PDA

View Full Version : Setlist on Next Tour!!!

MAXTER
09-11-2009, 03:38 AM
Dear Members,
The "Shit Is Fucked Up" Tour is gonna ending, miss Australia dates....
After that all the band return in the studio to records the new album, probably I hope come out next year :D
I'm thinking the band usually play 21 songs for show.. When they will tour for promo the new album they add 2 or 3 songs like for Rafrag...
Second you which song on this current setlist can be replace with new songs???

What do you think????

slagod
09-11-2009, 04:05 AM
Maybe, another way:

Not to replace, but just make a brand new setlist.
I mean maybe they could play some songs from
first and second album or even some singles.

That would be awesome for me... but I think might be not for usual audience.

dexterone
09-11-2009, 06:26 AM
I would discard some song from Americana...7 songs are too much,maybe Pretty Fly could be out....from RAFRAG maybe Hammerhead....but its hard to say,because every song is great,also the acoustic part with Kristy and Get A Job

Olivia_Jones
09-11-2009, 06:28 AM
they should definitely play Beheaded :D twice in one show :D

Bejka
09-11-2009, 06:33 AM
They should make "Offspring Marathon Tour" where they will play every song from every album one by one. Or if not tour, at least one amazing show :D It would be for the first time in history :D

Andrew.st
09-11-2009, 06:55 AM
I would like to hear Dammid I changed again,Feelings,Cool to hate,L.A.P.D,Tehran and sure Dirty magic not acoustic version.I like both versions, but original is better for me.They should remove Pretty fly and Why don't you get a job from set-list...That's are good songs, but they played them all the time...sorry for my English

Olivia_Jones
09-11-2009, 06:56 AM
I would like to hear Dammid I changed again,Feelings,Cool to hate,L.A.P.D,Tehran and sure Dirty magic not acoustic version.I like both versions, but original is better for me.They should remove Pretty fly and Why don't you get a job...That's are good songs, but they played them all the time...sorry for my English

I very much agree :)

dff_punk
09-11-2009, 07:00 AM
I want them to play Welcome live. Such a powerful song.

MAXTER
09-11-2009, 07:06 AM
I want them to play Welcome live. Such a powerful song.

:eek: ......

Tomasisko
09-11-2009, 07:33 AM
I would discard some song from Americana...7 songs are too much,maybe Pretty Fly could be out....

Definitely not. Pretty Fly is their most famous song :)

Harleyquiiinn
09-11-2009, 07:36 AM
It would be nice if they replaced Kristy with another song... Also, I absolutely love Hammerhead, but I think it's not the best to hear live.
Maybe Hit That too...

RageAndLov
09-11-2009, 07:45 AM
Cut down some Americana songs, cut down some singles, bring in more RAFRAG and Ignition and S/T songs.

dexterone
09-11-2009, 07:51 AM
Self Titled ? these songs are too shitty....and thereīs not too much fans,who know it...

RageAndLov
09-11-2009, 07:55 AM
Self Titled ? these songs are too shitty....and thereīs not too much fans,who know it...

Jennifer Lost The War, Tehran, Beheaded, Out on Patrol are amazing songs! It's just your taste that is too shitty.

lucys_bad_habit
09-11-2009, 08:30 AM
They should make "Offspring Marathon Tour" where they will play every song from every album one by one. Or if not tour, at least one amazing show It would be for the first time in history

itd be awesome :D but its kinda unreal i guess :D

yea, n maybe less song from Americana would be good solution :rolleyes:

edit: plus songs from S/T ;) (Jennifer Lost the War or Beheaded would be great)

Tomasisko
09-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Jennifer Lost The War, Tehran, Beheaded, Out on Patrol are amazing songs! It's just your taste that is too shitty.

you forgot A Thousand Days, Crossroads, Demons and I'll Be Waiting.

RageAndLov
09-11-2009, 09:09 AM
you forgot A Thousand Days, Crossroads, Demons and I'll Be Waiting.

Those are good too, but I think the ones I mentioned are a notch better.

dexterone
09-11-2009, 09:13 AM
tell me,how they can play Crossroads,Beheaded or something other,when they play Hi that,Half-Truism,Youre gonna go far Kid or Want you bad....Self Titled was old punk and Ixnay and every next album is something like new wave...
I totally canīt imagine after Gonna Go Far Kid playing Beheaded,sorry....it is something like one song is coming to play Sex Pistols,and the other The Offspring....example...

RageAndLov
09-11-2009, 09:17 AM
tell me,how they can play Crossroads,Beheaded or something other,when they play Hi that,Half-Truism,Youre gonna go far Kid or Want you bad....Self Titled was old punk and Ixnay and every next album is something like new wave...
I totally canīt imagine after Gonna Go Far Kid playing Beheaded,sorry....it is something like one song is coming to play Sex Pistols,and the other The Offspring....example...

They played Beheaded last year in Paris
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoC7KFxv3tA

Llamas
09-11-2009, 09:38 AM
As much as I like ST and Ignition, I'd never expect them to play those songs live, just because when you write music, you get sick of playing some songs after so long, and you just don't enjoy playing a song after playing it so long. Most bands don't really like playing older hits cause they're so sick of them, but they do it cause those are the songs they're known for. But Crossroads? I just doubt the band really would have as much fun playing a 20 year old song that most people at their shows have never heard, as they would have playing a song they wrote in the last couple years.

_Way_Down_the_Line_
09-11-2009, 04:22 PM
well... if we had to choose 2 songs to cut for me we can take out what happened to you? and Kristy are you doing okay?, and add 2 new songs from the new album.. if a 3rd is needed then i'll whipe out a song from americana, maybe staring at the sun...

RageAndLov
09-11-2009, 04:47 PM
As much as I like ST and Ignition, I'd never expect them to play those songs live, just because when you write music, you get sick of playing some songs after so long, and you just don't enjoy playing a song after playing it so long. Most bands don't really like playing older hits cause they're so sick of them, but they do it cause those are the songs they're known for. But Crossroads? I just doubt the band really would have as much fun playing a 20 year old song that most people at their shows have never heard, as they would have playing a song they wrote in the last couple years.

Exactly. Therefore they would stop playing 15 year old singles like Self Esteem and COAP. I'm sure they're pretty sick of them after playing them at every show since 1994.

Krojd
09-11-2009, 05:01 PM

Aaaah?! Shitty?! Oh Maaan, i'm going to sleep! :(

ZeQuebecois
09-11-2009, 08:55 PM
This thread = Just another proof of how godly The Offspring is. They've got so many hits that they can't even fit them all in their setlists !:D

I would probably remove WDYGAJ, maybe another song of Americana, and one of RAFRAG, I don't know which though.
'Cause I think they've gotta keep the diversity of the genres they're playing, because nobody agrees on what Offspring 'style' is the best (older songs, songs from Americana era, new RAFRAG-era songs...). By removing any song, some will be disappointed with the choices.
But I guess that's the beautiful problem of having a vast repertory!:p

MAXTER
09-11-2009, 09:08 PM
This thread = Just another proof of how godly The Offspring is. They've got so many hits that they can't even fit them all in their setlists !:D

That's It!!!

randman21
09-11-2009, 09:24 PM

Haha, yes! This is why I no longer complain about the setlist. Every band should be allowed to play all their hits, if they're fortunate enough to have some. Offspring has too damn many! Only if they sucked just a little bit more, we'd get to hear some of our faves more. ;)

KHWHD
09-11-2009, 09:35 PM
I just want to hear KHWHD ONCE LIVE before either I die or they retire as a band. That's it, that's all. :)

dexter12296566
09-11-2009, 09:40 PM
well... if we had to choose 2 songs to cut for me we can take out what happened to you? and Kristy are you doing okay?, and add 2 new songs from the new album.. if a 3rd is needed then i'll whipe out a song from americana, maybe staring at the sun...

They played all those songs at the show I went to in Lowell.

Oxygene
09-12-2009, 03:14 AM
I just want to hear KHWHD ONCE LIVE before either I die or they retire as a band. That's it, that's all. :)

go to a club show :p

offsrx
09-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Could you guys just leave the band 4 a while?
This is stupid...
Everyone has his own opinion of "what song shuld they play.."
Then make a damn poll about songs that had never been played and just vote.

KHWHD
09-12-2009, 12:49 PM
go to a club show :p

I'd love to if they actually played any around here.

Oxygene
09-12-2009, 02:24 PM
I'd love to if they actually played any around here.

um.. they have, and if I went to the club shows they played around here I wouldn't've gone to any

offsrx
09-13-2009, 08:10 AM

Yeah, and I would love to actually SEE them LIVE before some of those things happend.. Ppl, don't be greedy! Enjoy Offspring shows the way they are.
Now I'm making a poll 'bout this. As soon as I figure out how to...:confused:

Zee
09-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Mmm, club show. What a tasty word, I seriously can't wait for one, hopefully a really small one, when the new album is out. Something like a pre-club tour like before Splinter.. I'd so like to see them in a capacity like they did in 2001 in Leeds, 150 people.

SmashingIxnayConspiracy
09-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Really, I thought it was obvious. Cut "Walla Walla" and replace it with "The Meaning of Life." :D

KHWHD
09-14-2009, 05:40 PM
um.. they have, and if I went to the club shows they played around here I wouldn't've gone to any

Where? Toronto?

Oxygene
09-15-2009, 01:31 AM
Where? Toronto?

Yeah Toronto, with CO1 no barricade opera house.. read the tour journals sometime. You maybe surprised.

Lizilla
09-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Apologies if this has already been touched upon in another thread, cant seem to find a thread specific to my query and dont really want to create a new one when its set list related.

Anyhoo, on the offsprings myspace page it has a little application thing where you can pick "setlist". Does the band actually go by this as looking at various setlists from other countries etc, it doesnt look like they do (comparing them to what people picked through the website).

I was just curious becuase I figured that this might mean they would play songs from Self Titled and Ignition, particulary because the Brisbane, Australia show is adults only (18+ - US equiv of 21+) which means that a fair few older fans will be in attendance as well.

Do you reckon I'll have any luck hearing songs from those albums or should I just go in expecting a few from Smash and the majority of others being made up of Pretty Fly onwards?

cool 2 hate 681
09-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Do you reckon I'll have any luck hearing songs from those albums or should I just go in expecting a few from Smash and the majority of others being made up of Pretty Fly onwards?

it is very unlikely they will play a song from the first 2 albums but they will play more then a few from smash offspring shows as of late usually go like this

5 songs from smash

2 or 3 from ixnay

7 from americana

want you bad from co1

can't get my head around you and maybe 1 other song from splinter

and about 6 from rafrag

offsrx
09-17-2009, 03:49 PM
can this thread be delited?
Or WHY ISN'T STILL CLOSED????
YET???!?

Tijs
09-17-2009, 03:55 PM
This thread is more about what songs will be cut from the setlist, instead of which one you really want to be on the setlist.

offsrx
09-18-2009, 07:11 PM
This thread is more about what songs will be cut from the setlist, instead of which one you really want to be on the setlist.

Bullshit! It's about songs that you want, and the songs that should be cut/replaced, wich means that fans are complaining and telling the band what to do! That's molesting! That's even worse than making poll and saying what would you like to hear live...

Lizilla
09-18-2009, 09:58 PM
it is very unlikely they will play a song from the first 2 albums but they will play more then a few from smash offspring shows as of late usually go like this

5 songs from smash

2 or 3 from ixnay

7 from americana

want you bad from co1

can't get my head around you and maybe 1 other song from splinter

and about 6 from rafrag

Cheers for that, I just thought because fans could choose the setlist they might notice it and play a few from older albums. Especially becuase they are doing an adult show, might make them realise that a few of us older fans would like to hear early songs.

Nevermind though, it will be awesome either way :)

Lizilla
09-18-2009, 09:58 PM

Ahhh, apologies...I just thought because the thread said "Setlist on next tour" and was recent it would be ok to ask!