PDA

View Full Version : Greg K's Bass

Shullski
09-08-2009, 08:22 PM
As far as bass players go, is Greg K considered a considerably good bassist, or is he just nothing out of the ordinary as far as bands go ?

And how about the same question with Dex..he ever been seen playin somethin other than the rhythm to a song, other than What happened to you solo ?

Responses appreciated.

DMelges
09-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Greg uses a pick, and we have no idea how good he is using only his fingers. But he is a very creative bass player. You can notice that hearing the bass in WDYGAJ, I Choose and other songs. But in terms of how good he really is, he has only shown that he is ordinary, I guess.

Dexter can sing and play guitar like no other. Any guitarist knows that it's very hard to sing and play the guitar as Dexter does. To me that makes me a very good guitarist.

Berzerker92
09-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Speaking as a bassist.
Greg seems to be very good, but most of the stuff he plays is just root notes of the guitar chords (E.G. Self Esteem) in Splinter and RAFRAG he's demonstrated much more skill then I had previously thought (E.G. Hit That). This may have been Dexters songwriting or he may not have been good enough to pull off the same stuff he does now But he also uses a pick which infinitely easier then using your fingers... So long story short. He mostly plays easy stuff but I think he's much better then what he plays

Oxygene
09-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Dexter play fuckloads of nonrythm parts sometimes when singing too... like in gone away or half truism etc.

They are annoying as fuck if you are at a club show right infront of him being pushed over his monitor 'cause he has them play so loud for some reason.

nameless
09-09-2009, 06:28 PM
its been said in interviews that dexter writes the songs and greg is given parts to play, he said he might tweak it a bit but it pretty much stays the same. in general, none of them offsprings songs are particularly complicated for someone quite profficient at their instrument. then again, its not about being the best, its about what works and they have definately found their feet with things!

offspringing
09-09-2009, 06:43 PM
didnt noodles say that he couldnt play some of the stuff dexter wrote i think it was on the dvd or the greatest cd extra