PDA

View Full Version : Greg's attitude, band's attitude...

keithur
08-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Hey!

On my way home, after the show in Terchova, I thought for a while about the band's attitude to giving concerts. And I came to conclusion that despite getting older, they seem to still have power and will to play music. This is what Dexter told in one interview and this awesome show simply confirmed that. But I would like to know your opinion about Greg. I mean, contrary to Dexter and Noodles, he is not the kind of man who gives interviews so it's much more difficult to claim what he thinks about particular things. Sometimes I have an impression that he is bored or tired of that all but I cannot tell why. Probably because he does not express too many emotions and seems to be quite mysterious. Yet, when I looked at some photos here on board with Greg's beaming face, I felt something different. And don't know what to think now . So, what do YOU think about it? I'm very curious :) I hope it has not been discussed here yet :P

dexter12296566
08-18-2009, 02:01 PM
I don't know or really think about Greg's thought's. I wish I could figure out Dexter and his personality. He seems very nice but fame seems to have changed him(so people say). I don't necessarily agree with that. It could just be that he is not as outgoing and goofy because as he got older he has matured. Unfortunately, I have not met him so I don't know.
Do YOU HEAR THAT? Those of you that have met him(and hopefully Dexter himself) tell me everything. His attitude, what he said,etc...

madGreg
08-18-2009, 02:14 PM
I don't know or really think about Greg's thought's. I wish I could figure out Dexter and his personality. He seems very nice but fame seems to have changed him(so people say). I don't necessarily agree with that. It could just be that he is not as outgoing and goofy because as he got older he has matured. Unfortunately, I have not met him so I don't know.
Do YOU HEAR THAT? Those of you that have met him(and hopefully Dexter himself) tell me everything. His attitude, what he said,etc...

I've been thinking about this recently. My short meetings with the guys tend to confirm my thoughts.
So, here's how I see it.
Greg and Dexter seem to be those who make decisions in the band. Yeah, I know it is surprising to hear that I think Greg is running the band, but I have this impression for a while. He established the whole thing with Dexter and I think he really does. He's not the face of the band, but a kind of éminence grise if you know what I mean. Noodles on the other hand is for me a guy, who has most of fun of it (touring, playing, etc.) He seems to enjoy what he does and he doesn't seem to be bored by it at all. Dexter is superstar. The order they appeared when we met them some time ago was: first Noodles and Ron, then Greg, and then much much later Dexter. And Noodles never looked bored :)

So these are my thoughts, of course it may be completely wrong or opposite and only they know how it is in reality, but as I said, this is what I think.

Jesus
08-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Last year at the Paris show the band waited an hour to start the concert because one of the crew members was picking up Greg at the airport (he rejoined the band after spending a couple days with his newborn). So he had just flown in from the US, jetlag, sitting a zillion hours in a plane and then decided to play the show.

Greg K owns.

jacknife737
08-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Greg K owns.

This is true.

nameless
08-18-2009, 05:31 PM
after all these years, if greg k wasnt enjoying touring, he wouldnt still be playing shows night after night. he has admitted in interviews that dexter and noodles are the more camera magnetic ones from the band and he likes his role as it is!

Rooster
08-18-2009, 06:02 PM
If Greg is always so quiet and therefore "a man of mistery"... Isn't it possible that he is in fact the mastermind of the band, and Dexter, Noodles and Pete are just his puppets? He plays it smart, just like a mob boss - he keeps his evil deeds concealed as much as possible :D

LOL j0k3

edit: Greg rules, and even though Dexter and Noodles are the "camera magnets" of the band Greg's status is legendary... Actually (based on many comments on bbs) he's more God-like

dexter12296566
08-18-2009, 08:48 PM
If Greg is always so quiet and therefore "a man of mistery"... Isn't it possible that he is in fact the mastermind of the band, and Dexter, Noodles and Pete are just his puppets? He plays it smart, just like a mob boss - he keeps his evil deeds concealed as much as possible :D

LOL j0k3

edit: Greg rules, and even though Dexter and Noodles are the "camera magnets" of the band Greg's status is legendary... Actually (based on many comments on bbs) he's more God-like

No one is more God-like than Dexy, but Greg is mysterious and quiet. I bet he is planning something.

keithur
08-18-2009, 11:29 PM
he has admitted in interviews that dexter and noodles are the more camera magnetic ones from the band and he likes his role as it is!

Oh, good to know that, I haven't read this interview :) Apparently you're right- if he didn't like it, he would simply stop touring. And I know that everything written here is only speculation, but I wanted to know your points of view anyway.

m.offspring.r
08-19-2009, 01:39 AM
No one is more God-like than Dexy, but Greg is mysterious and quiet. I bet he is planning something.

:eek::eek:

Greg is the man!!

Aria
08-22-2009, 07:27 AM
I think Dex is the man running the band. Noodles and Greg just go with the flow and follow Dex's decisions. Xcept that, Noodles expresses himself more and enjoys being in the spotlight while Greg prefers to be low-profile.

I think Dex prefers to bring Noodles to interviews because Noodles is like the life of the party. And in a way, i think it makes Dex feels 'sheltered', like he doesn't have to crack his head just to make the interview interesting and also with Noodles, he doesn't have to answer all the qns himself. I mean, Dex is quite a private guy, he's been in the business like 20 years and he almost never talk about family life that much. Imagine if Dex brought Greg??? Dex will be so stressed out because the interviewer will be asking him 1001 qns and he has to answer them, cause Greg's so quiet!! At least with Noodles around, Dex can relax and kinda share the limelight.

I don't know, it's just my opinion. Can someone get Mr Holland here himself to shed some light? Hehe..

Oh btw, i know Dex go with Noodles everywhere, but considering that Greg and Dex started the band initially, I just want to know, who is Dex REALLY close to offstage? Greg or Noodles?

mrs_hollandova
08-22-2009, 07:38 AM
Haha, no way. Dexter is like a child, Greg is following him and the only normal person is Noodles. If Noodles wasn't there, there would be no more Offspring. Pete is cute.

Greg is a little bit snob.

mrs_hollandova
08-22-2009, 07:40 AM
I think Dex is the man running the band. Noodles and Greg just go with the flow and follow Dex's decisions. Xcept that, Noodles expresses himself more and enjoys being in the spotlight while Greg prefers to be low-profile.

I think Dex prefers to bring Noodles to interviews because Noodles is like the life of the party. And in a way, i think it makes Dex feels 'sheltered', like he doesn't have to crack his head just to make the interview interesting and also with Noodles, he doesn't have to answer all the qns himself. I mean, Dex is quite a private guy, he's been in the business like 20 years and he almost never talk about family life that much. Imagine if Dex brought Greg??? Dex will be so stressed out because the interviewer will be asking him 1001 qns and he has to answer them, cause Greg's so quiet!! At least with Noodles around, Dex can relax and kinda share the limelight.

I don't know, it's just my opinion. Can someone get Mr Holland here himself to shed some light? Hehe..

Oh btw, i know Dex go with Noodles everywhere, but considering that Greg and Dex started the band initially, I just want to know, who is Dex REALLY close to offstage? Greg or Noodles?

Greg. absolutly.

Aria
08-22-2009, 08:49 AM
Greg. absolutly.

I think so too...

weezly
08-22-2009, 09:24 AM
greg k is so bad ass, his idea of a 3way is, chuck norris, stewie griffin and himself fighting to the death with hulk hogan as referee, lets face it, greg k owns. there was actually 12 people backstage in berlin, but only 11 came out.
the first thing i ever said to greg k was, 'i just soiled myself'

ad8
08-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Greg has the biggest dick.
I wonder that no one else said this before.