PDA

View Full Version : Internet, life and all...

Harleyquiiinn
08-07-2009, 12:47 PM
So, I just came back from a 10 days vacation.

At first, I was kind of annoyed because I didn't have the Internet where I was. I really thought "how am I going to do ?"

And then I realized how much I was doing without the Internet. I didn't miss it at all... it felt like I had a much more interesting life suddenly...

But now... I'm back in Paris for just a few hours and the first thing I did was internet... I feel like Lain...

How many of you think they are addicted to the Internet and eventhough they are trying, they feel like they are missing something when they are not connected ?

Does it bother you to feel this way ?

Paint_It_Black
08-07-2009, 01:01 PM
I generally agree. When I go a week or more without the internet I quickly stop missing it. But once I have access again I'm back to my usual addicted state in just a few days. I can't say it bothers me though. I don't sacrifice any real life experiences in order to get my interweb fix. As soon as I have something better to do I go do it. My life is rather dull though, so my internet usage is just a way of filling the gaps and passing the time. The worst thing I can say about it is that I read a lot less books than I used to. I've just switched one timesink for another.

mrconeman
08-07-2009, 01:02 PM
If for whatever reason I can't reach the internet from my own home, then it would bother me, because around the house, other than playing guitar, or games or something I pretty much have nothing else to do.

However if I was on holiday, or on a night out, if the internet popped into my head at all, I'd probably slap* myself in the face for being a homo.

*punch

Blitz!
08-07-2009, 01:09 PM
If I go away on vacation I find that I have withdrawal symptoms for about a day and after that it doesn't really matter but the moment I get access to a computer, I am usually back on the internet. As for doing life, mainly that comes first but when I'm at home there is not much else to do.

ad8
08-07-2009, 01:32 PM
I don't have many withdrawal symptoms on vacation. At home, however I would really miss the internet, though. I don't know whether or not I'm addicted, but I know that the internet is very important to me since I mostly communicate with my friends over the internet, read many things and listen to music which I couldn't do without the internet.

WebDudette
08-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Basically what Coneman said. It can be annoying not having internet when I am at home. But anywhere else I couldn't care less.

KyleW
08-07-2009, 02:29 PM
As I read this thread the Over Logging episode of South Park was on, the one where the internet goes away.

Anyway, on topic, I've managed to survive a good six months without regular internet useage before so I wouldnt say I depend on it. That being said now I have it back I'm always on it when I'm in the house.