PDA

View Full Version : Song requests

Oxygene
09-12-2009, 02:10 AM
I'd like to open a debate on this.. since Lightning Rod was played GOD has been saturated with song requests and people bitching about the setlist again. I'm thinking maybe there should be (just like for general pictures), one song request thread allowed and that's it. If sometime next year we do land on a song light Lightning Rod was where pretty much a 100% of the sane people on the BBS supported, and maybe a vote thread before that, but other than that it's begining to bet annoying why don't they play this thread, the new thread, the take me now where thread... arrrrrg.

I don't want the band to see it and think "fuck we've opened a can of worms, that'll teach us to take requests".. can you imagine if they just look in as a guest how fucking BORING and ANNOYING it would be for them to have to sift through this shit to find something that makes sense

Please play song No:9
Please play song No:11
Please play song No:22
Please play song No:15
Please play song No:18
Please play song No:33
Please play song No:30
Please play song No:36
Please play song No:28
Please play song No:29
Please play song No:21
Please play song No:8
Please play song No:35
Please play song No:14
Please play song No:37
Please play song No:12
Please play song No:24
Please play song No:31
Please play song No:25
Please play song No:17
Please play song No:19
Please play song No:26
Please play song No:7
Please play song No:16
Please play song No:34
Please play song No:32
Please play song No:27
Please play song No:39
Please play song No:3
Please play song No:20
Please play song No:6
Please play song No:23
Please play song No:10
Please play song No:5
Please play song No:13
Please play song No:4
Please play song No:38
Please play song No:1
Please play song No:2

Fucking hell...

dff_punk
09-12-2009, 02:43 AM
I am all in for that, and the one request thread should be stickied, of course. Cause now GOD is flooded with various requests, if the band really checks it out, they must be confused too.

Oxygene
09-12-2009, 02:53 AM
I am all in for that, and the one request thread should be stickied, of course. Cause now GOD is flooded with various requests, if the band really checks it out, they must be confused too.

Sticked good idea, other threads locked and/or deleted, or merged into the sticky thread or some shit. I really would not want the band member to look at GOD now :(

Harleyquiiinn
09-12-2009, 02:56 AM
I didn't think about that before, I guess I don't realize that the band comes sometimes.
Anyway, I support the idea of one thread...

Tijs
09-12-2009, 03:29 AM
I like the idea. Not only will it keep the forums a bit cleaner but also the band might take it more seriously, thus it's more likely to have any effect.

MAXTER
09-12-2009, 04:04 AM
Vote for D.U.I.!!!

Oxygene
09-12-2009, 04:32 AM
Vote for D.U.I.!!!

are you joking?

MAXTER
09-12-2009, 04:37 AM
are you joking?

hmmm :D :D

MAXTER
09-12-2009, 04:40 AM
I have an idea!
We can make a polls with all not played Offspring songs.
After finish votes we have one song win to request... :)

Oxygene
09-12-2009, 08:14 AM
Throwing song request in here is fucking tasteless

Blitz!
09-12-2009, 09:24 AM
I know that Gus has been running his campaign forever and finally he gets is 15 seconds of fame *which is awesome and well deserved*

Now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon, which I find extremely amusing. I support the idea of having only one thread, but keep in mind, there won’t be an instant result.

Free?
09-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Everything what Blitz! said.
I see it pretty much like Dexter on song poll, but with less songs to vote for, of course.
The downside is that most likely votes will be scattered all over the place when a few strong leaders will be needed instead. And come on, not everybody here is a hardcore fan, we might end up with a so-so result. Like Defy You or Can't Repeat (nothing against the songs, but it wasn't too long time ago when they were often played live).

Llamas
09-12-2009, 12:10 PM
I know that Gus has been running his campaign forever and finally he gets is 15 seconds of fan *which is awesome and well deserved*

Now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon, which I find extremely amusing. I support the idea of having only one thread, but keep in mind, there won’t be an instant result.

I agree with this. One person had the perseverance and drive to get something to happen, and now a lot of people are trying to ride off his success.

Oxygene
09-12-2009, 01:31 PM
I agree with this. One person had the perseverance and drive to get something to happen, and now a lot of people are trying to ride off his success.

Also keep in mind that they had to actually have the song prepared and I did have to nag them in person at 4-5 shows before they budged (hence, the Oxygene are you fucking happy now?), and it was a last show on a tour and a club show. So the stars were really fucking aligned.

randman21
09-12-2009, 02:29 PM
If we do make this official, I don't think it should be made into a poll. It took almost a year for Gustavo's wish to come true, and we all know that you can easily fall in and out of love with with at least five songs in that time. So basically what I'm saying is that I'm a flip-flopper and I might change my mind some time later.

Gustavo
09-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Totally agreed, the band will never pay attention if we keep asking for different songs.
We've got to focus on a certain song and stick with it.

Rutegard
09-16-2009, 02:44 AM
Totally agreed, the band will never pay attention if we keep asking for different songs.
We've got to focus on a certain song and stick with it.

yes
like someone said we should choose between those rare songs or songs that were never played live (i think it gets easier that way) and then we focus on the winner song

offsrx
09-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Sorry 4 posting my stupid thread, like I wasn't here 4 a weeeeek, being busy ya know.. And When I came In, I just had a thought of it since everyone was talking about it on "Songs the band doesn't play live (or play much live)" or "Setlist on Next Tour!!!" so I wanted to contribute. Now a qusetion:
Why didn't you close those two threads?!??!?!?
Because, I've got those ideas about making a poll when I saw those threads..?
I mean, I honestly don't care what Offspring plays, as long as they are The Offspring, but since everyone got spoiled....

Oxygene
09-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Sorry 4 posting my stupid thread, like I wasn't here 4 a weeeeek, being busy ya know.. And When I came In, I just had a thought of it since everyone was talking about it on "Songs the band doesn't play live (or play much live)" or "Setlist on Next Tour!!!" so I wanted to contribute. Now a qusetion:
Why didn't you close those two threads?!??!?!?
Because, I've got those ideas about making a poll when I saw those threads..?
I mean, I honestly don't care what Offspring plays, as long as they are The Offspring, but since everyone got spoiled....

I think song the band doesn't play live is the designated thread, I am not sure why setlist on next tour hasn't been closed/merged with the other thread either. It really should be you are right

offsrx
09-17-2009, 02:00 PM
I think song the band doesn't play live is the designated thread, I am not sure why setlist on next tour hasn't been closed/merged with the other thread either. It really should be you are right

Thank you for support