PDA

View Full Version : Antyracism or just a fashion simbol?

sipptaroowsky
09-01-2009, 09:13 AM
It has come to my attention that assumed racism is everywhere. Today it is enough to simply look at someone who is not the same as you and you will be accused of racism. But how much do we really know about racism, stereotypes, ethnic and religious intolerance. Am I able to insult someone without being accused of racism? If I give someone a job who is of a same race as I am disregarding the person of a different race ,,, will I immediately be accused of racism? Out here in Cro we're pretty much all the same race, but different ethnicities. So am I really able to be a racist without ever doing something against anyone’s race? If I hit a man I am violent, but if I hit a man of a different race I'm immediately a racist? I don't think today there is much racism left, there is only those who go to extreme lengths in proving their tolerance and thus becoming and creating intolerance. Is it possible today to do anything without politics involved? Let's face it, in the following 10 posts there will be at least 3 suggesting that I'm a racist. How pathetic I am to even raise this discussion, and how we all have to „look forward“. But will that really be a fight against racism? Is there today such a thing as freedom of speech, or does it exist only when it is approved politically? I'm looking toward to all the insultful messages from all of you, and please don't hold back, I hope that at least in this thread we'll all be able to express our self’s. In order to prove my anty racism I could name now some of the different races which I like, but wouldn't that be just using the good name of those races in order to clear my name. Think about it, how much of a racist are we all truly, and how much are we just led to believe that we are. More and more people now are simply using anty racism to increase the public image of them self’s, deliberately picking fights with so called “racists” in order to demonstrate their moral superiority, but are the racists really that obvious, do we really recognize them, are they really racists? And there is also ethnic intolerance. When you say „those damn Croatians“ or some other name, are you truly being ethnically intolerant, in some eyes even a racist. Or are you simply suggesting that most Cro's do this or that. Some dude once said something like he didn't know there are actually races, but people call him white. Didn't he just shield himself from the truth that not everyone looks, thinks or feels the same as he does, rather to ignore the fact in favor to racial tolerance? Rather to accept the fact that we're not all the same, we are not all the same race, the same height, the same weight, and from then on to adjust himself to that situation, and not only himself, to adjust others to his cause ,,, something noble, but it might be considered racism. How much today do we really think, and how much are we told to think, how much d owe resist it.

Thank you for reading this absolutely meaningless thread.

Oxygene
09-01-2009, 09:25 AM
It has come to my attention that assumed racism is everywhere. Today it is enough to simply look at someone who is not the same as you and you will be accused of racism. But how much do we really know about racism, stereotypes, ethnic and religious intolerance. Am I able to insult someone without being accused of racism? If I give someone a job who is of a same race as I am disregarding the person of a different race ,,, will I immediately be accused of racism? Out here in Cro we're pretty much all the same race, but different ethnicities. So am I really able to be a racist without ever doing something against anyone’s race? If I hit a man I am violent, but if I hit a man of a different race I'm immediately a racist? I don't think today there is much racism left, there is only those who go to extreme lengths in proving their tolerance and thus becoming and creating intolerance. Is it possible today to do anything without politics involved? Let's face it, in the following 10 posts there will be at least 3 suggesting that I'm a racist. How pathetic I am to even raise this discussion, and how we all have to „look forward“. But will that really be a fight against racism? Is there today such a thing as freedom of speech, or does it exist only when it is approved politically? I'm looking toward to all the insultful messages from all of you, and please don't hold back, I hope that at least in this thread we'll all be able to express our self’s. In order to prove my anty racism I could name now some of the different races which I like, but wouldn't that be just using the good name of those races in order to clear my name. Think about it, how much of a racist are we all truly, and how much are we just led to believe that we are. More and more people now are simply using anty racism to increase the public image of them self’s, deliberately picking fights with so called “racists” in order to demonstrate their moral superiority, but are the racists really that obvious, do we really recognize them, are they really racists?

Racism takes many shapes and forms, but it's a universal expression for having prejudice against people based on something they are born with and cannot change.

For example if I hate you for not being able to learn English properly, I could be called a racist, because I am being prejudice against someone who is severely mentally handicapped and not just against but also because!

If I hate you for being a racist piece of shit, I am not being racist because I hate you based on something you've chosen to become out of free will.

Thus racist is just a melting pot term for xenophobe, homophobe all sorts of shit.. fuck you are a racist if you discriminate against someone because of their height.

sipptaroowsky
09-01-2009, 09:39 AM
Racism takes many shapes and forms, but it's a universal expression for having prejudice against people based on something they are born with and cannot change.

For example if I hate you for not being able to learn English properly, I could be called a racist, because I am being prejudice against someone who is severely mentally handicapped and not just against but also because!

If I hate you for being a racist piece of shit, I am not being racist because I hate you based on something you've chosen to become out of free will.

Thus racist is just a melting pot term for xenophobe, homophobe all sorts of shit.. fuck you are a racist if you discriminate against someone because of their height.

I have to say that I really like that post, it seems you put a lot of thought in it. I don't agree with some parts, but I am happy that you read my messages, as I read yours, and that you're taking some of your time to devote to me. Thank you. Now allow me to return the favor.

Now you say I'm unable to learn English properly, that is not true. I simply forget to use the Microsoft word, to run my words through it to check my spelling errors. I'm sorry if this might seem arrogant but I think I know English better than you, because you make a lot of grammar mistakes, and I only error in spelling. Spelling can be learned, but grammar must be understood. You constantly call me names, which makes me believe you are a young person, well that would be a stereotype. But if you hate me for not being able to learn English properly, you couldn't be called a racist, you simply hate me, you don’t hate my race, you don't hate my origin, just me. I assure you I'm not mentally handicapped, just sometimes rude, and the fact I don’t' agree with you doesn't mean I'm bellow you, it means I have rethink all the possibilities and decided against you. Can you accept the fact that someone doesn't agree with you? I'm asking because you present yourself as someone very tolerant. I know I can't have a real conversation here, but I'll still try.

Thank you for living up to my expectations, I am also very disappointed.

Looking forward to your next message.

Little_Miss_1565
09-01-2009, 10:35 AM

No. You are not a racist for discrimination against someone's height, or sexual orientation, or whether or not they're brain damaged. You are only a racist if you discriminate based on race as a factor alone. Sippatoroosky, you're not a racist if you punch someone of another race in a fight or something -- but you are a racist if you walk up to someone of another race and punch them simply because they are of another race. Make sense?

sipptaroowsky
09-01-2009, 12:38 PM
No. You are not a racist for discrimination against someone's height, or sexual orientation, or whether or not they're brain damaged. You are only a racist if you discriminate based on race as a factor alone. Sippatoroosky, you're not a racist if you punch someone of another race in a fight or something -- but you are a racist if you walk up to someone of another race and punch them simply because they are of another race. Make sense?

Exactly, but you can't explain it to people

Little_Miss_1565
09-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Exactly, but you can't explain it to people

Didn't I just explain it to you?

sipptaroowsky
09-01-2009, 01:42 PM

Didn't I just explain it to you?

Oh common, you too, you're allso going to insist on this "I'm right" bull shit. I just agreed with you, can't you just be grateful, can't you just be normal, what the fuck is wrong with the fucking world.

Sheldon Cooper
09-01-2009, 03:02 PM
My good man,

It appears to me that you had made numerous mistakes about the notion of race. The race is above everything an administrativ identification method. The assumptions of qualities are related to local folklores or cliches that are not followed by the real scientific community. Biologically speaking, they are a very few consequency that are mainly linked to the geographical origin of a so called race and their environment. For instance, jewish people and people from the mediterranean sea are more likely to be affected by thalassemia and black people by drepanocytosis. It is not a racial consequency, but an environmental consequency.

Talking about urban subculture, I believe there is no relationship between behaviour and "race", provided Mankind owns free will. Since some people have decided to associate with their ethnical group, feel free to understand that those young people only represent themselves. Besides, unless you believe that empirism is the ultimate scientifical method, your assumptions will lead you to a dead end full of loony characters. Because the link you would stress would already exist in your head; this pre disposal is a fertile ground to racist ideology.

People always have the choice to be. This very freedom defines by itself the inept concept of racism, as you always have the possibility to transcend your identity and your beliefs. Chaos lies upon you and displays its inner incompatibility with the racial concept.

And remember : the need of the many overweights the needs of the few.

Live long and Prosper

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Little_Miss_1565
09-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Oh common, you too, you're allso going to insist on this "I'm right" bull shit. I just agreed with you, can't you just be grateful, can't you just be normal, what the fuck is wrong with the fucking world.

I honestly have no idea what you're saying.

sipptaroowsky
09-01-2009, 03:17 PM
well, I give up, thank you doctor. bye to you all, have all the best. talking is something I still need to work on

Sheldon Cooper
09-01-2009, 03:20 PM
It was my pleasure! I am glad if I had enlightened you.

live long and prosper!

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

sipptaroowsky
09-01-2009, 03:46 PM
It was my pleasure! I am glad if I had enlightened you.

live long and prosper!

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

well you might say you EXPANDED my horizons, dumb fuck. don't worry, I'll live very long

Sheldon Cooper
09-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Actually, horizons are already as expanded as they can possibly be.

Your mind may have stretched, but the horizons have stayed the same. That s quite a fallacious retorical sentence you ve made there.

PedroACastro
09-01-2009, 04:34 PM
well you might say you EXPANDED my horizons, dumb fuck. don't worry, I'll live very long

wtf? i seriously read this whole tread and can't figure out what you want us to say. you just disagree with everyone's oppinions

Xtrem_Juggernaut
09-01-2009, 04:44 PM
I think the abuses have nothing to do with the reactions.I mean, read the whole stuff, he s just a kid who doesnt exactly know how to express his feelings.

Or it must be some kind of disease, you know like Gilles de la Tourette syndrom.
Or lack of education.

randman21
09-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Funny, I understood everything he said in this thread. :confused:

I honestly have no idea what you're saying.

He's saying that your reply to Oxy was exactly his point, but "you can't explain that to [some] people," because most are too quick to call racism at the slightest affront or unpleasantry (which is his main topic here).

Sipp, I can't say that I disagree with you. But I also can't say that you're not a racist. I never saw the whole thing about the Serbs, but if you hate them for something that happened in the past, you have good reason to hate just about every race we've got.

IamSam
09-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Hi Mr. Hutu, meet Mr. Tutsi! Mr. Hutu, why are you pulling out a machete?

And yes, 'antiracism' is just a fashion statement. That's why you see so many funny and snide t-shirts and slogans involving it.

sipptaroowsky
09-02-2009, 03:06 AM
Funny, I understood everything he said in this thread. :confused:

He's saying that your reply to Oxy was exactly his point, but "you can't explain that to [some] people," because most are too quick to call racism at the slightest affront or unpleasantry (which is his main topic here).

Sipp, I can't say that I disagree with you. But I also can't say that you're not a racist. I never saw the whole thing about the Serbs, but if you hate them for something that happened in the past, you have good reason to hate just about every race we've got.

Every single one of us has one social structure they don't like. And I am trying to say, actually I am saying it but it's not working that if you dislike one social structure then you are immediately tagged with the whole package, for example; I seriously hate the Serbs, but that doesn't mean I can't help a Serb who's trying to find a ticket for the show or a place to stay when he's here. I am saying that I was immediately tagged with everything, with racism, ethnic intolerance, religious intolerance. This thing stretches through out other threads. I'm saying that everyone is quick to judge and that race, ethnicity and other important subjects are simply a fashion symbol nowadays. Today everyone has this need to prove how tolerant they are, and for that often a target is needed, someone to make us feel better. I have no problems with me being that target, marked as racist, ethnically intolerant, of course we connect it all with education, youth, lack of love and all that things you repeatedly see on television, and over the media. As if anyone who pointed a finger at me and said „racist“ actually gave any thought to the matter. It is just a fashion symbol. And what I'm doing is exposing people for their shallowness, for their pretence and fakeness which holds roots in the western civilizations. If I'm called a racist for that, I might be, but I'm sick of all the lies, and I won’t be silent.

And I said actually nothing about race in the previous threads, nothing. It was how people get naked on the beach and how it's disgusting to see them naked on the coast, and how they are all German. And the Serbs well ,,, I dislike the Serbs, hate the Serbs. Serbs hate us too, there are no secrets here. But immediately a tag, racism. Which only proves that no one is taking any of these „problems“ seriously, but only using it to shine some light on them self’s.

And as if any of you would even try to understand why a Croatian would hate a Serb, you are far away from the problem.

And let's get one thing clear, I don't hate a race, ah ethnicity, a religion, I hate people. So I'm making no categories, I might be the most tolerant person on Earth, since there is hate for every person within me. I know exactly what some of you are gonna respond to this.

And even though I get seriously tipped off by some of the talks here, it’s mostly simple fun to discuss these things here, since when people are protected with a screen they tend to say how they really feel and “think”.

Jesus
09-02-2009, 03:16 AM

Um well not exactly, because if you make race the only factor then racism between humans doesn't actually exist. I think you mean skin color! ;)

I'm more in agreement with Oxygene. I also think the (sociological) concept of racism is evolving and covering more sides of intolerance/prejuduice than only the ones relating to skin color. Which isn't bad since none of the other words have such an effect as the word "racism", while the intolerance (sadly) is just the same and the goal is always the same too, namely to split mankind in different "races" based on some nonsense and then discriminate etc.

Oxygene
09-02-2009, 03:21 AM
Um well not exactly, because if you make race the only factor then racism between humans doesn't actually exist. I think you mean skin color! ;)

I'm more in agreement with Oxygene. I also think the (sociological) concept of racism is evolving and covering more sides of intolerance/prejuduice than only the ones relating to skin color. Which isn't bad since none of the other words have such an effect as the word "racism", while the intolerance (sadly) is just the same and the goal is always the same too, namely to split mankind in different "races" based on some nonsense and then discriminate etc.

I guess it's a European thing, if someone here said to someone else that the other guy is a racist 'cause he hates romanians it wouldn't be off the wall.. then again thinking of it deeply if someone said it in the states it would be like "huh?".

But I think the important part there is the principal at play... hating based on something a person did not and cannot choose.

That's the bottom line.

Jesus
09-02-2009, 03:37 AM
Probably recent history has a lot to do with it. Here most anti racism laws etc even include references to languages as a consequence of the complex situation between Dutch/French/German speaking Belgians. While "recent" US history is more or less black vs white I guess.

My dislike for the notion that racism only matters with skin color has probably also to do with our extreme right. Which in the past tried to write off claims of them being a xenofobic racist bunch by saying they weren't racist. Because they only were against Muslims, Francophones, gays etc and these people (according to them) aren't a race compared to blacks.

Llamas
09-02-2009, 06:57 AM
This thread is pathetic... sipp is just pissed that I said he's xenophobic for blindly hating Serbs and for what he's said about Germans. I never said he was racist, and I said nothing about religious intolerance.

And Randman made a good point. If you hate an entire population because of something they did in the past, you might as well hate EVERY nation. Every nation is responsible for doing something shitty at some point, and many nations have killed tons of people for no good reason. Yes, what Serbia did in the 90s was awful. But the country's entire population was not responsible. They had a fucked up government brainwashing its people. I've never met a Serb who was happy with what their country did in the 90s. Hating Serbs because of what happened in the 90s IS an example of xenophobia, straight up.

Is it popular and cool to be against xenophobia and racism? No, it's just logical. I've said some things in the past that were pretty xenophobic, especially regarding Austrians and the French (though I never hated either population). I've changed a lot since then and learned more about xenophobia, and wouldn't make claims that I used to make. When I said two years ago that French people were weird and that I didn't like Austrians, I was set straight.

And seriously, Sipp, where are you getting this "racist" thing from?? I never called you a racist! Yet you keep going on about being called a racist... that was NEVER said.

Little_Miss_1565
09-02-2009, 09:35 AM
I would personally love to live in a world where not being a xenophobic douche was fashionable.

Sipp, you're xenophobic. You admit this. Why the whingeing? Just because you believe something doesn't mean you have to broadcast it 24/7. Some days there is nothing I want to do more on these forums than tell many people exactly what I think of them. Sometimes, only sometimes, this is appropriate. Most of the time, however, it is not, and creating a thread to whinge about how my right to tell people that their mothers fed them lead paint as infants would be cause for great LOLz. This would not make me "racist" against stupid people, though. It would make me intolerant. But there is a certain amount of tolerance that you have to be able to at least fake in order to interact in society. Part of the social contract, amirite?

Anyway. Sipp, apparently you are tired of being judged by others for the way you judge others. The solution to this would probably be to not seek sympathy from those who won't be likely to give it on this subject.

ad8
09-02-2009, 11:01 AM
What a weird thread.

sipptaroowsky
09-02-2009, 12:38 PM
I guess it's a European thing, if someone here said to someone else that the other guy is a racist 'cause he hates romanians it wouldn't be off the wall.. then again thinking of it deeply if someone said it in the states it would be like "huh?".

But I think the important part there is the principal at play... hating based on something a person did not and cannot choose.

That's the bottom line.

Exactly, so I don't dislike those naked Germans on the seaside because of the way they're born, I dislike them because they CHOOSE to be naked here, just the naked Germans, not others. Just as you dislike all racist because you met he who you be leave am a racist, but you haven’t met all the racist though. Oh you’re gonna give me a swell response here, I can’t wait to read it.

I would personally love to live in a world where not being a xenophobic douche was fashionable.

Sipp, you're xenophobic. You admit this. Why the whingeing? Just because you believe something doesn't mean you have to broadcast it 24/7. Some days there is nothing I want to do more on these forums than tell many people exactly what I think of them. Sometimes, only sometimes, this is appropriate. Most of the time, however, it is not, and creating a thread to whinge about how my right to tell people that their mothers fed them lead paint as infants would be cause for great LOLz. This would not make me "racist" against stupid people, though. It would make me intolerant. But there is a certain amount of tolerance that you have to be able to at least fake in order to interact in society. Part of the social contract, amirite?

Anyway. Sipp, apparently you are tired of being judged by others for the way you judge others. The solution to this would probably be to not seek sympathy from those who won't be likely to give it on this subject.

Exactly, fake the tolerance. THat's exactly what everyone is doing, faking theyr racial, ethnic and religious tolerance. I'm not a xenophobe for hating a a country that prides herself in genocide.

Superdope
09-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Exactly, so I don't dislike those naked Germans on the seaside because of the way they're born, I dislike them because they CHOOSE to be naked here, just the naked Germans, not others.

So everything's dandy between you and the naked Italians?

Static_Martyr
09-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Exactly, so I don't dislike those naked Germans on the seaside because of the way they're born, I dislike them because they CHOOSE to be naked here, just the naked Germans, not others.

Honest question, though....are you saying that the fact that they're German has nothing to do with why you dislike them? By that, of course, I mean....if you saw other Germans somewhere else, doing something that you didn't find reprehensible (for example, not being naked), then you wouldn't have a problem with them?

EDIT: Also, if there were some other group of people --- say, Turks, or Bolivians, or Swedes --- who were running around naked in this same location with/instead of these Germans, then would you still have a problem with it?

If the answer to any of those is, "no, I wouldn't," then I guess I'm just curious: why say that you hate "Germans" when the reason you say you hate them has nothing inherently to do with the fact that they're German? Why not just say, "Gha, I hate nudists?" If you would say the same of any other "race" who did the same thing, then why mention the "race" or nationality at all?

sipptaroowsky
09-02-2009, 02:13 PM
So everything's dandy between you and the naked Italians?

I see what you're going for here, but all those people on the coast naked were German, if I saw naked Italyans on this beach where they're not allowed to be naked I'd dislike them too, but so far I didn't see them. however there are a lot of Italians here too, Slovenians too, I met a seriously nice Czech lady.

IamSam
09-02-2009, 02:23 PM
I met a seriously nice Czech lady.

So instead of race, you discriminate because she had nice boobs.

Sexist pig.

Sarcasm.

sipptaroowsky
09-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Honest question, though....are you saying that the fact that they're German has nothing to do with why you dislike them? By that, of course, I mean....if you saw other Germans somewhere else, doing something that you didn't find reprehensible (for example, not being naked), then you wouldn't have a problem with them?

EDIT: Also, if there were some other group of people --- say, Turks, or Bolivians, or Swedes --- who were running around naked in this same location with/instead of these Germans, then would you still have a problem with it?

If the answer to any of those is, "no, I wouldn't," then I guess I'm just curious: why say that you hate "Germans" when the reason you say you hate them has nothing inherently to do with the fact that they're German? Why not just say, "Gha, I hate nudists?" If you would say the same of any other "race" who did the same thing, then why mention the "race" or nationality at all?

I like that question.

I don't hate Germans. And I don't hate nudists. I just hate it how there are people who take of theyr clothes on beaches that are not meant for nudists. What if I was with my doather there, what would she feel when she'd saw a naked person on a beach. On the Rab island people have signed a petition against those beaches, since they are not nudist beaches, simple beaches but people against the law take of theyr clothes there, and they go for walks with theyr children there. But on that beach, I heard every single one of those nudist talk German, there were some 10 of them. Now you might want to be blind to this coincidance for the sake of some kind of tolerance, but it's a bit of a coincidance that all of those people, every single one of them, not one exception, were German.

I saw in the city people behaving badly, I saw some French people, some Slovenians and alot of Germans. They were teenagers swearing, yelling, being loud and what not. And I'm ok with that, I mean I dislike it, I wish they weren't that loud but they're on a vacation. But they didn't take of theyr clothes.

Am I really the only one who has a problem with public nudity?

Superdope
09-02-2009, 02:33 PM
If you would say the same of any other "race" who did the same thing, then why mention the "race" or nationality at all?

If you would say the same of any other "race" who did the same thing, then why mention the "race" or nationality at all?

This is of utmost importance.

sipptaroowsky
09-02-2009, 02:34 PM

Sexist pig.

Sarcasm.

I mean she was nice, she had a nice voice, she had a kid, and the kid played with my neace. and she sounded really nice. I didn't understand the word she sayd however, but I noticed she was nice. She was actually dressed very closed up, I didn't even look at her breasts.

sipptaroowsky
09-02-2009, 02:35 PM
This is of utmost importance.

becouse, there are no such things as coincidances, accidents. There are patterns of behaviour, and social structures, we all behave pretty much in the borders of our enviroment.

I love it how you repeated this three times, like you were a teacher or something. The first rule about fight club, "You do not talk about fight club" the second rule about fight club "YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB"

Llamas
09-02-2009, 02:46 PM
The fact remains that sipp judges based on nationality, when nationality shouldn't be a factor. This was the line of his original thread that upset me:

"And you're all supposed to be this „civilized“ west, so called Europe, and then you call us Balcanians?"

He was supposedly only talking about the few people he saw in his country that were naked, but did any of the naked Germans turn around and call you a Balcanian? Did they turn to you and call you uncivilized? This is the problem; every single German person doesn't consider their country to be amazingly civilized, and they don't all look down on other countries... what makes you think that these few naked people follow that line of thinking? In fact, I'm inclined to believe that, if they were in Croatia, they more than likely DON'T think Germany is so great or else they wouldn't be in Croatia. I don't travel to places that I dislike...

When I lived in Austria, I encountered several naked Italians. I didn't wanna see it, and it was definitely something that caught me off-guard... I just looked away, rather than getting mad at Italians for being naked.

Al Coholic
09-03-2009, 12:52 AM

Sexist pig.

Sarcasm.

I totally couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic untill you put that it was sarcastic.

BY THE WAY IM REALLY BEING SARCASTIC IN CASE YOU COULD NOT TELL THAT I WAS BEING SARCASTIC I WAS OK JUST TO CLARIFY SARCASM ENDS NOW.

Sin Studly
09-03-2009, 02:31 AM
Sipptaroowsky, I agree; I don't much like niggers either. Glad to know I'm not alone on that one.

sipptaroowsky
09-03-2009, 04:15 AM
The fact remains that sipp judges based on nationality, when nationality shouldn't be a factor. This was the line of his original thread that upset me:

"And you're all supposed to be this „civilized“ west, so called Europe, and then you call us Balcanians?"

He was supposedly only talking about the few people he saw in his country that were naked, but did any of the naked Germans turn around and call you a Balcanian? Did they turn to you and call you uncivilized? This is the problem; every single German person doesn't consider their country to be amazingly civilized, and they don't all look down on other countries... what makes you think that these few naked people follow that line of thinking? In fact, I'm inclined to believe that, if they were in Croatia, they more than likely DON'T think Germany is so great or else they wouldn't be in Croatia. I don't travel to places that I dislike...

When I lived in Austria, I encountered several naked Italians. I didn't wanna see it, and it was definitely something that caught me off-guard... I just looked away, rather than getting mad at Italians for being naked.

But you noticed they were all Italians, you see what I mean.

Sipptaroowsky, I agree; I don't much like niggers either. Glad to know I'm not alone on that one.

I like your sarcasm, however your signature proves my point about Serbia.

wheelchairman
09-03-2009, 04:31 AM
Either way Sipp, you're not going to get much understanding out of this. The culmination of ethnic tensions you have grown up with are generations behind for most people here.

Its easy for us to preach, but its unlikely anyone will really understand. Don't know why you desperately seek approval from people who cannot possibly understand though.

Llamas
09-03-2009, 04:36 AM
But you noticed they were all Italians, you see what I mean.

The problem isn't that you noticed they were Germans. That's not a problem at all. The problem is that you started saying things about Germany and all Germans based on the few you saw.

Harleyquiiinn
09-03-2009, 04:41 AM
The problem isn't that you noticed they were Germans. That's not a problem at all. The problem is that you started saying things about Germany and all Germans based on the few you saw.

Are you saying that Germans don't live naked ? I'm disappointed :(

wheelchairman
09-03-2009, 05:15 AM
Jeez llamas go easy on him. There was a period a few years ago where you were worse. I would've thought that would make you lighten up a bit, you know considering how you hated being bullied and all.

Llamas
09-03-2009, 05:20 AM
I hated that people provoked me to argue, and then went at me for being argumentative. I learned from people in the situations where I made generalizations. And I don't think it's fair to say I was worse; I never hated people based on where they were from, I just made a couple dumb generalizations.

wheelchairman
09-03-2009, 05:41 AM
I never got the impression that he actually hated Germans, just the Serbs. But I never read the whole German thing as it was quite boring.

And you really can't blame people for provoking you, that does take two participants. Although from my own observations you seem more willing to discuss things now than then. A lot of the debates on this board seem to reflect that if you weren't in them from the beginning, you certainly are to the end. This is not a criticism, just an observation.

IamSam
09-03-2009, 06:12 AM

I think this is under appreciated.

sipptaroowsky
09-03-2009, 06:46 AM
I hated that people provoked me to argue, and then went at me for being argumentative. I learned from people in the situations where I made generalizations. And I don't think it's fair to say I was worse; I never hated people based on where they were from, I just made a couple dumb generalizations.

Unfortunately I wasn't aware that I was being judged by a reformed person here, my comments might be better aimed if I knew, maybe I'd use your "past" against you. It has come to my attention that the more you reveal publically the more it will be used against you.

True I might be looking for recognition or understanding, but not to such a measure as I'm simply looking for some fun. To tell you the truth it makes me feel smarter when I see how some people respond to my threads, that's the main factor. Since I usually wouldn't want to burden my close people with my aggression, violence or whatever other unworldly views I might have, it is the simplest thing to look for conflict in such an open place, where it's obvious I'd get a lot of responses.

One thing I didn't predict is that I'd be called out as to have bad traits, like all those fancy words I've been described with. I never said I hated Germans or any other group of people other than Serbs. I hope that my children won’t hate Serbia, since that would mean that in the next 5-30 years Serbia wouldn't go on practicing genocide on Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina or some other neighbors. But I doubt my opinion will ever change about Serbs, maybe if someone I really cared about would try to convince me that they're as a group all right but...most of those I really care about have opened eyes and are historically educated so they understand what the word Srbin means. I hope that at least in my posts you can recognize honesty which is much more than I can say for yours, if this offends I apologize.

Any who „wheelchairman“ thank you for the sympathy, but I'd prefer if you weren’t so nobly motivated and not take my side here (I understand that you're going to say that you're not taking my side actually)

I continue preaching since it gives me moral and mental satisfaction that I openly debated issues which everyone avoids in attempt to make those issues go away, or simply to be blind to the facts.

And "Ilovelamas", could it be possibly that you're doing the same thing? But I hope that over time you'll understand that it is a lie, the things that you say to me. I have no problems if you are a racist or anty racist, if you hate my country, my race, or simply make this shallow distinctions, but I have problems if it's the truth or are you simply doing it to prove yourself to the outer public.

I got to say Oxy thinks much less then you when he writes. Not a compliment, and observation. With you it's more of a thought, with Oxy it's just a reflex, something he's been trained to do.

sipptaroowsky
09-03-2009, 06:53 AM
Actually, horizons are already as expanded as they can possibly be.

Your mind may have stretched, but the horizons have stayed the same. That s quite a fallacious retorical sentence you ve made there.

I wasn't actually speaking to you here, which gives me an impression that you're not really following this thematic, there for you are not exposed to all the facts, which proves you are not looking at this “problem” from all angles, so how can you be right if you neglected all the possible outcomes.

I apologize if my name-calling offended you, I was taken by the moment which is not my excuse or justification, simply an explanation, and regret.

Static_Martyr
09-03-2009, 01:57 PM
But on that beach, I heard every single one of those nudist talk German, there were some 10 of them. Now you might want to be blind to this coincidance for the sake of some kind of tolerance, but it's a bit of a coincidance that all of those people, every single one of them, not one exception, were German.

I just don't understand the need to correlate those two things (German-ness and a disobedience of law). Unless you mean to imply that this small group of Germans (let's assume that they are all indeed German) somehow represents the vast majority of Germans, then there really isn't much to correlate --- the basic fact would remain that it really IS somewhat of a coincidence --- "I met six people who were total jerkasses, and they all happened to be from America." It works with any group of people, race, nationality, sex, creed, and so on and so forth, which sort of cheapens your analogy.

Personally, if I was walking down the street and saw random naked people? I would be quite amused. I mean, the odds are pretty good that I wouldn't actually want to look at them directly, but just the novelty of the whole thing would keep me amused, I think :D

Then again, I live in a very small town and that would be particularly odd here; it's not like one of those bigger cities where you get more used to the occasional weird stuff happening (just due to the sheer diversity of the expanded population).

But no, it doesn't "offend" me or piss me off, particularly. Sure, there are laws against it, and it's usually unpleasant, but IMO there are FAR worse problems in our society (speaking of America in particular here) that I feel the need to save my anger for. Maybe it's a cultural thing, I dunno....not trying to sound holier-than-thou or anything, I just really have no experience with being offended by that sort of thing. I've always considered myself kind of hard to offend, though 0.0

becouse, there are no such things as coincidances, accidents. There are patterns of behaviour, and social structures, we all behave pretty much in the borders of our enviroment.

I don't think it's accurate to say there are NO coincidences; I think there are plenty. At the same time, I think it's important (from a purely scientific standpoint) to be able to distinguish between coincidence and connection. If a group of people act a certain way, and that group of people all have something in common, I just don't see how it makes sense to IMMEDIATELY label all people who share that trait (i.e. they're all German, in your case, or maybe they're all American, or they all play Dungeons and Dragons or something) as having that same behavioral issue. I understand the desire to identify the cause of the behavior, but in this case I think the judgment with regard to their "Germanity*" was made prematurely and without enough information (based solely on what you've said so far); you took a small amount of information about a very small group of people, and using the first common denominator between them (their nationality), you (IMO unfairly) projected the behaviors of that small group of people onto all Germans. To me, there is no clear connection between the behavior and the nationality here; even if all of the offending personell DID have a nationality in common, that doesn't establish a link between the nationality and the behavior --- there is nothing you've shown that points to the nationality as a CAUSE for the behavior --- and so the only other justification I can see is that there is another reason you have chosen to identify them as Germans for the purpose of this generalization. Am I off base, here?

*=I just made this word up, sorry :o

sipptaroowsky
09-03-2009, 02:45 PM
But on that beach, I heard every single one of those nudist talk German, there were some 10 of them. Now you might want to be blind to this coincidance for the sake of some kind of tolerance, but it's a bit of a coincidance that all of those people, every single one of them, not one exception, were German.

I just don't understand the need to correlate those two things (German-ness and a disobedience of law). Unless you mean to imply that this small group of Germans (let's assume that they are all indeed German) somehow represents the vast majority of Germans, then there really isn't much to correlate --- the basic fact would remain that it really IS somewhat of a coincidence --- "I met six people who were total jerkasses, and they all happened to be from America." It works with any group of people, race, nationality, sex, creed, and so on and so forth, which sort of cheapens your analogy.

Personally, if I was walking down the street and saw random naked people? I would be quite amused. I mean, the odds are pretty good that I wouldn't actually want to look at them directly, but just the novelty of the whole thing would keep me amused, I think :D

Then again, I live in a very small town and that would be particularly odd here; it's not like one of those bigger cities where you get more used to the occasional weird stuff happening (just due to the sheer diversity of the expanded population).

But no, it doesn't "offend" me or piss me off, particularly. Sure, there are laws against it, and it's usually unpleasant, but IMO there are FAR worse problems in our society (speaking of America in particular here) that I feel the need to save my anger for. Maybe it's a cultural thing, I dunno....not trying to sound holier-than-thou or anything, I just really have no experience with being offended by that sort of thing. I've always considered myself kind of hard to offend, though 0.0

I don't think it's accurate to say there are NO coincidences; I think there are plenty. At the same time, I think it's important (from a purely scientific standpoint) to be able to distinguish between coincidence and connection. If a group of people act a certain way, and that group of people all have something in common, I just don't see how it makes sense to IMMEDIATELY label all people who share that trait (i.e. they're all German, in your case, or maybe they're all American, or they all play Dungeons and Dragons or something) as having that same behavioral issue. I understand the desire to identify the cause of the behavior, but in this case I think the judgment with regard to their "Germanity*" was made prematurely and without enough information (based solely on what you've said so far); you took a small amount of information about a very small group of people, and using the first common denominator between them (their nationality), you (IMO unfairly) projected the behaviors of that small group of people onto all Germans. To me, there is no clear connection between the behavior and the nationality here; even if all of the offending personell DID have a nationality in common, that doesn't establish a link between the nationality and the behavior --- there is nothing you've shown that points to the nationality as a CAUSE for the behavior --- and so the only other justification I can see is that there is another reason you have chosen to identify them as Germans for the purpose of this generalization. Am I off base, here?

*=I just made this word up, sorry :o

I like it when someone make so much effort in making a statement.

The thing is, this is not the first time that I'm to the Croatian coast, and it's not the first time that I saw naked Germans here, but it's the first time that I'm old enough to connect all those in to a pattern of behaviour. Maybe I'm wrong here, I don't know, maybe, but I seriously doubt I am. All the naked people I ever saw on the Croatian coast are eather 0-3 year old children or German. How can that be a coincidance, I'm not making this up.

Static_Martyr
09-03-2009, 03:28 PM
My point was, though....what if there were 6000 Germans that were all naked at that point instead of 10? That still doesn't change that there is no apparent link between the Nakedness and the German-ness....what I was asking was, what about the fact that they were German *caused* them to behave that way?

In other words....what about the fact that they were German caused them to decide to get naked (in a way that was against the law), as opposed to if they had been French or Vietnamese (or some other nationality) instead? You must have *something* in mind, or am I mistaken?

sipptaroowsky
09-04-2009, 02:37 AM
My point was, though....what if there were 6000 Germans that were all naked at that point instead of 10? That still doesn't change that there is no apparent link between the Nakedness and the German-ness....what I was asking was, what about the fact that they were German *caused* them to behave that way?

In other words....what about the fact that they were German caused them to decide to get naked (in a way that was against the law), as opposed to if they had been French or Vietnamese (or some other nationality) instead? You must have *something* in mind, or am I mistaken?

Something, ok all right. So you really wouldn't find it weird that some 6000 Germans would take their clothes of in a foreign country and not their own a little weird, you wouldn’t connect that in to a pattern of behavior. You wouldn't have guessed that maybe they were thought in their environment that it is all right to do so? You really wouldn't notice that they all are German?

Whooow, that's not exemplary, that's blindness on the count of tolerance. I apologize if I offended by this.

Free?
09-04-2009, 02:59 AM
Holy shit, they are among us! http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37425

Static_Martyr
09-04-2009, 04:30 AM
Something, ok all right. So you really wouldn't find it weird that some 6000 Germans would take their clothes of in a foreign country and not their own a little weird, you wouldn’t connect that in to a pattern of behavior. You wouldn't have guessed that maybe they were thought in their environment that it is all right to do so? You really wouldn't notice that they all are German?

There's a difference between noticing that they are all German and labeling them based on that. What I don't understand is how the fact that they are German (even if they all have that in common) is in any way relevant to the fact that they're doing what they're doing.

Perhaps an easier way to phrase it would be.....are you willing to acknowledge that there is a significant percentage (a vast majority, even) of the German population that does NOT participate in that sort of behavior? Or do you believe that EVERY SINGLE German does that? If it's the former, then how can you justify stereotyping Germans based on this incident? If it's the latter, then what evidence do you have to show that ALL Germans act that way?

wheelchairman
09-04-2009, 06:11 AM
Don't worry Sipp, I wasn't sympathizing with you, I don't even agree with you. I guess what you could say is that I'm *not* judging you.

sipptaroowsky
09-04-2009, 06:19 AM
There's a difference between noticing that they are all German and labeling them based on that. What I don't understand is how the fact that they are German (even if they all have that in common) is in any way relevant to the fact that they're doing what they're doing.

I have been explaining this for the past week.

Perhaps an easier way to phrase it would be.....are you willing to acknowledge that there is a significant percentage (a vast majority, even) of the German population that does NOT participate in that sort of behavior? Or do you believe that EVERY SINGLE German does that? If it's the former, then how can you justify stereotyping Germans based on this incident? If it's the latter, then what evidence do you have to show that ALL Germans act that way?

I'm willing to acknowledge that, yes indeed. Just as I'm willing to acknowledge that if one person per million is going to take their clothes of on this coast, then that person is MOST LIKELY (not 100 percent though) going to be German.

No one here is blaming entire German population, that's why the thread is named Naked Germans, not Germans. I think you'll never accept the fact that majority of people are simply the victims of their environment.

Look, you can go on convincing me this or that, but all you are doing is justifying yourself. And you are proving no point.

I must say that these conversations have gone from fun to tiring, I apologize that I won’t participate in them anymore so intensely, I feel defeated, BAH. Thank you for taking time and reading my messages.

sipptaroowsky
09-04-2009, 06:27 AM
I've been meaning to ask this for two days and I always forget. How do I change my status from „Senior member“ in to „professional discriminator“ I'm thinking of „professional racist“ but I’m also ethnically and religiously intolerant. Also if someone can think of some name that would sum up racism, ethnic intolerance, religious intolerance, discrimination toward urban people, languages and clothing styles I’d appreciate it very much. I'm using it as sarcasm of course but I doubt I can convince anyone of that. Do I need more posts or...?

wheelchairman
09-04-2009, 06:37 AM
Please use the ordinary font, and you can edit that under "user cp" -> "Edit your details"

Vera
09-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Publically announcing yourself as a racist or a xenophobic, even as a sarcastic statement, is never a good idea, because going by your posts, you're not God's gift to the anti-racist movements or worlwide tolerance, so calling yourself a racist is only going to make people go "wow, that dude's a blatant racist!" when you say something idiotic (even when you don't mean to say something racist).

Bringing that interpretation to the table under your name is shooting yourself in the foot.

If you spend so much time lamenting on nude Germans, think this one through as well.

Static_Martyr
09-04-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm willing to acknowledge that, yes indeed. Just as I'm willing to acknowledge that if one person per million is going to take their clothes of on this coast, then that person is MOST LIKELY (not 100 percent though) going to be German.

If you believe that, then of course there's not much more I can say to add to this. But let me point out that there are a TON of nudist colonies all over the world, and although I'm sure that there are Germans at several of them, I sincerely doubt (just from the sheer mathematics of the whole deal) that even *most* of them are German. It just seems to me that, because of where you live, you seem more likely to encounter naked Germans as opposed to, say, naked Swedes or naked Arabs. Just saying.

And one last time....I still think that, if you mean to say that you have a problem with the people who come to your town/city/area/etc. and get naked against the law (as opposed to being "racist" against Germans altogether), then there's really no need to classify them by nationality. What confuses me (and most people, I can only assume) is that you SAY you don't like them because they did something wrong/against the law....but then the way you refer to them when you say that implies that you don't like them because of their race/ethnicity/nationality/what-have-you. When you say, "damn naked Germans," people are going to assume that you chose the words "naked" and "German" to specifically describe the people you don't approve of. I mean, if I knew a group of girls who came into my work and did things that I thought were wrong, illegal, or even just plain rude, and I said, "Damn stupid white girls" just because they were all white, that would give people the impression that their "whiteness" was one of their features that bothered me. Do you understand why that makes your point confusing?

No one here is blaming entire German population, that's why the thread is named Naked Germans, not Germans. I think you'll never accept the fact that majority of people are simply the victims of their environment.

Well, I'd prefer to avoid making snap judgments about a statistical, hypothetical "majority" of people, to be perfectly honest. In any case, the point of what I was saying was that you were unfairly judging Germans by saying that they (as Germans and for no other reason) are somehow more likely to act that way just because you saw some Germans acting that way.

If it makes it any clearer....that would be just as inaccurate as if I --- living in an area of the US that is heavily populated by blacks/African Americans --- were to say that, because I see that a lot of the people around here who are arrested for violent crimes are black, that means that black people are somehow "more likely" to be criminals than white people in the same area. Do you see why that just doesn't make sense, mathematically?

It's not that I blame you, necessarily; it is an easy mistake to make. It would just give me a little more faith in your position if you could accept that it IS a mathematical mistake. It just doesn't follow to say that "I saw [X race] doing [Y activity] a lot, therefore [X race] is more likely to do [Y activity] than any other race" --- there is nothing to show that the fact that they are German has *anything to do* with their behavior, other than correlation (which proves nothing at all). I mean, this isn't a moral issue, it's simple math.

Look, you can go on convincing me this or that, but all you are doing is justifying yourself. And you are proving no point.

I'm not really trying to "convince" you of anything, I'm just laying out my opinion on what you said (which is what I assumed you were asking people to do when you made a topic about it). It's your choice to take it or leave it, of course, and I don't plan to fight you about it either way.

IamSam
09-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Are any of the mods German?

Free?
09-06-2009, 04:38 AM
Are any of the mods German?

As far as I know, no... Except the suspicious one who likes German techno *hint hint*.

Llamas
09-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Hold on just one minute! I was in the tour talk section, and saw a thread made by sipp in May... I smell something fishy:

So, here is my official invite. I invite everyone to come to this miserable shit of a city for this glorious event. I live some 100km away from this shit hole so I'm gonna travel by train to there. It's about an hour and a half. [...] I don't think I can make any of my friends host you, since we're all pretty much xenophobes. If anybody is planning to stay in that horse maneuver house of Zagreb I can look up some hotels and I think we recently got a hostel there, which is cheaper.

Not only does he bash the capital of his country which he has been praising non-stop in this thread and in the "Naked Germans" thread, but check out that bolded sentence. He called himself and his friends xenophobes, which is EXACTLY what he got upset about me calling him.

I'd gotten over this mess, but I call a big "wtf??" at this.

wheelchairman
09-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Self-deprecating humor and sarcasm.

sipptaroowsky
09-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Self-deprecating humor and sarcasm.

I think he\she's pretending he\she doesn't get it

Llamas
09-07-2009, 04:42 AM
It was a joke? Well it sure wasn't funny... and as Ragdoll said earlier, it's not a very good idea to brand yourself with labels like that...

wheelchairman
09-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Perhaps, but how does that justify you digging through his old posts in order for you to quote something that will be out of context anyways? That doesn't make any sense.

Llamas
09-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Perhaps, but how does that justify you digging through his old posts in order for you to quote something that will be out of context anyways? That doesn't make any sense.

Why are you so out to get me? Why are you accusing me of digging through old posts and trying to pin him on something? I already said I was in the tour section and reading a few threads there, which I periodically do, and saw this post of his in a thread about the Offspring playing in Croatia (which was a show I really wanted to go to but couldn't afford currently :( ) I stumbled across it and was very surprised/shocked that he called himself that so shortly before this ordeal.

wheelchairman
09-07-2009, 09:20 AM
I'm not out to get you, you're just the only other person posting in this debate aside from Sipp. And the digging comment came from the fact that you said his post was made in May, which was like 5 months ago, so not so recently in my opinion.

It's still a post taken out of context and one that does not really add anything to this debate. It just seemed like an unnecessary low-blow.

Llamas
09-07-2009, 09:25 AM
I'm not out to get you, you're just the only other person posting in this debate aside from Sipp. And the digging comment came from the fact that you said his post was made in May, which was like 5 months ago, so not so recently in my opinion.

It's still a post taken out of context and one that does not really add anything to this debate. It just seemed like an unnecessary low-blow.

First of all, a lot of people posted in this debate - I was just one of the three who were there from the beginning.

Furthermore, yeah the thread was made in May, but it's been posted in as recently as today (it was at the top of the tour talk section when I went in there).

Finally, I didn't know it was supposed to be funny... it seemed fully relevant to me. And I did post the context, so it wasn't out of context.

IamSam
09-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Like O M G...DRAMA!

Llamas
09-07-2009, 09:44 AM
ilovedramas :P

sipptaroowsky
09-07-2009, 10:32 AM
now you see how it is to be misunderstood? atleast you can joke on your own account, you know, embrace the lie and just go with it, I'm telling oyu, it's fun

Static_Martyr
09-07-2009, 10:43 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm proud of my racism:

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo237/SuperMario44/350ZRaceCar.jpg

I race like, every chance I get :D I love to race.

sipptaroowsky
09-07-2009, 01:29 PM
bicycles are hte way to go

bookmarkmaster
09-07-2009, 01:41 PM

Superdope
09-07-2009, 02:09 PM

This sounds awfully familiar...

Static_Martyr
09-07-2009, 02:41 PM
This sounds awfully familiar...

I think somebody posted it earlier somewhere.

Superdope
09-07-2009, 02:53 PM
I think somebody posted it earlier somewhere.

Nah, it can't be. That would be pretty pathetic.

Free?
09-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Nah, it can't be. That would be pretty pathetic.

Perhaps he mastered bookmarking, but quoting is yet to learn.

sipptaroowsky
09-08-2009, 12:25 PM
hm, I saw earlyer some "Doctor" speaking some "enlightened" stuff, and he\she\it had only a few posts, so I guessed that that profile was created just to coment, I gues someone who made it didn't want to expose it's true identity, but that's what internet is all about, talking shit and not suffering the counciquences (sorry for the iliteracy, I don't have msword o nthis pc)

Rooster
09-08-2009, 02:10 PM
...but that's what internet is all about, talking shit and not suffering the counciquences...

Tell that to Renato...

Jesus
09-09-2009, 05:59 AM
Perhaps he mastered bookmarking, but quoting is yet to learn.
Hehe. Quite a nice way of spamming though.