PDA

View Full Version : Songs the band doesn't play live (or play much live)

Hammerhead_
09-10-2009, 05:10 PM
I dont understand this. Why dont play denial revisited ? Offspring should care this song :mad:

KHWHD
09-10-2009, 05:11 PM
I agree 100%.

randman21
09-10-2009, 05:15 PM
I knew you'd agree, Shank. :rolleyes:

You could pretty much replace the majority of their songs in that question instead of "Denial, Revisited". It's not the only song they don't play. But, damn, I'm in love with that song recently.

dff_punk
09-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Of course it's a beautiful song, but seems like a crowd killer to me....

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
09-10-2009, 05:23 PM

yes. they should cover a speed metal song

ernesto88
09-10-2009, 05:33 PM
yeah! listen this song will be great!

they was not play a lot great songs in the shows

i guess, they might play the best songs on their shows! or just make a show with the best songs. and get out of the set list some popular songs. (i don't say that this "out songs" are bad, ok)
i preffer that they make two shows, one clasics songs night, and next the best songs night!

mip_04
09-10-2009, 05:34 PM
I knew you'd agree, Shank. :rolleyes:

You could pretty much replace the majority of their songs in that question instead of "Denial, Revisited". It's not the only song they don't play. But, damn, I'm in love with that song recently.

I think the same way, and that song would be cool in a live version...

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
09-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Denial, Revisited

is annoying

KHWHD
09-10-2009, 06:15 PM

Not all that different if they play Kristy or Gone Away really. All slow songs and it doesn't bring the crowd down.

dexter12296566
09-10-2009, 06:20 PM
I have seen a couple of videos on YouTube of them playing Denial Revisited live at the Conspiracy of One shows and at different festivals

Outerspaceman21
09-10-2009, 07:17 PM
I really don't like that much. One of my least favorite tracks on Co1.

BigFish
09-10-2009, 08:48 PM
I have seen a couple of videos on YouTube of them playing Denial Revisited live at the Conspiracy of One shows and at different festivals

links please? i cant seem to find them.

nightvision
09-10-2009, 09:34 PM

I don't believe that for a second. Links please.

Budzy
09-10-2009, 10:45 PM
No Brakes. I would cream if they played No Brakes. I don't think they've ever played it.
It's my favorite song at the moment.

RageAndLov
09-10-2009, 11:57 PM

Yeah I agree. A very good song, but not very suitable for live concerts.

Harleyquiiinn
09-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Not all that different if they play Kristy or Gone Away really. All slow songs and it doesn't bring the crowd down.

Actually Kristy and Gone away can bring the crowd down... maybe not everywhere but at Rock en Seine, it was a majority of people who were here to rock and it completely killed the mood... Of course, Offspring being Offspring, the mood came back fast as soon as they started playing faster song again. So maybe it doesn't matter that much... that the crowd is over excited all the time, I'd like to hear Denial, revisited live but that's really not the first song I have in mind if I had to choose...

Oxygene
09-11-2009, 12:43 AM
they need to play all their songs at every concerts period

slagod
09-11-2009, 12:48 AM
It would be cool if they do a few surprices on every tour.
Like Lightning Rod in Zagreb.

MAXTER
09-11-2009, 01:41 AM

The Though remain the same!!!! :D

Oxygene
09-11-2009, 02:06 AM
It would be cool if they do a few surprices on every tour.
Like Lightning Rod in Zagreb.

you do know they do do that? right?

holland25
09-11-2009, 02:22 AM

Bullshit. They NEVER played Denial, Revisited live.

offsrx
09-11-2009, 02:40 AM
I'm pretty shure that they never played this song:

VULTURES!!! So simple, and so powerful! Damn, i wish I've wrote that song.. Good song..
I love that song since.. well 2001.
Now THAT'S a song that they never played live...
Hmm, should we create a campaign (if I spelled correctly) for songs that have NEVER been played (like that lightning rod thing)?

Rutegard
09-11-2009, 03:42 AM
ive come to the conclusion that:

Olivia_Jones
09-11-2009, 05:10 AM
Denial, Revisited is my favorite song, but it's a slow song. A very slow emotional song.I sure would love to hear it live, but it is a mood-killer.

And in the end, the fact is:

Bejka
09-11-2009, 05:30 AM
D,R is no longer actual, the lyrics lost their value and this song is also very slow. I like it, but I don't need it on show. Maybe on acoustic album :rolleyes:

I'd love to see I choose live!

Llamas
09-11-2009, 06:50 AM
I truly don't get this crap. It makes me really sad to see people complain that the Offspring doesn't play this song or that song. It upsets me even more for people to call songs "crowd killers" just because they aren't the most punk/rock/upbeat. A lot of people appreciate a slower nicer song here and there. Now I could see why fans would be a little disappointed if they went to an Offspring show, the set list was:

Kristy
Worst Hangover
Gone Away (acoustic)
Denial
Spare me the Details
Fix You
When You're in Prison

You definitely expect an upbeat show when you go to see the Offspring... but a couple songs?

They're the Offspring's songs, at the Offspring's shows, and I say they play whatever THEY want to. If they want to excite fans by playing LR in Zagreb, that's FANTASTIC. But otherwise, let me just say that I went to see them in 2004 on the Splinter tour, and they didn't play a single one of my favorite songs. And I can't tell you how much fun I had, and how excited I was to tell my friends about the awesome show I just saw.

I love this. We want 6 hour concerts!!! I paid good money for this ticket, I want my money's worth!!! ;)

RageAndLov
09-11-2009, 07:01 AM

Bring your tent and sleeping bag, cuz that will be a hell of a long concert.

Olivia_Jones
09-11-2009, 07:04 AM
Bring your tent and sleeping bag, cuz that will be a hell of a long concert.

Ther will be no sleeping on a show like that!!!
:D:D:D

ThunderPX
09-11-2009, 07:16 AM
I can get that Denial wouldn't work very well on most crowds. It's a very slow and introspective song; I'm sort of confused about why Gone Away does work, especially in its new piano incarnation. Perhaps because it's so different; Dexter at a piano sort of seems like a novelty. Plus, it's one of their more well-known songs.

Eh, whatever. Otherwise, some songs just do not work live; look up Amazed on YouTube, it sounds terrible.

Hammerhead_
09-11-2009, 08:36 AM
And Race Against Myself ? They didnt even play in Splinter Tour

Oxygene
09-11-2009, 09:05 AM
I truly don't get this crap. It makes me really sad to see people complain that the Offspring doesn't play this song or that song. It upsets me even more for people to call songs "crowd killers" just because they aren't the most punk/rock/upbeat. A lot of people appreciate a slower nicer song here and there. Now I could see why fans would be a little disappointed if they went to an Offspring show, the set list was:

Kristy
Worst Hangover
Gone Away (acoustic)
Denial
Spare me the Details
Fix You
When You're in Prison

You definitely expect an upbeat show when you go to see the Offspring... but a couple songs?

They're the Offspring's songs, at the Offspring's shows, and I say they play whatever THEY want to. If they want to excite fans by playing LR in Zagreb, that's FANTASTIC. But otherwise, let me just say that I went to see them in 2004 on the Splinter tour, and they didn't play a single one of my favorite songs. And I can't tell you how much fun I had, and how excited I was to tell my friends about the awesome show I just saw.

I love this. We want 6 hour concerts!!! I paid good money for this ticket, I want my money's worth!!! ;)

if I did the stupid shitty
"this this this this" shit.. I'd do it now...

Marco
09-11-2009, 12:13 PM
I think it's too hard for dexter... I mean, the really high part just before the end...

dexter12296566
09-11-2009, 12:49 PM
links please? i cant seem to find them.

If I can find them again, I will post them. Okay?

nightvision
09-11-2009, 01:21 PM
If I can find them again, I will post them. Okay?

Still bullshit. I was really fucking addicted to The Offspring from '99 to around '04. If there were any live recordings of that song on the internet, I would have heard it. Just admit you made it up, ok?

Llamas
09-11-2009, 01:30 PM
It's a lie. If they were on youtube, they'd come up if you searched for "denial revisited live".

tayluhhx3
09-11-2009, 02:10 PM
i think the people who know offspring's music would love to see denial, revisited played live.
i know i would. it shows a different side of the band.
it may be a "crowd killer", but for only the part of the crowd that doesn't know anything other than come out & play or you're gonna go far, kid.

_Way_Down_the_Line_
09-11-2009, 03:13 PM
yeah play denail revisited, never gonna find me, rise and fall, way down the line, the noose, special delivery, lightning rod, LAPD all in one show or else it will suck...

please

come on u guys..

KHWHD
09-11-2009, 09:04 PM
I think it's too hard for dexter... I mean, the really high part just before the end...

WHAT?! If he can sing the "really high part" at the end of Hammerhead live (and on key I might add) he can sing Denial with no problems.

holland25
09-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Expensive Offspring, I've got a serious question. Out of my 5 favourite songs, you never played two live - Not the One and Crossroads. Why?

holland25
09-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Oh, and I iz drunkz, so please no mod warnings for me. I know I did a wrong, but I still want to hear those live.

SelfEsteem94
09-12-2009, 01:19 AM
Denial, Revisited is one of my favorite CO1 songs,
it needs to be played live.

Outerspaceman21
09-12-2009, 01:26 AM
I second that notion. Especially Crossroad which is a killer track.

Jojan
09-12-2009, 02:31 AM
They play it live for me all the time. So they must hate you alot.

dff_punk
09-12-2009, 02:35 AM
Nothing changes, cause it's all the same.

bouncingcoles
09-12-2009, 06:59 AM
Expensive Offspring, I've got a serious question. Out of my 5 favourite songs, you never played two live - Not the One and Crossroads. Why?

they have played not the one live

dexter12296566
09-12-2009, 07:05 AM
I am happy with what they play but I wish to hear Hand Grenades or Hopeless

Tomasisko
09-12-2009, 07:21 AM
Crossroads is my favourite song nowdays. The Offspring should do one club show with S/T and Ignition songs for hardcore fans

holland25
09-12-2009, 07:25 AM
they have played not the one live

When exactly?

dexter12296566
09-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Crossroads is my favourite song nowdays. The Offspring should do one club show with S/T and Ignition songs for hardcore fans

That would be awesome. they should do an all day concert playing all their songs and cover

randman21
09-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Heh, I know this thread isn't exactly serious, but these are my favorite Offspring songs:

Out on Patrol
A Thousand Days
Hypodermic
Nothing from Something
Nitro
Something To Believe In
Leave it Behind
Change the World
Feelings
Pay The Man
All Along
The Noose
Race Against Myself
Never Gonna Find Me
Hammerhead
A Lot Like Me

I'm sure they haven't played the great majority of these in 10 years (or ever), but strangely, I'm okay with that.

Ryder1234
09-12-2009, 02:39 PM
That would be awesome. they should do an all day concert playing all their songs and cover
all day? they'd probably die

Blitz!
09-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Hypodermic
Nothing from Something
Leave it Behind
Feelings
Pay The Man

I'm sure they haven't played the great majority of these in 10 years (or ever), but strangely, I'm okay with that.

Yes, yes, yes to all the above and no, I am not okay with that :p

cool 2 hate 681
09-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Pay The Man

one of the reasons 2005 was a great touring year for them they played pay the man :cool:

Oxygene
09-12-2009, 03:16 PM

Maybe because your.... NORMAL?

Blitz!
09-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Maybe because your.... NORMAL?

... and would that make me abnormal :p

To be honest ... I would love to hear the songs I picked above at some point, but I wouldn't die if I didn't ;)

OffsLady#1
09-12-2009, 03:28 PM
dudes & gals xD

they shoulda do wateva they want too.

but they need to play some older songs and covers...

xxxxoooo

Oxygene
09-12-2009, 03:35 PM
... and would that make me abnormal :p

To be honest ... I would love to hear the songs I picked above at some point, but I wouldn't die if I didn't ;)

you sound like you are OK with those songs not being played too..

bouncingcoles
09-12-2009, 04:30 PM
When exactly?

smash tour and ixnay tour. if you search offspring rockplast or whatever its called and not the one it will probably come up

Llamas
09-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Heh, I know this thread isn't exactly serious, but these are my favorite Offspring songs:

Out on Patrol
A Thousand Days
Hypodermic
Nothing from Something
Nitro
Something To Believe In
Leave it Behind
Change the World
Feelings
Pay The Man
All Along
The Noose
Race Against Myself
Never Gonna Find Me
Hammerhead
A Lot Like Me

Yeah, totally. My favorite songs are (two from each album):

I'll Be Waiting
Tehran
Forever and a Day
Nothing from Something
Something to Believe in
Genocide
Amazed
Change the World
The End of the Line
Pay the Man
Denial, Revisited
Huck It
Lightning Rod
The Noose
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
Half Truism

Now, besides the songs off RFRG, how many of those do they regularly play? Maybe... The Noose? They didn't play ANY of those songs when I saw them live in 2004. And I don't care, because I got to see the OFFSPRING and I had a great time.

come out swinging
09-12-2009, 07:03 PM
I like Not the one, crossroADs. I wanna hear some old material but its hard enough for what they play live with the amount of time.

BKDH_1984
09-12-2009, 11:03 PM

I love Crossroads. Let's request it! : )

p.s. Not The One (not my faves) :|

BKDH_1984
09-12-2009, 11:10 PM
I dont understand this. Why dont play denial revisited ? Offspring should care this song :mad:

This.

I love Denial, Revisited. Let's request it!?

Tomasisko
09-13-2009, 03:59 AM
I love Crossroads. Let's request it! : )

I agree, it looks that Crossroads rocks :D What a fuckin great fiesta it could be with Crossroads on the concert

lucys_bad_habit
09-13-2009, 08:44 AM
I really don't like that much. One of my least favorite tracks on Co1.
same here

yeah play denail revisited, never gonna find me, rise and fall, way down the line, the noose, special delivery, lightning rod, LAPD all in one show or else it will suck...

please

come on u guys..

what the hell..?:rolleyes:

Rutegard
09-13-2009, 09:54 AM
I second that notion. Especially Crossroad which is a killer track.

im with u!

BKDH_1984
09-13-2009, 04:56 PM
I agree, it looks that Crossroads rocks :D What a fuckin great fiesta it could be with Crossroads on the concert

I 100% agreed.

Why won't they baseball bat The Backstreet Boys anymore? I saw Woodstock 99' and I couldn't stop laughing hard. They still do The Intermission though. Good times! xD

randman21
09-13-2009, 05:15 PM
I was all like "wtf? I never posted in this thread before." Looks like a massive merge has taken place.

This should send a clear message to would-be thread starters. THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN DONE TO DEATH.

Berzerker92
09-13-2009, 07:59 PM
I think they should start off concerts with the disclaimer. I'm not a DR guy but No Brakes would be awesome to hear as well as pretty much the entire Ignition and Smash CDs. As for Special Delivery. I have a live version if anyone dosent. ( I think they played that on CO1 and splinter tours though.)

Andrew.st
09-14-2009, 07:32 AM
Well they play too much Pretty fly and Why don't you get a job
and doesn't play Dirty magic(original) and Dammit I changed again

m.offspring.r
09-14-2009, 07:51 AM
yeah, "Disclaimer" to opening concerts is awesome!!

PedroACastro
09-14-2009, 07:53 AM
Well they play too much Pretty fly and Why don't you get a job
and doesn't play Dirty magic(original) and Dammit I changed again

the only time i saw dammit i changed again live dexter forgots the lyrics, maybe thats why he doesn't play it often xD

Andrew.st
09-14-2009, 07:54 AM
yeah, "Disclaimer" to opening concerts is awesome!!

Yeah it would be really good

Little_Miss_1565
09-14-2009, 08:01 AM
I was all like "wtf? I never posted in this thread before." Looks like a massive merge has taken place.

This should send a clear message to would-be thread starters. THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN DONE TO DEATH.

Haha, yes. Good eye!

We'll be merging any new threads on similar subjects into this one going forward.

Andrew.st
09-14-2009, 08:54 AM
the only time i saw dammit i changed again live dexter forgots the lyrics, maybe thats why he doesn't play it often xD

yeah it way at Canada in 2000 Musique Plus or Much Music, but the played it at Wembley 2001 and few more shows

SmashingIxnayConspiracy
09-14-2009, 03:56 PM
How about "Way Down The Line" live. That would be a dream come true.:)

BKDH_1984
09-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Let's requests some kick ass/bad ass live songs for em to come out and play!?

cool Covers:

oc life
i wanna be sedated
total immortal
next to you

lovely Piano/acoustics:

gone away
fix you (kristy)
denial, revisited
me and my old lady

rad encores:

crossroads
dirty magic
pay the man
race against myself

stoke intermissions:

tossing out guitar picks to the crowd with offspring-ish artwork on it
baseball bat the backstreet boys
giving free beers to the adults
giving free water for the kids

awesome rares:

d.u.i.
mission from god
stand by me
faith

sweet randoms:

flashing the band members
hardcore mosh pits mmmm
dex gathering kids onstage
body surfing and highlighters

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
sincerely,xD
good times
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

DMelges
09-14-2009, 07:36 PM
It would just be easier to have them do a 10 hour long show and play every song they've ever made. Now that would be sweet.:rolleyes:

KHWHD
09-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Oh dear God, not this again. How many times have you been banned now iPunk, Maria, etc.? You're getting really pathetic.

Oxygene
09-15-2009, 12:30 AM
Oh dear God, not this again. How many times have you been banned now iPunk, Maria, etc.? You're getting really pathetic.

I actually liked that post...

Why was she banned?

KHWHD
09-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Why was she banned?

I think you already know.