PDA

View Full Version : Muse - "The Resistance"

Outerspaceman21
08-14-2009, 09:55 PM
So, is anyone excited for the next Muse album. I am. I love all their stuff.

Heres the tracklisting

1. "Uprising" – 5:06
2. "Resistance" – 5:46
3. "Undisclosed Desires" – 3:56
4. "United States of Eurasia/Collateral Damage" – 5:47
5. "Guiding Light" – 4:13
6. "Unnatural Selection" – 6:54
7. "MK Ultra" – 4:06
8. "I Belong to You/Mon Cœur S'ouvre ta Voix" – 5:21
9. "Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)" – 4:18
10. "Exogenesis: Symphony Part II (Cross Pollination)" – 3:56
11. "Exogenesis: Symphony Part III (Redemption)" – 4:37

It's due out next month on the 14th and it will be awesome. I can't wait to hear it.

Autonomist
08-14-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm not entirely convinced on the stuff I've heard off of it so far. Uprising was alright, not exactly anything stellar by their standards, and I plain just didn't like United States of Eurasia. I think Muse probably peaked with Black Holes and Revelations, though I do hope I'm wrong. Regardless I'm sure the album will have at least a couple of really great tracks.

IAmARevenant
08-14-2009, 11:11 PM
I don't know if they'll top Black Holes and Revelations, but I'll still buy it.

Alison
08-15-2009, 04:27 AM
I heard the United States of Eurasia...Wtf. it sounds more like Queen

mrconeman
08-16-2009, 07:33 PM
I go in and out of liking Muse, but after hearing that Eurasia crap...

Completely terrible... I mean eye-gougingly embarrising at the very end section...EurraSIAAA ...SIAA...SIAA!! I'll not even start on the blatent Queen ripping...

Pretentious Bollocks.

EddieHem94
08-17-2009, 01:31 PM
The 2 muse song are realy gd when u listen 2 them a few times nd united states of uratia isnt realy like queen only like 10 secs of it is "queen" nd they wouldnt even realese their best single first would they well it still is realy gd

Rag Doll
08-17-2009, 01:47 PM
I'm looking forward to it, though mainly so they tour again.

Alison
08-17-2009, 03:12 PM
The 2 muse song are realy gd when u listen 2 them a few times nd united states of uratia isnt realy like queen only like 10 secs of it is "queen" nd they wouldnt even realese their best single first would they well it still is realy gd

It sounds like We Are The Champions! If I hadn't known it was Muse i would have thought it was Queen.
Haven't heard the single yet though..

T-6005
08-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Muse are a great, great band.

The problem is that nothing they've done since Origin of Symmetry has ever come close to matching how incredible that album was. Absolution and Black Holes and Revelations were good, even great, but they just lacked the song-by-song greatness that puts Origin of Symmetry at the top.

Well, that's the problem for me. Obviously others might disagree. All the same, I'm looking forward to this album - Eurasia did nothing for me, but I did quite enjoy Uprising. It reminded me of Exo-politics crossed with Starlight from their last album, which is too bad because if nothing else I expected a healthy progression.

Llamas
08-17-2009, 04:27 PM
I've always found Muse to be fairly "meh". I've never disliked anything I've heard, but I've also never been amazed.

But I'm listening to United States of Eurasia right now, and holy shit, what a serious Queen rip off. This is even worse than The Black Parade in that regard. I'm always very careful to yell "rip off!" about music, but this is pretty blatant. Not big on this song, anyway. It's kind of boring.

And now I return to having no stark emotions about Muse.

Smash_Returns
08-17-2009, 10:43 PM
I don't think they'll ever top Origin Of Symmetry, but I thought Eurasia and Uprising were good, I'd put it par to BH&R, at least.

drummerbecca
08-18-2009, 04:36 AM
I haven't heard any of their newest stuff yet, but the feedback I've heard hasn't been great. I absolutely loved their first and second albums, but I thought everything after that was utter shite. Still, I'd be willing to give the new album a listen.

T-6005
09-10-2009, 07:10 PM
As much as I love Muse, everything from Resistance, right up until the end of United States of Eurasia is just laughable.

It almost feels like they did it on purpose, though, with some strange dynamic breaks which are very un-Muse, and I find myself liking the songs just the same. It's almost like listening to the Supergrass album "Life on Other Planets." You enjoy the song to some degree, but it feels like there's a bit of pisstaking going on.

If I were to say "There's some definite Queen influence" I'd probably have to shoot myself for being too obvious. It's like Brian May sat in on every part of this album except for the guitar.

That's actually all I've listened to so far. I'm hoping the rest of the album rediscovers the apocalyptic Muse I love so much.

MAXTER
09-11-2009, 05:51 AM
"The Resistant" album sound good!!! :)

ThunderPX
09-11-2009, 08:10 AM
I'm about halfway through my first listen now, and I'm confused as fuck. It's like they're saying "Yes, this is pop music, similar to a lot of things on the radio, but we can get away with it because we are Muse."

It might also help that the lyrics aren't terrible like a lot of the otherwise catchy recent pop songs on the radio- although the Uprising lyrics are pretty amateurish.

EDIT: Perhaps they've made it their mission to take back pop music, but it doesn't quite work for everyone since a) a lot of people automatically associate the sound with the contentless swill that a lot of today's pop music embodies, and b) they made Origin of Symmetry, one of the most epic albums ever, which makes it sort of hard to see this album independently of that. Am I making sense?

Outerspaceman21
09-11-2009, 02:45 PM
EDIT: Perhaps they've made it their mission to take back pop music, but it doesn't quite work for everyone since a) a lot of people automatically associate the sound with the contentless swill that a lot of today's pop music embodies, and b) they made Origin of Symmetry, one of the most epic albums ever, which makes it sort of hard to see this album independently of that. Am I making sense?

Yeah. You're having trouble trying to look at each individually without comparing to one another, right?

SuperKnux
09-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Well I think the album is pretty good. I don't really understand people when they say The Resistance is more "radio accessible" than their previous efforts, when Orgin has it's fair share of accessible radio songs.

It's kind of like when all these kids started dissing Green Day because American Idiot was a radio accessible album. I don't know, maybe I just don't listen to the radio as often as others; but I still haven't gotten the memo that 9-minute-chorus-less songs are "radio friendly."

Anywho, bring the subject back to the latest Muse record; it's pretty cool. So far I can tell you that "Undisclosed Desires", "I Belong To You", "Unnatural Selection" and the third act of the "Exogenesis Symphony" are my favorite tracks.

nieh
09-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Yeah, Muse have pretty much always been a stadium rock band, so I don't see how they could possibly be anymore pop than they already were.

Haven't heard the new album yet. It comes out on Tuesday, doesn't it?

ThunderPX
09-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Came out on Friday here.

SuperKnux
09-12-2009, 01:05 PM
I downloaded it a couple of hours when it leaked. 320 of course. :D

Ninty Man
09-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Download anyone?