PDA

View Full Version : Noodles NDM1 and NDM2

Shullski
08-20-2009, 11:33 AM
I was debating on getting one of the Noodles signature guitars, but I've heard that the quality of the guitar is only so-so.

Anyone either have the NDM1 or 2?

The thing about it is that I LOVE the duct tape finish on the NDM1, think it looks, great, and is the NDM1 any less quality of the guitar since it was released earlier ?

And also, does the guitar pickups (Infinity i think) produce a good sound ?

DMelges
08-20-2009, 01:13 PM
First of all, if you know where to find an NDM guitar in a store found anywhere in the USA, please tell me where. I dying to buy one.

As for your question, I can't say for sure. I've never played one. But from what I've heard... some people say they loved the guitar because of the sound and durability. You can play the guitar to any musical style, it's especially good for The Offspring style songs.
But, I've also heard from other people that the tape on their NDM started to peel off in 6 months. Others sayed it lasts forever.

But in terms of sound, it's good. That's for sure.

Take a look at these reviews of both the NDM models. Hope I helped =]

NDM1
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/ibanez/ndm1tsg_noodles/index.html

NDM2
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/ibanez/ndm2/index.html

PEND@LF
08-20-2009, 01:49 PM
well, I have an NDM2 and I can say, that it's guitar for me :) everyone is looking for a sound, so I advise - play on it, if possible. browse effects and etc.
and about Noodles logo: not be hard to erase him from dust and fingerprints - the paint can get down.
good luck :)

Smash_Returns
08-20-2009, 09:30 PM
I heard the NDM1 was an amazing guitar, but they're IMPOSSIBLE to find.

The NDM2 isn't quite as good (from what I've heard from someone I know who has one), but is still a solid guitar (better than standard models). However, at least it's possible to find it.

Streef
08-21-2009, 03:37 AM
First of all, if you know where to find an NDM guitar in a store found anywhere in the USA, please tell me where. I dying to buy one.

There's a store called Motor City Guitar in Michigan that had an NDM1 last time I was there around a month ago, and from the way the employees acted I'd guess it's not exactly flying off the shelf. No idea about whether they ship long-distance. Number is (248) 673-1900‎ if you care to check it out. It was still in good shape. They wanted something like $440 for it.

MOTO13
08-21-2009, 06:25 AM
I own both the 1 & 2. The 2 definitely has better sustain than the 1. Both have the same pick-ups but the sound of the two are totally different. I repleced the pu's on the 1 and the sound is much better. Both have good playability but the 2 just seems easier for me to play.

come out swinging
08-21-2009, 06:42 PM
NDM2 cost bout $700 new.
NDM1 is discounted so only used ones.

I like the way that NDM2 looks. I prefer using Ibanez RG series.

PunksKillEmos
08-21-2009, 07:48 PM
I have an Ndm1 and its awesome and it has a nice raw sound to it.

weezly
08-22-2009, 12:36 AM
noooo way dude! didnt you see my post a few days ago about these guitars.
totally overpriced, imo you are getting a begginers guitar for 2 times the price, tell me what is so great about this guitar? basswood body you will find in most guitars, the pick ups are not a brand name, its just its way overpriced more than anything, if it was half that price then it would be fine.
if i were you i would get a guitar from this guy..
eguitarplans.com
ask him about building you a custom guitar, or even build your own one, his guitars would be like spending 400 usd and getting 1500 usd worth if brought from a store, just send him an email, im sure he can help you out.
my biggest advice as a guitarist, stay well clear of an ndm unless you get one for 300usd. oh btw i do have an ndm2

weezly
08-22-2009, 12:50 AM
http://www.eguitarplans.com/blog/?cat=4

SMASHedTHEignition
08-22-2009, 02:32 AM
i like the ndm2 better, its got a perfect sound

Shullski
08-22-2009, 03:33 PM
noooo way dude! didnt you see my post a few days ago about these guitars.
totally overpriced, imo you are getting a begginers guitar for 2 times the price, tell me what is so great about this guitar? basswood body you will find in most guitars, the pick ups are not a brand name, its just its way overpriced more than anything, if it was half that price then it would be fine.
if i were you i would get a guitar from this guy..
eguitarplans.com
ask him about building you a custom guitar, or even build your own one, his guitars would be like spending 400 usd and getting 1500 usd worth if brought from a store, just send him an email, im sure he can help you out.
my biggest advice as a guitarist, stay well clear of an ndm unless you get one for 300usd. oh btw i do have an ndm2
Thanks man. Def helped me out.