PDA

View Full Version : Plagiarism!!! Ранетки.

TeeKO
09-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Expensive Offspring! To begin with I will apologise for my bad English. I ASK to READ up UP TO THE END!!! You one of my favourite groups and consequently I should tell to you about plagiarism of your music!!! We had a pop group "ранетки", which completely plagiarising your music! Video which you will see more low - the ORIGINAL!!! I very much ask you, bring an action against them, they scoff at your creativity!!!

Давайте пацаны, надерите им задницу. Я в вас верю...

see!! Plagiarism!!! === >>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvJ5X5__rkE

Harleyquiiinn
09-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Hi to you Teeko and welcome here ! :)

I don't agree with you about the plagiarism

here is the original song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmOfbQ45bY4

Now everybody can make up their mind about it, but I'm always careful when someone accuses someone else of plagiarism... actually my very first post on that BBS was about that question...

As I said back then, it's "only" some part of the songs that have to be similar but the global impression given by both songs in their integrality must be similar...

That is why showing "vs" videos to demonstrate a plagiarism is not honest in my point of view, and after listening to the original song, I don't think at all that this band rips off the Offspring...

PS: the good section for these kind of messages is General Offspring discussion :)

dff_punk
09-07-2009, 02:35 PM
I believe this thing was brought up before at some point.

TeeKO
09-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Many thanks for the inquiry. Simply as the admirer, I as soon as have learnt about it, could tell about it. You at all do not represent as all of us hate this the moron group "ранетки". So these villains also raise at our idols. Once again I apologise for my English.

Free?
09-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Harley, something tells me that if you'd check these girls' discography, you'd find out that they have loads of others "ripoffs", which would strengthen TeeKO's point.

P.S:Expensive Offspring :D

Harleyquiiinn
09-08-2009, 12:59 AM
Many thanks for the inquiry. Simply as the admirer, I as soon as have learnt about it, could tell about it. You at all do not represent as all of us hate this the moron group "ранетки". So these villains also raise at our idols. Once again I apologise for my English.

I didn't want to be rude TeekO I hope you didn't take my message wrong... what I mean is that by listening the 2 songs in a whole, I don't think that it rips off Pretty Fly and that a legal action would end up telling that it does. And in the end, what I say doesn't matter, it's the band's choice to take an action or not :D

Free and TeekO> I have no doubt that it is not the only band, I saw something about the Rolling stones and that same band that I didn't listen... I should to make my own idea... but for this precise song vs. Pretty Fly, I definitely see a resemblance but no ripping off... :)

holland25
09-08-2009, 02:43 AM
Expensive Offspring!

I don't know why, but I find this extremely funny.

Oxygene
09-08-2009, 02:54 AM

In Hungarian expensive and dear are the same words

drága

you could start a letter saying

Drága Offspring...

Harleyquiiinn
09-08-2009, 02:56 AM

drága

Drága Offspring...

Same thing in french... except it's not Draga but "cher"

holland25
09-08-2009, 03:44 AM

drága

Drága Offspring...

It's the same in Slovak. Drahý.

slagod
09-08-2009, 03:49 AM
drogi offspringu :)

randman21
09-08-2009, 03:55 AM
lolz. That's so crazy. Now I understand.

Llamas
09-08-2009, 04:04 AM
oh that's hilarious! I was so confused by "expensive offspring!" I love it. :)

Rutegard
09-08-2009, 02:11 PM
It's the same in Slovak. Drahý.

same thing here :P

Harleyquiiinn
09-08-2009, 02:14 PM
oh that's hilarious! I was so confused by "expensive offspring!" I love it. :)

yeah for some reason, it didn't confuse me because I did that same mistake when I was learning english... the comment from my teacher was "at least, you tried to use a dictionnary..."

TeekO, come back ! I didn't want to scare you away :(

MAXTER
09-10-2009, 12:04 AM

Really Funny! :D:D

Llamas
09-10-2009, 12:45 PM
I just recalled that "dear" can mean "expensive" in English too because I've heard Ciaran use it... must be an Irish thing.

Harleyquiiinn
09-10-2009, 12:51 PM
I just recalled that "dear" can mean "expensive" in English too because I've heard Ciaran use it... must be an Irish thing.

Expensive Ilovellamas,

I didn't know that, it's interesting, but it does make sense in every language when you think of it... when someone is dear, it means he has a lot of value to you... so I guess it might have become a tradition, in the english language, to use "dear" for people, and expensive for things... ethymology is interesting... I'm sure we could find an explanation somewhere on google.

http://www.assas.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/dout.gif

T-6005
09-10-2009, 01:08 PM

It's just less common.

There's a pretty sweet ring to "Expensive Offspring," though.

TeeKO's a flatterer, obviously.

Llamas
09-10-2009, 01:20 PM
It's just less common.

There's a pretty sweet ring to "Expensive Offspring," though.

TeeKO's a flatterer, obviously.

I think it's null in American English, though, and less common in other dialects. I've literally never heard it used to mean "expensive" besides Ciaran.

Oxygene
09-10-2009, 01:42 PM
I think it's null in American English, though, and less common in other dialects. I've literally never heard it used to mean "expensive" besides Ciaran.

it's very dear to me...

kinda the same thing really

Llamas
09-10-2009, 01:44 PM
it's very dear to me...

kinda the same thing really

Yeah I get the correlation, Harley's explanation was really good. All I'm saying is that I've never ever heard an American say that a thing was "dear" meaning "expensive". We say expensive, costly, or a rip off.

Oxygene
09-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Yeah I get the correlation, Harley's explanation was really good. All I'm saying is that I've never ever heard an American say that a thing was "dear" meaning "expensive". We say expensive, costly, or a rip off.

yeah but rip off implies that it isn't worth it

You wouldn't say a fighter jet for a $1 million is a rip off...

Llamas
09-10-2009, 02:27 PM
They're synonyms... doesn't mean they have exactly the same meaning :P If I call something expensive or costly, it sometimes also means it wasn't worth it. If something is considered expensive, it often is considered not worth it. Rip off is just a more specific meaning within expensive. And sometimes people do say, "it was a rip off... but it was worth it!"

offsrx
09-11-2009, 02:29 AM

drága

Drága Offspring...

Same with Serbian - Draga = Dear

If so, then Green Day should sue Offspring for ripping of American Idiot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwug0okS0IM&feature=related

Or, Offspring should sue Metallica :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC23jFZzn00&feature=related

Or, Offspring should sue old Serbian rap band sha-ila(these guys completley ripped of Pretty fly back in 1999):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKQ_OYTOYIU
This is not actual video but just listen to tha song.

And If so The beatles should sue offspring for Obladi Oblada-WDYGAJ?

I think It's just a coincidence, and that shit happends to everyone, so I don't think that Offspring should sue Ranetki