PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring's Pickups

Shullski
08-19-2009, 12:06 AM
Is it known what pickups Dexter and Noodles use on their guitars ?

And also amps, if known.

Ive heard that Noodle uses Infinity, but I dont know for sure the quality of sound these produce.

And response is greatly appreciated.

randman21
08-19-2009, 12:18 AM
I should leave this for someone who really knows, but Dexter uses DiMarzio Super Distortion pickups, and Noodles uses DiMarzio Tone Zone (I believe his signature guitars come with INF pickups, but he switched them out).

As for amps, I had heard that they used to use Mesa/Boogie Mark IV, but on stage, all I ever see are Egnater amps, which I don't know anything about.

EDIT: Wikipedia says they use the Mark IV on records, along with VHT Classic Lead amps.

Outerspaceman21
08-19-2009, 12:22 PM
I should leave this for someone who really knows, but Dexter uses DiMarzio Super Distortion pickups, and Noodles uses DiMarzio Tone Zone (I believe his signature guitars come with INF pickups, but he switched them out).

As for amps, I had heard that they used to use Mesa/Boogie Mark IV, but on stage, all I ever see are Egnater amps, which I don't know anything about.

EDIT: Wikipedia says they use the Mark IV on records, along with VHT Classic Lead amps.

Says it all. Thats it.