PDA

View Full Version : Relapse or The Resistance

offspring dude
09-15-2009, 01:22 PM
So basically, these are two albums I want to get incredibly bad, but I only have money for one at this very minute. I've heard about half of Relapse and it's pretty damn decent, and not much from The Resistance but it's still Muse so I'm interested in what they've come up with. So which one would be more enjoyable?

p.s. I kinda hope this can go without saying, but just in case, this isn't a music genre debate or anything of the like, just an enjoyment factor sort of thing. and yes, I did just log in after years of not coming here just to ask that.

Superdope
09-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Ha, I thought they both were sub par. But if you already like half of Relapse, I'd go with that.

offspring dude
09-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Thing is, Ive' really been looking forward to the new stuff from Muse, usually I'd pick Muse without thinking but the two new songs released have been weak as hell, so it's like I still wanna pick Muse but I'm afraid I might be disappointed and I'd have wasted my money. So I just need something to either convince that The Resistance is a bunch of shit not worth getting, or that it's at least half as decent as Black Holes or Origin of Symmetry were.

SuperKnux
09-16-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm a fan of both these artists and both of these records.

So let's see here. "Relapse" is longer (don't forgot a part 2 in the next few months) and has some really solid beats. Eminem is a psycho again (not like the lackluster "Encore"), memorable choruses, funny and serious in all the right places. I don't really like "3 A.M." though. That song kinda sucks. So does "Crack a Bottle" despite the 50 Cent and Dr. Dre peformances.

"The Resistance" is pretty slick too. Though it is a lot bigger and much more theatric than previous albums, that isn't a bad thing. The Symphony at the end is fab, and tracks like "Undisclosed Desires" and "I Belong To You" are a step in the right direction. My only grip with it is that it doesn't feel very long (time wise).

If I had to pick one to buy however; I would get Muse. I think mainstream rock n' roll needs to have these guys on top. Eminem is awesome as usual, but he already has tons of fame. Muse need to break into America more so I would say go for "The Resistance". I think you'll find yourself rocking out to it much more than Em's latest effort.

EDIT: Didn't realize you were from England. lol, ignore the America comment and still get Muse. :P

dexter12296566
09-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Relapse is Muse? I have the one by Eminem. Someone in here said something about Muse.

dexter12296566
09-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Nevermind I get it. The Resistance is Muse and Relapse is Eminem. I like Eminem more but Muse is okay. I am caught up now.

RageAndLov
09-19-2009, 06:03 AM
I think Relapse is a really good album. Deja Vu is deffinetly in Eminem's top 5 songs ever.

Lizilla
09-19-2009, 04:51 PM
I've only heard one song of Resistance by Muse and I quite enjoyed it, and the music video with all the giant creepy teddy bears was a bit insane too.

I was given Relapse from a friend though who didnt enjoy it (he's heavily into rap etc whereas I'm not so much into it) and I thought it was great. I dont usually listen to rap that much and was quite impressed by it so I guess that means its not half bad. In my books anyway.

I'd probably have gone out and bought Relapse myself if I'd heard it before I was given the CD. However, I will definately be buying Muses new album after only hearing the one song - so I guess they are both pretty good in their own genre rights. :)

...how unhelpful am I?!

chicapowerpunk
09-19-2009, 04:57 PM
The new album of Muse is more electro, using more synthesizers, more punch, is not his best album, but it's good!!:)

dexter12296566
09-19-2009, 05:21 PM
I got Relapse but I barely ever listen to it. My brother uses it more than I do. I don't buy any Muse.

GunForHire
09-21-2009, 04:48 PM
I found The Resistance really grew on me. It's definitely different from their last album, with a lot less guitar riffage and a focus on almost OTT theatrics. I wasn't that keen on it at first but after listening to it a few times I'm liking it, particularly the title track, it rocks. Even if you don't like the album, it's hard to say Muse aren't a band that's willing to experiment and push their sound in different directions.