PDA

View Full Version : My New Tattoo. Skull or Angel ?

DMelges
08-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Hey guys. I am going to get my first tattoo. And of course it'll be something representing The Offspring. But I can't decide between the Skull (black and gray from Greatest Hits), and the Angel on RFRG.

The skull is classic. Totally represents the band.
The Angel has a real good meaning. Goodness trying to break free from evil. A trapped spirit breaking free. And also represents the band, i guess.

It's hard to decide because a tattoo will be there for the rest of your life.
Oh, and I plan on putting the tattoo on my right arm, on the shoulder. Not covering the whole arm or whole shoulder, just in the center of the shoulder.

So help me out ?
Thanks.

KHWHD
08-21-2009, 09:41 PM
The skull.

In my opinion - the skull represents The Offspring as a whole. The Angel represents an album.

SMASHedTHEignition
08-22-2009, 03:26 AM
The skull.

In my opinion - the skull represents The Offspring as a whole. The Angel represents an album.

yes, i agree

Krojd
08-22-2009, 04:06 AM
I voted for The Offspring sign from the Ignition...

wait, that's what i want for a tattoo!

randman21
08-22-2009, 04:10 AM
The angel. To me, that angel was just made to be tatted.

m.offspring.r
08-22-2009, 04:35 AM
skull

mrs_hollandova
08-22-2009, 06:15 AM
no tattoo...... I don't like it :rolleyes:

SelfEsteem94
08-22-2009, 07:45 AM
i agree with Shank.
show your love for all of The Offspring's work,
get the skull.

Gustavo
08-22-2009, 08:15 AM
The skull.
Although if I were to get an Offspring tattoo, it wouldn't be neither the skull nor the angel. Probably something from a booklet or a not-so-popular artwork. Maybe the "Shit Is Fucked Up tour" design, the one that is alaso on Half-Truism's booklet page. Or maybe the A Lot Like Me guy.

come out swinging
08-22-2009, 08:19 AM
CO1 skull.

dexter12296566
08-22-2009, 08:40 AM
Get both. Get one on each arm!

Into The Night
08-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Yeah, the Skull is a better symbol of the Offspring.
I prefer the Angel though, just because I like them better as tats.

Blitz!
08-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Angel :cool:

I like the skull but it isn't really original because it is everywhere, so it won't be unique.

Little_Miss_1565
08-22-2009, 11:16 AM
As much as I <3 the band, I'd recommend against getting tattoos relating to any band. There's just too many variables. I've been into them for 12 years and my right shoulder and arm to my elbow are covered in tattoos, but I wouldn't ever get an Offspring-related tattoo. Kind of like not getting your husband/wife's name tattooed on you. As much as you love them, you never know what the future might hold. Ugh, this sounds a lot more Debbie Downer than I intended. I'm sorry. I'm just sayin', do what you feel is right but I don't like the idea of band related tattoos.

lucys_bad_habit
08-22-2009, 11:42 AM
As much as I <3 the band, I'd recommend against getting tattoos relating to any band. There's just too many variables. I've been into them for 12 years and my right shoulder and arm to my elbow are covered in tattoos, but I wouldn't ever get an Offspring-related tattoo. Kind of like not getting your husband/wife's name tattooed on you. As much as you love them, you never know what the future might hold. Ugh, this sounds a lot more Debbie Downer than I intended. I'm sorry. I'm just sayin', do what you feel is right but I don't like the idea of band related tattoos.

i absolutely agree

kaylae
08-22-2009, 12:27 PM

Hiya,
I had the offspring skull from con of one tattooed about 6 years ago and last year I had the RAFRAG girl tattooed. I've been an offspring fan for 15 years and will never regret getting them done. even when I'm an old granny so I say go for it!!
p.s if you want to see my tattoos go on my profile and have a look at them
xx

Stylie
08-22-2009, 01:02 PM

I absolutely understand what you mean, and I particularly agree, but not fully.

You know, I'm a Leeds United fan and will always be that. I got that from my dad who's also a Leeds fan, and that's just something you don't change. That club gonna stay with us forever, no matter what. ;D Example, they were in Champions League 01/02 I think it was, but got money problems after a stupid chairman-what ever, and they've relegated to the third level in English footbal (League One, as it's called). Anyways, we're still such big fans as we were back then, and are not "ashamed" of beeing Leeds fans. Shit happens to all, also football clubs. (btw, they're on their way back now, 5 matches played, all won) ;)

And there's somewhat the same with a band, if you find the right one for you. My brother found out Metallica like 10 years ago, and that's still his favourite band (he's also gonna get a tattoo of that soon). I've not been fan of The Offspring for so long time unfotunately, but I know that's a band I'm gonna stay with no matter what. That IS my favourite band, and no one can change that.

When I get a little older, it's 100% sure I'm gonna get a Leeds tatto, and 99% I'm gonna get a Offspring tattoo. And if so I find another favourite band in 25 years from now on, I'm always gonna look back at that good long time I had Offspring as my favourite band. It's not just a band you know, it's something special. That's the band who got me into guitar playing, and rock music generally. ;p

DMelges
08-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Hiya,
I had the offspring skull from con of one tattooed about 6 years ago and last year I had the RAFRAG girl tattooed. I've been an offspring fan for 15 years and will never regret getting them done. even when I'm an old granny so I say go for it!!
p.s if you want to see my tattoos go on my profile and have a look at them
xx

Wow, you're angel was very well done. That's actually the first tattoo of RFRG I've ever seen.

As much as I <3 the band, I'd recommend against getting tattoos relating to any band. There's just too many variables. I've been into them for 12 years and my right shoulder and arm to my elbow are covered in tattoos, but I wouldn't ever get an Offspring-related tattoo. Kind of like not getting your husband/wife's name tattooed on you. As much as you love them, you never know what the future might hold. Ugh, this sounds a lot more Debbie Downer than I intended. I'm sorry. I'm just sayin', do what you feel is right but I don't like the idea of band related tattoos

I agree and disagree, just as Stylie. I have been an Offspring fan for around 9 years, and they changed my life. I definetly wouldn't be the same today if I hadn't become a fan. And I will remember this for the rest of my life. A tattoo is a complicated thing to decide on when you're not drunk. It'll last forever. But to me this isnt the same as inking a girlfriend's name or something, it's the band that is now in my blood. The meanings of their songs will always be the same, no matter what happens to the band themselves in the future.

Most people here have been voting on the Skull. And for years and years I have wanted to do exactly that, because it is the classic offspring symbol. But as one person sayed on this thread, it's everywhere. It wouldn't be unique, because everyone has it. I really like the meaning of the angel, and I think the chains holding her around my arm would be a very nice touch. But, I'll only do this tattoo probably next week, and I'm still deciding. I apprecciate everyone's help =]

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
08-22-2009, 02:29 PM
i have pay the man on my entire back

Szandi
08-22-2009, 04:34 PM
The skull will be on your upper arm.
The Angel will be on your other bodypart... that would be very sexy...hehe :D

Skinny
08-22-2009, 05:02 PM
If I were to get an Offspring tat, it'd be No Brakes on my forearm.

Smash punker
08-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Man the legendary Smash punker sais skull :D But Ive got my own ideas :D;)

Oxygene
08-23-2009, 03:52 PM

It's tattood in my brain anyway.. now I need to lose the weight to finally go through with it :)

Oh and CO1 skull DUHHH

Dance_fucker_dance
08-24-2009, 12:45 PM
The "Conspiracy of one" skull is perfect. Maybe around the skull you can put "The Offspring" (Obviously)