PDA

View Full Version : History.

BKDH_1984
09-17-2009, 09:36 PM
World War Three.............Is it now happening in Iraq? Fighting over the oil & money! I don't know. Discuss. do not ignore this...

wheelchairman
09-18-2009, 08:35 AM
World Wars can't happen in one country. That's called a war or a conflict.

BKDH_1984
09-18-2009, 08:37 PM
True, but will they ever stop? Sadly, no.

dexter12296566
09-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Whether they stop or not a world war is a conflict between several countries. This is just another war. Sadly it has been going on a long time though

wheelchairman
09-19-2009, 07:30 AM
You could actually say that its pretty optimistic that the majority of conflicts since WW2 have been isolated in the regions they occur in, and usually don't spread too much, as opposed to WW1 and 2.

Blitz!
09-19-2009, 11:26 AM
You could actually say that its pretty optimistic that the majority of conflicts since WW2 have been isolated in the regions they occur in, and usually don't spread too much, as opposed to WW1 and 2.

Agreed ... especially when you take into account the change in technology and nuclear warfare, a World War would destroy life as we know it. Although wars are still fought on the ground, in a kind of hand to hand combat, this would change to the point where a button is pushed in another country and will destroy yours without you even knowing that it is coming. This was always the assumption during the cold war and to a lesser extent has been proven during the Iraq war.

Thomas
09-19-2009, 05:16 PM
In a world without leaders...

dexter12296566
09-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Who'd start all our wars?

BKDH_1984
09-19-2009, 06:51 PM
Kill The President

dexter12296566
09-19-2009, 06:51 PM
Kill The President

DUH! ur supposed to say the next line of the song

chicapowerpunk
09-21-2009, 04:29 PM
World War Three.............Is it now happening in Iraq? Fighting over the oil & money! I don't know. Discuss. do not ignore this...

mmm Iraq is a sea of interest !!!:mad:

BKDH_1984
09-21-2009, 06:48 PM
mmm Iraq is a sea of interest !!!:mad:

The middle east etc... It feels like WW1 and 2 and at the same time Hitler and or the Civil wars. :mad: :( (not much of history i logic/wise knowledge) i didn't really payed that much attention to the teacher during our session.

IamSam
09-21-2009, 06:52 PM
This thread makes me want to slit my wrists.

BKDH_1984
09-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Your not like those emo faggots are ya?

Superdope
09-22-2009, 02:54 AM
oh lord_____

IamSam
09-22-2009, 05:31 AM
Your not like those emo faggots are ya?

No I'm one of those educated faggots.

That_Guy91
09-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Why did you name this thread "History" and then talk about current events?

dexter12296566
09-22-2009, 03:50 PM

None of the current events would be taking place without history.

wheelchairman
09-22-2009, 03:57 PM
That's also true of molecules though. I vote to rename the thread to "History and Molecules."

A sort of recipe if you will, for the coming world war.

dexter12296566
09-22-2009, 03:58 PM
That's also true of molecules though. I vote to rename the thread to "History and Molecules."

A sort of recipe if you will, for the coming world war.

Can you explain a little bit more?

Harleyquiiinn
09-22-2009, 04:08 PM
The middle east etc... It feels like WW1 and 2 and at the same time Hitler and or the Civil wars. :mad: :( (not much of history i logic/wise knowledge) i didn't really payed that much attention to the teacher during our session.

Hitler invaded Poland for petrol ?

I'm curious, why would you want to discuss something and give your opinion on something you know nothing about, as you just said ? I don't want to criticize you, I just don't understand your goal...

Anyway, I am not entirely sure that WW3 could happen in our situation because of the global economy. A world war would penalized about everyone.

(A little bit of history: that is the entire reason the European Union was created. At the beginning, right after WW2, a smart guy thought "well, yeah, german were pissed because after WW1, we (the countries who didn't lose) created a situation, with the treaty of Versailles, where Germany was the poorer country in Europe and could barely survived. So of course, if I had been a german at the time I would have been pissed too and maybe I would have voted for a guy who promised a better life for every german, and I wouldn't have cared that much that the guy was completely crazy."

So west european countries, including the west Germany, founded in 1951 a community of coal and steel trade. The idea was that if the countries shared interests in economics (and coal and steel was important at the time) there couldn't be anymore wars in Europe. Then it became the European Economic Community and later the European Union.)

wheelchairman
09-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Dexternumbers, I'm joking around. Your explanation for the title is however extremely vague.

Harleyquinn, Is that really the foundation for the EU? I've heard numerous explanations from various teachers and professors about the origins of the EU.

The idea of a united Europe even goes back to the 1920's (I'd give you a link but I can barely remember the article I read, and it was in Danish. Something about Germany being at the center of this Union, but not in a Nazi way)

Various trade agreements from the Coal and Steel Union to the Benelux agreements have been put forth as ideas to this end.

The cold war has also been said to have been a catalyst, as a response to the Eastern Block's expansion during WW2.

The wiki article on the history of the EU however agrees with what you say, and the reference is to what appears to be the EU commission's website.

Harleyquiiinn
09-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Dexternumbers, I'm joking around. Your explanation for the title is however extremely vague.

Harleyquinn, Is that really the foundation for the EU? I've heard numerous explanations from various teachers and professors about the origins of the EU.

The idea of a united Europe even goes back to the 1920's (I'd give you a link but I can barely remember the article I read, and it was in Danish. Something about Germany being at the center of this Union, but not in a Nazi way)

Various trade agreements from the Coal and Steel Union to the Benelux agreements have been put forth as ideas to this end.

The cold war has also been said to have been a catalyst, as a response to the Eastern Block's expansion during WW2.

The wiki article on the history of the EU however agrees with what you say, and the reference is to what appears to be the EU commission's website.

Oh I also heard that the idea of a union was very old. Beginning of the 20th century is also what I remember, I think you can even find older texts from the 19th century...The original idea was even a federal state I think. Like in the US...

I think I read once that a European empire was what Napoleon wanted to do too ... well except that he wanted to rule it...

But the Union as we know it now (exchange and trade space) was created to avoid wars between France and Germany mainly... (1870, 1914, 1939... it was starting to become a habit :D )

I think that if the cold war wasn't the reason the Union was created, it may have had an influence on its extension to various other economical interests. And probably also on its enlargement to the 12 countries... but i'm just speculating on this...

dexter12296566
09-22-2009, 05:03 PM

Whether or not you were joking, I meant things such as the Civil War has given Americans rights that they did not have before and new territories. Declaration of Independance seperated USA from Britain and we became one independant union. Without those wars and times we (atleast america) would not have the freedom that we have today

wheelchairman
09-22-2009, 05:23 PM
Sure but that has nothing to do with your post.

Also your point is not a very good one. Most people should know that events that take place today, were put into motion by previous events. Even toddlers can grasp the concept of time. It's just too general. Like molecules, none of this would be happening if there were no molecules. Or oxygen. etc. etc.

IamSam
09-22-2009, 05:36 PM
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj256/birchwl/comic.jpg

BKDH_1984
09-22-2009, 07:56 PM
No I'm one of those educated faggots.

Your obviously not a faggot.

But yeah, you are well educated.

Because History is cool. I don't read current events.

Hitler invaded Poland for petrol ?

I'm curious, why would you want to discuss something and give your opinion on something you know nothing about, as you just said ? I don't want to criticize you, I just don't understand your goal...

Anyway, I am not entirely sure that WW3 could happen in our situation because of the global economy. A world war would penalized about everyone.

(A little bit of history: that is the entire reason the European Union was created. At the beginning, right after WW2, a smart guy thought "well, yeah, german were pissed because after WW1, we (the countries who didn't lose) created a situation, with the treaty of Versailles, where Germany was the poorer country in Europe and could barely survived. So of course, if I had been a german at the time I would have been pissed too and maybe I would have voted for a guy who promised a better life for every german, and I wouldn't have cared that much that the guy was completely crazy."

So west european countries, including the west Germany, founded in 1951 a community of coal and steel trade. The idea was that if the countries shared interests in economics (and coal and steel was important at the time) there couldn't be anymore wars in Europe. Then it became the European Economic Community and later the European Union.)

First of all, I take criticizism highly enough to choke on a hard candy. Second of all, I do not have any goals, so therfore, I don't care. Third of all, I appreciate you, on taking your time to pre-awknowledged me with your well-educated mind. and YES, you are so right on your sharp-skills. You know-it all you. (I missed a great lesson in History class, now thanx to you I'm now learning stuff.) Be very flattered.....really.

That_Guy91
09-23-2009, 02:44 PM
Because History is cool. I don't read current events.

That doesn't answer my question.

BKDH_1984
09-23-2009, 09:39 PM
That doesn't answer my question.

Excuse me.

wheelchairman
09-23-2009, 09:49 PM
You're retarded.

BKDH_1984
09-23-2009, 10:10 PM
holland25, used to call me that.

That_Guy91