PDA

View Full Version : ndm....

weezly
08-09-2009, 03:07 AM
man i have never said a bad word about the band, why should i? they make awesome music...
but about 1 year ago i purchased an ndm2, and now i wonder how i was so stupid to buy 1...
for these reasons
it is waaaay over priced, it is a very basic design, i build guitars now, and can in no way see its price justification, theres only a fixed bridge, which i like but its cheap to do it.
its made of of bass wood, a good wood, but its simply cut out in seconds and spray painted black, theres no lamiated tops or trims of anything special about the body, theres nothing wrong with that, but again it lowers production time and cost alot.
it uses ibanez pick ups when noodles uses seymour duncan i think, maybe the ibanez are just as good? but for the price it should include the exact same ones noodles uses, period.
the neck is sluggish, its to fat and i don't rate it for playing fast (but thats only my opinion, its not fact, you could love it)
and i think it lacks a quaility sound to it, i brought it hoping to get a simple guitar that sounds exceptional, but i just got a simple guitar.
i would have no problems with this guitar, if i had paid 200 euros maybe 300 MAX but 700 euros???? its like paying for a gibson and owning a cort.
for example i brought a jackson for 550euro, i got 24 fretts, with a frettboard trim, emg hz pickups, arched body top, floyd rose, push pull knob and it sounds wicked. so how come i paid so much for a ndm2, i ask myself all the time, i really don't know the answer.
im not a hater of the band in any way, but this guitar is way 2 expansive.
im all bitched out.

Oxygene
08-09-2009, 03:12 AM
I wish I had problems like this... :cool:

Lord_Gabo
08-09-2009, 03:25 AM
free mdm2 for all!

weezly
08-09-2009, 04:14 AM
oxy my new guitar that im building is turning out pretty sweet, ive made some errors, but mainly from inexpericence with the router. the next 1 will be so much better because ive made all the mistakes the first time.

Oxygene
08-09-2009, 04:19 AM
oxy my new guitar that im building is turning out pretty sweet, ive made some errors, but mainly from inexpericence with the router. the next 1 will be so much better because ive made all the mistakes the first time.

I didn't mean it in a bad way at all... I'm just saying it's nice you have an ndm, and are building guitars and shit. I just envy you that's all :)

weezly
08-09-2009, 08:19 AM
i never took it in a bad way, sorry if its how it came across.
dude as noodles said 'your not living the dream' so start saving for a guitar! or build one or ill build you one or something but you gotta be missing not having one right???

Blackball_
08-09-2009, 10:05 AM
i havent played the ndm 2, but both the people i know that tried both ndm1 and ndm2 said the 2 absolutely sucked. both of them liked the ndm1 though, one of them liked it so much that he bought it :)

i was in a music shop and one guy was trying out a ndm 2, he was there playing a big choice of expensive amps and stuff, and despite being a good guitar player, the sound absolutely sucked. it was bad. though many differant amps.

i think the ndm2 must be junk : \

Grimesy da Offspringfan
08-09-2009, 10:55 AM
It has Infinity pickups, right? Because Noodles uses Ibanez Infinity pickups and Dexter uses DiMarzio Super Distortions i think. I knew it's way overpriced, (maybe because of the pickguard with the Noodles-emblem, you forgot to mention that) but i thought it sounds good. Damn, i wish Ibanez still made Talmans, they were about 200-300$

randman21
08-09-2009, 12:17 PM
I saw a Talman in good shape a few months ago for $180. Is it wrong that I didn't buy it?

Lord_Gabo
08-09-2009, 04:06 PM
oh oh oh i'm so lucky to have a nm1 :D
Pickups of nm1 and nmd2 are the same..