PDA

View Full Version : Black Freeway (my band, pro recordings)

mrconeman
09-16-2009, 02:09 PM
I just spent three fantastically awesome days in the best studio in Ireland recording two tracks with my band. (Produced by Neal Calderwood, producer of the band "The Answer" in Manor Park Studios)

Please check them out and let me know what you think about everything!

http://www.myspace.com/blackfreeway

(p.s check out my band www.myspace.com/dtoxrockers)

Llamas
09-16-2009, 02:20 PM
I liek dis. I already told you my opinion. MOAR GUITAR SOLO. kkk bi.

m.offspring.r
09-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Good sound! Continue!!

randman21
09-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Alright! I was wondering when I'd get to hear you in a band situation. This stuff rocks, man. The singer's voice is pretty cool, of course your guitar playing is excellent. How long have you been in this band?

Free?
09-16-2009, 03:07 PM
The recording sounds really professional, both songs sound like they could be heard on radio.
As much as I like the classic formula of hard rock, I hope to there will be more diversity in what you do, ballads, faster stuff, more intensive/aggressive songs, more experimenting; but that's just my own expectations, do what you're happy to do.
Regardless, I want to hear more of your stuff.

mrconeman
09-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Firstly, thanks alot for listening everyone!

Alright! I was wondering when I'd get to hear you in a band situation. This stuff rocks, man. The singer's voice is pretty cool, of course your guitar playing is excellent. How long have you been in this band?
Thanks, man! I really appreciate the listen and guitar love! We're actually a totally new outfit, the singer and bassist are brothers, and have jammed forever, they've been under the name Black Freeway for about a year, but me and the drummer have been in the band just over 2 months! I can't believe how quickly it's all come along.

The recording sounds really professional, both songs sound like they could be heard on radio.
As much as I like the classic formula of hard rock, I hope to there will be more diversity in what you do, ballads, faster stuff, more intensive/aggressive songs, more experimenting; but that's just my own expectations, do what you're happy to do.
Regardless, I want to hear more of your stuff.
Cheers for the comment! Yeah, I totally see where you're coming from (though did you listen to Better People? It's more poppy rock than hard). But as I say, we're a relatively new band, but we're going back into the studio next month to take two more songs. We have more varied stuff on the way! And yes, the producer was an absolute fucking genius!

Thomas
09-17-2009, 08:43 AM
I like it. It is sort of like a mix between Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, and maybe even a little Pat Benatar. It's right up my alley.

I wish there were more bands like you guys in my area. Wicked cool.

EDIT: Fuck yeah @ guitar solo.

Llamas
09-17-2009, 09:51 AM
EDIT: Fuck yeah @ guitar solo.

coneman and I are starting this thing where guitar solo replaces all good things. I don't remember what the best ones were... omgs, for sure. Catch on while it's still underground!

Superdope
09-17-2009, 10:37 AM
This is right up my alley. My hat is tipped, sir.

randman21
09-17-2009, 03:50 PM
coneman and I are starting this thing where guitar solo replaces all good things. I don't remember what the best ones were... omgs, for sure. Catch on while it's still underground!

Heh, this sounds fun, but I don't quite get it. Would it be like "Daaaaamn, girl. You got some nice guitar solos on you"?

Oh, and I'm still waiting on backpfeifengesicht to catch on.

mrconeman
11-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Heh, this sounds fun, but I don't quite get it. Would it be like "Daaaaamn, girl. You got some nice guitar solos on you"?

Guitar solo.

2 new tracks! Dirty Politician, and Ride The Freeway. Enjoy, give feedback!
http://www.myspace.com/blackfreeway

Smash_Returns
11-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Quite good, certainly has a bit of a '70s classic rock/metal vibe to it, with a modern twist. I see a lot of potential to grow, and it's very solid stuff as is.

Llamas
11-02-2009, 01:07 AM

Oh, and I'm still waiting on backpfeifengesicht to catch on.

Probably better to say "Daaaaaamn girl, I like your guitar solo!!!"

And I'm working on it... person by person.

*listenin'* :)

Free?
11-07-2009, 02:27 AM
Ride The Freeway is one of those confusing songs where riff+vocals magic somehow is difficult to put into regular 1-2-3-4, uh, which is cool. In time I was typing this I actually got it :). Neat solo!
And then Dirty Politician's intro is messing with me again! I like how it slows down at some moment. The rest of song is pretty much classic headshaking piece.
I'm glad that your songs seemed more complicated this time. Needless to say that recording quality is top-notch.

mrconeman
11-09-2009, 07:26 AM
Thanks for listening everyone :)

I like that people are latching on to the odd rhythm of Dirty Politician, I wrote it like that intentionally because alot of the bands set that was written before I joined is all basic 4/4, and in the key of A, D, or E, so I was like, fuck it, I'm writing a swing riff in B with a shuffle rhythm, and some stops in the middle. Worked well!