PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mods

disclaimer_07
08-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Once in a while I see someone post (usually in Offspring.com Talk) a thread containing strange characters. Out of sheer curiosity, do you Mods even try to actually figure out what they are about before you delete them? Maybe it's just stating the obvious but I'm left a bit puzzled over those messages. Is the only reason they get deleted that no one understands them or that they are posted outside of General Chat? Meh, my questions sound silly as heck but whatever.

T-6005
08-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Jes don' like them forgners is all.

Harleyquiiinn
08-25-2009, 02:13 PM
Aliens are maybe trying to communicate. They may have realized that Offspring fans are the most interesting and evoluated people among humans (of course !) and they are counting on us to develop relations between our different planets.

Or maybe these messages are just from dysfunctioning spam bot...

But I like the first theory better... honestly...

disclaimer_07
08-25-2009, 02:23 PM
In fact I am 99.99% (well 100%) sure it's Russian, the only problem is character coding.... so at first I couldn't make head nor tails of it. Anyway, as far as aliens are concerned, we can feel safe and secure.

Harleyquiiinn
08-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Anyway, as far as aliens are concerned, we can feel safe and secure.

oh......:(

Little_Miss_1565
08-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Once in a while I see someone post (usually in Offspring.com Talk) a thread containing strange characters. Out of sheer curiosity, do you Mods even try to actually figure out what they are about before you delete them? Maybe it's just stating the obvious but I'm left a bit puzzled over those messages. Is the only reason they get deleted that no one understands them or that they are posted outside of General Chat? Meh, my questions sound silly as heck but whatever.

They're spam messages so that's why they're deleted.

disclaimer_07
08-25-2009, 02:56 PM
They're spam messages so that's why they're deleted.

So you're saying you figure out what they mean first and then delete them? It doesn't look like they are posted by spambots cause I assume that then they would be googlable. At least I don't think they're trying to sell things.

Little_Miss_1565
08-25-2009, 03:17 PM
We don't need to try and decode them because we get several of these sorts of messages posted each week. This last one was unusual because it didn't have the same links and pictures that the other ones have, but considering that was the new user's one post, and spammers look for the least trafficked forum with the strategy that it might also be the least moderated forum, I don't think there's any reason to question that was anything but a spammer. Besides, if it was a real user, they would have just come right back again.

SMASHedTHEignition
08-26-2009, 12:12 AM
Aliens are maybe trying to communicate. They may have realized that Offspring fans are the most interesting and evoluated people among humans (of course !) and they are counting on us to develop relations between our different planets.

Or maybe these messages are just from dysfunctioning spam bot...

But I like the first theory better... honestly...

yeh i like this idea :D

Greg-K's-PENIS
08-26-2009, 05:02 AM
Offspring fans are the most interesting and evoluated people among humans (of course !)

Haha hells yes :D

disclaimer_07
09-01-2009, 01:28 AM
Heh, okay. When I decided to decipher one of those messages (using an online translator), it turned out that some guy was looking for his older sister. But I don't know what kind of help he could get on the Offspring boards....

Little_Miss_1565
09-01-2009, 06:26 AM
Heh, okay. When I decided to decipher one of those messages (using an online translator), it turned out that some guy was looking for his older sister. But I don't know what kind of help he could get on the Offspring boards....

Probably because it's spam and not real?

IamSam
09-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Probably because it's spam and not real?

How dare you say it isn't real!

I'm currently supporting three separate African governments after they emailed me for my assistance.

randman21
09-01-2009, 08:12 PM
I've saved countless beautiful Russian virgins from their lives of hostels and bad sauerkraut and gave them better lives here, so don't you talk to me about spam. :mad:

_Lost_
09-01-2009, 11:13 PM
I got 4 or 5 emails from one particular beautiful Russian virgin wanting to find help...

EDIT: Sarah, I can't help but wonder... Do you die a little inside whenever you see a thread entitled "Hey Mods" or something similar?

Superdope
09-02-2009, 03:16 AM
Wait, you're telling me that the pills I just ordered won't work?

:(

Rooster
09-02-2009, 07:41 AM
Wait, you're telling me that the pills I just ordered won't work?

:(

Fuck. FUCK FUCK FUCK!

Fuck.

Little_Miss_1565
09-02-2009, 08:26 AM
EDIT: Sarah, I can't help but wonder... Do you die a little inside whenever you see a thread entitled "Hey Mods" or something similar?

Thanks for asking. The answer is yes. No offense to Disclaimer, but these sorts of questions are also easily answered via PM to any moderator.

RageAndLov
09-02-2009, 03:23 PM
I think the whole thing is a conspiracy by the mods.

Rutegard
09-03-2009, 04:39 AM
Thanks for asking. The answer is yes. No offense to Disclaimer, but these sorts of questions are also easily answered via PM to any moderator.

uuumm i think you should have said NO

good morning USA, i've got a feeling that it's gonna be a wonderful day! the sun in the sky has a smile on its face and it's shinning and salute to the american race!!

dexter12296566
09-04-2009, 12:08 PM
I have much more respect to the moderators now that I realize that they are not doing things to be mean but to keep the forum on topic and safe for the band members. If we want our posts to stay up we need to abide by the rules. 1565 and Tijs actually helped me realize that so to them I say"thank you"

Rutegard
09-04-2009, 12:33 PM
I have much more respect to the moderators now that I realize that they are not doing things to be mean but to keep the forum on topic and safe for the band members. If we want our posts to stay up we need to abide by the rules. 1565 and Tijs actually helped me realize that so to them I say"thank you"

who do u prefer? tijs or lil miss? :P

(this reminds me when ppl asked me which one i prefer, dad or mom? :|:| )

dexter12296566
09-04-2009, 12:48 PM
who do u prefer? tijs or lil miss? :P

(this reminds me when ppl asked me which one i prefer, dad or mom? :|:| )

I am already friends with Tijs and I know more about him, but they are both nice so I am not going to decide.

Rutegard
09-04-2009, 12:58 PM
I am already friends with Tijs and I know more about him, but they are both nice so I am not going to decide.

i know hun, was jsut teasing u :P

dexter12296566
09-04-2009, 01:15 PM
i know hun, was jsut teasing u :P

Well that's good because I wasn't going to choose. I love Tijs, though.

Rutegard
09-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Well that's good because I wasn't going to choose. I love Tijs, though.

but lil miss is taller and could win in a fight....but tijs has a white brain and blinks to u.....hummm :P hard to decide huh?

dexter12296566
09-05-2009, 05:38 AM
but lil miss is taller and could win in a fight....but tijs has a white brain and blinks to u.....hummm :P hard to decide huh?

Lil miss is really nice but I don't even know what she looks like. Tijs is cute.

Rutegard
09-05-2009, 08:47 AM
Lil miss is really nice but I don't even know what she looks like. Tijs is cute.

lms cat is cuter! :P

edit: this is like the stupidiest conv ever lol

Blitz!
09-05-2009, 09:55 AM
edit: this is like the stupidiest conv ever lol

Agreed ... and soooooo off topic