PDA

View Full Version : Pennywise has lost their singer

Alex101
08-21-2009, 12:35 PM
What a sad day for us! According to this article I just read on Punknews.org (http://www.punknews.org/article/34892), Pennywise's lead singer Jim Lindberg has left the band, but we don't know who's going to replace him. Here's the reason why he left:

"After 20 years, nine albums and thousands of shows around the world, my time in Pennywise has come to an end. Being the singer for this band has been an amazing experience, and along the way we made some of the best fans anyone could ask for. There are few things that made me more proud than seeing people at our shows singing our songs, and it's your support and encouragement that's kept me going this long. would sincerely like to thank everyone who helped us along the way and wish everyone in the Pennywise family the best of luck and continued success. Yours truly, Jim."

According to the source, Jim is currently working on a documentary based on his book Punk Rock Dad, and he's set to begin recording for an as-yet-untitled release.

cool 2 hate 681
08-21-2009, 12:37 PM
that sucks looks like pennywise is done :(

zsk
08-21-2009, 12:41 PM
ohh that realy sucks :(
i hope they'll find a new singer!!
but i know its so hard to find a new singer
even if you look at iron maiden's history; Bruce left the band,they got a new singer and their succes was blown away! -> later bruce joined the band again to rescue the band

Alex101
08-21-2009, 01:08 PM
that sucks looks like pennywise is done :(
It almost does look like the band is breaking up, but Jim left the band once back in '92 when or before they were writing the Unknown Road record.

m.offspring.r
08-21-2009, 01:09 PM
summarizing: pennywise is dead!

dexter12296566
08-21-2009, 01:11 PM
When I saw the thread I thought he died. It should have been called Pennywise singer has left the band.

0r4ng3
08-21-2009, 01:21 PM
I wouldn't be too disappointed if they disbanded after this. They've had a good run, I think. Most bands don't last as long as they did.

Alex101
08-21-2009, 01:25 PM
When I saw the thread I thought he died. It should have been called Pennywise singer has left the band.
The reason I named this thread "Pennywise has lost their singer" was because Jim had just left the group and the band doesn't even have a replacement for him yet.

Szandi
08-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Statement from Pennywise Regarding Jim Lindberg Leaving Band
The members of Pennywise, Fletcher Dragge, Byron McMackin and Randy Bradbury,have issued the following statement regarding singer Jim Lindberg’s departure:

“After 19 years with Pennywise, Jim Lindberg has decided to step down as lead singer. Pennywise has long stood behind the motto that you should always follow your heart and pursue what makes you happy, and we wish Jim the best of luck in his new ventures, whatever they may be. Pennywise has become a way of life for a lot of people, and has definitely become a way of life for us. As the three remaining members of Pennywise, we feel that we are not done delivering our message to our fans.

”The band has always been about moving forward in life no matter what obstacles stand in front of you. We will begin our search for a new singer immediately. We will continue to tour the world and we are looking forward to writing new music. We've had a lot of good times and survived the hard times thanks to the undying support of our fans. We're looking forward to what the future may bring."

Sincerely Fletcher, Randy, and Byron

Outerspaceman21
08-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Damn, that sucks. I wonder if they will keep going and get a new singer.

tayluhhx3
08-21-2009, 03:08 PM
i find it weird that after 19 years with something, he quits. i would find it hard to stop something i've been doing for that long.

Szandi
08-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Damn, that sucks. I wonder if they will keep going and get a new singer.

with a new singer...that will not be the same.
but I hope Jim will come back again.

nameless
08-21-2009, 03:36 PM
i find it weird that after 19 years with something, he quits. i would find it hard to stop something i've been doing for that long.

i dont mean to speculate but there was an interview with jim where he said something along the lines of them not touring as much, he wanted to be with his family and being kinda "thats the way it is", it was around the warped tour time a year or two ago. dont get me wrong though, that is a perfectly valid reason.

i also remember reading his book and there were lots of references to his daughters, he missed ones first steps or first words while out on tour being interviewed by someone he wasnt fond of. my guess is that his family played a part in it.

i dont think they will be the same without him, his vocals were kinda unique and had that attitude to them, it will be interesting to see who they get in to replace him!

Outerspaceman21
08-21-2009, 04:19 PM
They probably will get a new singer. Pennywise isn't the type to just say die when they lose a member. Replacing a singer, though, isn't always met with a warm reaction. I just hope he's as cool as Jim.

Rooster
08-21-2009, 04:30 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Damn, why this had to happen... I agree they'll never be the same without Jim. Replacing a frontman is what complicates things the most. I wish all best to them though, and hope they'll get another just as cool singer. If it was Jim's sincere decision then i guess we as fans should accept it and still support Pennywise.

Szandi
08-21-2009, 04:39 PM
They probably will get a new singer. Pennywise is that the type to just say die when they lose a member. Replacing a singer, though, isn't always met with a warm reaction. I just hope he's as cool as Jim.

Yeah... me too...

Szandi
08-21-2009, 04:43 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Damn, why this had to happen... I agree they'll never be the same without Jim. Replacing a frontman is what complicates things the most. I wish all best to them though, and hope they'll get another just as cool singer. If it was Jim's sincere decision then i guess we as fans should accept it and still support Pennywise.

just a new singer has a different voice and They are playing old songs and I think that will be not too good. and I will feel...this is not pennywise...just similar...

cool 2 hate 681
08-21-2009, 05:15 PM
i just noticed jims last show with pennywise was opening up for offspring in canada

Rooster
08-21-2009, 05:17 PM
just a new singer has a different voice and They are playing old songs and I think that will be not too good. and I will feel...this is not pennywise...just similar...

That's what i had in mind, this is what complicates things.

Take Alice In Chains as an example (if you konw them) - while the 2 new songs i heard are good, they are nowhere near anything the band recorded with Layne Staley when he was still alive...

Szandi
08-21-2009, 05:49 PM
That's what i had in mind, this is what complicates things.

Take Alice In Chains as an example (if you konw them) - while the 2 new songs i heard are good, they are nowhere near anything the band recorded with Layne Staley when he was still alive...

I understand.
But Jim left the Pennywise before first europe tour 'cause He didn't want to left his job and Jason sang. after Jim came back.
So i hope he's coming back.

Rooster
08-21-2009, 05:50 PM
I understand.
But Jim left the Pennywise before first europe tour 'cause He didn't want to left his job and Jason sang. after Jim came back.
So i hope he's coming back.

Yeah, me too. They really wouldn't be the same without Jim.

Szandi
08-21-2009, 06:09 PM

Yeah, that is the problem... and he wrote the lyrics...

Alex101
08-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Never. If Jim intends to leave, Fletcher, Randy and Byron should have just disbanded Pennywise for good, rather than using that name without him.

Llamas
08-21-2009, 07:43 PM
I hate how much weight singers get to carry in a band. Jim may have written the lyrics, but he didn't write the songs by himself. Pennywise can go on writing songs just like before but with a different person singing the words. There are only a few bands I know of that I feel like the singer really has enough weight that the band wouldn't be the same without them... Pennywise is DEFINITELY not one of those bands to me.

T-6005
08-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Whatever. I enjoy Pennywise from time to time, but since every song sounds almost exactly the same, I don't see what the big deal is.

Do you wonder what they might have sounded like had he stayed? Easy, just listen to everything they've already done.

Rooster
08-22-2009, 03:44 AM
Well, in my opinion they can still use the name Pennywise, it's their choice to do so (Iron Maiden didn't change their name either when Dickinson left, and this is just one of the cases when lead singer left the band). It won't be the same, BUT i think we still have to wait and see how they'll do with a new singer. Although i still hope Jim would come back, i'll accept whatever they choose to do, and i'll wait until i hear them with a new singer to judge properly.

jacknife737
08-22-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm surprisingly bummed out by this news. They've hardly been my favorite band, but i like a good number of their records; Reason To Believe was a definite step up for them as well (a good album to call it quits on). Also, i guess i was at one of their last shows with Jim.

I have mixed feelings about them continuing under the Pennywise name, without Jim. They may still be able to write similar songs, but i think it would be better to get a fresh start. Close the Pennywise book for now, and if the band as a whole, at a later point want to reopen it, then so be it.

Szandi
08-22-2009, 04:01 PM
I hate how much weight singers get to carry in a band. Jim may have written the lyrics, but he didn't write the songs by himself. Pennywise can go on writing songs just like before but with a different person singing the words. There are only a few bands I know of that I feel like the singer really has enough weight that the band wouldn't be the same without them... Pennywise is DEFINITELY not one of those bands to me.

I will like if Dave Quackenbush are singing...hehe :D
just because He sang: Come out fighting. and I think that is very good.
so I hope They will find a very good singer...

nameless
08-22-2009, 09:43 PM

i think there is more to them, im pretty sure at some point ive heard references to fletcher and randy wriiting songs and i know jim play instruments as well so he wasnt really just the singer writing lyrics!

Autonomist
08-23-2009, 04:38 AM
This is probably the best thing that could've happened to Pennywise. They've absolutely run their sound into the ground, maybe with a new singer they can move forward creatively after god knows how many years of making the same song time after time.

Smash_Returns
08-23-2009, 03:17 PM
I am truely sorry for your lots.

Outerspaceman21
08-23-2009, 03:52 PM
This is probably the best thing that could've happened to Pennywise. They've absolutely run their sound into the ground, maybe with a new singer they can move forward creatively after god knows how many years of making the same song time after time.

Thats actually a cool way to think about it. Besides, Jim voice wasn't the reason why I listened to Pennywise.

RageAndLov
08-23-2009, 05:23 PM
"After 20 years, nine albums and thousands of shows around the world, my time in Pennywise has come to an end. Being the singer for this band has been an amazing experience, and along the way we made some of the best fans anyone could ask for. There are few things that made me more proud than seeing people at our shows singing our songs, and it's your support and encouragement that's kept me going this long. would sincerely like to thank everyone who helped us along the way and wish everyone in the Pennywise family the best of luck and continued success. Yours truly, Jim."

Here he lists everything good being in Pennywise, but why did he quit?

jacknife737
08-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Most likely he wanted to spend more time at home.

In his book "Punk Rock Dad" he talks about missing a lot in his daughters early lives due to being on tour.

RageAndLov
08-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Most likely he wanted to spend more time at home.

In his book "Punk Rock Dad" he talks about missing a lot in his daughters early lives due to being on tour.

That's understandable. I know many bandmembers quitting their bands because of too much touring.
It's a loss though.

Human
08-23-2009, 09:07 PM
I was at warped tour yesterday and he was up with Nofx, and he didn't seem to torn up about it...He seemed really happy about it, seeing as he was insulting Pennywise. >.>

cool 2 hate 681
08-23-2009, 10:26 PM
I was at warped tour yesterday and he was up with Nofx, and he didn't seem to torn up about it...He seemed really happy about it, seeing as he was insulting Pennywise. >.>

who was insulting pennywise jim lindberg or fat mike?

-Samantha-
08-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Oh, shit this is sad:(
Pennywise are one of my favourite bands, and they always will be.
Pennywise, in my heart, you guys will always rock xoxo

TheOldMark
08-24-2009, 09:18 AM
very sad news. pennywise has always been my 2nd favorite band, nobody has influenced my life, my attitudes towards life, more than Jim Lindbeg.

RODNEYMULLEN
08-24-2009, 12:50 PM
It really sucks that jim left pennywise. But i'm curious to hear pennywise with a new singer. I love pennywise, they're one of those bands that you can say doesn't have a single bad song.

Ninty Man
08-24-2009, 08:01 PM
MMM... Pennywise RIP

KHWHD
08-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Damn, that really sucks.

nameless
08-30-2009, 04:19 PM
MMM... Pennywise RIP

its not the end yet!

Rutegard
08-31-2009, 12:22 PM
its not the end yet!

huummm

damn, im surely gonna miss his voice!!!

cool 2 hate 681
08-31-2009, 07:08 PM
they must have already found a new singer since they are going to play cypress hill's smokeout fest‎ival in october and sublime is also playing :mad:

jacknife737
08-31-2009, 07:46 PM
they must have already found a new singer since they are going to play cypress hill's smokeout fest‎ival in october and sublime is also playing :mad:

Whoever it is, it's probably just a temporary fill-in, at least according to Fletcher's recent kroq interview. I get the vibe, whomever it is, he's going to come from an already established band.

Fletcher seemed kind of bummed out by the whole thing; it seems the news was somewhat unexpected. This was pretty interesting, shed a lot of light on the situation http://kroq-data.com/wah/wah/audio/?a=1735

cool 2 hate 681
08-31-2009, 10:27 PM
thanks for the link:) i didn't even know he was on kevin and bean but i bet the temporary singer is dave quackenbush from the vandals

Oxygene
09-01-2009, 01:53 AM
I wanna sing in pennywise god dammit! =)

I hope they find a new singer where you can apply for it :)

Rutegard
09-01-2009, 04:14 AM
I wanna sing in pennywise god dammit! =)

I hope they find a new singer where you can apply for it :)

i think your could go for it :)

cool 2 hate 681
09-02-2009, 02:34 PM
ignite vocalist zoli teglas is going to be the temporarily singer of pennywise

Alex101
09-02-2009, 04:36 PM
And according to the source (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=126347), he's going to be in the band for a while until a permanent replacement for Jim is found, thus he'll be performing at the Smokeout Festival next month.

Outerspaceman21
09-02-2009, 05:20 PM

Thats cool. I like his vocal style. Good stuff.

dff_punk
09-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Heh, I love the singing of Zoli, I hope it will be at least to some degree compatible with the music of Pennywise.

Free?
09-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Haha, Zoli's voice will actually make Pennywise songs sound like Ignite's. Unless he'll change his singing manner. Either way it's gonna be interesting to hear.

nameless
09-02-2009, 06:55 PM
it will be interesting to har them together, i wouldnt have thought it would work that well but you never know!

Punkrock1907
09-03-2009, 05:05 PM
its like a bad joke.

he left pennywise so many years ago first time but turn back to band again

i hope he will back to pennywise

Alison
09-04-2009, 04:55 AM
Hmmm I like his voice. But I'm not that mad into Ignite...so maybe it'll be good.

nameless
09-04-2009, 06:04 PM
thinking about ignites albums, he seems more of a "singer", im not sure how he will cope with jims vocals!

cool 2 hate 681
09-18-2009, 02:20 PM
found this on kroq.com

Download New Pennywise

Singer Jim Lindberg last recording with the band is a cover of the classic song "We're Gonna Fight" by an even longer-running hardcore act, Reno, Nevada's 7 Seconds.
Download Here. http://www.spin.com/articles/download-pennywise-cover-hardcore-classic

Oxygene
09-18-2009, 03:31 PM

if a Hungarian can be a temporariy fill in maybe a Hungarian can be a final fill... god I would so love to do that :)

Lizilla
09-19-2009, 05:52 PM
I was pretty shocked to hear that he'd left...pretty into Pennywise. I quite like Ignite as well but I'm glad he's not permanently the replacement.

I hope they get an unknown who doesnt sound so much like him so he can make it his "own" if you get what I mean?

Alex101
11-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Even though Pennywise still has no official new singer yet, they're planning to release their next album in the spring of 2010.

http://www.punknews.org/article/35945

jacknife737
11-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Well, that's pretty ambitious....

Alex101
11-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Well, that's pretty ambitious....
Very ambitious. It's hard to imagine Pennywise without Jim. If Dexter left the Offspring and the band decided to go on without him, it would sound even worse.

Alex101
02-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Zoli Teglas from Ignite is apparently filling in for Jim again on their upcoming European tour.

http://www.punknews.org/article/36964

dff_punk
02-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Great, might go to some show of that tour, I am really interested how Zoli sounds with Pennywise.

Alex101
02-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Great, might go to some show of that tour, I am really interested how Zoli sounds with Pennywise.
Me too. I hope he's permanent, but I doubt he will.

nameless
02-09-2010, 06:48 PM
theres a few songs of them on youtube, they sound ok but it was a bit like when audoislave were doing rage against the machine covers, people knew and enjoyed the songs but they werent quite the same. jim really did help to shape their sound!

Ninty Man
02-09-2010, 10:38 PM
theres a few songs of them on youtube, they sound ok but it was a bit like when audoislave were doing rage against the machine covers, people knew and enjoyed the songs but they werent quite the same. jim really did help to shape their sound!

it was his style... it will never be the same again

Alex101
02-10-2010, 06:01 PM
it was his style... it will never be the same again
I couldn't agree more.

nameless
02-13-2010, 08:19 PM
he did leave and return once before although that was may years ago, but you never know, they havent been too quick finding a "permanent" replacement!

Stza
02-13-2010, 08:52 PM
he did leave and return once before although that was may years ago, but you never know, they havent been too quick finding a "permanent" replacement!

I don't like Pennywise.

nameless
02-16-2010, 03:38 PM
I don't like Pennywise.

then i guess you wont care they have officially announced that guy from ignite as their new singer!

Alex101
02-16-2010, 05:43 PM
then i guess you wont care they have officially announced that guy from ignite as their new singer!
Yup. Read that on Punknews.org (http://www.punknews.org/article/37089) earlier today.

nameless
02-17-2010, 08:18 PM
it seems people are more concerned about what will happen to ignite. ive always prefered pennywise but hopefully him joing wont mean the end of them!

Lord_Gabo
02-18-2010, 03:11 PM
it seems people are more concerned about what will happen to ignite. ive always prefered pennywise but hopefully him joing wont mean the end of them!

wow... good news!
i can't wait to ear something with a good sound quality

BuddyHolly
02-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Anybody who's wondering how Pennywise will sound with Zoli as their new singer check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHbp2A4AncM

And here you can't find an interview with Zoli about joining Pennywise:

http://lifeinabungalo.com/2010/02/18/zoli-teglas-a-pennywise-interview/

jacknife737
02-20-2010, 07:38 PM
He's a pretty good fit.

They're supposed to be working on a new album: I had completely written these guys off, but now i may actually check it out.

nameless
02-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Anybody who's wondering how Pennywise will sound with Zoli as their new singer check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHbp2A4AncM

And here you can't find an interview with Zoli about joining Pennywise:

http://lifeinabungalo.com/2010/02/18/zoli-teglas-a-pennywise-interview/

he sounds better in that video than the other ones id seen, nice interview as well!

ProdigalSon
03-01-2010, 07:28 PM
This might end up good for them if Zoli also adds some ideas. They where getting boringly unispired as TIME went on. Still kinda strange.

Ninty Man
03-02-2010, 06:33 PM
This might end up good for them if Zoli also adds some ideas. They where getting boringly unispired as TIME went on. Still kinda strange.

Wow... he sounds good... different but good... and less nasal that jim

Alex101
03-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Wow... he sounds good... different but good... and less nasal that jim
He does sound good, but in Pennywise, he's not as good as Jim in my opinion. I just wish Jim didn't have to leave.

Ninty Man
03-05-2010, 08:44 AM
He does sound good, but in Pennywise, he's not as good as Jim in my opinion. I just wish Jim didn't have to leave.

But Jim... well... he kinda lost his breathe in many songs. Ok, I liked him, let's give Zoly a chance

nameless
03-13-2010, 07:21 PM
i was looking back on some old videos with jim, i think the problem like most bands have will be playing the classics with a new singer, a lot of the stuff posted with the guy is pretty good though!

Szandi
03-20-2010, 08:45 AM
But Jim... well... he kinda lost his breathe in many songs. Ok, I liked him, let's give Zoly a chance

I don't think Zoli is better. This is not pennywise
This band name is pennywise with Zoli.:(

Free?
03-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Yeah, they've been around for ways too long to take it any other way.

Alex101
05-22-2010, 08:00 AM
I just laughed so hard when I saw this on Pennywise's Wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Pennywise_(band)&oldid=363424053):

Album #10 in the process of writing terrible music (2010)

When I saw that I was actually like "WTF? Terrible music?".

Ninty Man
05-22-2010, 03:37 PM
I don't think Zoli is better. This is not pennywise
This band name is pennywise with Zoli.:(

MMM.. give him a chance dude, let's hear a record, I personally liked zoli with pennywise

nameless
05-30-2010, 03:50 PM
i saw them a few weeks ago, the vocals didnt really cut through but then again it might have been to do with the venue. zoli put in a decent performance but it im just used to jims vocals! still, we will see how the new album sounds!

Outerspaceman21
05-30-2010, 09:36 PM
I think Zoli is alright. Sure, it's definitely not gonna be the same, but Pennywise has never been the band to roll over and say die when they lose a member.

0r4ng3
05-30-2010, 10:52 PM
I don't understand when people say Jim was such a better vocalist. I saw 'em live a couple of years ago. His vocals just weren't very good. At least, not as good as the albums. But, I dunno, maybe it was just a bad day for him or something. Regardless, I'm looking forward to whatever the band does next.

cool 2 hate 681
05-31-2010, 02:22 PM
I don't understand when people say Jim was such a better vocalist. I saw 'em live a couple of years ago. His vocals just weren't very good. At least, not as good as the albums. But, I dunno, maybe it was just a bad day for him or something

i didn't think his vocals were that good either when i saw them in 2008

nameless
05-31-2010, 05:29 PM
his vocals were quite distinct which helped shape the songs. after all these years its always gonna be difficult to replace someone and maybe people just miss him as its what they were used to!

Retard
05-31-2010, 05:59 PM
I was never that into them.... maybe Ill get into them now that theres a new singer i might actually be..... then again... prolly not.

nameless
06-01-2010, 03:35 PM
I was never that into them.... maybe Ill get into them now that theres a new singer i might actually be..... then again... prolly not.

i think the same formula will continue with them just with a different vocalist. if youve never been into i guess ou never will be unless they drastically change!

dff_punk
06-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Pennywise will never drastically change.

Retard
06-02-2010, 09:35 PM
yea... thats why i figured I still won't like them much.... its not like I hate them or anything they're good at what they do.... I jus think it's boring.

nameless
06-03-2010, 05:23 PM
to be fair, fletcher once said if they changed their sound people would complain saying they arent what they used to be and by keeping to the same formula, people say they need to mix things up. i like their no nonsense approach, its raw and has passion more then other bands which is why they have lasted so long!

jacknife737
06-06-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm actually fairly interested in hearing some new stuff by them, which is something that i haven't felt in a while about these guys, although i really did enjoy their last album.

nameless
06-12-2010, 08:20 PM
a lot of people seem to think the new album will be more old school stuff for some reason which would be nice but they did seem to take a different approach on their last record. it didnt seem as intense and was more melodic i thought. it will be interesting to see what the new guys brings though!

Retard
06-12-2010, 10:35 PM
they should do a power ballad... thatd be badass

Alex101
07-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Thank God, no new album without Jim.

http://dyingscene.com/news/rumor-new-pennywise-album-delayed

Outerspaceman21
07-15-2010, 12:15 AM

That doesn't mean anything. That just means it's delayed due to being committed to Warped Tour. It will more then likely still be Zoli on vocals.

He's not a bad choice for vocals in my opinion. Yeah, he's no Jim Lindberg, but it could be much worse. I'm actually looking forward to their new album to see how Zoli's vocal style works with Pennywise's sound. I think it will be awesome.

Omni
07-15-2010, 08:23 AM
I can't imagine a single Pennywise fan who thinks their sound would be drastically altered. I don't see it being altered at all. I checked out the two songs released from Black Pacific, too. I couldn't tell it apart from Pennywise.

So in other words, now two Pennywise records will be released soon.

Alex101
07-15-2010, 02:01 PM
That doesn't mean anything. That just means it's delayed due to being committed to Warped Tour. It will more then likely still be Zoli on vocals.

He's not a bad choice for vocals in my opinion. Yeah, he's no Jim Lindberg, but it could be much worse. I'm actually looking forward to their new album to see how Zoli's vocal style works with Pennywise's sound. I think it will be awesome.
Dude I was actually kidding about no Pennywise album without Jim.

Outerspaceman21
07-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Dude I was actually kidding about no Pennywise album without Jim.

Sorry, I have trouble detecting when you are being serious and when you are being sarcastic. All apologies

nameless
07-16-2010, 07:12 PM
they did admit it was a rumour. i didnt think they were doing that much of a strect with the warped tour this year so hopefully we wont ave to wait too long! unless the new guy has other commitments still!

cool 2 hate 681
07-16-2010, 07:26 PM

i don't understand how this will delay the album they are only playing 16 warped tour dates

Alex101
08-06-2010, 12:32 PM
i don't understand how this will delay the album they are only playing 16 warped tour dates
And they're also touring Canada next month with Authority Zero and Riverboat Gamblers. So, it's possible that the new album will still be delayed.

cool 2 hate 681
08-09-2010, 04:50 PM
from twitter.com/kroq

Pennywise members allegedly assault fellow Warped Tour band and trash their tour bus

http://kroq.radio.com/2010/08/09/pennywise-members-assault-alesena-thrash-tour-bus/
http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/exclusive_members_of_pennywise_assault_alesana_aft er_denver_warped_tou/

mynamewastaken
08-13-2010, 11:09 PM
arent they touring with LTJ or did i read that wrong...........?

nameless
08-14-2010, 09:20 PM
from twitter.com/kroq

Pennywise members allegedly assault fellow Warped Tour band and trash their tour bus

http://kroq.radio.com/2010/08/09/pennywise-members-assault-alesena-thrash-tour-bus/
http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/exclusive_members_of_pennywise_assault_alesana_aft er_denver_warped_tou/

sounds like it was a just a misunderstanding although it might be just getting played down. i heard they are banned from playing at reading and leeds now for a similar incident!

Outerspaceman21
08-14-2010, 11:40 PM
from twitter.com/kroq

We've all don't stupid shit when we are drunk.

ForkZ
08-15-2010, 12:52 PM
arent they touring with LTJ or did i read that wrong...........?

I saw that somewhere, too.

mynamewastaken
08-15-2010, 03:55 PM
I saw that somewhere, too.

thats's what i thought

Alex101
10-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Pennywise is now back in the studio working on their new album.

http://pennywisdom.com/
http://dyingscene.com/news/its-official-pennywise-is-back-in-the-studio/
http://www.riotfest.org/news/2011/oct/20/pennywise-are-studio-now/
http://www.punknews.org/article/44908