish one, because more often than not, they feel that they are a burden on their family and are causing them pain by being alive. Take for example a person who's gay, and his family has become the target of acts of homophobia by virtue of being related to a homosexual. That person may feel that it's necessary to kill himself to spare his family of the attacks. It may be irrational, but it is no way selfish.

Omni
08-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Pretty much condemns you to hell and stuff... if you believe that sort of thing.

I always thought it took quite a bit of courage to shoot yourself in the head, or hang yourself, or take a bunch of pills knowing you'll never wake up. I'm scared to ride a fucking rollercoaster, for God's sake.

_Lost_
08-07-2009, 11:22 PM
I guess it is not in all cases, and I should have made that clear.
I know of two persons in my town who commited suicide. They had problems, but I and many other think it was possible for them to solve their problems. But they chose the "easy" way.
BULL SHIT (Two words for emphasis)

YOU and YOUR friends think its possible, but to the people who killed themselves, it seem like an insurmountable task. I feel like you didn't read my whole post, because I covered this idea.

I was going to say a similar thing. It can be a cowardly act, but it does not HAVE to be a cowardly act. When a really bad guy (murderer/rapist/whatever) kills himself instead of going to trial, that's fucking cowardly. When terrorists blow themselves up that's fucking heroic bravery. Yeah yeah, I just said terrorists can be heroically brave. Just because they're trying to kill you doesn't change the fact that they think they are doing good and necessary things, and in this context the actions are therefor done in a spirit of bravery and not cowardice. I become irritated when people refer to the 9/11 hijackers as cowards. "Evil" is fine, but "cowards" is not. But that belongs in another rant.

As for people who kill themselves because of depression, you pretty much laid that one out perfectly.

I've never agreed more whole heartedly. I was speaking strictly in terms of depressed suicide. This is a whole other area to delve into.

My friend's baby's daddy killed himself in an act of cowardice when she was a few months pregnant. He was going to trial for a rape case that was several years old and was afraid of going to jail.

And don't even ask, because I can't begin to explain why my friend thought dating a rapist was a good idea in the first place. Her dating history is enough for me to stop questioning her decisions and just go with it.

Paint_It_Black
08-08-2009, 04:07 AM
See, I AM bothered by the notion that it's selfish, because typically in the mind of the suicidal, they feel that the world would be better off without them

Good point. But then there are others who are aware of how much pain it would cause to those that love them. If those more aware individuals choose to commit suicide anyway THEN it is a selfish act.

When I was still pretty young my mum confided in me that she almost killed herself once. Apparently it was only the knowledge of how it would affect me that prevented her from doing it. Kind of a fucked up thing to tell a kid, but interesting.

dexter12296566
08-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Suicide is legal and should stay that way. If a person is that unhappy and depressed it should be illegal to make them keep suffering.

Omni
08-08-2009, 12:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oIeLKB0wU8

Phil594
08-08-2009, 02:52 PM
http://psykbryt.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/suicide-wwwmotivationalpostersonlineblogspotcom-demotivational-posters-motivational-poster-funny.jpg

TakesMeNowhere28
08-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Suicide isn't against the law, but it probably makes God unhappy.

Paint_It_Black
08-09-2009, 06:27 AM
I feel glad some people rise above the animal instinct of self-preservation and meet death face-to-face. I feel sad about it, but proud, too, for my species.

You know, I think I know exactly what you mean. In a rather abstract, philosophical way. This isn't really the place to discuss such a concept though. The risk of sounding like you are encouraging suicide is too great, and I'm pretty sure you don't wish to encourage it.

wheelchairman
08-09-2009, 08:16 AM
You are right in that it has no practical relevance at all. However, it does raise the question of how much control the government should be allowed to have, even if it's only theoretical control. I believe that ending my own life should be considered a basic right. It's my life and if I choose to end it I should be free to do so. Yes, obviously I can if I want to regardless of the law. But the law offends me just by its existence. I also dislike it because it is such a clearly unenforceable law. The existence of unenforceable laws makes somewhat of a mockery of law in general.

The difference though is that its not really a law, more of a guideline for how a police officer should respond to the situation, and then a guideline for the treatment thereafter. I would believe that the only laws that mean to ban suicide are religious ones.

Paint_It_Black
08-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Put that way I would have to agree. Though they could just make it a law that all people are required to do everything within their power (without excessive risk of harm to oneself) to prevent the death of another by any means, be it natural, accidental, murder or suicide. I can see that would open an enormous can of worms, but I'm attracted to the concept. That would remove any prohibition on actually committing suicide but legally require everyone else to attempt to prevent it.

Harleyquiiinn
08-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Put that way I would have to agree. Though they could just make it a law that all people are required to do everything within their power (without excessive risk of harm to oneself) to prevent the death of another by any means, be it natural, accidental, murder or suicide. I can see that would open an enormous can of worms, but I'm attracted to the concept. That would remove any prohibition on actually committing suicide but legally require everyone else to attempt to prevent it.

Paint_It_Black> Actually it already exists in most countries. It's the "failure to render assistance" offence. It includes not preventing a suicide if you were aware it was about to happen here... I can't confirm it's also the case in other countries. :)

Paint_It_Black
08-10-2009, 06:33 PM
I am not aware of any such law in the UK or US, though I was aware that some countries have something like that.

Xtrem_Juggernaut
08-13-2009, 12:13 PM
suicide should be compulsory for some people. I can pay.

Lenovo
08-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks for all the updates in this thread - it may be a few months old now, but it's been interesting to flick through none the less.:o
comparatif simulation taux credit auto (http://simulationcreditauto.net) - Taux crédit auto. Comparatif des offres! Les meilleurs taux crédit auto sont sur le net !comparatif simulation taux credit auto (http://simulationcreditauto.net)

Paint_It_Black
08-15-2009, 09:48 AM
suicide should be compulsory for some races and ethnic groups. I can pay.

What's that you say?

08-15-2009, 10:46 AM
suicide should be compulsory for some people. I can pay.

sin studly with a new account?
but it's very unlikely cuz he could have died because everybody knows he was a druggie

Xtrem_Juggernaut
08-15-2009, 12:05 PM
What's that you say?

actually if I didnt write it, I didnt say it.

It s not because you are prejudiced with some ethnic groups that everybody is dude, that is racism, and I am sorry, but I cannot tolerate that.

Paint_It_Black
08-16-2009, 12:56 AM
You don't have to pretend here. Tell us what you really think.

Alison
08-16-2009, 03:56 AM
I don't see the point in general suicide being illegal. Sure, it hurts people around them, and I would hate if someone close to me commited suicide, i'd feel "did they ever think how everyone else would feel?". I would be especially pissed if they had not tried getting help. But at the end of the day...why make it illegal if there's nobody to charge... OK, i guess attempted suicide...but punishing them won't make them feel any more desire to live. But I guess that can be argued too.

Assisted suicide...that's a tough one...If I was terminally ill and really really really wanted to just die but couldnt do it myself, then I would wish someone to help me in killing myself. i don't think it's very fair that one person who wants to die should be left suffer and the person who wants to help put that person out of their misery can't. because they know they'll be punished for it.
In order to make it legal however, there would need to be strict regulations...one being proof that the patient wanted to die and knew very well it's conequences.

08-16-2009, 07:40 PM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm306/picbasket/Clippy.jpg

_Lost_
08-16-2009, 09:22 PM
sin studly with a new account?
but it's very unlikely cuz he could have died because everybody knows he was a druggie

Its seems very likely to me that you've been reading old threads in order to sound like you're in on past information and not a n0ob. A seasoned BBSer (though I understand those who have been around 10+ years consider us 5 year-ers to still be n0obs in a sense), would never make the mistake of comparing a mildly entertaining, haphazard troll posting spree with TripBoy. Even the people who hated him still miss him.

RageAndLov
08-17-2009, 06:06 AM
Its seems very likely to me that you've been reading old threads in order to sound like you're in on past information and not a n0ob. A seasoned BBSer (though I understand those who have been around 10+ years consider us 5 year-ers to still be n0obs in a sense), would never make the mistake of comparing a mildly entertaining, haphazard troll posting spree with TripBoy. Even the people who hated him still miss him.

You know, people may have been lurking around this BBS before actually getting an account.

_Lost_
08-17-2009, 11:43 AM
He compared xtrem_juggernaut to tripboy. There is definitely something flawed there.

08-18-2009, 04:39 PM
You know, people may have been lurking around this BBS before actually getting an account.
what he said
and i've been lurking for like 2 years now
i know what kind of posts sin studly makes but i didn't know he was a drug addict until 6 months ago

_Lost_
08-18-2009, 11:09 PM
juggernaut's posts are nothing like his though.

JoY
08-20-2009, 12:00 PM

that's funny in a way, because loads of the people with suicidal tendencies explain later on that they were unable to pick up the courage to actually do it. eventually they had no choice but to make the best of things, not because they had the courage to face their problems, but because they didn't have the guts to end their life.

whether it's selfish to commit suicide is debatable. to be selfish, you'd actually have to be concerned only with oneself, excluding others. sometimes what gets people down, is the problems they have in relation to other people, including the possibility they take on other people's problems in such a way, it dominates everything. another point of the matter is, that most often depression is what lead to suicide. depression is a disease that secures a state in which your perspective on yourself & your surrounding is impaired. it's an over the top sensation of absolute misery that doesn't fit the situation, no matter how miserable it really is. after all, it usually becomes impossible to see any good in life. it's hard to say if you can even be selfish, when your concern isn't consciously aimed for anything in particular (like oneself), but is generalised to the point it dominates your entire world.

my boyfriend just told me a guy he knows rather well told him today that his little brother of 15 years old commited suicide this summer, which made his summer exceptionally miserable, causing him to flunk this year. it's extremely unfortunate that this would've been the last year of his study. there had been many attempts at suicide, but apparently this summer the attempt succeeded. my boyfriend said it was in a way selfish of his little brother to put his family through this & that he was indirectly the cause of his older brother flunking his final examinations. this suggests his little brother should've been more considerate with his family, but what I'm wondering is, if people in such a state can still consider anything outside that all consuming feeling of unhappiness. when you're robbed of all rational perspective on yourself & your surroundings & you're unable to feel anything but misery, I don't know if it's possible to shift any of your attention to what effect it might have on people you love. hell, I wonder if it's even possible to still experience such a strong positive emotion like love, if all you know in your mind gets this dark twist.

I don't try to say people who are seriously suicidal don't carry any responsibilities for themselves anymore (though I don't know about their accountability), but I just mean that "coward" & "selfish" might not be the right words to describe the act of suicide. I don't think there exists a word to describe it, except it's got to be extremely, extremely unfortunate.

The difference though is that its not really a law, more of a guideline for how a police officer should respond to the situation, and then a guideline for the treatment thereafter. I would believe that the only laws that mean to ban suicide are religious ones.

ah YES, fully agreed.