PDA

View Full Version : Artist Of The Month, September '09: D-TOX

ad8
09-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Alright guys, here's the new AotM. Enjoy:)
Intro -
D-TOX are an upcoming punk band highly tipped for success, after a few line up changes the band have been settled now for two years and have a debut album due for release in the summer of 2009. veterans on the midlands scene D-TOX are starting to spread their 'catchy cheap cheerful violent' punk rock mayhem across the nation. regulars and loved by local radio stations there fan base is ever growing and trust me when i say it's not a 'wasted' experience when you see them live...they put on a brilliant show! by - independant reviewer

Musical Style - punk/rock

Musical Background -we are heavily influenced by bands such as the offspring, pennywise, the vandals, nofx, sr-71 etc and the whole oc scene we have a few gigs coming up and have just started booking again... 3 massive gigs for us are supporting uk punk legends SHAM 69, orange county punkers TOTAL CHAOS and the ever hardcore peter and the testube babies

Links - http://www.myspace.com/dtoxrockers

http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk130/dtoxrockers/?action=view&current=d-tox1.jpg (http://myspace.com/dtoxrockers)
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk130/dtoxrockers/d-tox1.jpg
http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk130/dtoxrockers/?action=view&current=d-tox2.jpg

ad8
09-01-2009, 01:05 PM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk130/dtoxrockers/d-tox2.jpg

http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk130/dtoxrockers/?action=view&current=sham69flyers.jpghttp://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk130/dtoxrockers/sham69flyers.jpg

Sefalobe_theoffspring
09-01-2009, 01:10 PM
I Vote for Carajo From Buenos Aires, Argentina!!!!

Carajo!!!!!

Thanks

Bye
Bye
Bye

ad8
09-01-2009, 01:15 PM
So, first personal post in this.
You guys really deserved this! Your music rocks and you keep supplying us with news about the band for ages. I'm eagerly awaiting the album!:)

Blitz!
09-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Congrats :)

I have been a fan of your music for a while now, Forbidden & You Can't Save The World being my favourites. Is your debut album going to have an international release because I would love to get my hands on a copy. If not, maybe you could tell me where I can import it from?

offspringer24
09-01-2009, 01:28 PM
thanks dudes!!!!! its doubtful being our first album it will be an international release (probably just local), but i have sent our album to ad to put download links up for a short while so you guys can download the album for free :)

sorry we dont have any real artwork yet...we do but there are disputes over which we are using.

we will be releasing the album via hmv/ i-tunes etc the norm so even after you already downloaded it here you can still buy it :D :confused:

the album is now s/t after many possible album name ideas including: 'ginto' 'the uk's burning' and 'forbidden'

thanks again guys and look forward to your reviews/comment :)

Blitz!
09-01-2009, 01:40 PM
I just saw the links ... thanks man :)
Self Title is a good way to go for a debut album, but I believe you should call it Forbidden ;)

Superdope
09-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Forbidden is also my favorite of yours.

offspringer24
09-01-2009, 02:38 PM
thanks, well i think my faves (although it changes weekly) are 'the truth', 'about time' and 'now you're gone' :)

Free?
09-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Gratz, D-Tox, you've been around for forever and I only heard like 2 of your songs. Downloading the rest as posting this message.

About aotm candidates. I'd like to remind that they're supposed to be your band not just one from your country, or your friend's band, or the band you're in love with. You know, it would suck big time if by some conspiratorial magic some band will win the poll and that band wouldn't even care, share their thoughts and even know about it.

4/8 songs downloaded :).
edit: actually 7/12 :)

ernesto88
09-01-2009, 04:57 PM
i hope CARAJO win!:) it's a great band!
here a song "joder" (fuck)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpZzaVPICoY

ernesto88
09-01-2009, 05:22 PM
here others songs of carajo

smells like spirit (cover)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-58P34dsV4&feature=related

la carne (video clip)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axMCw1GXOXc

joder (fuck)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCjEkJ5sBX0

sacate la mierda
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv9L6ZsmJMk&feature=related

zion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thDhY4mJKVA&feature=related

Superdope
09-02-2009, 02:17 AM
Again, what Free? said, it's supposed to be your band.

Llamas
09-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Wow, I'm really disappointed that this band is getting featured as aotm. The user's entire existence at the bbs has been incredibly selfish. I mean, the "check out my band!!! www.myspace.com/dtoxrockers" meme exists for a reason... they don't contribute to the bbs other than to whore their own band. They don't listen to anyone else's music or post in other forums... yeah.

Free?
09-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Wow, I'm really disappointed that this band is getting featured as aotm. The user's entire existence at the bbs has been incredibly selfish. I mean, the "check out my band!!! www.myspace.com/dtoxrockers" meme exists for a reason... they don't contribute to the bbs other than to whore their own band. They don't listen to anyone else's music or post in other forums... yeah.

The worse things are yet to come...

ad8
09-02-2009, 01:39 PM

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you here. There were quite a few threads where he posted his opinion about other your band artists, he participated in the first two mixtapes and as far as I know, he posts in GOD, too. That's enough to be called a normal part of the your band community in my opinion.

Gratz, D-Tox, you've been around for forever and I only heard like 2 of your songs. Downloading the rest as posting this message.

About aotm candidates. I'd like to remind that they're supposed to be your band not just one from your country, or your friend's band, or the band you're in love with. You know, it would suck big time if by some conspiratorial magic some band will win the poll and that band wouldn't even care, share their thoughts and even know about it.

4/8 songs downloaded :).
edit: actually 7/12 :)

Again, what Free? said, it's supposed to be your band.
I had similar thoughts when I saw the development of the poll after only one day... we'll have to keep discussing this here so that only real "your band"-artists get this award.

offspringer24
09-02-2009, 01:47 PM

dude, this was like 5 years ago when i joined, being naieve....get over it!

Blitz!
09-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Sorry, but I have to disagree with you here. There were quite a few threads where he posted his opinion about other your band artists, he participated in the first two mixtapes and as far as I know, he posts in GOD, too. That's enough to be called a normal part of the your band community in my opinion.

I second this, I have seen him in GOD a few times and I know that he has opened one or two thread as well.

Offspring24 ... which dude are you in your promo picture?

Side note: I find it in bad taste for members to come into the AotM thread and promote other bands. There is a reason those bands aren't AotM, they didn't win in the poll. Also, I don't find it necessary to announce in the AotM thread who you voted for, in the following month. Just vote and leave if you have nothing else to add about the current AotM.

offspringer24
09-02-2009, 02:07 PM
I second this, I have seen him in GOD a few times and I know that he has opened one or two thread as well.

Offspring24 ... which dude are you in your promo picture?

Side note: I find it in bad taste for members to come into the AotM thread and promote other bands. There is a reason those bands aren't AotM, they didn't win in the poll. Also, I don't find it necessary to announce in the AotM thread who you voted for, in the following month. Just vote and leave if you have nothing else to add about the current AotM.

the singer, danger mouse t-shirt :)

thanks dude :)

Blitz!
09-02-2009, 02:13 PM
the singer, danger mouse t-shirt :)

thanks dude :)

Cool ... it always great to put a face to a username :)

Llamas
09-02-2009, 02:56 PM
You know what, I apologize and take it back. The problem is that this guy has such a generic username that I've never noticed him outside of talking about D-Tox. I looked up his posting history and saw that he posts in GC and GOD plenty. Carry on...

Free?
09-02-2009, 06:02 PM
So I've listened 3 times to your songs, D-Tox. They're quite solid and fun to listen and ... shame on you for being lazyass and not putting in the song titles! :)

T-6005
09-02-2009, 06:10 PM
D-Tox is a solid band, and you guys deserve to have your hard work pay off.

offspringer24
09-03-2009, 04:53 AM
So I've listened 3 times to your songs, D-Tox. They're quite solid and fun to listen and ... shame on you for being lazyass and not putting in the song titles! :)

:D sorry dude, ad8 put them on op for me though :) glad they gave you some enjoyment :)

offspringer24
09-03-2009, 02:05 PM
HEY, great news... our newest song and the last on the album is to be aired tonight on bbc radio wm 95.6fm uk

you can listen worldwide live from 10pm gmt online @ bbc.co.uk/radiowm (i think)

thanks agin for this guys :)

ad8
09-03-2009, 02:12 PM
HEY, great news... our newest song and the last on the album is to be aired tonight on bbc radio wm 95.6fm uk

you can listen worldwide live from 10pm gmt online @ bbc.co.uk/radiowm (i think)

thanks agin for this guys :)

Wow, that's great! It's good to hear that you guys made it on the radio again:)

offspringer24
09-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Wow, that's great! It's good to hear that you guys made it on the radio again:)

thanks dude, ive been told could be about played about 23.10pm (bout 20mins from now)

they were really buzzing about the song and im hoping this one will make national radio stations :D

Free?
09-04-2009, 03:04 AM
Does someone have an audio rip?
:D \o/

offspringer24
09-04-2009, 06:37 AM
Does someone have an audio rip?
:D \o/

hey, you can listen to the show again on the bbc iplayer radio wm 'listen again' will be up for a week.

we had some excellent feedback by quite a few listeners which was really cool, thanks again for your support guys :)

ad8
09-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Alright, this took way too long but I was very busy last week.
So I've listened to the album and took care of each song. Here's my "review":

1. The UK's Burning

A good and damn catchy opening song

2. The Truth

I think this is my favourite song of the album. I love the chorus and the metal-esque bridge.

3. Waste Of Time

This is a slower one but it doesn't have less energy. I like the bass and the lead guitar in this one.

4. Forbidden

Well, this is one of your classics. Damn, I know this one for about 3 years now, I think.
And it still rocks as much as it did on the first listen.

5. About Time

Another great song with great, catchy vocals and loads of energy(especially the guitar).
It's a typical song to shout along.

6. So Alone

The vocals in the beginning and in the following verses are a bit too loud in my opinion.
But the chorus and the third verse are great.

7. Fall Into Me

Start headbanging! I wouldn't have expected this kind of song on your album, but it brings
some diversity. I don't love metal, but this one song won't destroy the album - it's rather quite the contrary.

8. Get Off

Another song with a slight metal touch;) The main riff is catchy as usual, and so are the chorus vocals.

9. You Can't Save The World

This one sounds even faster and "more punk" after the two slower songs before.
Great energy + great guitars + great vocals + great bass + great drums = Great song!:)
(This is one of those songs that will be burned in your head for quite some time once you heard them - super catchy:D)

10. Wasted

Another cool song with the trade mark D-Tox sound. What's that sound in the beginning?

11. Silent Sigh

I like this one, too. The guitar sound reminds me of Bad Religion's Anesthesia. Anyway, this is a great song!

12. Now You're Gone

Wow, this grand finish REALLY surprised me. I wouldn't have expected this kind of song although I like it.
This is a really relaxing one (probably because of the strings). I enjoy the general atmosphere and... the solos!
Your guitarist and bassist did a great job there!

So, this is a great debut album with a professional sound quality... I hope you are going to go for a second one!:)

Free?
09-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Um guys. The poll should, no, must be fixed. Since all the fuss started with ad8 being TOO responsible, honest and trustful when he included Carajo in there, where it (now it's clear) doesn't belong, the poll isn't valid anymore and that's a lesson, which Adrian shouldn't ignore. So it either should, no, must be reseted without Carajo option, or the Argentinian band should, no, must be just removed. Either way something must, no, MUST be done!

And as Adrian mentioned, your bassist, D-Tox, isn't one of those who stays in shadows. He's a front-liner bassist type.

ad8
09-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Um guys. The poll should, no, must be fixed. Since all the fuss started with ad8 being TOO responsible, honest and trustful when he included Carajo in there, where it (now it's clear) doesn't belong, the poll isn't valid anymore and that's a lesson, which Adrian shouldn't ignore. So it either should, no, must be reseted without Carajo option, or the Argentinian band should, no, must be just removed. Either way something must, no, MUST be done!

And as Adrian mentioned, your bassist, D-Tox, isn't one of those who stays in shadows. He's a front-liner bassist type.

I don't think the poll has to be reset in case that there is no one who voted for Carajo, not knowing that they don't belong into Your Band and now wanting to vote for someone else. Is this the case?

Free?
09-09-2009, 02:18 PM
I don't think the poll has to be reset in case that there is no one who voted for Carajo, not knowing that they don't belong into Your Band and now wanting to vote for someone else. Is this the case?

That would be a fine solution if you ask me. If Carajo gets removed and those who voted for it can vote again that is.

holland25
09-10-2009, 03:24 AM
I couldn't decide between Mike, Ricky and Karin, but I voted for DaPantz. Go, Ricky, go!

Llamas
09-10-2009, 04:33 AM
I couldn't decide between Mike, Ricky and Karin, but I voted for DaPantz. Go, Ricky, go!

Nobody has voted for me :( I'll neeeeever be aotm... h8 lyf [/wrists]

I voted for Mike.

coke_a_holic
09-10-2009, 10:06 AM
I voted for Kodos.

nieh
09-10-2009, 11:07 AM
I voted for I Voted for Kodos.