PDA

View Full Version : Dexter in Finland

Savoa
08-18-2009, 12:06 PM
Greetings from Finland, Funland!

Dexter you were in Sauna World Championship 2009 Heinola, Finland.
I hope you enjoyed the finnish steam, next time bring the whole band with you :)

here is a local piece of news from there:

http://www.mtv3.fi/viihde/uutiset/musiikki.shtml/932024?the_offspring

Header goes: "the singer of The Offspring took a sauna in Heinola"

Hope you could also come here to play, Finland is waiting..

Jessika
08-20-2009, 05:07 AM
My God, that's cool. Why was I not in Finland during the Sauna World Championship? :confused:

Hope he liked it so that they come to Finland, or better for me: Sweden, and play! :D

Jojan
08-20-2009, 05:17 AM
My God, that's cool. Why was I not in Finland during the Sauna World Championship? :confused:

Hope he liked it so that they come to Finland, or better for me: Sweden, and play! :D

Weren't you in Germany?

Populära avkomman, bandets sångare Dexter Holland har överraskat piipahtamalla bastu-VM i Heinola.

Bastu har vänner i havet bakom åtminstone avkomman, bandets frontfigur Dexter Holland är känt LÄTTRETLIG saunojaksi. Även i den utsträckning som sångaren gjorde ett överraskande besök i Heinola, ordnade i bastun som kastar världen mästerskap.

- Dexter är intresserad bastu, och han har en bastu själv hemma i Kalifornien, även kilpailupäällikkö Ossi Arvela Rumba berättar tidningen.

Singer tunnustautuu löylymestari Timo faniksi knapparna på fjärrkontrollen, som har tävlingen för femte världen titeln.

- Den mycket hon gillade bastu, och beklagade att hans eget saunastaan gå så stark bastu, Arvela mer.

MTV3: s Entertainment News är nu också Twitter, tutustu . besök.

(MTV3)

Jessika
08-20-2009, 05:36 AM
Weren't you in Germany?

Yes I was. But ofc I want to see them one more time! Blodad tand. :D

dexter12296566
08-20-2009, 09:30 AM
That picture is fucking hot but I wish the article was in English. Do you have an English link?

Savoa
08-20-2009, 11:52 AM
it seems none of our Finnish news agencies did not report in english.
but maybe I try to translate the main points..

"Sauna has also friends over the ocean. This can be said after the leader of The Offspring Dexter Holland totally surprised all Finns and visited in Sauna World Championship 2009 Heinola, Finland.

-Dexter has been interested in Sauna and he has own sauna in home California, says Ossi Järvelä the leader of competition.

Singer admitted he has an idol in Finland. This idol is a Finnish person Timo Kaukonen who has won the Sauna world championship now five times.

-Dexter liked very much our Sauna. Only thing why he was disappointed he has more less steam in his own sauna than this one, says Arvela."

So maybe we should send a Finnish sauna heater to Dexter so he can have a hotter steam while taking a bath ;)

Zee
08-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Shit, this year's competition ended up real bad, a Russian finalist died right after the final. He and the Finnish five-time world champ Timo Kaukonen just wouldn't give up even though being double the time at the sauna than the other finalists! Timo was taken at an intensive care but survived. No facts of life-time injuries yet. Crazy... but it was just a matter of time when two people meet together and both want to win with a price of anything, this time one's life.

Timo Kaukonen is known as The Offspring fan and Dexter is known as a Timo fan.

Lord Phidias
08-09-2010, 05:13 PM
People organizing this kind of events would be the equivalent to american rednecks? Or mexican "nacos"?

seffywhite
08-12-2010, 02:17 AM
People organizing this kind of events would be the equivalent to american rednecks? Or mexican "nacos"?

response wise these events are doubtful i think