PDA

View Full Version : Friends

_Lost_
08-08-2009, 12:54 AM
The bullying topic and a discussion in one of the social groups I'm in has brought to light a lot of discussion about friendships (or lack there of) and its had me thinking about my friendship experience.

The only true friends I had in highschool were ones that I've known since 6th grade or before or I met outside of school. In 8th grade I moved to another school district. I had a lot of "friends". You know, the cheery ones who always made a point to say hi in the halls or talk to you when you run into them outside of school, but rarely did a single one of them invite me to hang out, go to their birthday party, etc.
For the most part, no one I knew at that school still talks to me a year after graduation.

There were three people whom I think, if maybe we had chosen the same paths, we might have stayed in touch. My friend Andy and I hung out for most of our first semester freshman year and then I transferred schools. He was the only person from highschool that I really hung out with that fall even though I was at the favorite school for my graduating class. (Okay, let's make it four people but only because I didn't really get to know JD till we went to the same college even though I've also known him since I was a freshman. Now he's a pretty good friend of mine. Sadly he's going to Texas A&M now)

His ex used to be a really good friend of mine, but after our sophmore year, we didn't have any classes together and we chose schools in different cities, so we fell out of touch.

And another guy I've known since freshman year, but I didn't get to know him until senior year. He's cool. I saw him the other day at the park. I think he and I might keep in touch. It helps that the school I transferred to is the one he attends.

My five best friends are people I've known since I was 11 or before. Katie is my absolute best friend and I've known her since I was 9 (another time when I changed schools) Three were in my class all three years of middleschool. Three years with the same 22 kids because we were the "advanced" class. The fifth friend is someone I worked with at my first job. We were the youngest people to work there on the day shift so it started as a friendship of convenience, but grew.

I think if I had stayed at the other college, I would've turned some of my new friends there into permanent ones cause they were awesome. I've made 2 friends so far at my new uni who I think might stick around... maaaybe, though one of them is from Russia and might be moving back there after she graduates in the fall if she can't get a job here.

What has y'alls experience been?

Eccentric Sara
08-08-2009, 01:14 AM
My experience has been how I described it in the "Bullying" thread,really.I had "friends" up until the age of 13,who bullied me most of the time,so I would alternate between hanging out with them,and being on my own,when I got sick of the shitty treatment from them.At high school,I tried to make friends,to no avail.When I left school,I kept in touch with one girl from my year,whom I'd got closer to in the Sixth Form.We are friends now,but when we were at school,I didn't class her as a proper friend,as she rarely came to school,and I didn't see her very often.
I have a somewhat jaded attitude towards friendship,and find it hard to meet people I can relate to.Most of the people I've been friends with at uni,and since leaving uni have turned their backs on me ,or treated me badly,so I wonder why I bother sometimes.:(

Harleyquiiinn
08-08-2009, 01:45 AM
Ah I'm with you on that -Lost-... Most of my friends I met when I was really young.
I went to a highschool far from them but they stayed my friends... I also had friends there but somehow I didn't keep in touch with them after highschool, except one or 2...

I have to say though: I met really good friends in college that I can't imagine losing now.

The funny thing is that it's the same for a lot of people I know... friends they made when they were young or in college stay friends... highschool friends don't really stick...

Outerspaceman21
08-08-2009, 01:48 AM
I have to say that most of the close friends I made in high are sadly gone. To hell with them. High School was lame because of all the stupid marching band drama. Happened every year...

For the most part, I still have 5 buddies whom I still keep in touch with and hang out with all the time. We've all gone our separate ways, but still remain in contact. My buddy Fawaz goes to Cal State San Bernardino and is still trying to figure out what to do for the rest of his life. I've known him since grade school. Mike is a dude I met in junior high and we've been good friends since. He's training to be a fire-fighter. Both Fawaz and Mike got me into World of Warcraft and thats one of our methods of hanging out (The usual friday night raid is always fun)

Then theres Willie, whom goes to Victor Valley college with me and we see each on campus and off campus. The last one, the dead one, is Andrew. All he does now is smoke weed with his new girlfriend. We still hang though.

Paint_It_Black
08-08-2009, 04:41 AM
The best friendships I had were in highschool. With only a few notable exceptions none others have come even remotely close. I've pretty much accepted that it's something I won't experience again.

That's actually only referring to male friends. I didn't have female friends until later.

Blitz!
08-08-2009, 08:20 AM
I have had plenty of ‘friends’ which have popped into my life for a visit and have subsequently gone on their own merry way. Most of these people I have lost contact with through the years with an exception of a handful. These ‘friends’ are not what I call close friends, but through meeting them I have learnt new things and am glad that they made an appearance in my life, even though some of the experiences weren’t so good. I was never one of the popular kids at school but to be honest that has never really bothered me because as far as I was concerned I did hang out with the cool kids, we were more like the underdogs.

My best friend has been in my life for the last 15 years and has been there for me through the good times and the bad and visa versa. We met by being thrown into the same situation together and have been there for each other ever since. My other best friend I met about 2 years ago and even though we have had a rough time of it on occasion, when the chips were down, we could always turn to each other for help. He is currently living in London, so I have missed having him around even though we talk pretty often.

Rooster
08-08-2009, 09:04 AM
I basically didn't have any true friends until the last october - that's when i moved into my current student's dorm, got a new roommate who introduced me to a dude, who later become the drummer of my band. I don't have many true friends, other than the band members, my roommate and 2 of his schoolmates, and a couple of my own schoolmates.

It took me about 14 years to realise that people who were supposed to be my friends since kindergarten on were not worth of hanging out with. When they needed me i was their best friend, but when i needed help i was left alone. They are just a bunch of hypocrite pussies, caring only about themselves, and they CLEARLY consider them as "the leet" (or 1337). I was never a member of that leet, always pushed aside. And then, on october almos 2 years ago we had a fight (i started it, but i had a reason - i needed help on something and everybody just ignored me as usual). That was it - i waited so long, for far too long actually, and i gave them more chances than they deserved. After that fight i realised that there was no point in continuing the "friendship" with them, so i left.

Naturally, i was all miserable and lonely for the following year, but at least i learned how to judge characters properly - i haven't made a single mistake since then. I'm also very careful in choosing friends, as i don't trust people easily (fortunately i can judge which people are trustworthy and which aren't quite easily). I always watch my back, i don't want to end screwed up again.

Anyway, about 2 weeks ago i started hanging with my old group again (i won't reffer to them as friends anymore). But since the first minute on i knew they hadn't changed a bit. They were still the same hypocritical bastards, and also they are simply boring. They sit in front of the same pub every day, having the conversation about the same usless things, and then they either go drinking somewhere else (they go to a party just because they can get drunk, no matter what party it is), or they just go home. A few days ago i was just seating among them in front of that pub, being quiet and thinking about how i don't really fit in among them, about how i'm just bored there. And then one of the new members of the "leet" (a man in his 30's - apparently they started hanging out with older idiots since i left them the first time) said to me "haven't you realised you're not welcome among us?", to wich i replied "i don't even care". I smiled when i said that, just as he smiled when he told me i wasn't welcome. It didn't surprise me a bit, i expected it from the day i returned. Nobody of those who were supposed to be my friends didn't say anything, it actually looked like they were having fun, because they probably thought i was being hurt. But they didn't have the guts to tell me that themselves, fucking cowards. When i left about 5 minutes later that idiot said to me "i hope we won't be seeing you tomorrow", to wich i didn't even bother to reply, it wasn't worth it. This time i left them for good.

I'm not sad because of it, actually i feel free again, being able to be myself and do what i want. And since now i have other, TRUE friends i'm not gonna miss those assholes. They are acting like i can't make it without them, but guess what? I already made it without their help, i have a band (which i probably wouldn't get if i didn't leave them, as i would not seek to form a band anywhere else than where i live), met new people and i'm proud of who i am now.

I know this is a school example of tl;dr, but i don't care.

Superdope
08-08-2009, 09:09 AM
I basically didn't have any true friends until the last october - that's when i moved into my current student's dorm, got a new roommate who introduced me to a dude, who later become the drummer of my band. I don't have many true friends, other than the band members, my roommate and 2 of his schoolmates, and a couple of my own schoolmates.

It took me about 14 years to realise that people who were supposed to be my friends since kindergarten on were not worth of hanging out with. When they needed me i was their best friend, but when i needed help i was left alone. They are just a bunch of hypocrite pussies, caring only about themselves, and they CLEARLY consider them as "the leet" (or 1337). I was never a member of that leet, always pushed aside. And then, on october almos 2 years ago we had a fight. That was it - i waited so long, for far too long actually, and i gave them more chances than they deserved. After that fight i realised that there was no point in continuing the "friendship" with them, so i left.

Naturally, i was all miserable and lonely for the following year, but at least i learned how to judge characters properly - i haven't made a single mistake since then. I'm also very careful in choosing friends, as i don't trust people easily (fortunately i can judge which people are trustworthy and which aren't quite easily). I always watch my back, i don't want to end screwed up again.

Anyway, about 2 weeks ago i started hanging with my old group again (i won't reffer to them as friends anymore). But since the first minute on i knew they hadn't changed a bit. They were still the same hypocritical bastards, and also they are simply boring. They sit in front of the same pub every day, having the conversation about the same usless things, and then they either go drinking somewhere else (they go to a party just because they can get drunk, no matter what party it is), or they just go home. A few days ago i was just seating among them in front of that pub, being quiet and thinking about how i don't really fit in among them, about how i'm just bored there. And then one of the new members of the "leet" (a man in his 30's - apparently they started hanging out with older idiots since i left them the first time) said to me "haven't you realised you're not welcome among us?", to wich i replied "i don't even care". I smiled when i said that, just as he smiled when he told me i wasn't welcome. It didn't surprise me a bit, i expected it from the day i returned. Nobody of those who were supposed to be my friends didn't say anything, it actually looked like they were having fun, because they probably thought i was being hurt. But they didn't have the guts to tell me that themselves, fucking cowards. When i left about 5 minutes later that idiot said to me "i hope we won't be seeing you tomorrow", to wich i didn't even bother to reply, it wasn't worth it. This time i left them for good.

I'm not sad because of it, actually i feel free again, being able to be myself and do what i want. And since now i have other, TRUE friends i'm not gonna miss those assholes. They are acting like i can't make it without them, but guess what? I already made it without their help, i have a band (which i probably wouldn't get if i didn't leave them, as i would not seek to form a band anywhere else than where i live), met new people and i'm proud of who i am now.

I know this is a school example of tl;dr, but i don't care.

Fucking idiots. Nobody deserves to be treated like you did. I'm glad you broke free, and found someone worth hanging out with.

I sometimes get the same feeling when I'm around a particular group of friends, but I also have a tendency to be extremely paranoid.

Rooster
08-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Fucking idiots. Nobody deserves to be treated like you did. I'm glad you broke free, and found someone worth hanging out with.

I sometimes get the same feeling when I'm around a particular group of friends, but I also have a tendency to be extremely paranoid.

Eh, as i said, i was ready for it this time, alas for when it happened the first time... well, it was just a matter of time, i'm sure it would happen sooner or later.

This time i knew it'll happen again, i was thinking of leaving again anyway, as i didn't feel as a part of them anyway. What that douche said ony confirmed my suspicions, and this way it was confirmed that my instinct usually leads me to the right conclusion (no mistakes so far, i'm always right). So it didn't shock me at all, and my life just goes on normally as if nothing happened.

BUT that doesn't mean i wouldn't enjoy if me and my new, true friends would beat the shit out of them, i would have a lot of fun doing it (i'm not a violent person usually, but they deserve it) :D

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
08-08-2009, 09:56 AM
lol at the tags
when you have no friends you will feel lost, and lonely.
like have you ever

i guess that the only way a friendship in high school survives is if the persons have gone through lots of shit together

wheelchairman
08-08-2009, 10:25 AM
I have a pretty easy time making friends, whether they are like me or completely different.

My core group of friends have been my friends since high school. However they've all expanded their networks and so have I, which means that we can be a pretty eclectic group while going out.

My friends rock though.

Llamas
08-08-2009, 10:59 AM
I have one friend that I've been friends with since we were 12... she's one of my best friends. I have another friend that I've known since we were 12, but we only became good friends in the last 4 years or so. The rest of my good friends I made in college. I'm in casual touch with some other friends from high school, but most of my friends from then and I don't really have anything in common anymore. My three best friends I met at my university through the marching band. I've been friends with them for 4-5 years. Some of my other good friends I met through the German department at my university. Most of my friends in general are from very different places and groups, so I don't really have a group of friends (though my three best friends are all friends with each other, which is nice).

I lost touch with a lot of friends when I went abroad to Austria, and in that time I learned who my true friends were. I have far less friends now than I did when I left, but I'm okay with that because I know these are my true friends. I also made new friends through work, through mutual friends, and through various random activities since I got back. I've got a decent number of friends, and even if it's not nearly as many as I used to have, I'm happy due to the quality.

Omni
08-08-2009, 02:26 PM
For the most part, the people you were "friends" with in high school were your friends because you were both there. From all of my high school friends/acquaintances (that's what most "friends" in high school are, I think), there is a pair of brothers that i still talk to, and they live in the next state. I drove over to see them one day, it was a good time. But a lot of the time when people move off and start doing their own thing, it's not convenient to keep a steady friendship going.

My old manager at work once told me "if you keep talking to someone, you'll eventually find something you have in common." He was probably the best people-person I ever met, and I always thought it was a good way to look at meeting new people.

dexter12296566
08-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Friendship sucks because it is never real with me, but I am hoping that will change.

RickyCrack
08-09-2009, 02:59 AM
I loved that show.

what's this thread about?

Paint_It_Black
08-09-2009, 07:27 AM
For the most part, the people you were "friends" with in high school were your friends because you were both there.

I somewhat disagree. Being around so many other people gives you a better chance of finding some that you really connect with. This is my reason for believing I am unlikely to make such good friendships ever again. I'm simply not going to be around so many people for such an extended amount of time. Additionally, the older a person gets the less flexible their personality and interests seem to become. In school, I could hang out with a kid I liked doing something I had no interest in and have a good chance of learning to like it. These days I don't want to do anything unless I already have some interest in it to begin with. Hmm, I think I just found a positive aspect to peer pressure.

Vera
08-09-2009, 08:02 AM
I have a good deal of friends but they are mostly scattered. I have two good friends who I've known all my life (we're also cousins), my best friend from junior high school is still a close friend, my best friend from senior high is another friend, then some random uni friends, people I got to know through similar interests, through work.. Like it's a bunch of various friends but no large gang of friends. In uni all the people from my major hang out in a big group and while I'm not close to everybody, it's cool that I also have that sort of a 'gang' nowadays.

I find big groups of friends tend to breed drama, especially at a certain age so I'm glad I was always a part of the smaller groups or just had a friend here and there.

I was really lucky at that even if I was a loner at school (which I was, for some time during 1st grade) I still had my cousins who didn't go to the same school but who I still saw and whatever.

Teens can angst a ton about "nobody understands me / my friends don't know the real me" but the thing is, you don't have to have that friend who reads your emotions without you saying anything, all you need is somebody to hang out with and talk to. Not necessarily about deep stuff, either. Just somebody.

Paint_It_Black
08-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Teens can angst a ton about "nobody understands me / my friends don't know the real me" but the thing is, you don't have to have that friend who reads your emotions without you saying anything, all you need is somebody to hang out with and talk to. Not necessarily about deep stuff, either. Just somebody.

I generally agree, and even go a step further. I don't want most of my friends to know the real me. I quite like keeping that for myself, and just sharing the bits and pieces with them that I feel like sharing at the time. Probably why I mostly like people I can just play games with or watch movies. I'm not looking for anything deep, I do the deep stuff by myself. I'm looking for some easygoing entertainment and a break from my own thoughts.

wheelchairman
08-09-2009, 09:01 AM
I'll take that one step further, I actively dislike people who try and have "deep and meaningful" conversations. It's so self-serving and transparent.

Paint_It_Black
08-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Well of course. Such a thing has to evolve naturally. Trying to have a deep and meaningful conversation is as lame as trying to fall in love or even trying to be a hero. All good things must happen with a certain amount of spontaneity.

A lot of the best conversations I've had started as regular mundane conversations and 5 hours later we had no idea how we had ended up finding the meaning of life or why all our beer had vanished. The next day we'd know why all the beer had vanished but no longer know the meaning of life. It would appear that knowledge of both cannot be held simultaneously.

ad8
08-09-2009, 09:08 AM
I'll take that one step further, I hate people who saying anything past "hi" to me.

Although on a more serious note, I agree with Vera. Most of my friends can't really know enough to completely understand me since I don't talk too much.

Vera
08-09-2009, 09:46 AM
If by deep one means "what's it all about / meaning of life" without any particular point of reference is pretty fruitless and annoying, but it's great when you do have somebody to talk about some "advanced" topics and who isn't like WTF if you suddenly do feel like discussing dualism by Descartes and whether it's of real use thanks to scientific advancement (ie. even things of the mind can be reduced to processes of the body).

I mean, if you're the sort of person who does want to talk about that stuff. I guess a real tragedy isn't having no friends who are interested in waxing poetic about the meaning of life, it's having no friends who can discuss your interests or who are open to talking about them even if its not their thing.

wheelchairman
08-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Ah I see. Unfortunately Vera I would imagine there aren't so many people you can talk to about Bollywood or Korean films. :p

Rag Doll
08-09-2009, 09:59 AM
I lost about half my close friends for one reason or another after high school. There were 2 people I actively avoided and 2 that just drifted away. The 2 that drifted away I still see from time to time and maybe we'll grab coffee here and there -- we just lost touch. Otherwise, the majority of my friends are from high school and middle school. My two closest friends have been my best friends since I was 11 (I'm 23). Two other close friends are people I have been friends with since I was 6 (though, one of them I would sporadically lose touch with here and there). Everyone else is from high school, with the exception of like 4 people from college (and my boyfriend and his friends, also from college). Plus, I can honestly say I've made some pretty good friends here that I hang out with whenever it's a possibility (hayyyyy NYC Offspring show, luv u guyz).

Most of my friendships have been rocked my drama. Unfortunately, high school girls like.....live on it (I could go on a giant rant about society, but I won't). For the most part they all survived and what's in the past is in the past.

When it comes to conversations....
I love my friends, I really really do. But one of them is kind of stuck in that....hm. How do I put it. Have you ever watched a romantic comedy? And the main female character was only concerned with her hair and her shoes and the boy in the movie? She's very nice, but pretty much a gross caricature of femininity, completely devoid of thought beyond those subjects? My closest friend is often like that =\. I don't want all "deep and meaningful" conversations and I want them to just evolve naturally....but sometimes I just want *one* once in a while. meh. I can get that from some other friends, but I just wish it happened with her.

Vera
08-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Ah I see. Unfortunately Vera I would imagine there aren't so many people you can talk to about Bollywood or Korean films. :p
Hey, I like other stuff too. And I don't need that many people to discuss those specific interests with. Tomorrow I'm going to eat Korean food with a friend I met through a Bollywood msg board.

Suck on that.

_Lost_
08-10-2009, 11:30 PM
With the exception of just a few people, I feel like people merely tolerated my presence. They'd let me be around but not really care if I was there or not. Like a girl who I thought I was really good friends with my freshman year. We had gym together and she, my friend Daniella and I hung out all semester, but the moment the class was over, it was like "Oh... hi... I've got to go." Wtf? and I saw that with a lot of people.

For senior prom, something like 15 or my 'friends' got together and had dinner before heading to the dance, including people I ate lunch with everyday, and not one person even considered inviting me. Nobody invited me to any of the pre-prom festivities. I was around a very close knit group (the theater group at my school was super cliquey and for the most part only hung out with other theater kids. there were 26 senior Thespian Society members and around 40 in playmakers in total) and they all came to prom together in chunks of 10 or 15.

It got especially bad after my junior year. I didn't so much see it then, but I see it now. I haven't heard from much of anybody (maybe 4 or 5 people from my class) since graduation, but they all are constantly messaging each other and such. I see it in my feed on facebook all the time. The only people I have heard from weren't even in the theater group. I think I'm the only theater major that came out of that group (I was on the fence between biology and theater freshman year, but have made my decision). Maybe thats why I didn't fit in.

A lot of the best conversations I've had started as regular mundane conversations and 5 hours later we had no idea how we had ended up finding the meaning of life or why all our beer had vanished. The next day we'd know why all the beer had vanished but no longer know the meaning of life. It would appear that knowledge of both cannot be held simultaneously.

I love this so bad.

Tizzalicious
08-11-2009, 03:51 AM
I had a lot of what I thought were good friends in high school, but I lost contact with all of them when I stopped going to school a lot because of my migraines. It seems like people give up on you fast when you are out of sight.

In college I had some friends that I hung out with at school, but we had very different interests, so outside of school we didn't really see each other, and I lost contact with them when we left school.

The friends I still have and care about a lot all live a bit further away, but that doesn't make them less good friends. I keep in touch with them by e-mail, letters, facebook, etc. and we meet up whenever we can.

Alison
08-11-2009, 02:57 PM
I've had the same bes friend for about 14 years now...although, we're maybe not as close as best friends are supposed to be. I know she prefers one or two other people to me as friends.

For secondary school (highschool), I had my best friend and another friend who I'd been friends with for almost as long, and we really did get on great. When I moved school however, we just drifted apart, and never really speak now, but when we do end up hanging out we do get on very well, and it's a shame that we fell out.
I also made a few other friends, two of which I became good friends with, in my first secondary school. I was really good friends with one, pretty much best friends, but since then, she has this awful habit for flirting with everyone and constantly being all over my boyfriend, and unfortunately I've found myself almost avoiding her, especially when I'm with him. It's really horrible, I can't seem to face up to her about it. I miss her as a friend, but I just cant stand her when she's throwing herself at every guy around.

In my next secondary school, I made bout 3 friends, however...they turned out to be pretty annoying and we never really bothered to stay in contact. I did becoe very good friends with a guy who i was friends with, but no very good friends with.

Other than that, my next door neighbour, I've known him all my life and we're very good friends.

Paint_It_Black
08-12-2009, 03:22 AM
I did becoe very good friends with a guy who i was friends with, but no very good friends with.

This makes no sense at all. Proof read or GTFO.

Alison
08-12-2009, 04:04 AM
This makes no sense at all. Proof read or GTFO.

Oops...I meant that I basically became better friends with someone than I had been..

Grimesy da Offspringfan
08-12-2009, 02:02 PM
I1m still in high schoo, and i have a lot of "buddies", but honestly i don't really like a lot of them, people around me are usually just dicks. I have about 3 or 4 real friends, but only one of them is from high school. I don't really know how am i supposed to get close to people. I suck.

Paint_It_Black
08-13-2009, 12:43 AM
I don't really know how am i supposed to get close to people.

Be very quiet and avoid sudden movements.

_Lost_
08-13-2009, 03:41 AM
Or he could lure them with treats and praise.

RickyCrack
08-13-2009, 04:09 AM
FRIENDS ARE NOT LIKE VELOCIRAPTORS. jesus.

Paint_It_Black
08-13-2009, 04:21 AM
Clever girl.

RickyCrack
08-13-2009, 04:24 AM
you breed velociraptors?

OffsLady#1
09-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Well, In my case friends come and go but family stays the same. :) :)

mrconeman
09-12-2009, 05:55 AM
I dunno...I always found it really easy to make friends, except for a few years there where I was pretty shy, but I still met some of my best friends in those years, back on track again now though, I'll have a full scale conversation with anyone.

Best friends I'll ever have all came from secondary school, but I still have a few childhood friends running around that I see now and again, I love alot of my musician friends, and since joining a band, and getting out and gigging you meet tonnes of new people, most of them are pretty cool and I'd definitely class my band mates as friends at this point.

Rooster
09-12-2009, 11:01 AM
...since joining a band, and getting out and gigging you meet tonnes of new people, most of them are pretty cool and I'd definitely class my band mates as friends at this point.

This is 100% true. In my case it's the same.

JoY
09-12-2009, 01:28 PM
I have 'friends' & I have friends. Two of my best friends I still know from when we were kids, then three awesome friends I know from highschool. There's one awesome friend I met in my sorority-group, one in the gypsyband & there you have it. I guess you could say those are my best friends. Lately I've also been hanging out a lot with a girl from medicine, who's absolutely awesome, & a chick who joined my sorority-group last year. The group of friends slowly expands & it mostly feeds itself on my group of 'friends'. Some 'friends' get an upgrade.

T-6005
09-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Some 'friends' get an upgrade.
Pretty sure I read this as much more suggestive than you intended.

JoY
09-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Hahaha, I bet!

dexter12296566
09-12-2009, 01:35 PM
I used to feel bad for myself because I only had one friend.. and then it hit me... life isnt about how many friends you have, it is about the things you do with the friends you do have. since i realize that i no longer care that i am bullied. they are assholes who dont like the way i do things. they can be that way. i have my couple real friends and that is all i need.(i dont see why i didnt care that i was being bullied cuz it sucked, i cared because that many less people were my friends. what i dont get is why i would want jerks to be my friends anyway). If i was bullied i wouldnt appreciate my real friends as much as i do. in a way it helped me and you guys on here helped me realize that