PDA

View Full Version : My Drum Covers (Lightning Rod, TKAA, Americana, Half-Truism)..!* =)

bhg_rulz2
09-19-2009, 01:18 AM
I made some covers today, Haven't played drums since 2006, so, let's how it works haha =)

Lightning Rod:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gneYBp9dklU&feature=channel

Half-Truism:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtpFQz-jdKc

Americana:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNnILj4BrEg&feature=channel

TKAA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQwJUBfCs-4&feature=channel

THE NOOSE (Only Sound):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF2XAhDvwpU

HAMMERHEAD (Drums Only):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FXoA0fIsnc

let me know what ya think =)

nightvision
09-19-2009, 01:54 AM
Lightning Rod? Yeah right... Won't fall for that one again.

One a more serious note: Nice drumming.

bhg_rulz2
09-19-2009, 02:07 AM

yeah, sorry for that, my friend confused the "Live" song with "Long Way Home"..so what can I do =(....

and thanks =)...Wich one you enjoyed the most?....for me...Lightning Rod haha =)

randman21
09-19-2009, 02:09 AM

Haha! I was going to say the same thing.

I've been checking out drum covers of Offspring all night, and one I can say is that I really like the sound (tone?) of your drums, especially the tones. I've never really played, so I can't speak to that aspect of it, but it sounded good.

bhg_rulz2
09-19-2009, 02:12 AM
Haha! I was going to say the same thing.

I've been checking out drum covers of Offspring all night, and one I can say is that I really like the sound (tone?) of your drums, especially the tones. I've never really played, so I can't speak to that aspect of it, but it sounded good.

hahah thanks dude =), I'm glad you like it:D

I wanna Record "The Noose" tomorrow!...or what you think?

dexterone
09-19-2009, 02:14 AM
great drumming....and yes! The Noose is one of my best songs....try to play it....:)

bhg_rulz2
09-19-2009, 02:16 AM
great drumming....and yes! The Noose is one of my best songs....try to play it....:)

I'll try to recorded it tomorrow =)...it's a hard one! I recorded it today, but I didn't like it, my tempo was a little out of time, so I'll try again tomorrow =)

nightvision
09-19-2009, 02:29 AM
yeah, sorry for that, my friend confused the "Live" song with "Long Way Home"..so what can I do =(....

and thanks =)...Wich one you enjoyed the most?....for me...Lightning Rod haha =)

I didn't know that actually :)

Haha yeah, I liked LR the most too.

mota0000
09-19-2009, 03:09 AM
havent played since 2006? riiiiight
very nice drumming though! keep it up, lightning rod is a tough one to get

Tomasisko
09-19-2009, 05:29 AM
I like that "well fuck you" part :D

come out swinging
09-19-2009, 06:09 AM
Good job. Whoa Whoa

Rutegard
09-19-2009, 11:14 AM
i liked it a lot :D

post more!!

ConspiracyofMegs
09-19-2009, 02:01 PM
i liked it a lot :D

post more!!

This ^

Lightning Rod was probably my favourite, but they're all really good. It's tough to get that snare right on TKAA, you did a good job, I usually spazz out.

I request Conspiracy of One.. or Stuff Is Messed Up. (People weren't really making requests but, meh, it's worth a shot. lol) :P

EDIT: Or I Choose. :P

bhg_rulz2
09-19-2009, 02:49 PM
This ^

Lightning Rod was probably my favourite, but they're all really good. It's tough to get that snare right on TKAA, you did a good job, I usually spazz out.

I request Conspiracy of One.. or Stuff Is Messed Up. (People weren't really making requests but, meh, it's worth a shot. lol) :P

EDIT: Or I Choose. :P

thanks a lot hehe, I'll try to get "Stuff Is Messed Up" =)

Jessika
09-19-2009, 03:10 PM
I liked it! Especially Lightning Rod and TKAA.

And yeah, I want Stuff Is Messed Up too! :)

nameless
09-19-2009, 07:43 PM
being picky, i noticed the hi hat with the foot was left out of the start of americana! just kidding obviously, but excellent job considering you hadnt played in so long! any chance of a session cover?!

Gustavo
09-19-2009, 08:08 PM
I don't know much about drumming, but it all sounds pretty good to me. Good job! :)

bhg_rulz2
09-19-2009, 09:17 PM
being picky, i noticed the hi hat with the foot was left out of the start of americana! just kidding obviously, but excellent job considering you hadnt played in so long! any chance of a session cover?!

nice request...I'll try tomorrow, never played though, I need to listen to it a few times, I learn the songs by ear =)..

okey, I'll try:

The Noose
Stuff Is Messed Up
Session

randman21
09-20-2009, 04:56 AM
I know we're just throwing out requests faster than you can play them, but Hammerhead would be awesome.

And here's something that someone else and I were wondering: how come it's been so long since you've played? Three months without my guitar nearly killed me when I sold it a couple of years ago. :\

bhg_rulz2
09-20-2009, 01:22 PM
I know we're just throwing out requests faster than you can play them, but Hammerhead would be awesome.

And here's something that someone else and I were wondering: how come it's been so long since you've played? Three months without my guitar nearly killed me when I sold it a couple of years ago. :\

well, here's the story:

I played in a band, a few friends of mine, we were called "Extraño Enemigo" in english: "Strange Enemy", so we played for fun., but I never had drums, I always borrowed my friend's drums (the singer), so we started in 2003, and in novembre 2006 his brother sold the drums for an Ipod Nano, and $50 bucks (yeah, it was really stupid, knowing that the drums were "Tama"), so that's when I stopped playing haha =P. That's the story in general points.

And yeah, I'll do Hammerhead, I love that song

Thomas
09-20-2009, 01:30 PM
It seems like you have pretty good timing, and your technique definitely ain't half bad.

I've got to ask, though... Why did you put a blanket over drums? What are they? Tama Rockstars? Swingstars? I didn't get a good look, but judging by the lugs, they almost look like a pdp cx kit. If you want my suggestion, take out ALL muffling (including the bass drum) and let those babies sing like they were made to.

bhg_rulz2
09-20-2009, 02:35 PM
It seems like you have pretty good timing, and your technique definitely ain't half bad.

I've got to ask, though... Why did you put a blanket over drums? What are they? Tama Rockstars? Swingstars? I didn't get a good look, but judging by the lugs, they almost look like a pdp cx kit. If you want my suggestion, take out ALL muffling (including the bass drum) and let those babies sing like they were made to.

hahaha yeah I know, well, right know, I have some guests at my house, so I don't wanna make a lot of noise, you know!, and the kit is a "Pearl, Forum Series" =)

Thomas
09-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Ah, I see. Yeah, let those drums breathe, dude. Tune them up right and you'll be blown away by the sound you can get.

nameless
09-20-2009, 03:20 PM
i thought you might have convered them as more of a way of dampening them rather than just keeping noise down. sometimes they can sound really just "boomy" without the dampening. could you also post them without the actual track, then maybe some people could record other instruments over them like they did in the covers thread a few months back. just a thought anyway!

bhg_rulz2
09-20-2009, 03:51 PM
i thought you might have convered them as more of a way of dampening them rather than just keeping noise down. sometimes they can sound really just "boomy" without the dampening. could you also post them without the actual track, then maybe some people could record other instruments over them like they did in the covers thread a few months back. just a thought anyway!

I acutally have 2 or 3 recordings of only drums =)

bhg_rulz2
09-20-2009, 04:10 PM

I got..Americana, Lightnng Rod, and THE NOOSE....but I only like The Noose...only drum sound.

bhg_rulz2
09-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Here's THE NOOSE (Only Sound):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF2XAhDvwpU

bhg_rulz2
09-20-2009, 11:02 PM

:\

there you go..Hammerhead...and the noose is on the first page too =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FXoA0fIsnc

dexterone
09-21-2009, 06:19 AM
I like it :) but I miss the guitar sound or vocals at least....

dff_punk
09-21-2009, 06:45 AM
Good drum covers dude. jajajajaja

bhg_rulz2
09-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Good drum covers dude. jajajajaja

thanks a lot =)

nameless
09-24-2009, 03:21 PM
nice playing! now all we need is someone to upload the other instruments. we, and someone to put them togerther!

kaylae
09-24-2009, 03:26 PM
you should do can't repeat it's a great drumming song xx:)