PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Live

Autonomist
08-25-2009, 12:44 AM
There was a time, around the middle of 2007 I think, where I realised that I would be seeing Bad Religion, Muse and Frenzal Rhomb all within three weeks of each other, followed by Streetlight Manifesto a month later and then The Offspring and (before they cancelled) Social Distortion at Soundwave couple of months down the line. At the time I remember thinking that I would never have such an amazing line-up of concerts to count down to, that was the absolute peak of it. I now realise how well and truly mistaken I was. My upcoming:

Monster Magnet - September 6
Bad Religion (and NOFX) - September 30
Slayer/Megadeth - October 8
The Offspring - October 29
Nas - October 31
Faith No More + Jane's Addiction - February 21

And all in before the Big Day Out and Good Vibrations announcements! Now this thread isn't just for me to gloat. What concerts are ya'll looking forward to in the coming months?

Free?
08-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Haha, I've seen Monster Magnet live last winter and my friends were disappointed with the show. Well, they didn't really know what stoner rock is and built their expectations only based on MM's music vids and a live show we saw on TV with strippers performing during the set. So, long repetitive stoner riffs and NO STRIPPERS AT ALL! made my drunk friends feel sad and regret about coming.
:D

jacknife737
08-25-2009, 10:24 AM
There's not a lot on my list at the moment; mostly because when i'm back at school i get to lazy to make the trip up to Toronto, where most of the good shows are.

Still; i'm probably going to check out the Gaslight Anthem/Loved ones show in October.

Outerspaceman21
08-25-2009, 10:57 AM
Planning on going to see Strung Out, Pour Habit and Set it Off at the Karma in November. Gonna be a great show.

Superdope
08-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Haha, I've seen Monster Magnet live last winter and my friends were disappointed with the show. Well, they didn't really know what stoner rock is and built their expectations only based on MM's music vids and a live show we saw on TV with strippers performing during the set. So, long repetitive stoner riffs and NO STRIPPERS AT ALL! made my drunk friends feel sad and regret about coming.
:D

Your friends are therefore not worthy. Monster Magnet is the shiznit.

The only thing I have to look forward to is Eagles of Death Metal in a couple of months. Which will rock, by the way

Superdope
10-13-2009, 04:39 AM
The only thing I have to look forward to is Eagles of Death Metal in a couple of months. Which will rock, by the way

You can say whatever you want about The Eagles of Death Metal. They are a joke band. The only reason they are well known, is their connection to Josh Homme;

But damn, do they put on a good show. A really good show. Good times, man, good times.

jacknife737
10-13-2009, 03:22 PM
I kind of doubt anyone here will have heard of them; but the Creepshow are playing a dive bar in a few weeks near me; it should be fun.

Autonomist
10-14-2009, 05:47 AM
Faith No More + Jane's Addiction - February 21

Better make that Faith No More + Jane's Addiction + Anthrax - Soundwave Festival, February 21. Also coming up soon is what looks like a full Wu-Tang Clan show, Pharoahe Monch, Leftover Crack and I'm looking well forward to the Good Vibrations announcement coming up soon too.

I kind of doubt anyone here will have heard of them; but the Creepshow are playing a dive bar in a few weeks near me; it should be fun.

Also playing at Soundwave (as are the Eagles of Death Metal, also mentioned in this thread, it really is the best festival) though you're right, I haven't heard of them.

Autonomist
01-19-2011, 03:57 AM
http://images.soundwavefestival.s3.amazonaws.com/newsletter/ecardimg/SW11-NAT-ecardheader.jpg

Soundwave really has come a long way since it's first year where the headliners were Deftones and +44. Australia now well and truly has a festival that can compete with all the awesome European ones.

Other entries on my upcoming list:

Mos Def - January 23
Big Day Out, with Tool, Iggy & The Stooges, Black Milk, Lupe Fiasco and M.I.A. - January 26
Good Vibrations, with Nas & Damian Marley, Erykah Badu, Janelle Monae, Kelis and Ludacris - February 12
Mayer Hawthorne - February 19
Social Distortion - March 1st (aka their first ever Sydney headlining show, on my birthday!)
dead prez - March 15
Kyuss - May 17
Suicidal Tendencies - May 14

I may also get a ticket to see MF DOOM in March but I haven't made my mind up on that one. I'm too worried about being gipped out of a show.

Outerspaceman21
01-19-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm debating on driving out to Anaheim to see Strung Out and Voodoo Glow Skulls. I don't have a reliable car to get me there so I might miss it. Bummer...

jacknife737
01-19-2011, 02:33 PM
Nothing much set in stone:

Bad Astronaut is playing a gig near me sometime in May: will be doing my best to see them: they've only played like a dozen live shows in their career.

There's also an Against Me!/Dropkick Murphy's tour going on soon, but there hasn't been a toronto date announced yet.

jacknife737
02-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Just found out the Descendent's are playing a free show in toronto this summer: safe to say i'm excited.

cool 2 hate 681
02-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Just found out the Descendent's are playing a free show in toronto this summer: safe to say i'm excited.

that's cool:) im going to see them in long beach with rise against and bad religion this april

randman21
02-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Oh man, soundwave looks bad shit this year! But

Australia now well and truly has a festival that can compete with all the awesome European ones.

isn't Big Day Out already one of the bigger festivals around?

that's cool:) im going to see them in long beach with rise against and bad religion this april

I saw like 40 underground bands in a festival two weeks ago, and then Old Man Markley/Cobra Skulls/Bouncing Souls/NOFX last week. And I'm going to see Rise Against and Bad Religion in April. :D But in Myrtle Beach (South Carolina). Any word on who else is going to be playing those shows? I hear Four Year Strong is coming out.

I've only ever seen Offspring in concert, so this year is turning out to be very strong, music-wise.

cool 2 hate 681
02-08-2011, 03:06 PM
I saw like 40 underground bands in a festival two weeks ago, and then Old Man Markley/Cobra Skulls/Bouncing Souls/NOFX last week. And I'm going to see Rise Against and Bad Religion in April. :D But in Myrtle Beach (South Carolina). Any word on who else is going to be playing those shows? I hear Four Year Strong is coming out.

I've only ever seen Offspring in concert, so this year is turning out to be very strong, music-wise.

well excluding the long beach show all the dates are rise against with bad religion and four year strong i don't expect any other band's to be added but you never know

Rooster
02-08-2011, 03:09 PM
I'm considering going to a Kyuss Lives! gig, some of their European tour dates seem good, not too far away either. I don't know, maybe i'll get some of my mates going with me.

On a side note, yesterday i've seen Pennywise for the second time, in less than a year. When i saw them the first time i thought they seemed rather uninterested in their performance, or at least that something wasn't quite right. Well, their yesterday's gig however was awesome. Awesome in a very crazy way :)

randman21
02-08-2011, 03:14 PM
well excluding the long beach show all the dates are rise against with bad religion and four year strong i don't expect any other band's to be added but you never know
Ahh, okay. I hope there will be a surprise!

On a side note, yesterday i've seen Pennywise for the second time, in less than a year. When i saw them the first time i thought they seemed rather uninterested in their performance, or at least that something wasn't quite right. Well, their yesterday's gig however was awesome. Awesome in a very crazy way :)
Awesome. How's the new singer (his name escapes me)? A guy in my band is a huge Pennywise fan, but he doesn't want to see them because he doesn't like that guy, haha. I personally liked Ignite a lot.

Rooster
02-09-2011, 02:54 AM
Awesome. How's the new singer (his name escapes me)? A guy in my band is a huge Pennywise fan, but he doesn't want to see them because he doesn't like that guy, haha. I personally liked Ignite a lot.

Zoli will probably do just fine. He seems very into it, and wasn't a bad choice for replacement.

Blitz!
02-09-2011, 11:10 AM
In my backyard, at the ass end of the world, we have Rammstein and U2 this weekend. Kings of Leon were suppose to arrive in March, but have postponed until October. Since SA hosted the World Cup last year, it seems we have become a sort after destination ... I'm not complaining.

jacknife737
02-09-2011, 05:13 PM

Nice. It's really cool to see them back together, to be honest, i never thought i'd get a chance to see them ever.

The Bad Religion/Rise Against tour looks like fun, but i don't think it's coming anywhere near me.

jacknife737
02-28-2011, 11:29 AM
More summer concerts are getting announced.

Warped tour looks particularly terrible this year, outside of the Menzingers, looks like i'll be skipping it.

However, i've got Nofx/Teenage Bottlerocket/Old Man Markley to look forward too. Not to mention a Frank Turner solo show, although i think i prefer him with his band.

cool 2 hate 681
02-28-2011, 01:08 PM
More summer concerts are getting announced.

Warped tour looks particularly terrible this year, outside of the Menzingers, looks like i'll be skipping it.

yeah it look's pretty bad the only band's i like so far are unwritten law and the black pacific but im going to wait for the main stage to be announced before i decide whether to go or not

jacknife737
02-28-2011, 01:28 PM
yeah it look's pretty bad the only band's i like so far are unwritten law and the black pacific but im going to wait for the main stage to be announced before i decide whether to go or not

Are black pacific doing the whole tour?

cool 2 hate 681
02-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Are black pacific doing the whole tour?

no only the last 9 dates:(

Jojan
02-28-2011, 01:47 PM
March 19 - Rise Against (booked)
April19 - Dropkick Murphys (booked)
June 21 - Flogging Molly (maybe)
June 22 - Foo Fighters (maybe)

I saw Rise Against, Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly last summer, by the way.

Alison
03-03-2011, 01:49 PM
The Queers are playing in Ireland tomorrow :eek::eek:

Definitely going to see them! Can't wait. it's gonna be a small gig, only room for 100 people

jacknife737
03-03-2011, 02:45 PM
The Queers are playing in Ireland tomorrow :eek::eek:

Definitely going to see them! Can't wait. it's gonna be a small gig, only room for 100 people

I hear they're super fun live.

They were supposed to come to toronto last summer with Off With Their Heads, but they ended up cancelling.

Supa
03-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Bad Religion (and NOFX) - September 30
The Offspring - October 29

Wait, where are The Offspring playing at? And NOFX is touring again?

Anyways, Rise Against is headlining a concert, and Bad Religion is opening for them (what the..?). Hopefully I can make that one.

Alison
03-04-2011, 12:43 AM
I hear they're super fun live.

I'd say so! Judging by some of the videos online and stuff.

Really looking forward to this now. Never even expected them to ever play here. And just 2 hours from where I live (it'll be my first time driving so far by myself, yes i'm willing to risk it:p). wooo

Jojan
03-04-2011, 01:04 AM
Wait, where are The Offspring playing at? And NOFX is touring again?

This thread was made on 08-25-2009. And I know that you're thinking it must be an error somewhere because there are only twelve months in a year. It is those dumb US people who can not even use metric. 08-25-2009 is the 8th month the 25th day the 2009th year BC.

cool 2 hate 681
03-27-2011, 01:59 PM
warped lineup sucks the fact that they don't have the old skool/legends Stage this year is enough for me not to go

jacknife737
03-27-2011, 02:04 PM
warped lineup sucks the fact that they don't have the old skool/legends Stage this year is enough for me not to go

I haven't been since 2006, and the lineup gets worse every year: it's a shame too, because it used to be a really fun way to spend an afternoon.

cool 2 hate 681
03-27-2011, 02:09 PM
i just wish the fest would start touring and give some competition to the warped tour

jacknife737
03-27-2011, 04:30 PM
i just wish the fest would start touring and give some competition to the warped tour

Man, it would be a dream come true if their was a Fest tour.

Marco
03-29-2011, 08:24 AM
My upcoming live shows:

16 april - Roger Waters (Zagreb)
15 june - Foo Fighters, Iggy Pop & The Stooges, Social Distortion, The Hives, Band Of Horses, Flogging Molly, Ministri, Outback (Milan)
6 july - Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax (Milan)
3 september - Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian, The Vaccines + others tba
4 september - THE OFFSPRING + others tba

Retard
04-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Raekwon next week. Aaaawww yeah!

coke_a_holic
04-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Titus Andronicus in a few weeks. Then my band is playing a show, then Amon Amarth the week after that. Then Okkervil River! Then more shows with my band! Woo!