PDA

View Full Version : fuck the man

undermine
08-22-2009, 02:15 AM
I am posting here to disperse a vital message. This is not my account and it is not my email address.

I know of a man whom downloads every song the offspring have ever composed. With one click. Yet "I" happen to love the offspring so much that I would gladly send 20-40 dollars to "them" directly from my account. Unfortunately, they are bound by their record company oppressors to recieve only 1 dollar for every disc sold.

I request that they, and many other awesome bands, break free of this pointless tyranny. Set up a paypal or google account, etc, to allow direct transfer of funds to the band itself and not the greedy corporate whores who prey upon bands...

Dave True Hawk

randman21
08-22-2009, 02:36 AM
How much do you know about the music business? I don't know much myself, so someone tell me if I'm wrong.

Bands with money like our Offspring might be able to pull of something like that, if they went into their personal purses to fund their stuff. But smaller bands wouldn't stand a chance if they want to have any kind of widespread exposure. Stuff like recording, promotion, and touring require a lot of money, and that comes from the companies.

nightvision
08-22-2009, 02:38 AM
Send the money to me and I'll give it to 'em.

holland25
08-22-2009, 03:06 AM
Haha, Yearbook yourself photo? :D

nightvision
08-22-2009, 03:28 AM
Haha, oh yeaah :)

Rooster
08-22-2009, 03:59 AM
I am posting here to disperse a vital message. This is not my account and it is not my email address.

I know of a man whom downloads every song the offspring have ever composed. With one click. Yet "I" happen to love the offspring so much that I would gladly send 20-40 dollars to "them" directly from my account. Unfortunately, they are bound by their record company oppressors to recieve only 1 dollar for every disc sold.

I request that they, and many other awesome bands, break free of this pointless tyranny. Set up a paypal or google account, etc, to allow direct transfer of funds to the band itself and not the greedy corporate whores who prey upon bands...

Dave True Hawk

Something just doesn't feel right here...

Wait... Lars Ulrich, is that you?

Krojd
08-22-2009, 04:03 AM
Something just doesn't feel right here...

Wait... Lars Ulrich, is that you?

That was PERFECT :D

dexter12296566
08-22-2009, 08:49 AM

Dave True Hawk

Don't take their album sales money!

Little_Miss_1565
08-22-2009, 11:23 AM
How much do you know about the music business? I don't know much myself, so someone tell me if I'm wrong.

Bands with money like our Offspring might be able to pull of something like that, if they went into their personal purses to fund their stuff. But smaller bands wouldn't stand a chance if they want to have any kind of widespread exposure. Stuff like recording, promotion, and touring require a lot of money, and that comes from the companies.

This. It's so fashionable to hate the labels, and some labels do really awful things to bands. But a whole lot of that money goes back to the bands through tour support. When you're an international superstar, major label money really helps with making all that happen. If you're just starting out, it doesn't always make sense to go that route. And with Dexter having the experience of running a label already, if the opportunity arose for the band to do things on their own, they'd have to choose between the major label and going it on their own. And what if they chose the major label? The important thing is that they do what they feel is best for them.

PedroACastro
08-22-2009, 11:29 AM
doesn't dexter support downloading songs from the internet anyway?

Little_Miss_1565
08-22-2009, 11:32 AM
doesn't dexter support downloading songs from the internet anyway?

Read more recent interviews.

PedroACastro
08-22-2009, 11:42 AM
ok i'll try to remember that

SeeYouAgain
08-23-2009, 01:41 AM
^ Like Napster! *sighs*