PDA

View Full Version : Scroll option

Blitz!
08-12-2009, 11:45 AM
The scroll option on the main page doesn't seem to be working properly because I can't get to the bottom of the page that I'm viewing, it gets stuck somewhere in the middle of the page and won’t move any further.

Like here, for example: http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/tourArchive

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

m.offspring.r
08-12-2009, 12:01 PM
my scroll works fine...

Rutegard
08-12-2009, 12:11 PM
The scroll option on the main page doesn't seem to be working properly because I can't get to the bottom of the page that I'm viewing, it gets stuck somewhere in the middle of the page and won’t move any further.

Like here, for example: http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/tourArchive

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

i always had that problem in the tour archive!! ALWAYS! lol

m.offspring.r
08-12-2009, 12:23 PM
what browser you use?

I can scroll with opera and firefox...

Rutegard
08-12-2009, 12:29 PM
explorer....

m.offspring.r
08-12-2009, 12:37 PM
this is the problem... Internet Explorer sucks... :p

randman21
08-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Exactly. Give it up already!

Rutegard
08-12-2009, 12:40 PM
but mozilla is ugly lol

m.offspring.r
08-12-2009, 01:05 PM
You can install themes on firefox :D

Blitz!
08-12-2009, 01:12 PM
this is the problem... Internet Explorer sucks... :p

I had this conversation with Gus earlier ... but I find if it works for some, it should work for everyone no matter what browser you use.

m.offspring.r
08-12-2009, 01:26 PM
try with another browser... If works in another, your IE have a problem...

Gustavo
08-12-2009, 03:08 PM
I had this conversation with Gus earlier ... but I find if it works for some, it should work for everyone no matter what browser you use.

I'm a webdesigner and I sure can tell you that it's not like that.

Internet Explorer always pisses the heck out of me and gives me a lot of headaches when I'm working on a website, it just sucks. I know how browsers work, and I surely can tell you that Firefox is the best one, it's the one I almost never have problems with.

cool 2 hate 681
08-12-2009, 06:59 PM
i still miss the old website now i can't see all the upcoming tour dates without installing firefox:(

randman21
08-13-2009, 03:44 AM
The scroll, the scroll, the buttons, the buttons, scrolling so smooth like the butter on a muffin.

Les Paul Girl
08-13-2009, 08:07 AM
I'm using Firefox and scrolling the main page isn't a problem. However, I can't scroll down to see all the performances, I'll have to use the arrows on the side.

Rutegard
08-13-2009, 11:23 AM
I'm using Firefox and scrolling the main page isn't a problem. However, I can't scroll down to see all the performances, I'll have to use the arrows on the side.

my prob exactly, and i dont use firefox..

ConspiracyofMegs
08-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Why not?

Firefox > I.E.

Harleyquiiinn
08-14-2009, 01:27 AM
lol Firefox users start to sound like they are part of a sect.

'Uuuuuuse Firefox, become one of uuuus"

I also use Firefox... I like the logo... :o

Blitz!
08-14-2009, 07:27 AM
I can't scroll down to see all the performances, I'll have to use the arrows on the side.

I am talking about the arrow on the side, it moves about half way down the scroll bar and then stops and doesn't move any further.

For visual effect :

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp70/m_rogue/untitled-Scroll.jpg

Harleyquiiinn
08-14-2009, 10:17 AM
isn't your windows just a little bit illegal ? :D

Rutegard
08-14-2009, 10:26 AM
isn't your windows just a little bit illegal ? :D

mine is and i have the same prob ahahah fuck i rock

Les Paul Girl
08-14-2009, 10:29 AM
I am talking about the arrow on the side, it moves about half way down the scroll bar and then stops and doesn't move any further.

For me, it doesn't move at all.

m.offspring.r
08-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Use linux and your problems with illegal software ends! :D:p

randman21
08-14-2009, 10:56 AM
How can you tell that it's illegal? :confused:

Harleyquiiinn
08-14-2009, 11:02 AM
How can you tell that it's illegal? :confused:

Well, I'm not sure... Not because of the scroll thing, because my Windows is legal, I use Firefox and I have that problem...

I said that because of the "Microsoft genuine advantage" star... I got that one on my old computer when I agreed for an update and microsoft kindly reminded me that my Windows was illegal.

Blitz!
08-14-2009, 12:35 PM
I said that because of the "Microsoft genuine advantage" star... I got that one on my old computer when I agreed for an update and microsoft kindly reminded me that my Windows was illegal.

Yeah well ... that screen shot doesn't come from my personal computer, so the illegal issue isn't really my problem :p

Harleyquiiinn
08-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Yeah well ... that screen shot doesn't come from my personal computer, so the illegal issue isn't really my problem :p

I don't believe you ! I am going to send an email to Microsoft immediately !

:mad:

It's unbelievable ! all these people illegally downloading software, harming the small computer companies ! and it's not like Windows was expensive !

No, really Blitz, this is bad, really bad. :(

:D

cool 2 hate 681
08-14-2009, 04:46 PM

For visual effect :

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp70/m_rogue/untitled-Scroll.jpg

mine goes halfway then the scroll bar starts to go up when im trying to get it to keep going down

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
08-14-2009, 06:40 PM
I don't believe you ! I am going to send an email to Microsoft immediately !

:mad:

It's unbelievable ! all these people illegally downloading software, harming the small computer companies ! and it's not like Windows was expensive !

:D

i can't believe that you believe in big corporations like microsoft and apple, and i also cant believe you wanna work for a label(those greedy bastards)

and labels are the only reason i dont have a band. if i could think of a way to make, advertise, distribute music without labels i would be doing it right now. AND PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD SHOULD BE INFORMED ABOUT TORRENTS AND THE PIRATE BAY. FREE WAY TO GET THINGS WITHOUT BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS BY BIG COMPANIES

im also against big fast food chains and oil companies. if companies found a way to put a price on the air we are breathing, they would have don it a long time ago

Rutegard
08-15-2009, 12:51 AM
thanks. for the warning.

Blitz!
08-15-2009, 07:04 AM
I don't believe you !

I don't know what I did for you doubt my word. I don't run my personal computer on illegal software, as for anyone else ... that is not my problem.

mine goes halfway then the scroll bar starts to go up when im trying to get it to keep going down

The same thing happens to me as well.

Okay, so this is where we stand on the issue at hand ... Firstly, it was suggested that the browser is at fault and it should be changed. Then, people with different browsers to mine *mine being IE* said that they have the same or similar problems. So, what would the ultimate solution be? :confused:

Harleyquiiinn
08-15-2009, 07:19 AM
Allin All and Blitz>

My message was ironic as indicated by the smiley ":D"

I thought that it was obvious when I qualified Microsoft as a "small computer company" and said that Windows wasn't expensive...

Xtrem_Juggernaut
08-15-2009, 07:22 AM
i can't believe that you believe in big corporations like microsoft and apple, and i also cant believe you wanna work for a label(those greedy bastards)

and labels are the only reason i dont have a band. if i could think of a way to make, advertise, distribute music without labels i would be doing it right now. AND PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD SHOULD BE INFORMED ABOUT TORRENTS AND THE PIRATE BAY. FREE WAY TO GET THINGS WITHOUT BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS BY BIG COMPANIES

im also against big fast food chains and oil companies. if companies found a way to put a price on the air we are breathing, they would have don it a long time ago

Damn free market! People would be free! Everyone could work and have fun the way he wants, we would be back to small crafts, so big companies wouldnt exist anymore! Only small benefits, so no research in medicine, or engineering, or genetic, the world would be stable, perfect, such as it was centuries before! We dont need future or growth rate, we dont need comfort or listening to bands, the whole stuff is not required!

We should get back to fields and make corn and cereales grow the way our fathers fathers fathers fathers used to!

Damn big companies that bring progress and employment in our lives! Hail to anarchy!

... Why dont you get a job?

Blitz!
08-15-2009, 07:57 AM
Allin All and Blitz>

My message was ironic as indicated by the smiley ":D"

I thought that it was obvious when I qualified Microsoft as a "small computer company" and said that Windows wasn't expensive...

Harley ... I have no problem with your entire post, I did get the humour behind what you were saying about Microsoft.

Anyway, we have discussed this issue and all is good :)

Rutegard
08-16-2009, 12:50 AM
hey, did i mention that i do have the same prob??

m.offspring.r
08-16-2009, 01:54 AM
So Blitz!, did you solve your problem?

Blitz!
08-16-2009, 10:59 AM
So Blitz!, did you solve your problem?

No ... I don't actually know what to do because people with other browsers are saying that they have the same or similar problems, so I don't actually see the point of changing my browser if it doesn't solve the problem.

Some kinda of acknowledgement from the admin would be great, then at least we would know that someone is looking into it.

randman21
08-16-2009, 01:51 PM
But why not just try another browser to be sure? It's only a few MB, a small sacrifice for peace of mind, and it's almost sure to be the problem. You may even find something you like. :D The one or two times I had the problem with firefox happened because I hadn't let the page load all the way, and apparently you need that to access the scroll button. So that may be another solution.

In short, I have no clue.

Rutegard
08-16-2009, 01:54 PM
right i downloaded the new IE and im loving the colors change eheh :P

m.offspring.r
08-16-2009, 02:01 PM
looool

so you use IE8 because the colors LOOL

Rutegard
08-16-2009, 02:03 PM
looool

so you use IE8 because the colors LOOL

ahaha girls.....ahahaha :P

m.offspring.r
08-16-2009, 02:13 PM
yep.... girls.... :cool:

Smash_Returns
08-20-2009, 09:00 PM
I had the issue on IE (i was forced to use it once).

However, It works fine on Firefox and Opera