PDA

View Full Version : Manchester and London media thread

KyleW
08-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Do correct me if I'm wrong on this but I couldn't find a thread.

Anyway, the London gig is later today and the Manchester gig is tomorrow so yeah, take some sweet pics guys :D

Zee
08-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Hello... I'm in a hotel right now, some time after the show logged in from my mobile phone. I've been in Europe now for a week and got to see shows, this one was fucking awesome, I gave everything out of myself. They played Million Miles Away by the way... and Half-Truism. Great show.

MAXTER
08-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Hello... I'm in a hotel right now, some time after the show logged in from my mobile phone. I've been in Europe now for a week and got to see shows, this one was fucking awesome, I gave everything out of myself. They played Million Miles Away by the way... and Half-Truism. Great show.

Did you remember setlist???
Million Miles Away???? Awesome....

martin_theoffspring
08-25-2009, 07:36 PM
always play million miles away in england
mota in Brazil ...
"old shit" in canada...
something new or rare in Japan and Australia.

Dexter_italy
08-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Fucking cool show tonight!!! million miles away was a good surprise. Dexter and the band were in good shape, awsome performance. I'm at the airport now with 1h of sleep, this evening I'm gonna post some pics!!

KHWHD
08-25-2009, 09:53 PM
MMA.. that's pretty damn sweet! I can't wait to see pics., videos and a setlist!! :D :cool:

-L-
08-26-2009, 12:28 AM
Ohh My GOD!!! Million miles away? :O My fuckin' favourite song all over!! Please please please play it in Wiesen or Zagreb!!!!!!! I'm happy you guys had a good show! :)

m.offspring.r
08-26-2009, 12:31 AM
:eek: Million Miles Away... ddaammmnn great setlist...

dexterone
08-26-2009, 12:33 AM
:eek: Million Miles Away... ddaammmnn great setlist...
do you know the setlist ? :D because I only know,they played MMA and Half-Truism

m.offspring.r
08-26-2009, 12:44 AM
If have the MMA must have been a good setlist :D :D

Oxygene
08-26-2009, 12:49 AM
HAHA I was talking with Noodles at Highfield about the whole texting and playing a rare song a night thing and we kinda discussed how it would be impossible to do that texting shit with all the different operators and what have you in different countries.. I asked him if they knew how to play lightning rod for real, he said they sound checked it for the tour.. and that they might sound check it for London. We were talking about these songs he calls "deep cuts" and I told him they should play something preferably Lightning Rod in London and Zagreb....

and now MMA. It is so awesome that the band listens to feedback to some extent... I wonder if it'll come through in Zagreb :)

So this was a big fuck you to all those whiney bitches.. rock on! =)

Joyce
08-26-2009, 01:31 AM
oh wooow, they played MMA... That's awesome!!:eek:
what was the whole setlist?:p

Jesus
08-26-2009, 01:44 AM
HAHA I was talking with Noodles at Highfield about the whole texting and playing a rare song a night thing and we kinda discussed how it would be impossible to do that texting shit with all the different operators and what have you in different countries..
Not completely impossible, since the EU put a maximum on the price of cross border EU calls and text messages (13 eurocent for an sms). Heck it's even cheaper for me to send an sms to another EU country than it is to send one in my own country (so I sometimes just switch to a foreign operator, since I live at the border, to fake that I'm abroad).

I asked him if they knew how to play lightning rod for real, he said they sound checked it for the tour.. and that they might sound check it for London. We were talking about these songs he calls "deep cuts" and I told him they should play something preferably Lightning Rod in London and Zagreb....

and now MMA. It is so awesome that the band listens to feedback to some extent... I wonder if it'll come through in Zagreb :)

So this was a big fuck you to all those whiney bitches.. rock on! =)

haha I wonder if they still know how to play the blurb, that would give a nice WTF moment at a concert and most people would think they are starting Change the world.

LuisAh
08-26-2009, 01:51 AM
The setlist for london was..

Shit Is Fucked Up
Bad Habit
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
Come Out and Play
A Million Miles Away
Have You Ever
Staring At The Sun
Gone AwayOn Piano
Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?
INTERMISSION
Americana
Hit That
Half-Truism
Why Don't You Get A Job?
All I Want
Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
(Can't Get My) Head Around You
The Kids Aren't Alright

Encore:
Hammerhead
Want You Bad
Self Esteem

Marco 1501
08-26-2009, 02:39 AM
WOW!!!!!! FANTASIC AWESOME WHOOOOOOO

A Million Miles Away I Love this Song

Great Setlist

Hey Womans and Boys please post Photos and Videos.

Thank you

Dexter_italy
08-26-2009, 04:17 AM
Ok here I am, I'll tell you my fantastic experience.
I woke up at 6:00 am, drove for 2 hours to the airport and then flew to london. Once there I got at the academy at 12:30. There I met some good guys (Hi chris if you read this!) and waited all day in the back of the academy. There I talked with some members of the crew, they told me that there was a meet&greet somewhere, it surely was from some radio stations :mad: One of them is italian like me so we got on well immediately, in the end I got 4 guitar picks. One because I told them that the police was giving them a fine for their bus in a no parking zone eheh (pics later). We didn't chatch Noodles and Greg for the blink of an eye, they arrived in a silver car jumped down while we were in another door near that. Then we stayied there and waited for Dexter, but he only arrived 10 minutes before the show. So I met Lord_Gabo and Kylae (mispelled?) and her boyfriend, we had a beer and enjoyed the opening bands. Me, Gabo and another friend went ahead in the first rows and show proudly the flag of our Island which I threw to Noodles at the beginning of SIMU with the cd of my band in it, but I don't think he took it. The show was fucking energic! they really enjoyed the show and playing, Dexter was laughing a lot and it was funny when Noodles and the other guitarsit (lack of memory) maked fun of Greg doing his dance, and obviously he didn't noticed that! Million miles away was a surprise and a really good one. Dexter sang all the songs prefectly, just fucked up the second verse of mma but as he said it was a long time they hadn't played it.
The sound was excellent, Pete was HUGE! after the show we got back again, Dexter appeared for one second but didn't say nothing, then the bus took Pete, Noodles and Greg. I was the only one who noticed Pete jumping on and I called him "hey Pete" but he didn't stop and while he was stepping up i told him "nice drumming tonight" " and he looked at me and said thanks :D then Greg came with a glass on his hand, i think it was wine, I said Hi Greg but he goy straight up on the bus (for real I was a bit confused because they were all there and didn't really know what to say to stop them), then Noodles arrived, and I called him too and he said "sorry sorry" but I told him that I just wanted to give him the flag of my country and he thanked me and took it, I am really happy for this. And in conclusion someone from the crew gave me a bottle of Gring Bandito, the funny thing is that they weren't selling it and even run out of it for themselves, so when another crew guy saw it, asked me how did I get it, that they ran out of it and they were all like gringobanditoholic now. He even asked me to sell it ahaahuahuah. Unfortunately I couldn't keep it for long because the bottle is 150cc and you can only take bottles of 100 on the plane, so I just tasted it with my last hamburger, and then they threw it in the dump :mad:
Oh Dexter fucked us all, from what I undestood in the end he got away from the main door because nobody was there, and we were in the back...:D
What a fucking day guys!!

Oxygene
08-26-2009, 04:31 AM
Ok here I am, I'll tell you my fantastic experience.
I woke up at 6:00 am, drove for 2 hours to the airport and then flew to london. Once there I got at the academy at 12:30. There I met some good guys (Hi chris if you read this!) and waited all day in the back of the academy. There I talked with some members of the crew, they told me that there was a meet&greet somewhere, it surely was from some radio stations :mad: One of them is italian like me so we got on well immediately, in the end I got 4 guitar picks. One because I told them that the police was giving them a fine for their bus in a no parking zone eheh (pics later). We didn't chatch Noodles and Greg for the blink of an eye, they arrived in a silver car jumped down while we were in another door near that. Then we stayied there and waited for Dexter, but he only arrived 10 minutes before the show. So I met Lord_Gabo and Kylae (mispelled?) and her boyfriend, we had a beer and enjoyed the opening bands. Me, Gabo and another friend went ahead in the first rows and show proudly the flag of our Island which I threw to Noodles at the beginning of SIMU with the cd of my band in it, but I don't think he took it. The show was fucking energic! they really enjoyed the show and playing, Dexter was laughing a lot and it was funny when Noodles and the other guitarsit (lack of memory) maked fun of Greg doing his dance, and obviously he didn't noticed that! Million miles away was a surprise and a really good one. Dexter sang all the songs prefectly, just fucked up the second verse of mma but as he said it was a long time they hadn't played it.
The sound was excellent, Pete was HUGE! after the show we got back again, Dexter appeared for one second but didn't say nothing, then the bus took Pete, Noodles and Greg. I was the only one who noticed Pete jumping on and I called him "hey Pete" but he didn't stop and while he was stepping up i told him "nice drumming tonight" " and he looked at me and said thanks :D then Greg came with a glass on his hand, i think it was wine, I said Hi Greg but he goy straight up on the bus (for real I was a bit confused because they were all there and didn't really know what to say to stop them), then Noodles arrived, and I called him too and he said "sorry sorry" but I told him that I just wanted to give him the flag of my country and he thanked me and took it, I am really happy for this. And in conclusion someone from the crew gave me a bottle of Gring Bandito, the funny thing is that they weren't selling it and even run out of it for themselves, so when another crew guy saw it, asked me how did I get it, that they ran out of it and they were all like gringobanditoholic now. He even asked me to sell it ahaahuahuah. Unfortunately I couldn't keep it for long because the bottle is 150cc and you can only take bottles of 100 on the plane, so I just tasted it with my last hamburger, and then they threw it in the dump :mad:
Oh Dexter fucked us all, from what I undestood in the end he got away from the main door because nobody was there, and we were in the back...:D
What a fucking day guys!!

Great review.. I'm glad you had an awesome time!

As for the gringo bandito: ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE? YOU COULD'VE CHECKED YOUR LUGGAGE IN!@#!@#!@#@!#! The same shit happened to me, Dexter sent two bottles to my gf on Saturday and I checked it in!!!! OH MY GOD!!!

Jesus
08-26-2009, 04:34 AM

As for the gringo bandito: ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE? YOU COULD'VE CHECKED YOUR LUGGAGE IN!@#!@#!@#@!#! The same shit happened to me, Dexter sent two bottles to my gf on Saturday and I checked it in!!!! OH MY GOD!!!

He probably flew with ryanair or another low cost carrier without check-in luggage. And didn't have enough money for the insane surcharges they tend to have if you show up with luggage all of a sudden.

Or he forgot.

Dexter_italy
08-26-2009, 04:35 AM

Hi had only the hand baggage and no money to put it down in the plane :( or no time to send it via post because my plane was at 6:00

Oxygene
08-26-2009, 04:37 AM
Hi had only the hand baggage and no money to put it down in the plane :( or no time to send it via post because my plane was at 6:00

I was lowfare too although it actually went into my friends suitcase... anyway ARRRG :)

Dexter_italy
08-26-2009, 04:40 AM
I was lowfare too although it actually went into my friends suitcase... anyway ARRRG :)

Yes, the best part was the face of the guy when he saw it! I told him that I would have given it if he had made me meet the band :D

Jesus
08-26-2009, 04:47 AM
You should have used standard. Just put it in a big envelope and a couple stamps. By the time it arrives, it's probably past the expiry date though! ;).

Dexter_italy
08-26-2009, 04:49 AM
You should have used standard. Just put it in a big envelope and a couple stamps. By the time it arrives, it's probably past the expiry date though! ;).

I didn't have the time! How could I send something between 2:00 am and 5:00 am? :) If it is possible I'll be angry!!!

MAXTER
08-26-2009, 04:56 AM
videos , pics...????

LuisAh
08-26-2009, 04:57 AM
Phil!
We all wondered where you went!
:O whic guitar picks did you get?

Dexter_italy
08-26-2009, 05:01 AM
Phil!
We all wondered where you went!
:O whic guitar picks did you get?

1st my name is Federico ahahah but phil it's ok :D I got 2 greg's one with the sull and hammerhead logo, and one of X-13 :D did you enjoy the show?

Lord_Gabo
08-26-2009, 05:02 AM
Awesome Day:
Like Dexter Italy, me and my friend Claudio after an a very alcoholic night (we come back to home at 4.am and wake up at 7) have departed from olbia to London Gatwick around at 9 am. Around 13.00 (sorry for the times but there are approximately) we met the FABOULOUS GREAT COUPLE OF THE YEAR! --> Kaylae and Darren at Victoria Station. They'll help us for all our day in London (Thank so much you another time!!)! After a Tour of 4/5 Pubs and a tour in Camden Town at 7 wer're in front of the Brixton Academy ! (Beatiful seen The Offspring Sold OUT up the Entrance) . Then we met Dexter Italy , i give to him the Flag of Sardinia ..after we go inside...

..and is History

After the concert we'll arrive to Gatwick around 1 am.. we are arrived in Sardinia at 9.30...

I'm so destroyed but so Happy to have seen the Band and know beautiful People!

Thank you EnglanD!

Sardinia FLAG:
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:QgcblJLDK-nhuM:http://www.templaricavalieri.it/images/sardegna_bandiera_01.gif

Dexter_italy
08-26-2009, 05:07 AM
Awesome Day:
Like Dexter Italy, me and my friend Claudio after an a very alcoholic night (we come back to home at 4.am and wake up at 7) have departed from olbia to London Gatwick around at 9 am. Around 13.00 (sorry for the times but there are approximately) we met the FABOULOUS GREAT COUPLE OF THE YEAR! --> Kaylae and Darren at Victoria Station. They'll help us for all our day in London (Thank so much you another time!!)! After a Tour of 4/5 Pubs and a tour in Camden Town at 7 wer're in front of the Brixton Academy ! (Beatiful seen The Offspring Sold OUT up the Entrance) . Then we met Dexter Italy , i give to him the Flag of Sardinia ..after we go inside...

..and is History

After the concert we'll arrive to Gatwick around 1 am.. we are arrived in Sardinia at 9.30...

I'm so destroyed but so Happy to have seen the Band and know beautiful People!

Thank you EnglanD!

Sardinia FLAG:
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:QgcblJLDK-nhuM:http://www.templaricavalieri.it/images/sardegna_bandiera_01.gif

Oh alla fine ho preso 1 altro plettro!! hai fatto male ad andare via :D ho dato la bandiera a noodles in mano, fantastico!!

MAXTER
08-26-2009, 05:10 AM
Oh alla fine ho preso 1 altro plettro!! hai fatto male ad andare via :D ho dato la bandiera a noodles in mano, fantastico!!

Beato te!!! ;)

MAXTER
08-26-2009, 05:13 AM
how was the Broadway Calls band???

LuisAh
08-26-2009, 05:13 AM
1st my name is Federico ahahah but phil it's ok :D I got 2 greg's one with the sull and hammerhead logo, and one of X-13 :D did you enjoy the show?

Awesome! Oh sorry Federico.. :)
It was so worth the 6 hour wait!
We got into an amazing spot right at the front and it was just insane :D

batfish
08-26-2009, 05:15 AM
Then we stayied there and waited for Dexter, but he only arrived 10 minutes before the show.

[...] and it was funny when Noodles and the other guitarsit (lack of memory) maked fun of Greg doing his dance, and obviously he didn't noticed that!

He arrived 10mins before?? So if I'd hung on like 15 more minutes I would have seen him too :-/ argh. (I'm kate - the girl with red hair and a green check shirt by the way)
Though i guess that means the people for the official meet & greet didn't get to meet him either, makes me feel a bit better lol.

Ooh I didn't see Noodles make fun of Greg, what did they do??

Glad you got some Gringo Bandito in the end ;)

I got near the front too, so I have a few photos and 3 videos, but none of the videos are very long because I was scared of dropping my camera - like i got the best bit of Bad Habit but had to put my camera away as soon as everyone shouted "MOTHERFUCKER!" in case i got pushed over haha.

It was one of the best gigs I've ever been to, wish I was seeing them in Manchester tonight!

Dexter_italy
08-26-2009, 05:15 AM
Awesome! Oh sorry Federico.. :)
It was so worth the 6 hour wait!
We got into an amazing spot right at the front and it was just insane :D

We were right in front of Noodles :D, awesome, an amazing sound!

Dexter_italy
08-26-2009, 05:26 AM
He arrived 10mins before?? So if I'd hung on like 15 more minutes I would have seen him too :-/ argh. (I'm kate - the girl with red hair and a green check shirt by the way)
Though i guess that means the people for the official meet & greet didn't get to meet him either, makes me feel a bit better lol.

Ooh I didn't see Noodles make fun of Greg, what did they do??

Glad you got some Gringo Bandito in the end ;)

I got near the front too, so I have a few photos and 3 videos, but none of the videos are very long because I was scared of dropping my camera - like i got the best bit of Bad Habit but had to put my camera away as soon as everyone shouted "MOTHERFUCKER!" in case i got pushed over haha.

It was one of the best gigs I've ever been to, wish I was seeing them in Manchester tonight!

Oh Hi :D I lost you once I turned the corner ahahah :D I don't know in the end what happened for the meet&greet and if it has happened... I'm happy that I saw them 10cm from me :)

Lord_Gabo
08-26-2009, 05:50 AM

stavo morendo e tuttora sono a pezzi... spero in milano ..

niente autografi? niente doppioni?

Dexter_italy
08-26-2009, 05:55 AM
stavo morendo e tuttora sono a pezzi... spero in milano ..

niente autografi? niente doppioni?

Il plettro si doppione, autografi nulla, erano di fretta, non ci hanno cagato praticamente ed eravamo 4 gatti. Io sono riuscito a dare a Noodles la nostra mitica bandiera però :)

Dexter_italy
08-26-2009, 05:57 AM
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z113/Defx84/DSCN3071.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z113/Defx84/DSCN3077.jpg
Me and the Italian crew member :D Great man!

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z113/Defx84/DSCN3079.jpg
initial queue

Dexter_italy
08-26-2009, 05:59 AM
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z113/Defx84/DSCN3085.jpg
Lord_Gabo and his friend

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z113/Defx84/DSCN3086.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z113/Defx84/DSCN3108.jpg

Dexter_italy
08-26-2009, 06:04 AM
I forgot one thing.
When my plane left Stansted I was falling asleep, then it "shaked" a little, I opened my eyes looked on the ground and there was Dexter's plane with the anarchy logo!! :D

Dexter_italy
08-26-2009, 06:06 AM
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z113/Defx84/DSCN3112.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z113/Defx84/DSCN3113.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z113/Defx84/DSCN3115.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z113/Defx84/DSCN3116.jpg

Dexter_italy
08-26-2009, 06:07 AM
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z113/Defx84/DSCN3117.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z113/Defx84/DSCN3126.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z113/Defx84/DSCN3078.jpg
Cop giving a fine to the buses :D

KHWHD
08-26-2009, 06:41 AM
Great pics., glad you all had a great time and thanks for sharing!!

dexterone
08-26-2009, 07:06 AM
Did Dexter play also the guitar in Million Miles away or did he only sing ?

defyuk
08-26-2009, 07:38 AM
amazing show, i think its the 4th time i have seen them and i think the best. so much energy and playing million miles away was the highlight for me. i spotted the sardinia flag near the front too! got home about 3 this morning, definitely worth it though! i hope they meant it when they said onstage that it has been too long since they played here!

MAXTER
08-26-2009, 07:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyHWtQfUF6g&feature=related

Dexter_italy
08-26-2009, 07:50 AM
Did Dexter play also the guitar in Million Miles away or did he only sing ?

He played, it's a song that really needs 3 guitars, sounded so good!!

Oxygene
08-26-2009, 09:04 AM
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z113/Defx84/DSCN3077.jpg
Me and the Italian crew member :D Great man!

His name is Antonio and he is awesome :)

Dexter_italy
08-26-2009, 09:06 AM
His name is Antonio and he is awesome :)

Thanks Oxy, I forgot it. He's such a cool guy!! :D I gave him my band's t-shirt as present because he's been to nice to me!

Oxygene
08-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Thanks Oxy, I forgot it. He's such a cool guy!! :D I gave him my band's t-shirt as present because he's been to nice to me!

Cool.. he does merch :)

Dexter_italy
08-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Cool.. he does merch :)

Yes, he was counting all the t-shirts :D btw we did a good thinkg buying the t-shirts in london, 20£ is a bit less then 30€ :cool:

Dexter_italy
08-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Piece of YGGFK with me, Gabo and our flags :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0SHmWOC3rM

Gustavo
08-26-2009, 09:57 AM
They played Million Miles Away? That's just awesome. :)
Glad you guys had a good time.

I asked him if they knew how to play lightning rod for real, he said they sound checked it for the tour.. and that they might sound check it for London. We were talking about these songs he calls "deep cuts" and I told him they should play something preferably Lightning Rod in London and Zagreb....

And it'd be pretty awesome, too, if they played Lightning Rod.

jacknife737
08-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Haha, looks like a great show; awesome pictures guys!

Lord_Gabo
08-26-2009, 11:48 AM
Piece of YGGFK with me, Gabo and our flags :D

also a very good quality!!! :D

Dexter_italy
08-26-2009, 12:03 PM
also a very good quality!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QrOy0myfxU

and here's a piece of want you bad :D

cool 2 hate 681
08-26-2009, 03:00 PM
glad that they played million miles away also thank you Dexter_italy for the pics videos and cool stories:)

Tijs
08-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Hahaha Dexter_Italy. That was YOU who got the bottle after the show? Why didn't you say hello to us, I wasn't that unrecognisable :p

We saw him giving you the bottle, and I even said something like "You lucky bastard" when you walked by and you responded :o

potomek's going insane now because you threw the bottle away. :p

RobinoZombie
08-26-2009, 03:48 PM
I got 2 greg's one with the sull and hammerhead logo, and one of X-13 :D

So that is higgins then ;) hahaha

He just changed abit since 05.

cool 2 hate 681
08-26-2009, 04:10 PM
a short reveiw

http://www.spoonfed.co.uk/spooners/rikfish-5803/the-offspring-at-02-academy-brixton-1370/

Dexter_italy
08-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Hahaha Dexter_Italy. That was YOU who got the bottle after the show? Why didn't you say hello to us, I wasn't that unrecognisable :p

We saw him giving you the bottle, and I even said something like "You lucky bastard" when you walked by and you responded :o

potomek's going insane now because you threw the bottle away.

Damn! I didn't know it was you :D I recognised yuor faces in some ways because they looked familiar :D

Tijs
08-27-2009, 04:27 AM
The brain shirt didn't give it away? ;)

From the looks of the pictures you also weren't standing that far from us during the concert, we were a bit more to the right.

Skulldexter11
08-27-2009, 04:59 AM
Amazing shows! :D. I saw you guys with the flag @ brixton, but I thought the manchester gig was better. I got myself a rival schools drum stick aswell at the manchester gig so I guess that was really cool.

Skulldexter11
08-27-2009, 05:01 AM
Amazing shows! :D. I saw you guys with the flag @ brixton, but I thought the manchester gig was better. I got myself a rival schools drum stick aswell at the manchester gig so I guess that was really cool.

and

OMG I WAS STANDING NEXT TO YOU! :D

Dexter_italy
08-27-2009, 05:33 AM
and

OMG I WAS STANDING NEXT TO YOU! :D

:D who are you in the video? Did they play different songs in manchester?
Damn, I didn't notice the t-shirt tijs. :rolleyes: I was only thinkin how to meet them eheh

Skulldexter11
08-27-2009, 05:54 AM
:D who are you in the video? Did they play different songs in manchester?
Damn, I didn't notice the t-shirt tijs. :rolleyes: I was only thinkin how to meet them eheh

Im next to the guy in the white to the right of you guys. Coz I moved when gone away came on coz I was F-ed

Dexter_italy
08-27-2009, 06:08 AM
Im next to the guy in the white to the right of you guys. Coz I moved when gone away came on coz I was F-ed

:D nice, I'm watching the videos on youtube but I can't see our flags :D I hope that girl who was on top recording will share !!

dexterone
08-27-2009, 07:42 AM
what was the setlist ? did they also play Million Miles Away in Manchester ??

Skulldexter11
08-27-2009, 07:55 AM
Yes they did :D

The Search Button
08-27-2009, 08:19 AM
Million Miles Away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzVW-6ZiKRs

Lord_Gabo
08-27-2009, 08:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eidukD2EMQw&feature=channel

sifu with sardinia flags!! :D GREAT!

SonjaSoCal
08-27-2009, 08:45 AM
Oh, I came here to post links to my videos but I see you guys have found them already. lol

Lord_Gabo
08-27-2009, 08:50 AM
someone have an audio bootleg of brixton show?!

Lord_Gabo
08-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Oh, I came here to post links to my videos but I see you guys have found them already. lol

we're so faaaaaaaaast when you talking about offspring :D

SonjaSoCal
08-27-2009, 08:56 AM
we're so faaaaaaaaast when you talking about offspring :D

Apparently so.

I see you were in Imola at 2001 too. :cool:

Dexter_italy
08-27-2009, 11:02 AM
SIMU video is fantastic!!! could you send it to me in original quality?? It's so cool to see our flags there!!

SonjaSoCal
08-27-2009, 11:07 AM
And how do I do that?

Dexter_italy
08-27-2009, 11:10 AM
And how do I do that?

You could upload it somewhere like sendspace or megaupload, or via msn :D

the_real_potomek
08-27-2009, 11:12 AM
just wanted to say that the show was awesome:D

Dexter_italy
08-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Oh and at the beginning you can see something flying near noodles, that's me throwing a flag with my band's t-shirt and cd :D

SonjaSoCal
08-27-2009, 11:20 AM
You could upload it somewhere like sendspace or megaupload, or via msn :D

Ok. I don't see why not. I'll look into it later today when I have more time.

Dexter_italy
08-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Ok. I don't see why not. I'll look into it later today when I have more time.

Thank you very much!! really your vids are awsome!!! I'd write a page of thanks!!

spu98ajc
08-27-2009, 11:43 AM
someone have an audio bootleg of brixton show?!

As a part-time taper, I am almost certain that I saw someone with a recording rig in Brixton on Tuesday night. Almost positive. Either that or an elaborate pair of earplugs on wires - But I am sure he was taping it.

Please Please If you are out there - share it please.

chriiis
08-27-2009, 12:39 PM
And how do I do that?

Hey, could you upload the original videos on megaupload or sendspace?
how many songs you recorded?

i think i will have the audio recording of the brixton show guys (:

~|Vredina|~
08-27-2009, 01:31 PM
http://i062.radikal.ru/0908/e3/013ed0cf0c3d.jpg

http://s46.radikal.ru/i112/0908/a2/9b759f43f9e8.jpg

http://s61.radikal.ru/i171/0908/c6/e05ec12efc67.jpg

http://s42.radikal.ru/i096/0908/4e/f258c06aaf3b.jpg

Bejka
08-27-2009, 01:38 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL the third pic..... Dexter........ LOL

SonjaSoCal
08-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Hey, could you upload the original videos on megaupload or sendspace?
how many songs you recorded?

I have 5 full songs, SIFU, Bad Habit, Million Miles Away, Gone Away piano and Americana. Then I have Kristy on 2 parts because had to change memory cards in the middle of it. Rest is only parts of songs. I'm uploading these I just mentioned on megaupload. They're just uploading but it will take some time. I'll post a link when they're all there.

Lord_Gabo
08-27-2009, 02:49 PM
thank you sonjasocal! you've capured all our flags!!! :D

Lord_Gabo
08-27-2009, 02:50 PM

hey hey hey!!!! :D :D

nameless
08-27-2009, 02:56 PM
did anyone actually manage to meet or chat with the band after the london show?! i gave up waiting after a while but was wondering what time they did come out if anyone knew.

i wasnt quite sure what the third guitarist was for, they normally just use someone now and again on certain songs but he performed the whole show with them. the show was good but i think they were better on the other ocassions ive seen them. it didnt help that the drums were so faint as well!

SonjaSoCal
08-27-2009, 03:04 PM
thank you sonjasocal! you've capured all our flags!!! :D

So I did. Found one from my pictures too. :D Lets see if I can get this work....

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n15/sonjasphotos/dexterbrixtonacademy.jpg

chriiis
08-27-2009, 03:41 PM
I have 5 full songs, SIFU, Bad Habit, Million Miles Away, Gone Away piano and Americana. Then I have Kristy on 2 parts because had to change memory cards in the middle of it. Rest is only parts of songs. I'm uploading these I just mentioned on megaupload. They're just uploading but it will take some time. I'll post a link when they're all there.

Thank you very much, you will be really appreciated by me.
How many time you think that you need for this? (:

Brixton Audio bootleg is coming guys (:

Lord_Gabo
08-27-2009, 03:56 PM
so i did. Found one from my pictures too. :d lets see if i can get this work....

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n15/sonjasphotos/dexterbrixtonacademy.jpg

i love you!!!!!

Dexter_italy
08-27-2009, 04:46 PM
i love you!!!!!

So do I, I think it's me that! sooo cool!!

SonjaSoCal
08-27-2009, 05:14 PM
You guys! :)

Tijs
08-28-2009, 03:09 AM
Once again I wrote a journal about it for www.theoffspringsite.com, it's on there.

And here are some photos of the line

http://i30.tinypic.com/143gpqd.jpg

All the way to the back

http://i30.tinypic.com/n1owfc.jpg

And around the corner

http://i31.tinypic.com/33y1jfc.jpg

Where it reaches another corner...

http://i28.tinypic.com/2ur742d.jpg

Tijs
08-28-2009, 03:12 AM
Photo of the venue up front

http://i31.tinypic.com/2jexrpc.jpg

Close up

http://i29.tinypic.com/dbm69k.jpg

And me and Ala found this store with an awesome name. Too bad they didn't sell any actual Offspring stuff.

http://i26.tinypic.com/118n501.jpg

Dexter_italy
08-28-2009, 03:14 AM
Cool pics! :D I think that we all did the front one :D

SonjaSoCal
08-28-2009, 03:31 AM
My videos in megaupload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YXV9NO2Z
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VTHO7ZUZ
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U0SZ4Q94
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HH0EIKLB
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8U2ZIFFL
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5IAE1I49
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8FS4I42T

SonjaSoCal
08-28-2009, 03:34 AM
Nice pics Tijs! I didn't even realize the line was that long. We were near the first corner.

Tijs
08-28-2009, 03:44 AM
Maybe you can see yourself in this photo then

http://i31.tinypic.com/2l8xk5z.jpg

Dexter_italy
08-28-2009, 03:53 AM
I was in front of the door on your right :D

Dexter_italy
08-28-2009, 03:54 AM
My videos in megaupload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YXV9NO2Z
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VTHO7ZUZ
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U0SZ4Q94
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HH0EIKLB
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8U2ZIFFL
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5IAE1I49
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8FS4I42T

Thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssss :D:D:D

SonjaSoCal
08-28-2009, 03:58 AM
Maybe you can see yourself in this photo then

http://i31.tinypic.com/2l8xk5z.jpg

hmm... they kept telling people to move on. I think we were on front of the guy with red t-shirt but not 100% sure.

SonjaSoCal
08-28-2009, 04:02 AM
Actually am sure. yeah, there was this little family behind us and I think the red shirt was the father.

Dexter_italy
08-28-2009, 04:46 AM
Once again I wrote a journal about it for www.theoffspringsite.com, it's on there.

And here are some photos of the line

All the way to the back

And around the corner

Where it reaches another corner...

Nice review!! Someone stole my pics I see :D

Tijs
08-28-2009, 05:45 AM
Pics? Vids you mean :o Those are my photos! :p

Dexter_italy
08-28-2009, 07:32 AM
Pics? Vids you mean :o Those are my photos! :p

I mean the on that are upon the review :)

Cannon_Fodder
08-28-2009, 08:59 AM
just a few pics. I took 120 pics in all but these were the best of them.
Fekin great gig as well :).

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51796.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51797.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51798.jpg

Cannon_Fodder
08-28-2009, 09:00 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51807.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/noodlescropped.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/widescreenofspring.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/noodles.jpg

Cannon_Fodder
08-28-2009, 09:01 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51827.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51829.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51839.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51837.jpg

Cannon_Fodder
08-28-2009, 09:04 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51832.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51840.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51841.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51808.jpg

Cannon_Fodder
08-28-2009, 09:04 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51810.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51795.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51809.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51734.jpg

Cannon_Fodder
08-28-2009, 09:05 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51718.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51730.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51784.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51758.jpg

Cannon_Fodder
08-28-2009, 09:05 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51759.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51760.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/Cannon_Fodder_2006/SSA51768.jpg

Alison
08-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Went to the Manchester gig. it was unreal!!

I'll post photos later

chriiis
08-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Went to the Manchester gig. it was unreal!!

I'll post photos later

Can' wait for see the photos (:
they played million miles away again?

Alison
08-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Can' wait for see the photos (:
they played million miles away again?

They did indeeed

KyleW
08-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Both gigs were AMAZING! Plus... I GOT DEXTERS PIC AT THE LONDON GIG! Ill post some pictures later when I upload them to the PC.

Anyway review...

Arrived at the London gig just in time to see Broadway calls who I think were mediokre in a gig of this size. They looked a little out of place. A few good songs nevertheless, a deserved warm up act. Secondly, Rival Schools. I wasnt really a fan of thier music but they seemed to get the crowd warmed up nicely. Anyone else think the guitarist (the big guy) looked like big al from Toy Story?

Then after a seemlessly endless wait, The Offspring were on stage. As soon as the starting drumbeat from SIMU began we were in business. The crown were wild and the band even wilder as they played through thier hits. A few hidden gems were thrown in too, MMA and Americana kept the playlist fresh with Gone Away (piano) suprisingly getting the crowd going. All in all a FANTASTIC night. I came away sweating like a bitch and limping but oh so worth it. I was also suprised at how easy it was to get to the front.

The next day was the Manchester gig and affter arriving when the doors opening I worked my way to about the third row. This venue was much smaller, about half the size in total and Broadway Calls seemed to relish in this. They were awesome, much better than the London gig and it prompted me to check them out some more. Rival Schools were about the same as the London gig, didn't really get me going but a lot of other people really enjoyed them. Again The Offspring took to the stage and the room went NUTS! The same setlist was played exactly and although some variety would have been nice I would be lying if I said I was dissappointed. The show was great again and just like the London gig I was sweaty as anything.

All in all a bloody good experience. I was a little gutted that they wernt selling Gringo Bandito at the gig but oh well, you can't ask for everything.

Pictures to follow in the next day or so.

Alison
08-28-2009, 02:18 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30489859@N05/

My photos are here on this link. Not the best, but theyre grand

Gabriel Offspring
08-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Manchester 26-08-09 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC_d2IZRk7w: WDYGJ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO58LhFnFAk&feature=related: Gone Away
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHqTja_j9f0&feature=related: All i Want
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdj-Ry3S5aA&NR=1: Pretty Fly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k6OXrKveRU&feature=related: YGGFK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgkzrzhAU-U&feature=related: TKAA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha69UKn8w18&feature=related: MILLION MILES AWAY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSnoGAeD5YA&feature=related: Self Esteem

RonWelty
08-28-2009, 03:25 PM
http://ccphotoartbiz.blogspot.com/2009/08/offspring.html

Zee
08-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Did anyone notice some guy throwing a shoe on the stage just when they were ending up a song and their back in front of the audience? Then they just yelled "we fucking love you". That was weird. I looked at the tour section and there someone from "near London" has done the dame thing previously, hmm.

All I Want sounds so fucking tight, especially Dexter's vocals. That definitely got the crowd most going.

bouncingcoles
08-28-2009, 04:12 PM
million miles away must have been fucking amazing. id cut someone to hear that song live

Zee
08-28-2009, 04:14 PM
million miles away must have been fucking amazing. id cut someone to hear that song live

Yeah, the second best song live that night. Songs with such palm muting (Want You Bad for example) gets me really going and they sound so good.

Tijs
08-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Did anyone notice some guy throwing a shoe on the stage just when they were ending up a song and their back in front of the audience? Then they just yelled "we fucking love you". That was weird.I did not see that but I remember the security guards picking up a shoe and looking at each other strangely. Must've been the same shoe I guess. :p

the_real_potomek
08-31-2009, 02:59 AM
hey guys, there are some photos from London show taken by me, I couldn't have posted them earlier. Not too much though.

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp67/angry_ala/250820092353.jpg

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp67/angry_ala/250820092359.jpg

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp67/angry_ala/250820092360.jpg

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp67/angry_ala/250820092361.jpg

Alison
08-31-2009, 02:07 PM
Some photos.
I went a bit artsy with the Greg K one to disquise the bad quality of it :p

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a280/irishpunkrockgirl/Pkklpp204.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a280/irishpunkrockgirl/Pkklpp207.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a280/irishpunkrockgirl/Pkklpp209.jpg

nameless
08-31-2009, 02:42 PM
most people got some nice pictures, i only took a few and they came out really badly, it was mainly the lighting that mucked them up, you could only take them at certain times from where i was!

alimat1uk
08-31-2009, 04:58 PM
Video of Gone Away from Brixton :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wrfaN09LTI

Gustavo
08-31-2009, 06:27 PM
Does anybody know the set-list for the Manchester concert?

Alison
09-01-2009, 04:19 AM
Does anybody know the set-list for the Manchester concert?

http://www.last.fm/event/1093841+The+Offspring+at+Manchester+Academy+1+on+2 6+August+2009/reviews

here it is

Cannon_Fodder
09-01-2009, 10:42 AM
most people got some nice pictures, i only took a few and they came out really badly, it was mainly the lighting that mucked them up, you could only take them at certain times from where i was!

I totaly agree with the ligthing, it was all back lit and no lights facing the band.

nameless
09-03-2009, 05:44 PM
did anyone pick up a tour shirt?! i could have sworn i saw a 2009 shirt with a picture of atom on it still on the way home. still, it may have been a cheap one from outside!

SonjaSoCal
09-03-2009, 05:51 PM
I got a tour shirt from the London show that has the angel on the front and the skull on the back above the tour dates. I don't think I saw one with a pic of the band members but I admit, I didn't even look, I saw this shirt and I wanted it.

Alison
09-04-2009, 03:41 AM
did anyone pick up a tour shirt?! i could have sworn i saw a 2009 shirt with a picture of atom on it still on the way home. still, it may have been a cheap one from outside!

I think I saw those, but they were the cheap ones on sale outside.

Anybody see those offiial lones with the skeleton in the car? I wanted one...but the guy in front of me got the last one:(:mad:

SonjaSoCal
09-04-2009, 05:07 AM
Ooo I bet the skeleton in the car -ones went fast. That would have been lovely too. I wasn't going to buy anything this time so I didn't even go check the merch. After the show my husband said out of the blue he's buying me a shirt and I picked the first that looked good to me. :D